I do hope somebody answers that phone.

Dammit TTG

I knew when they sheepherded into a bad ending with unresolved plot strings it was for one reason to sodomize another 30 bucks out of the players with a season 2 and lo and behold it was announced a season 2 was coming.. Little did they know noone is going to give a shit when it comes out and if they played the first season they're likely to not want to play any future TTG games.

Doomed from beginning/Telltale fucks us again/Fuck you i'm outtie

Comments

• Little did they know noone is going to give a shit when it comes out

Because obviously you speak for everyone on the forums.

• OH NO!!!! Cliffhangers are being used to set up season 2. How shocking!!!! It's like you people don't even watch GoT. Guess what? Everyone gets screwed. That's kind of the overall theme of the show.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited November 2015

You fucked up your haiku there buddy

That's 6/6/5

From the beginning/Telltale reeled us in to doom/Fuck this shit I'm out

there you go

• Watch the end of Season 5. Basically every storyline ends in a cliffhanger that has to be solved in the next season, so yeah this ending is fitting.

• So you speak for everyone here? The season finale was awesome, and I think they will do even better for Season Two.

• Little did they know noone is going to give a shit when it comes out and if they played the first season they're likely to not want to play any future TTG games.

enter image description here

The exact opposite is the case, but good that you can speak for the entire forum, am I right?

• The finale was one of the best Telltale episodes I've ever played.

And, oh no, CLIFFHANGERS?

The show NEVER does that.

Oh, wait.

It does.

• The story didn't even get finished. This season is basically a teaser for the second season. Waste of money.

OH NO!!!! Cliffhangers are being used to set up season 2. How shocking!!!! It's like you people don't even watch GoT. Guess what? Everyone gets screwed. That's kind of the overall theme of the show.

• well good to know. i guess....

• Little did they know noone is going to give a shit when it comes out and if they played the first season they're likely to not want to play any future TTG games.

Um... have you even asked them? I'm really interested in season 2 and I can't wait for it to come out. And I want to play some other TTG that will come out in the future, if they interest me, of course.

Doomed from beginning/Telltale fucks us again/Fuck you i'm outtie

You used haiku. Well, at least you tried ;p

(?) Zer0 will remember that.

• Agreed. I assumed anyone who's seen the show would have expected the game to end in a depressing cliffhanger since it's sort of GOT's thing.

OH NO!!!! Cliffhangers are being used to set up season 2. How shocking!!!! It's like you people don't even watch GoT. Guess what? Everyone gets screwed. That's kind of the overall theme of the show.

• Season 1 of GoT set up season 2, season 2 set up season 3, etc. So what's your point?

Fat_Turt posted: »

The story didn't even get finished. This season is basically a teaser for the second season. Waste of money.

• edited November 2015

What I don't understand is people complaining about this game ending in cliffhangers and sad endings.. have you not seen the show or read the books?!?!?

• In my case that's not really the problem. It's just that the ending of the episode was somehow clumsy. When you end a season you should give the important characters good scenes that give you the information where we are going and leaves you waiting for the next season. The last scenes should be much more powerful, if you know what I mean. At least in my playthrough only Gared had this kind of ending.

With Asher I did get the information where he was and with whom but the epilogue was still kinda meh. I guess I'll give it a pass though, it did leave me wondering what will Asher do now (if he just dies to that wound then a facepalm will not be enough).

With Mira... she is (in my canon) alive and apparently going somewhere with Morgryn, I guess? That's not really a cliffhanger, it didn't leave me like "omfg, what happens next?", it left me wondering what the heck even is the situation with her now, should I even care about her? Plus she is determinant so I don't really have high hopes for her being in any way important.

With Whitehills we got basically nothing (well apparently it is possible to see Gwyn in the epilogue, but still). A scene showing the surviving Whitehill, Ludd or Gryff, stating to his men what will be their next move or something like that (it could even be something vague like "We will hunt down every last Forrester"), now that would have been a good cliffhanger.

Don't get my rant wrong though, otherwise I loved The Ice Dragon - the ending just felt a little half assed to me.

AGentlman posted: »

What I don't understand is people complaining about this game ending in cliffhangers and sad endings.. have you not seen the show or read the books?!?!?

• I thought the ending was just pretty much Forresters are gonna have to rebuild somehow, and it seems Ryon may play a larger role (possibly being older) with the last shot in the epilogue. I guess I would agree a tad bit, they could have made it a bit more detailed, but its possible Telltale didn't really know where they wanted the story to go so they left it wide open. I have high hopes for Telltales determinant characters.. they have been handling them a lot better than before... not in episode 5 of GoT though, I facepalm even thinking about that.

In my case that's not really the problem. It's just that the ending of the episode was somehow clumsy. When you end a season you should give

• I'm pumped for season 2 and I loved the finale so I feel the need to say that you're wrong.

• its possible Telltale didn't really know where they wanted the story to go so they left it wide open.

Good point. It does give it some justification, but I still feel like there should have been a small scene with Ludd/Gryff :D

I thought the ending was just pretty much Forresters are gonna have to rebuild somehow, and it seems Ryon may play a larger role (possibly b

• Maybe Ludd/Gryff finding the dead body of Ludd/Gryff

its possible Telltale didn't really know where they wanted the story to go so they left it wide open. Good point. It does give it some justification, but I still feel like there should have been a small scene with Ludd/Gryff

• Wow, that would've been great :D And it wouldn't have even set them any boundaries considering season 2, so no reason not to do it. Well, it was a solid finale anyway so I'll stop the complaining here :)

Maybe Ludd/Gryff finding the dead body of Ludd/Gryff

Wow, that would've been great And it wouldn't have even set them any boundaries considering season 2, so no reason not to do it. Well, it was a solid finale anyway so I'll stop the complaining here

• The story didn't even get finished. This season is basically a teaser for the second season. Waste of money.

A waste of money? Because all games require a happy ending in order for them to be worth it, right? How about no.

The story "didn't even get finished" because it's not over. The season is.

Fat_Turt posted: »

The story didn't even get finished. This season is basically a teaser for the second season. Waste of money.

• Just putting out a request here for everyone to stay civil please. :)

• No it actually isn't but hey if that makes you think the finale is good, then go ahead man.

And your arguement is pretty horrendous man, I hope that's not how most consumers feel

• edited November 2015

(Classified)

Sorry if your comments look weird now but I changed my opinion and thus retort my comments.

Bacon from Pig guys

Watch the end of Season 5. Basically every storyline ends in a cliffhanger that has to be solved in the next season, so yeah this ending is fitting.

• Season 5 wasn't received particularly badly, it just got hate because it's slower than the others.

ShaneGrimes posted: »

(Classified) Sorry if your comments look weird now but I changed my opinion and thus retort my comments. Bacon from Pig guys

• edited November 2015

Fucking hell. Just because you yourself didn't like something doesn't mean everyone else didn't either.

• I got a bridge to sell you. But you gotta pay me up first for it I mean i can tell you a story about the bridge but in order for me to do that you gotta pay for that too. The actual bridge is a whole seperate purchase it hasn't been built yet.. shit you weren't supposed to know that but the story proves a bridge was always planned so why dont you buy the pointless story about the bridge and then the bridge when we finish it..

almighty posted: »

The story didn't even get finished. This season is basically a teaser for the second season. Waste of money. A waste of money? Becau

• No, No I haven't. Your move. And it's less the cliffhanger and more like i have a nine hour trailer of lord of the rings for you. Wait a second if it's nine hours of footage that's practically how long the movies.... oh oh it's not a trailer at all it's the movies under false pretenses. This entire season nothing mattered and it was all intentionally set up for a dramatic cliffhanger which isn't Dramatic because

Just like Carley/Doug, Rodrik/Asher's death is assured. if there was no season 2 MAYBE they could have survived. But since they are "determinant" characters. We'll obviously be playing the only other forrester in that scene which we'll call "Team Refugee" Since Ryon and Beskha will always survive regardless of your choices we'll call them "Team Littlest Brother" and lastly we have Gared who is guaranteed to survive the finale no matter what so we have "Team Bacon". Three teams that were always going to happen. It's the illusion of choice that brings Rage. it isn't Game of Thrones Season 1. It's Game of Thrones the 30 dollar Season 2 Trailer. And that is something i don't abide.

Let us recap

Did Clementine and Lee skip happily into the sunset for their happy ending? No but if there was no season 2 it was still a resolved story.

The Walking Dead Season 2 is wrapped up neatly as well and depending on your opinion is happy or not. But if they make a season 3 for the same reason Asher/Rodrik dies in Episode 1 of Game Of Thrones Season 2 we're losing whoever we chose because of one simple word. "Determinant"

It's not about Happy endings. it's about decisions actually mattering. Nothing you did in season 1 mattered a bit because to quote Benny from Fallout New Vegas. " From where you're kneeling it looks like a sixteen carat run of bad luck. But truth is the Game was Rigged from the start."

• I didn't hate season 5 and I know plenty of people who didn't.

(Classified) Sorry if your comments look weird now but I changed my opinion and thus retort my comments. Bacon from Pig guys

• edited November 2015

And everyone hated season 5

You don't speak for everybody.

Alright I generalized but a good amount of ppl didn't like the cliffhanger part.

Then maybe that amout of people should move to for another show and game (and even books) and stop disturbing those who like it.

• Teamfourstar dbz funniest moment

• edited November 2015

(Classified)

And I actually took a day to think about what you said man... And you're right, somewhat.

And everyone hated season 5 You don't speak for everybody. Alright I generalized but a good amount of ppl didn't like the clif

• Yeah that's true.. I generalized as previously stated

I didn't hate season 5 and I know plenty of people who didn't.

• Sorry if I was a bit too agressive :(

And I didn't said you can't have your own opinion, I said you don't represent everyone's opinions.

(Classified) And I actually took a day to think about what you said man... And you're right, somewhat.

• Actually my bad, I read your comment wrong. I got a lil Murican real quick :P

Let me get to editing lmao

Sorry if I was a bit too agressive And I didn't said you can't have your own opinion, I said you don't represent everyone's opinions.

• I think we all (literally I'm talking about myself) are forgetting that this is a deal with HBO and Game of Thrones... Not GRMM and A Song of Ice and Fire.

• Kinda agree but since the Season 5 finale was completely similar in shite levels despite it not being an interactive game.. I'll let them pass.

Plus it's a given at this point that we're losing Mira's pov and switching to a whitehills. Hopefully the one serving the boltons. So the story will matter little and will go on

CapnJay posted: »

No, No I haven't. Your move. And it's less the cliffhanger and more like i have a nine hour trailer of lord of the rings for you. Wait a sec

• enter image description here

CapnJay posted: »

I got a bridge to sell you. But you gotta pay me up first for it I mean i can tell you a story about the bridge but in order for me to do th

Sign in to comment in this discussion.