The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited March 2016

(Rant) How are you going to treat me like crap my whole entire life and ask for money later? I don't even have a job! What am I going to give you? Lint? My $1.88 Brisk Lemon Iced Tea that my mom paid for? The back of my hand? I'll give ya that.

• I don't have school Friday , so tomorrow evening is going to be spent organizing my room in preparation for my acquisition of a new laptop battery in April. (My desk is cluttered.)

• Why don't they stick to something closer to an iPod instead of that weird, gimmicky oval shaped screen? Like, I get the idea they are going for, but the Oval shaped screen is just extremely tacky.

I think it would be better if Nintendo focused on making cheaper, less powerful touch screen controllers instead of one super powerful tablet controller like the WiiU had so that it could be more applicable. Think how cool it would be to play local multiplayer card games like Poker where everyone had their own iPod sized controller on top of being able to use the TV for the game as well, for example.

MichaelBP posted: »

Well... not sure how to feel if this actually is the NX's controller.

• That's...pretty awful sounding. I'll stick with my standard bourbon and club soda.

Johro posted: »

Orange Crush and rum is a terrible terrible combination. Just me looking out for you kids.

• I believe Nintendo started purchasing these free-form lcd displays from Sharp like a year, some time before the NX was announced. The patent for the controller shows multiple shapes that it could have, I think. This particular might be fake, but it might still be somewhat close to what we'll get. I've seen people talking about how the environment the pics were taken in looks more like it's in someone's home rather than an office, considering how dirty the desk looks, and the Samsung TV and gamepad are just laying around.

I'm not sure I'd call the gamepad super powerful, considering it lacks a cpu, gpu, etc, but it still must've been expensive to make if they never sold it seperatly. Then again, the Wii U might not have been powerful enough to stream to 2 gamepads. That could work, but I'd say it all still hinges on how capable the console will actually be.

Why don't they stick to something closer to an iPod instead of that weird, gimmicky oval shaped screen? Like, I get the idea they are going

• A movie that I want to see.

Just finished American Beauty. It was amazing, a true masterpiece. WubsTheFadger Rating: 9.2

• so i just saw the force awakens... for the first time ever.

it was.... AMAZING!!! OMG YES!! PROBABLY THE BEST star wars movie imo. well one of the best, idk would have to rewatch them all. idk about the prequel ones... i dont hate them but i dont want too lol.

damn star wars was awesome!

• I subscribe to the thought of "you should never meet your heroes". It really confuses people. "You wouldn't want to hang out with them at all?" Nope. In fact, they probably wouldn't like me. I'm okay with that. I've met many other famous people and some of them were pretty nice folks, but it's easy when you don't have them on a pedestal in your mind.

• I'll probably just post a picture of what it looks like.

I'm really anxious about showing my face, because I'm going through a crisis.

WarpSpeed posted: »

Going to post to the selfie thread to show us the result when it's done? I've always liked platinum blonde.

• Today, I just found out that a priest who was kidnapped by ISIS is going to be crucified tomorrow on Good Friday. What on earth is the world coming to? This is just horrible. First the beheadings then the attack on Paris, the the attack on Belgium and the other terrorist attacks that has been happening.

• Wait, seriously? Any sources.

Today, I just found out that a priest who was kidnapped by ISIS is going to be crucified tomorrow on Good Friday. What on earth is the world

• That's disgusting, it's not the first time that they have kidnapped Christians for the sake of killing them, they've done it countless times before.

Here's to hope that that's not true.

enter link description here

• We live in a society of spectacle. Daesh knows this. With the help of the Internet, they have turned the act of murder into a bloody spectacle, knowing that millions will bear witness to their atrocities. It's a chillingly effective form of propaganda.

Today, I just found out that a priest who was kidnapped by ISIS is going to be crucified tomorrow on Good Friday. What on earth is the world

• ...and, in turn, the scapegoating of general groups of people only furthers their propaganda by entrenching others caught in the crossfire in the "Us vs Them" mindset, which is unfortunate all around. :/

BigBlindMax posted: »

We live in a society of spectacle. Daesh knows this. With the help of the Internet, they have turned the act of murder into a bloody spect

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited March 2016

Too right. Daesh would like nothing more than to see life for western Muslims to become intolerable. Their modus operandi is to provoke discord and they're doing a good job of it. It's chilling to see otherwise sane people call for what basically amounts to pogrons.

...and, in turn, the scapegoating of general groups of people only furthers their propaganda by entrenching others caught in the crossfire in the "Us vs Them" mindset, which is unfortunate all around.

• Just finished watching HBO series John Adams. For all those history geeks out there this is the show for you.

WubsTheFadger Rating: 8.0

enter image description here

• I wish the Starkiller base hadn't been destroyed, and that Phasma would have done more. (Though i think she'll be back for VIII).Other than that i really liked it too.

jamex1223 posted: »

so i just saw the force awakens... for the first time ever. it was.... AMAZING!!! OMG YES!! PROBABLY THE BEST star wars movie imo. well o

• And the "leaker" confirmed that it was a fake. Oh well. And now there's this guy on Reddit claiming to be a dev, and he made rough sketch of the controller they have (the controller is wired into the dev kit, which is just a big black box).

Well, let's see how this all turns out. Controllers for dev kits aren't always a representation of what we'll actuallly get. This is the gamepad of an old Wii U dev kit.

Why don't they stick to something closer to an iPod instead of that weird, gimmicky oval shaped screen? Like, I get the idea they are going

• Nah not really, I've had chicken heart dipped in salsa.

BigBlindMax posted: »

That's...pretty awful sounding. I'll stick with my standard bourbon and club soda.

• OK, take a pic from the back, then. :)

Those of us who aren't teenagers have been teenagers and know all about facial crises.

I'll probably just post a picture of what it looks like. I'm really anxious about showing my face, because I'm going through a crisis.

• yeah, i definitively saw the similarities from this and new hope, but i dont care its still amazing. and yeah i mean from the moment i saw the starkiller and its weakness i was like "really? like really? same old shit?? alright lol"

and yea phasma looked awesome. i do think its gonna be like Bobba Fett but she'll probably be more of a presence.

• i know what to do

• I really needed to see this today, thanks.

i know what to do

• I spent 4 hours writing an Aliens joke about Bishop, and when I showed my friends they didn't get it. am sad.

• Hell yea! Most faithful one I've seen. :)

Just watched Sin City and I have to say that it is the best comic book to movie adaptations ever: WubsTheFadger Rating: 8.3

• I'd consider watching Fargo if you're interested.

Just finished watching HBO series John Adams. For all those history geeks out there this is the show for you. WubsTheFadger Rating: 8.0

• This is the kind of shit that makes me dry heave at the mention of 4chan.

No_username posted: »

http://boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/68253199 Jesus fucking Christ.

• They can hype up Suicide Squad all they want but the movie still looks like shit with characters whom look like shit and act like shit. I'm so glad I wrote off super hero movies long ago. I grew up on comics and these movies would break my heart if I still cared.

• edited March 2016

Just finished The Elephant Man and it was stunning. The movie is in black and white, the actors do a great job at portraying their characters, and the way the movie is paced gives it a high score.

WubsTheFadger Rating: 9.2

• edited March 2016

Last night I also finished The Departed which is now on my top ten list of movies. With a fantastic cast, good humor, and a great story, The Departed should be experienced by everyone.

WubsTheFadger Rating: 9.8

• I'm so sorry for you and you're family. You are in my thoughts.

My family just went through a crisis. One of my family members lost her daddy and then not too later, her son (my cousin) was playing with a

• Thanks.

WarpSpeed posted: »

Sorry to hear. My condolences to your aunt.

I'm so sorry for you and you're family. You are in my thoughts.

• New trailer released for The Walking Dead, Negan's in it.

enter link description here

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited March 2016

So you got to let me know should I view or should I go?

I really want to look, but I'm not sure if I can spoil myself. I rarely am like this, but if Negan is in it...

New trailer released for The Walking Dead, Negan's in it. enter link description here

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I looked and it made me extremely hyped for the episode, Negan appears briefly at the end with his special friend so if you want any Negan related scenes as a surprise i wouldn't recommend watching.

So you got to let me know should I view or should I go? I really want to look, but I'm not sure if I can spoil myself. I rarely am like this, but if Negan is in it...

• Well, right now I'm in a car going to Philadelphia, so when I get home past 1 AM my time I'll watch it in the highest quality.

Just reading your comment is getting me hyped. The train is getting ready to leave the station.

OzzyUK posted: »

I looked and it made me extremely hyped for the episode, Negan appears briefly at the end with his special friend so if you want any Negan related scenes as a surprise i wouldn't recommend watching.

• edited March 2016

Dutch subtitels LOL Dutch is my language

New trailer released for The Walking Dead, Negan's in it. enter link description here

• It doesn't spoil anything, Negan appears briefly but we don't even see his face.

So you got to let me know should I view or should I go? I really want to look, but I'm not sure if I can spoil myself. I rarely am like this, but if Negan is in it...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.