I really like the siege and the final duel

Despite the fact that the siege was hopeless for the Forresters, I really like the epic feeling and scope of the siege. Despite the fact that the Forresters was heavily outnumbered, they still put up a good fight and killed many Whitehills. Everyone clashing their swords. The atmosphere was great. It was really epic battle. There are a lot of awesome moments too. Rodrik commanding and giving orders during the siege, discussing tactics with his Sentinel and heading off to infiltrate and deal some damage at Ludd's camp,

Then the clash itself during the courtyard. Every Forresters get their spirits restored when Rodrik/Asher appeared and they all rallied to his side. Then the epic charge and Rodrik/Asher slaying many soldiers. It all culminates in the final duel against Harys. This was a moment that has been building during the whole season, just a chance to kill this guy. Both Rodrik and Asher was handicapped by their injuries during the duel and despite their wounds and the lost of their mother, they still managed to wiped the smug laugh off that bastard's face, hammering an axe to his neck. You can really see Harys was surprised by it and was getting desperate. I love the fear in his eyes when Rodrik/Asher ran the Greatsword through his mouth, he really knew he was screwed and he was getting killed by either Rodrik, a man everyone laughed at for being a cripple or Asher who fought with a stab wound at his side and obviously weakened by it.

Although the battle is lost, I of course felt the hopeless of the situation, but the battle was still epic enough for it to have been worth it.

Overall, the battle was amazing and I really love the epic atmosphere.

Comments

• I agree entirely, hands down the best scene. It was nice to command some troops and actually kill some Whitehills. In addition, it was very satisfying to wield Lord Gregor's Greatsword as Asher, although it was a defeat it was still very costly to the Whitehills. Considering the Forrester numbers, the Whitehills performed very poorly, it was epic when my sentinel Royland saved Asher as well and tackled him out of the way. The icing on the cake of this scene was Bowen's cameo, was nice to know my choice actually mattered- although he did die.

• I agree man it really was a great atmospshere befitting of a GoT battle. The duel with Harys completely surprised me when mother saved us and he plunged the sword through us. Then the gate finally falling was a heartbreaking scene. Really thought we were done for, then Royland saved my ass. Great finale !!

• I can't stop gushing when Royland grabbed his attacker's steel sword with his bare-hands. That was so badass.

Brody100 posted: »

I agree entirely, hands down the best scene. It was nice to command some troops and actually kill some Whitehills. In addition, it was very

• Yeah unfortunately I have no idea what happened to him, he was surrounded in my game and I ended up with Duncan.

I can't stop gushing when Royland grabbed his attacker's steel sword with his bare-hands. That was so badass.

• edited November 2015

The siege and the final duel have to be my favorite moments in the game. It was really good that we could command an army and kill some Whitehills, even though we didn't kill them all. But the final duel... Absolutely brutal and amazing. When Elissa interrupted Harys, without her, Rodrik/Asher could've been gone for good. It was brave of her to go out in the danger and risk her live just to save her son. And seriously, I thought my Rodrik would be gone for good but Royland saved me and put himself in danger (good thing he survived for me, though). That has to be one of my favorite fights in the entire series. Emotional and brutal... the things I wanted to see in a battle.

• Yes, it was amazing!

And so gratifying to finally see Rodrik plough through some Whitehills like I knew he could, killing Gryff (for me) and Harys in the process. Especially since he's so often dismissed as weak by many in the fandom, and characters within the world. I just wish we were given more options throughout (something like the Mass Effect 2 ending) but it was still so good. And I'm glad to see it get some love here :D

• Does no-one but me check their Codex? :P

Your Sentinel always dies, if the traitor was imprisoned. (Which sucks in my opinion, not that it matters to me, since I killed my traitor)

"Royland / Duncan fought bravely during the Battle of Ironrath and saved his lords life before falling in battle."

Yeah unfortunately I have no idea what happened to him, he was surrounded in my game and I ended up with Duncan.

• Aye, there was so much emotions and I love it.

I definitely love Royland's version where he sends Asher/Rodrik off. "You must survive, Rodrik/Asher. For this house. For all of us." The way he said it, was so emotional. I really hope that he stays much longer in Season 2, because I really love his character. Gruff, harsh and blunt, but also honest and loyal to his lord (The Sentinel, I mean).

Wolfenus54 posted: »

The siege and the final duel have to be my favorite moments in the game. It was really good that we could command an army and kill some Whit

• Nooooooo, I did not know this...Royland :(

IceFromIron posted: »

Does no-one but me check their Codex? :P Your Sentinel always dies, if the traitor was imprisoned. (Which sucks in my opinion, not that i

• edited November 2015

It is pretty amazing how much of a tank, Rodrik is. Not saying that he is better than Asher, they are both equal. But unlike Asher, Rodrik has been fighting for so many hours. He commanded the initial siege, went off to infiltrate Ludd's camp, kill some Whitehills, gets wounded then hurry back home and fight the siege again. He didn't have a moments of rest during the whole siege and still keep killing Whitehills. He gets even more wounded and he still survived. He doesn't deserve to be called weak for this.

DillonDex posted: »

Yes, it was amazing! And so gratifying to finally see Rodrik plough through some Whitehills like I knew he could, killing Gryff (for me)

• You can't let traitors live, man, you just can't :(
    They took Asher / Rodrik from us, and then they take our Sentinel.

My friend is playing Episode 6 saturday night. Rodrik, Mira and Royland (his Sentinel) are his favourite characters, but he imprisoned Duncan and I know he won't marry Morgryn. Poor Adam.

Nooooooo, I did not know this...Royland

• Lol I literally thought exactly that when I finished the episode. "Damn, Rodrik is a tank."

Still, I'd be lying if I said I didn't get a little perverse satisfaction, when, after playing both Asher and Rodrik's side of the story, seeing that Rodrik kills more Whitehills than he does, and all in, just preforms more physically impressive feats. Not that I'm dissing Asher, I'm actually just dissing all the people who saved him because, far as they were concerned, Rodrik couldn't fight well. That he wasn't as badass as Asher. That he is weak. But as you say, I don't imagine we'll be hearing that ever again now :P

RodrikTheUnbroken

It is pretty amazing how much of a tank, Rodrik is. Not saying that he is better than Asher, they are both equal. But unlike Asher, Rodrik h

• Am I the only one who thinks that the traitor redeeming himself is more fitting than the Sentinel basically being like 'I got lucky, real lucky'?

It was a fitting death for my Sentinel (Royland), and I would honestly have been kind of pissed if he somehow deus-ex-machina'd out of the impossible to escape situation. Or maybe I should say I am kind of pissed that it is even an option? Oh well, you can't have everything.

IceFromIron posted: »

You can't let traitors live, man, you just can't They took Asher / Rodrik from us, and then they take our Sentinel. My friend is playi

• In Royland's case it is easier to believe that he managed to get himself out of it. In Duncan's version, he got kicked to the ground as they surround him.

Am I the only one who thinks that the traitor redeeming himself is more fitting than the Sentinel basically being like 'I got lucky, real lu

• Well, it's certainly fitting, but in this case, I definitely prefer the "I got lucky, real lucky" side of things.

Royland has been my main man since day 1 (literally) and I've carried him this far. I lost enough during the battle (Ironrath, Mother, Amaya, the soldiers, the people) if I can at least keep my Sentinel, then a bit of miraculous survival sits fine with me. Now that I think about it, I've been quite lucky this episode. My four favourite characters are:
    1. Rodrik
    2. Royland
    3. Talia
    4. Beskha

And all four basically survive and unite by the end.

Am I the only one who thinks that the traitor redeeming himself is more fitting than the Sentinel basically being like 'I got lucky, real lu

• I know that, but both are in a situation where only the power of screenwriting can save them. Royland is good, but not good enough to take on 5+ soldiers and then somehow escape even though Rosher is nearly shot on horseback.

In Royland's case it is easier to believe that he managed to get himself out of it. In Duncan's version, he got kicked to the ground as they surround him.

• edited November 2015

How would you feel if season 2 starts with the whitehill putting up the bodies of your men (including sentinel) and pitfighters up on crosses after mutilating them ?

Nooooooo, I did not know this...Royland

• Rodrik the Ruiner

Lol I literally thought exactly that when I finished the episode. "Damn, Rodrik is a tank." Still, I'd be lying if I said I didn't get a

• Why would you want us to imagine that? That is the cruelest thing I can imagine.

How would you feel if season 2 starts with the whitehill putting up the bodies of your men (including sentinel) and pitfighters up on crosses after mutilating them ?

• I think Rodrik is actually a better fighter than Asher. Asher is defintiley skilled, but Rodrik is stronger and has better techniques on top of that. Plus, he's one tough cookie.

I had him stay behind in my 'main' playthrough nonetheless, mainly because it felt like something Rodrik would do. I can't see him leave his little bro to die tbh

I also like Asher's story more in Episode 6.

Lol I literally thought exactly that when I finished the episode. "Damn, Rodrik is a tank." Still, I'd be lying if I said I didn't get a

• With the exception during the siege battle, I think Asher is faster than his elder brother. He knows how to land quick blows and use the environment to his advantages during the Great Hall fight. But he is also a slightly more fragile than Rodrik or at least not as good at enduring pain as Rodrik, since the stab at his side seems to have weakened him. Rodrik meanwhile has a stronger stamina and is capable of enduring the pain. He also strikes harder since he seems more skilled using a Greatsword than Asher (That he got more scenes with the Greatsword)

I think Rodrik is actually a better fighter than Asher. Asher is defintiley skilled, but Rodrik is stronger and has better techniques on top

• edited November 2015

Though Rodrik wears heavy armour while Asher uses light armour, so that would account for the speed difference.

Still, I agree with all the rest of what you said :)

With the exception during the siege battle, I think Asher is faster than his elder brother. He knows how to land quick blows and use the env

Sign in to comment in this discussion.