final battle plot error?

edited November 2015 in Game Of Thrones

Why did the whitehills have to break the gate to get reinforcements inside, when they HAD the gate under control?

Why did Ironrath burn? Isn't it supposed to be pretty flame resistant? It was basically just flame arrows, is that seriously enough against ironwood?

Comments

• Ironwood doesn't burn easily but it can still burn, it's not immune to fire. The Whitehills didn't control the gate and I don't know why you would think they did.

• But isn't Ironwood supposed to have blue flames?

AgentZ46 posted: »

Ironwood doesn't burn easily but it can still burn, it's not immune to fire. The Whitehills didn't control the gate and I don't know why you would think they did.

• I think so, I think it was the actual Houses within Ironrath that were set on fire though.

PanJogurt posted: »

But isn't Ironwood supposed to have blue flames?

• edited November 2015

"doesn't burn easily but it can still burn" Never said it can't, I said "It was basically just flame arrows, is that seriously enough against ironwood?". Relative flame resistancy was an advantage earlier discussed by characters, if it fails against casual flame arrows whats the point? The fortress and a watchtower are both in flames, it is not even just the simple houses.

"The Whitehills didn't control the gate and I don't know why you would think they did."
    The game literally gives you the alternatives during the battle to either "defend the smallfolk" or "retake the gate". I payed attention thats why I think that :D The gate section is swarming with whitehills, who was guarding the opening mechanism so determined? Why would the whitehills rather charge at the gladiators instead of killing the guards near the gate and simply open it? The lack of strategic thinking could be explained by saying the whole battle was chaotic and whitehills are idiots but they LITERALLY HAD THE GATE according to the game.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Ironwood doesn't burn easily but it can still burn, it's not immune to fire. The Whitehills didn't control the gate and I don't know why you would think they did.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.