Last episode ruined by glitches

I have been an avid follower of all telltales recent games, have supported them through delayed release dates, bugs and minor glitches...but episode 6 of Game of Thrones is a new low.

What should have been an emotional and immersive climax to the series was ruined for me by laggy gameplay which caused me to miss several quick time events and glitches which often caused the sound to cut out at key moments. As such the climax of the game was completely ruined for me. How could telltale spend so long making something so inferior?? With today's technology surely they should be able to release a video game that at least works the way it's supposed to.

I feel angry and let down and don't think I'll be investing my hard earned money in anymore telltale games anytime soon

Comments

• Are you playing on PS3? I and many other PS3 users have been experiencing these issues

• I am yes, very frustrating isn't it

No_username posted: »

Are you playing on PS3? I and many other PS3 users have been experiencing these issues

• Did you also experience that black screen glitch months back?

Nickynoo86 posted: »

I am yes, very frustrating isn't it

• I play on Xbox360. Others episodes were a little glitchy, and i was like " Okay 360 is an old machine, i can understand that there is some lags as long as it didn't interfer with my game experience".
    Now that i just finished épisode 6, i'm certain that i will NEVER EVER buy a Telltale games. The game was so glitchy that after every moves you make, the game freeze, the sounds come after the events, or even don't come at all. It makes me miss some quick time events as you did. But most importantly, It totally ruined the game. i'm so mad at telltale games Prod. right now. They took so much time to create this episode, and yet it is the most filled with bug. If you can't code properly your games on the old machine, just don't do it. I spend money to buy this game, but now Telltale, after you taking me for a fool, be sure that you will never see the color of it again.
    Thank you for nothing

PS : English isn't my native language, sorry if there are mistakes in my comment.

• Playing Telltale's games on 7th gen consoles is like playing a PS4/XB1 game on a Gamecube.

Don't expect smooth performance because the PS3 and X360 are like low-spec PCs.

Doomino posted: »

I play on Xbox360. Others episodes were a little glitchy, and i was like " Okay 360 is an old machine, i can understand that there is some l

• I see what you're saying but I don't think that's a valid excuse, the machines are still a high enough spec that you should be able to make a game at least functions properly!

Playing Telltale's games on 7th gen consoles is like playing a PS4/XB1 game on a Gamecube. Don't expect smooth performance because the PS3 and X360 are like low-spec PCs.

• Playing Telltale's games on 7th gen consoles is like playing a PS4/XB1 game on a Gamecube.

Don't expect smooth performance because the PS3 and X360 are like low-spec PCs.

To be frank thats utter crap, if it isnt going to work right they shouldn't release it for those platforms. This isnt like a PC issue where you generally need a certain speed they are actually releasing it for a specific console where the game runs really bad.

Playing Telltale's games on 7th gen consoles is like playing a PS4/XB1 game on a Gamecube. Don't expect smooth performance because the PS3 and X360 are like low-spec PCs.

• Blame it on Telltale's engine.

Playing Telltale's games on 7th gen consoles is like playing a PS4/XB1 game on a Gamecube. Don't expect smooth performance because th

• with 512 MB ram, there is not much you can do. But to optimize it properly (which Telltale failed to do).

Nickynoo86 posted: »

I see what you're saying but I don't think that's a valid excuse, the machines are still a high enough spec that you should be able to make a game at least functions properly!

• edited November 2015

I did, and the thing is, this is only happening (to me atleast) in Game of Thrones.. It didn't happend in TWAU, TWD, TWD S2, TFTB, MC:SM. It's only happening at GoT, of course my favourite of them... I was about to shut the game down andd throw my PS3 OUT through my window, when I fought Harys in EP6.. It's disturbing, the sounds repeted and you heard about half what people says...

TELLTALE, GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER } Pun intended

Mr. Toad } -II-

No_username posted: »

Did you also experience that black screen glitch months back?

• "Playing Telltale's games on 7th gen consoles is like playing a PS4/XB1 game on a Gamecube.
    Don't expect smooth performance because the PS3 and X360 are like low-spec PCs."

But it's a basic point and click game and shouldn't be so demanding. It uses cell shaded graphics which is something that could have been done on a dream cast since the days of jet set radio. Sometimes we make excuses for telltale. Here's what really happened, they rushed episodes 4-6 and didn't give a shit about the bugs and glitches, they just shipped out the episodes because of their deadlines. If the problem was with hardware why is it that the first episode of each of telltale's series run well?(they are the episodes that bait you into buying the season pass). GOT episodes 1-3 ran well on my PS3 with no problems, no audio issues. The problems started near the end of episode 4 and got worse, making parts of episode 6 unplayable.

With regards to the comment "don't expect smooth performances because PS3 and Xbox are low spec", what excuse is there for the games telltale released before they were making current gen (ps4 and xbox one) versions? Glitches and freezing scenes are not new. This is a problem telltale games have had since TWD in 2012 and even back to the future before that. We just excuse the technical issues because of our love or interest in the games stories.

People talk about budget, TWD game was 2012 game of the year. Telltale have more money than people think, definitely enough money to ensure their games run fluidly through out each series. They delay the episode releases, people are so desperate to find out what will happen next in the story that they are so grateful when the episode comes out that they don't see or excuse the the technical issues. It's the "better to have some than none" attitude that is developed by being made to wait for a game that we are heavily invested in due to it's episodic structure.

If telltale games can no longer run on PS3 and xbox360 they should enable you to transfer your purchase history onto your new ps4/xbox one so you can reinstall the games on the new systems without having to pay for the games again, since the games cost the same amount on PS3 as they do on ps4.

• poor porting is what i should say.

Telltale's engine isn't the best like Unreal or Unity. While there are visually beautiful games available on the PS3 and X360, it all flows down to the engine and hardware.

Look at MC:SM, a simple game but requires 3GB of RAM. Telltale's engine is not optimized to its full potential, so I doubt they'll release more games to the 7th gen consoles, since they are getting obselete.

On the side note, I have most Telltale's games on my X360 and all episodes run smoothly (TFTB is not included since I have it on my PS3), it is noted that consoles that have aged and has most of its storage capacity used plays a part on how it plays a game.

loop hole posted: »

"Playing Telltale's games on 7th gen consoles is like playing a PS4/XB1 game on a Gamecube. Don't expect smooth performance because the PS3

Sign in to comment in this discussion.