Rhys X Fiona Confirmed Season Finale "The Vault of The Traveler" Spoilers!!

Comments

• Ow I'm really happy to read this ! Thanks a lot ! I love to imagine them happy, despite all that happens to and around them, and despite the judgement of people around them. No easy to be happy in this conditions, so it's even better at the end when it happens.

Look at those precious, happy faces! Happy Rhys and Fiona are the right aesthetics to me.

• edited January 2016

Ok people I been teasing it for awhile now, but here it is Tears of the Fallen Chapter 1, but first need to give two shouts outs to two amazing girls, who if not for then this thing wouldn't have happened, @mawula and @growlingpeanut.

Peanut- Just thank you for all your hard work editing this thing for me, and for being a great friend, got a lot of love for ya darling. Your a sweet Angel. :D

My Moon- Just to much stuff to say, most of it doesn't need repeating. You know all of it anyways and that is enough.

now enough of this sappy crap, here some fanfic.

I stared at the TV on my way back from the bondsmen; the CEO of the Atlas corporation was on. He was going over a new housing development project, to help the poorer places in this city. A noble cause, but the man seemed to be a fool. This town wasn't worth saving from itself—crime was rampant, and the rich men like him were oblivious to it all. I'd discovered that a long time ago, back when I walked a beat for this city. You could only see the brutality for so long before you just lost any hope for humanity. I'd been a terrible cop anyway; beat a man who killed his son—just couldn't stay objective, I suppose. The bastard was half dead before my partner stopped me.

Now, I'm not under the red tape and politics of all that shit; just another independent investigator in a fucked-up city. I pushed my way through the crowded street, my large frame and glare clearing a path through the chaos of rush hour. I was close to my office, and the crowd seemed to be hell bent to avoid it—the closer I got, the more the traffic thinned. The part of town it was in seemed appropriate for me; worn down, decaying. The brick-and-mortar building housed a sad handful of offices—mine, an accountant’s, a shitty lawyer’s. Luckily for me, they were on a different floor, so I didn't have to talk to them.

Three paralegals were outside the building, smoking and gossiping about the latest office scandals. One of them saw me, and smiled. "How’s your day been, Mason?” she asked with a polite smile. “Need me to take your cigarettes again?”

"Two jobs finished and paid for,” I answered, handing her my cigarettes with a wink. “About as good as it gets.” The smell of smoke still lingered on me as I entered the building, but I could blame it on the paralegals easily enough if Ethel asked. She’d have my head if she knew the truth. Hiring her as my secretary hadn’t dulled her motherly instincts in the slightest.

I ascended the stairs to the floor my office was on; even in the hall you could hear typing from the rooms nearby. I pushed open the heavy door, glancing around the sparsely-furnished office. Ethel, a small, white-haired, elderly woman of sixty, was at her desk, sitting in the only comfortable chair in the room. I took a manila envelope out of my pocket and tossed it on the table."Ethel, could you deposit the money into the accounts?"

"Of course."

"And are all the bills caught up?" I already knew the answer—Ethel had never missed a bill payment in her life—but I asked anyway. It was a force of habit.

She didn’t answer, only handed me a few pieces of paper with an expression that told me I should really stop asking. "You have three clients wanting you for jobs—I sent the contracts over, and there is a woman who made an appointment with you today. She should be here soon."

"Did she tell you what the job was?" Ethel shook her head, and I continued on into my office, leaving the door ajar. I went though the job offers I had been sent; two were routine legwork that I could do in a day. The third would be a week’s worth of work—which meant more money for both of us.

"Mr. Phillips, she is here to see you," Ethel called from the other room.

"Send her in." There was a brief, muffled conversation from beyond the door before it swung open a moment later. The sight of the woman that came in was close to pure perfection, and I rose from my chair a little more quickly than I would have liked. Her hair was light brown with a single lock dyed red. She wore a form-fitting dress that deliberately showed every curve of her body. Her steely eyes were a radiant shade of green. A guy could fall in love with a woman like her.

"Mason Phillips, Miss..." I held out my hand. She looked me over before taking it. Her hand was rough; it didn’t fit a high society woman like her. She had worked for a living at one point—legal or otherwise. In this town you could never know.

"Missus, actually,” she finally answered. “I'm Fiona Morgan, Mr. Phillips, and I would like to hire you." Her voice was soft, hypnotic. I could have listened to it for hours.

"Of course, Mrs. Morgan, take a seat.” I motioned toward one of the huge wooden chairs in front of my desk. "And please, call me Mason." She sat down, crossing her long, tan legs, and I found myself mesmerized by the them. My eyes wandered from her heels to the bottom of her dress, and must have lingered too long, because I saw her smile lightly at me.

"Mr. Phillips—I mean...Mason, I need you to investigate my husband."

A common enough job, cheating husbands paid the bills more often than anything else, but any man cheating on her should be taken somewhere and beat to death. "Cheating, I take it, ma'am?"

She started laughing. "Oh, God no! Mr. Mason, my husband wouldn't ever cheat on me. He couldn't even cheat at a game of checkers."

This shocked me more than I cared to admit. "Then what do you need him to be investigated for?"

"Well, I would like you to investigate his company, the Atlas corporation. You will be well-compensated beyond your normal rate. This job will require all of your time and I'll accept nothing less." Her eyes hadn’t lost that steely edge I’d seen when she’d walked in.

I could play this game. Beautiful or not, I wasn’t just going to let her walk all over me. If she wanted to play tough, I would too. "Sure thing, but it is going to be triple my rate—plus expenses—since I won’t be able to work any other jobs." Her face lost its confidence, but only for a second before she regained her composure. It was one second too long, though; she had shown weakness and the advantage was mine.

"That's absurd. Why would I pay these ridiculous rates?” She sat back and crossed her arms. “Normal rates plus expenses and a bonus at the end."

She was pretty much right, any other private dick would have jumped at this job, but there was something that didn’t sit right with me about all this. "Two and a half plus expenses; bonus on a completed job. Final offer, because I will get the job done and…” I leaned forward, staring her straight in the face. “...you seem pretty damn desperate." It was mostly a shot in the dark. Worst case, I got stuck with time and a half plus expenses.

"Double time plus expenses; bonus on a completed job. That is the best I will do."

I studied her face. Her expression gave nothing away this time, and her voice lost that seductive melody. She was dead serious. I ignored that warning in the back of my mind; this was more than I’d expected to get, anyway. "Done, then. I'll have Ethel draw up the contract, and I'll start. Stay here for a moment.” I quickly wrote down what was needed and walked out to hand Ethel the information for the contract before returning to my chair.”What else is there to this job? What am I supposed to be looking for?"

"I'm worried that my husband's executive staff may be trying to push him out. They already know my people, so I'm going to get you in as a bodyguard for my husband—that will be a cover for you, to give you enough proximity to him to find anything out. I should go ahead and warn you this job may last for a bit, just stick close to him. Report anything you find to me immediately.” She handed me a card.

I simply placed it on the desk, then took out my wallet and handed her mine. The job itself seemed simple enough, but there was still that lingering feeling that didn’t sit right with me. If the money wasn’t as good as it was, she could shove this job up her ass. “Sure thing. Who will I report to in the morning?”

“My husband, Rhys Morgan.” Her voice was matter-of-fact.

“Is he aware of this investigation?”

“No, he won’t be. This job is on my business accounts; only one other person and I know about it. If you find yourself in trouble or are unable to contact me, her number is also on that card. I will warn you, she is a bit intimidating to most people.”

That was an odd thing to add, but the uncomfortable feeling was slowly fading. I could only hope it was a good sign, or I was beginning to get better at ignoring my instincts. I could only pray it was the former. “I don’t mean to tell you your business, but who is she and can she be trusted?”

“Her name is Athena, she is my...personal assistant.” There was a slight pause in her voice as she said this. “She is quite trustworthy and she’s been with me for a long time.”

I didn’t press the issue, even though I had a sneaking suspicion that this “Athena” was more of a bodyguard than a personal assistant. “Fine then, you're the boss once the contract is signed. Ethel should be done with it by now. Please sign it before you leave. Unless there is anything else, we should be done.” I looked at the clock. It was too late to try and knock out one of the quicker jobs; I would have to outsource them. The other one...I would need to call back and decline. I sat for a moment before I realized she was still there. She had that lovely smile back on her face and her eyes were a bit softer, but still had that firmness to them.

“Mason, all that is left is my thanks. I appreciate your time.” Her voice seemed relaxed for the first time since she had arrived.

“You’re quite welcome, Mrs. Morgan. I promise you, if there is anything going on, I’ll find out. You don’t need to worry about a thing.” I sat back in my desk, looking at her business card as she left the office. Morgan Security Firm. I shook my head, laughing quietly. That woman was the polar opposite of everything I’d expected her to be, and I knew that it would give me hell, trying to figure her out.

The next morning, I woke up, showered, shaved, fixed my hair, and put on my best black suit and hat. For once, I looked like a professional instead of a strongarm thug—it was a nice change. After a quick breakfast of ham, eggs, and coffee, I headed out, picking up the paper on the way. I flagged down the first cab that passed. The driver didn’t speak to me on the way to the Atlas headquarters, so I skimmed through the paper looking for any insight into this Rhys. Disappointingly, I found nothing but a few fluff pieces about the new housing development. Would’ve figured a guy that high up would have some dirt under his nails. He couldn’t have been the image of hope the reporters made him out to be—the world doesn’t work like that. I flipped the cab driver some cash as he pulled up to the main entrance. The building was impressive; covered in windows and adorned with marble pillars.

I walked in to find a pretty young woman sitting at a desk chatting with some suit. One look at me and he ran off. “Hello, my name is Mason Phillips. I was supposed to report to Mr. Morgan. Did he leave word here for you?”

“No, sir, he didn’t—but that isn’t uncommon. Mr. Morgan has an open-door policy for all Atlas employees. No matter how busy he is, he’ll take time to work out any problems that may arise. I’ll call him and find out what he wants you to do.” She pushed a few buttons on the phone. “Mr. Morgan, there is a Mr. Phillips here to see you about starting his job? ...Yes, sir, I’ll tell him.” She hung up the phone and gave me a smile. ”He is on his way down right now and told me to have you wait here for him.”

She started writing something down, so I walked over to lean on a nearby pillar. I didn’t wait long, as a tall thin man in a very expensive suit walked up to the desk less than ten minutes later. He looked incompetent, but kind—Morgan must not have been able to come get me himself and sent an assistant. He talked to the girl at the desk for a moment, rubbing his hand through his brown hair. I simply watched him, not really listening to him, but if I didn’t know any better I would have sworn he was apologizing. The girl at the desk smiled and laughed at him, then pointed over to me. He turned to face me with a big grin.

“Mr. Phillips, I’m Rhys,” he began, walking toward me. “My wife told me she hired you to protect me. To be honest, I think she worries a bit too much, but I just can’t say no to her.”

I took his hand when he offered it. “Mr. Morgan, I’m gl—”

“No, please call me Rhys, no need to be so formal. We’re going to have to be together for a while, so better to be friends rather than boss and employee, no?” He still had that stupid grin on his face. I wanted to punch it off.

“Okay, Rhys whatever you want. Where do we start?”

“I figure I could start with breakfast. My treat, of course. Follow me.” Without waiting for an answer, he turned and walked away.

I had no other choice but to follow him. This moron was going to be my only company for God knew how long...but at least he was buying. That counted for something.

[END OF CHAPTER 1]

• its hard to choose. at first I wanted him to be with Fiona, but he go through a lot more with Sasha. I know it was a little 'forced' but anyway. I played it two times, to ship both ;)

• enter image description here

“Oh, don’t you dare look back.

Just keep your eyes on me

I said, “You’re holding back, ”

She said, “Shut up and dance with me!” ”

• AND IT'S 2 AM GOD DAMNIT U TWO I'M WORKING TOMORROW

Amaltheren posted: »

“Oh, don’t you dare look back. Just keep your eyes on me I said, “You’re holding back, ” She said, “Shut up and dance with me!” ”

• intense fangirl screaming

sounds of glass breaking

more screaming, along with my best friend, who is also a Rhyiona shipper and a jacksepticeye fan

RickSanchez posted: »

So I was scrolling through the comments on Jack's latest TFTBL video and he got asked by someone if he's going to try and ship Rhyiona and he said he IS going to try to do it. SQUEE I'm sorry I ever doubted you Jack. ;-;

• Dude. I never noticed your name.

I thought I was the only "Hello" here. XD

HelloMyLord posted: »

I love this model-swap thing hızlı resim yükle

• It's.

Perfection.

“Oh, don’t you dare look back. Just keep your eyes on me I said, “You’re holding back, ” She said, “Shut up and dance with me!” ”

• That turned out really nice. I am jealous of your digital coloring skills :)

• ErykaEryka Banned
    edited January 2016

Holy fucking shit.

This is the most beautiful Rhyiona fanart I've seen

• I enjoyed it much, and cool, Rhys is here too already!

Nice, just so nice. And hooking!

Kennybadger posted: »

Ok people I been teasing it for awhile now, but here it is Tears of the Fallen Chapter 1, but first need to give two shouts outs to two amaz

• Well if you like it, my muse, couldn't give a damn, if anyone else does.

^_^ should get me though work with a huge smile.

Mawula posted: »

I enjoyed it much, and cool, Rhys is here too already! Nice, just so nice. And hooking!

• FINALLY A RHYIONA FANART THAT ISN'T ABOUT RHYS SEDUCING THE SHIT OUT OF FIONA!

• the best accident ever right?

Man, I love this franchise and this pairing to death, but you know what's funny? I got put off this game for several months because of this

• This is beyond perfecttttt

• This is freaking awesome Kenny!!!!

Kennybadger posted: »

Ok people I been teasing it for awhile now, but here it is Tears of the Fallen Chapter 1, but first need to give two shouts outs to two amaz

• colouring +1

• OH WOW THANK YOU ALL, it's wonderful to come back home after a long workday and find such kind and positive comments, that's a lot more than I expected ! I didn't regret at all my short night to finish them ! :D

Thank you very very very very much T3T

Poogers, Eryka, Theunseentenn, you make me blush so hard.

Linnet > I worked as colorist for french comic book industry and I'm still co-colorist on my current SF webcomic, so thanks a lot, it's rare now for me to have time to colors one of my sketch (and it's already rare for me to draw at all. Before this fanarts I didn't touch a pen since 8 months @_@), so I'm very touched when someone like a colored piece of mine, I like so much to search and paint colorful ambiance !

Zapthroat > SO GLAD YOU WRITE THAT. In my personnal headcanon I imagine Rhys deeply attached to Fiona but he don't like to show it, and he's careful about his feelings. (He's not an idiot, Fiona is a wild cat.) But when he want to show it, I well imagine joyful and decomplexed scene for them, just happy to be together. (Because, yeah, I love rivalmance and sexual tension, but I also like "happy partner-in-crime" couple relationship)

• Hey, how's everyone?

• edited January 2016

FINALLY SOMEONE SAID IT!

ZapThroat posted: »

FINALLY A RHYIONA FANART THAT ISN'T ABOUT RHYS SEDUCING THE SHIT OUT OF FIONA!

• enter image description here

I'm bored; and stuck on swing music. so.. idk..

enter link description here

• this makes me really happy!!! they're contagious!

• AHH I LOVE IT!

I'm bored; and stuck on swing music. so.. idk.. enter link description here

• I need a Rhys and Fiona Fallout 4 mod in my life ! Fantastic <3

I'm bored; and stuck on swing music. so.. idk.. enter link description here

• Thank U <3 You're Fallout version is cool too !

this makes me really happy!!! they're contagious!

• Good

MasterStone posted: »

Hey, how's everyone?

• A work in progress Fiona drawing I made,hope you enjoy it <3

enter image description here

• Thanks teen, I missed ya darling, been to long. Just wait until Ch 2

This is freaking awesome Kenny!!!!

• Unfortunately I haven't had much time to check in here recently but damn I'm glad I did today to witness this beauty, well done! ^^

• Ok, I did it, I made an Ao3 account, user name Kennybadger. I'll be redoing my Christmas Fic, along with Rhyiona noire. They will be posted reposted there, after I touch them up a bit,

• edited January 2016

I have finally found you guys, I have finally found more of my kin! FINALLY! :'D

As a side note, it appears on my side my awesome Rhys and Fiona profile pic isn't appearing. Cri.

• YES.

the best accident ever right?

• Only been here for a few hours, and I already got something for ya guys, forgive me if this is crappy, it's nearly 3 AM and I'm tired. Also tell me how well I did with character of the characters.

This was it, the end of our journey. What we fought, bled and cried for laying right before us, things beyond imagination awaiting within.

I stole a glance at Rhys, who was staring intently at the chest before us. His brown eye filled with so much emotion, still a bit red and puffy from crying. We had agreed on opening the chest together, but neither of us moved. It was like there was some force stopping us, trying to get us to speak what was left unsaid between us.

Rhys finally broke out of his trance that the chest held him in and looked at me for a moment, then flicked back to the box. After a second, his gaze returned to me, realising I was staring at him.

"Ahem," he cleared his throat, snapping me out of my trance. My face slightly turned pink, as I noticed I had been staring at him for a long time.

"Yes?" I asked, my voice betraying me and making my normally strong voice barely a whisper. Rhys' eye and expression was tided over with concern which took a while to fade.

"I-I just wanted to apologise for..." He paused, noticing his tone was laced with fear and shaking, I gave him a patient smirk, waiting for him to continue. He sighed, "Look, I'm sorry for not telling you about Jack. I was just scared and confused, I didn't know what to do." He said, his tone strong, but fear still laced through it.

"I understand, and forgive you." I replied, throwing away all sarcasm and snark.

A silence fell between us, a silence that was pregnant with unsaid words that were raging in both our minds. Rhys finally broke the silence, "I... uh, thanks... I was expecting you to start screaming at me." he said with a nervous chuckle.

I turned to face him, and gave him a questioning tilt of my head. "Since when have I ever screamed at you, Atlas?" I teased, humour flying back into my voice.

"Hmm, let's see... Well, there was that time when those Rakks were dive bombing us." Rhys said, playful humour entering his tone.

"That was your fault, you were yelling at me and attracted the Rakks." I noted, " 'Fiona, stop kicking dust and rocks at me!' " I said, impersonating Rhys, who laughed in reply.

Then the silence was back with a vengeance, this time something else was laying in it. Rhys and I just stared at each other silently, attending our own thoughts.

"Ah, to hell with this." I heard Rhys mutter, and within seconds before I could even form a sentence in my mind, I felt Rhys' lips against mine. I froze in shock for a few seconds, my mind in turmoil. It only took a second before I decided to return it...

I have finally found you guys, I have finally found more of my kin! FINALLY! :'D As a side note, it appears on my side my awesome Rhys and Fiona profile pic isn't appearing. Cri.

• edited January 2016

So,here it is.First legit drawing from me for years,feel free to criticize it ^_^

enter image description here

• that some legit w33d. can you get som? 4 me nah just kidding great drawing skill bruh.

ZapThroat posted: »

So,here it is.First legit drawing from me for years,feel free to criticize it ^_^

• meh im fine i guess yea its been far too long bro

Hey brotha! I'm great! Sorry for being gone so long, but I'm back now! How are you?

• edited January 2016

oh ok. when i bought the game I dont even know anything about story so first thing I do is killed everyone and when somebody attacking you a exclamation pops up? a letter pop up "but no body came" I admit i pissed little bit and a soundtrack playing on backround that not even on the undertale ost. hell I dont even know why I telling you this :D btw I did find the "full" genocide route on my own without a guide or anything I'am a monster :( :( Plez halp me.

• I got another fanfic for you all~~~!

Everything is so blurry, distorted. Each sound is like a thunderclap that is thousand times more louder. The agony of pain rushing through my senses, the source of it; the back of my head.

I let out a weak pained groan, I slowly sat up. The blur of colours sending merciless waves of dizziness into my senses, I felt myself wobbling to the side. Darkness crept at the corner of my vision, I weakly mumbled something before falling and blacking out...

"Rhys..." A sing-song voice calls out, it was like a symphony of angels singing, it warmed my very soul and made me feel strangely happy. The voice sang out again, it sounded closer, a wave of bliss crawling up my spine from that angelic voice.

The voice kept echoing out, getting closer an-

THWACK!

"God dammit Rhys! Snap out of it!" I hear a voice echo urgently, annoyance laced through the tone. I suddenly felt the euphoric bliss wash away within moments, replaced by a stinging pain on my face. I let out a weak sound, which was between a sigh and a groan. I felt my head was turned, and something was holding it in place.

I found that my eyes were shut, I fluttered them open and right away met beautiful, strong and clear green eyes. The green eyes were ablaze with annoyance, pain and embarrassment. It took a few seconds to realise who's eyes that I was staring into. My face was drained of all colour, and fear flew onto my expression.

"Rhys," Fiona said calmly, there being a hint of annoyance. "Could you please get off of me?" she asked with the politest tone I had ever heard her use. And at this moment, I realised that she was pissed off. And I also noticed, I was lying on top of her and my head was resting on her neck.

Out of fear of being hit, I basically jumped up with a strangled squeak of embarrassment. But due to being in an awkward position, my head ended up colliding with Fiona's chin.

"Ow! Dammit Rhys! Be fucking careful!" Fiona snapped, slapping my side as retaliation. I quickly apologised and tried to get up again, but at the exact same moment Fiona moved one of her legs and I ended up slipping over and falling back onto Fiona again. This time my forehead collided with her lips, and the poor con-woman let out a yelp of pain.

"That was your fault." I said with a huff, as Fiona glared daggers at me. I could basically see her forming a retort.

"Well, maybe if you weren't as graceful and weighed as much as a Rakk Hive, we would be out of this awkward situation!" She retorted, slapping my side again, but a lot more harder this time, and I yelped in pain. "Now hurry up and get off of me!" She added sharply.

I nodded in reply and tried to get up again, then suddenly I noticed a grin on Fiona's face and within seconds I felt my back hit the floor.

"Ow! What the hell!?!" I shouted, staring up at Fiona who was sitting half on my stomach and chest with a triumphant smile.

"Told you I would win, Hyperion." She said cheekily, then I suddenly realised: While Sasha and Athena were training together yesterday, Fiona attempted to teach me basic unarmed combat. I ended up using my size and weight advantage to pin her to the ground.

"Seriously? That is what this was about?" I asked with pure disbelief, the con-woman's grin just grew larger.

"Yep." She replied, and I just sighed.

This was gonna be a long day...

If y'all want a sequel to this, or want me to write something you want to see, just ask, I'll be happy to oblige! :D

• Sorry that I haven't really been active -- I've been super, super super busy lately.

I'd like to get back into writing though so if you guys have any prompts that can make for a short story I'd love to try my hand at it again. ;-;

• Welcome to glory. B)

I have finally found you guys, I have finally found more of my kin! FINALLY! :'D As a side note, it appears on my side my awesome Rhys and Fiona profile pic isn't appearing. Cri.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.