The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Whatever. I'm still going in!

enter image description here

lottii-lu posted: »

Zap, you're grounded.

• Go to you're room and think about what you've said.

ZapThroat posted: »

Whatever. I'm still going in!

• edited February 2016

I did, and I still stand by my statement! Now I'll ask you kindly

enter link description here

Go to you're room and think about what you've said.

• zaPPY YOU'RE GROUNDED FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE

ZapThroat posted: »

I did, and I still stand by my statement! Now I'll ask you kindly enter link description here

• Put me in the ground mom

zaPPY YOU'RE GROUNDED FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE

• Wft is happing today?

Put me in the ground mom

• edited February 2016

What so..how were they SJWs?

Also does SJW just apply to progressive people or just anyone trying to get their viewpoint listened to e.g. fundamentalist christians? Don't really understand the definitions, seems like it's a wishy washy word just used as a generic insult.

She shared her abuse story and how Monty's work helped her through it, and people called her an attention whore who was using abuse and Mont

• Similarly, uk's cartoon network erased a scene in steven universe because it had two women dancing together.

It's just conservatives thinking seeing non straight couples indoctrinates kids or something, it's a viewpoint that's dying out at any rate. If only it were faster.

joshua007 posted: »

So I was looking up a censorship in kids shows and pilots and Code Lyoko his a few interesting ones so I saw the pilot that was cool to see

• Because "Social Justice Warriors" are what these people call themselves. People in the SU fandom acted the same way and called themselves that.

Flog61 posted: »

What so..how were they SJWs? Also does SJW just apply to progressive people or just anyone trying to get their viewpoint listened to e.g.

• I highly recommend them. I loved Awakening.

I never played the fire emblem series should I give it a shot?

• Sounds a lot like me but without a fiancee or a puppy

• You know who's a great person? Audrey Hepburn.

God damn, I mean, learning about this woman's lifestyle and everything is just so heart warming. She screams positivity man, and it all feels genuine. :')

I wish more people could be like her. :(

• edited February 2016

• Hm, most times I've seen SJW used its as an insult, not recognising their wishes.

Because "Social Justice Warriors" are what these people call themselves. People in the SU fandom acted the same way and called themselves that.

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited February 2016

It used to mean: someone who takes identity politics to their most vulgar extremes.

Now it's a snarl word for "person with certain left-of-center beliefs (I.e. Feminism, multiculturalism) that I dislike". You get bonus points if the word 'cuck' is used in the same sentence,

Hm, most times I've seen SJW used its as an insult, not recognising their wishes.

• I use it as what they called themselves when they bullied a poor girl to suicide 6 months ago, and these idiots acted just like it with this girl.

Hm, most times I've seen SJW used its as an insult, not recognising their wishes.

• Sounds more like a troll than an SJW. A real SJW probably wouldn't call themselves an SJW.

I use it as what they called themselves when they bullied a poor girl to suicide 6 months ago, and these idiots acted just like it with this girl.

• I'm only familiar with Monty through Roosterteeth, so I don't know much about him. But he always seemed really passionate at what he did, and I think he'dd be glad that his work made someone's life better. Shame on the assholes using his death to justify being dickheads/

She shared her abuse story and how Monty's work helped her through it, and people called her an attention whore who was using abuse and Mont

• edited February 2016

Me playing ME. ^

I'm embarrassed to admit but I've been doing nothing but playing the Mass Effect trilogy. I'm like half way on ME2 now. It's just so damn fun and new and I haven't had much new games as of late, add that to the fact that if it's RPG I play much longer. I have dah Mass Effect syndrome. @_@

ME1 was really fun for the most part, and I loved the story behind it and the entire universe it's built on. I ended up romancing with Liara. Garrus is great and one of my favourites (seeing him back in ME2 made me happy, but also scared as hell in one part of his introduction mission). Wrex too, I made sure he lived. Except Ashley... buh bye (I like her but I also hate her). I loved the cast as a whole though. Saren was really awesome as a villain and how the last scenes played out with him were surprising and awesome. Although I was bummed out Benezia (the talk with her was rather awkward on Noveria) had such a short role in the game, I thought she'd stay longer. I did a mix of mostly Paragon, little of Renegade. However, Shepard's personality was rather dull though (glad they stepped it up on ME2). I loved the space travel but some planets felt recycled when you ride on the Mako (I'm also glad on ME2 we get a better diversity in system shapes and planet designs). Sadly much of the time I kept getting sound cuts/loops on the Mako or other sounds, game skips a frame every few moments (the Benezia fight's cutscenes lagged badly, and it's on PS3 <.<), and sometimes it would freeze even during auto saving (I had to do manual save for most of the game).

As of right now on ME2, I'm really enjoying it. It's a big step up on the gameplay, it doesn't lag anymore so I can keep auto save on. There's better dialogues and I'm enjoying the side aventures too (I've always enjoyed them). My only gripe is that the main plot tends to diverge away from your attention as you spend most of your time building your team and doing loyalty missions. (On a side note: I can see the inspiration Saints Row got from this game, as well as some components in Alpha Protocol, playing ME2 made me notice these similarity.)

EDIT: Oh god I can't take it anymore, I must play MOAR! I'M OUTTA HERE!

• edited February 2016

Glad you enjoy it that much :)

Yeah Mass Effect 2 went kina away from the plot when you started building up your team. But gets back later

But don't get your hopes up for the final battle in ME3 you will understand what I say when you play ME3 BTW get the free Extended Cut DLC if you play ME3 next you will thank me for that

Me playing ME. ^ I'm embarrassed to admit but I've been doing nothing but playing the Mass Effect trilogy. I'm like half way on ME2 now.

• I just rewatched Donnie Darko . God, I forgot how great the movie was.

• edited February 2016

I'm watching TWD season 1 on Netflix right now. It's good i'm watching EP1 but I know what will happen later anyway... Doesn't stop me from enjoying it, I saw season 3, 4 and the first half of season 5 on youtube because I was behind and the other half on TV.

EDIT: Is season 6 good?

Aaaah I love kittens You have a great mom for taking that kitten in your home

• edited February 2016

"Cuck"......Ugh.

BigBlindMax posted: »

It used to mean: someone who takes identity politics to their most vulgar extremes. Now it's a snarl word for "person with certain left-o

• I reading on a site I always go to about a transgender fighter in UFC born a male got a sex change as an adult and now can fight women. I also read her last fights she didn't just beat but hospitalized the women she beat.

During Fox's fight against Tamikka Brents, Brents suffered a concussion, an orbital bone fracture, and seven staples to the head. After her loss, Brents took to social media to fuel the controversy surrounding Fox's perceived advantage: "I've fought a lot of women and have never felt the strength that I felt in a fight as I did that night. I can’t answer whether it’s because she was born a man or not because I’m not a doctor. I can only say, I’ve never felt so overpowered ever in my life and I am an abnormally strong female in my own right,” she stated. "Her grip was different, I could usually move around in the clinch against other females but couldn’t move at all in Fox’s clinch

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallon_Fox

UFC president Dana White stated that "bone structure is different, hands are bigger, jaw is bigger, everything is bigger. I don’t believe in it. I don’t think someone who used to be a man and became a woman should be able to fight a woman.

time for a delicate question

Should transgender be allowed compete with professional athletes within the sex they changed to?

I believe should only compete within the sex you were born as if you were a guy you have natural advantages through bone density and muscle mass when you grown up as a guy. Fox has not just beaten but hospitalized a lot of women in UFC.

http://thefederalist.com/2016/01/27/allowing-transgender-olympians-is-unfair-to-women/

Anyway what is your opinion?

• edited February 2016

Another thing I found interesting

Kinda funny

On youtube posting even a picture of something gets you a copyright strike by wealthy companies

http://fortune.com/2016/02/18/apple-ceo-tim-cook-fbi-iphone-security/

Yet government can have all your personal information without your permission anytime with no legal repercussions your wealth always decides what laws you don't need to follow

Tim Cook my hero stood up against it when many didn't, the FBI hiding behind the shootings to have all the personal data of users.

• It's a difficult subject, especially the transition of transgenders into sports. I think the transition of transgender sports should wait till we progress into other advances and understand everything a little better.

Markd4547 posted: »

I reading on a site I always go to about a transgender fighter in UFC born a male got a sex change as an adult and now can fight women. I al

• edited February 2016

God bless you blind sniper

• Fair point and thanks for being brave enough to answer :)

It's a difficult subject, especially the transition of transgenders into sports. I think the transition of transgender sports should wait till we progress into other advances and understand everything a little better.

• edited February 2016

God save us if one of those two become president.

• I dunno, i really like the idea of carpet bombing terrorists.

• Bless the based Sniper.

Duck_Hunt posted: »

• That would guarantee gross civilian losses.And if we used atomic bombs, as implied, it would fuck up so many innocent lives.

papai46 posted: »

I dunno, i really like the idea of carpet bombing terrorists.

• edited February 2016

Blind is my hero <3

• edited February 2016

Tbh, the whole "carpet bombing them into oblivion and I don't know if sand can glow but we're gonna find out" should really be a line in some movie lol

• Everything about carpet bombing is bad. It displays total contempt for civilian lives.

papai46 posted: »

I dunno, i really like the idea of carpet bombing terrorists.

• D'aww, you guys <3

Blind is my hero

• Oh... my... god...

#Blind4President2k16

• edited February 2016

I managed to pre order the Michonne mini series, now I don't have to wait months after the game comes out to buy it.

• Great! Are you a comic reader?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.