The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Wow, how sad. How tragic. Suicide is truly the saddest thing. There's nothing comforting to say really, and that's fine. It isn't supposed to be okay. May he rest in peace.

One of my schoolmates killed himself. After texting multiple trusted sources (aka my best friends), they did confirm his death. My bes

• The answer to this is the hypocrisy of the world, the following quote describes it well

enter image description here

What is wrong with our world? Why is it so easy to hate but so difficult to love? I have just looked up about the recent airstrikes and it w

• So, just went to Telltale's main page. RIP Jory Prum.

• edited April 2016

So, I left my laptop to copy some files to my External HDD as I needed to eat lunch.

Only to return and find out that my laptop was updating from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.

• Whoops. They started a few weeks ago auto-scheduling the update. When it popped up, you had to find the button to opt out. Just closing the window leaves it scheduled. That's probably what happened. I've been opting out every few days on my gaming PC(for the lack of many of my games supporting 10 yet). It's a pain in the ass.

So, I left my laptop to copy some files to my External HDD as I needed to eat lunch. Only to return and find out that my laptop was updating from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.

• I left my laptop for like a day and when I went to open it... Nothing was on the laptop and it had changed from Windows 10 to 8.1

So, I left my laptop to copy some files to my External HDD as I needed to eat lunch. Only to return and find out that my laptop was updating from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.

• In Soviet Russia, Windows updates you!

I left my laptop for like a day and when I went to open it... Nothing was on the laptop and it had changed from Windows 10 to 8.1

• I've been closing the pop-up window, yeah.

I probably won't downgrade.

Johro posted: »

Whoops. They started a few weeks ago auto-scheduling the update. When it popped up, you had to find the button to opt out. Just closing t

• I don't know what's less surprising; the fact that these airstrikes happened, or that there's been little to no media coverage of said airstrikes.

ZapThroat posted: »

Probably no one of you heard about this in the news, but.. has anyone heard about the recent air strikes in Aleppo, Syria? I'd have shared p

• Wait, it downgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 8.1?

I left my laptop for like a day and when I went to open it... Nothing was on the laptop and it had changed from Windows 10 to 8.1

• Yeah

Wait, it downgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 8.1?

• Weird thing I've started noticing; a lot of TV ads I've noticed in the background have songs I recognize from Fallout in them. I guess I just notice particular songs more after you hear them somewhere, but I've been hearing them a lot.

• the ones ive seen have had songs from borderlands in them

Weird thing I've started noticing; a lot of TV ads I've noticed in the background have songs I recognize from Fallout in them. I guess I just notice particular songs more after you hear them somewhere, but I've been hearing them a lot.

• I'm late to the party but... Welcome back!

I am finally back!

• Jesus...

One of my schoolmates killed himself. After texting multiple trusted sources (aka my best friends), they did confirm his death. My bes

• I'm trying my best to create a 3D model after celebrities that I like.

Not doing so well.

• Practice makes perfect! Even if you don't do a good job now, you will learn how to use the tools and get a sense of intuition for designing future models. As long as you are interested in what you are doing, I'd say keep up with it anyways.

I'm trying my best to create a 3D model after celebrities that I like. Not doing so well.

• Green613 posted: »

What's with all the mindless shitposting on this forum lately? I mean there's always been mindless shitposting, just that recently it's seemed like there's way more.

• The important thing is you're listening to older music. Thumbs up.

Weird thing I've started noticing; a lot of TV ads I've noticed in the background have songs I recognize from Fallout in them. I guess I just notice particular songs more after you hear them somewhere, but I've been hearing them a lot.

• We have a new sticky thread for Rules of Thumb for having quality discussions. These aren't necessarily official Forum Guidelines, but still, we're asking that people follow these. We have one section for having civil/constructive arguments (Community Guide to Decency) and another shorter guide for Quality of Posting. We don't want this to be anything overbearing that dictates how people post, but basically, we want to give some tangible examples we can point to for the quality of posting that we hope for so the community is more fun and engaging to participate in.

Even though these aren't official Forum Guidelines, they basically go hand-in-hand with them and have a lot of similarities anyways.

https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/106102/rules-of-thumb-for-better-community-discussions-arguments-debates-and-general-quality-of-posting

• Perfect example of Melbourne weather; I just woke up at 3 in the morning to listen to one of the heaviest storms I've ever heard.

• Here are a couple of suggestions that might give you some practice.

One is to make a 3D model of yourself. You can look at yourself in the mirror in all 3D angles, so you can see yourself in different perspectives. You might wind up making a 3D mirror image of yourself, but that's OK.

The other is to pretend you're making a political cartoon. What political cartoonists do is identify the most unique features of a person and then really exaggerate them, such as Donald Trump's hair (not that it needs much exaggeration). The person you model doesn't have to be a politician, but pick out what really stands out about them and exaggerate.

I'm trying my best to create a 3D model after celebrities that I like. Not doing so well.

• edited April 2016

I see people exaggerating Barack Obama's teeth in political cartoons.

Not sure what his teeth has to do with anything, but apparently they're as huge as Madonna's tooth gap.

WarpSpeed posted: »

Here are a couple of suggestions that might give you some practice. One is to make a 3D model of yourself. You can look at yourself in t

• Newbeg28Newbeg28 Banned
    edited April 2016

So I wanted to see if you could become a ghoul in Fallout 4 so I looked on google and look at some of the suggestions they offered

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic" alt="enter image description here" />

Im not gunna lie I cracked up when I saw the first 2 suggestions! and the cherry on top was that it actually came up with a suggestion for fallout 4 among all the anti sematic stuff

• edited April 2016

This beat is pretty catchy xD

Moo

• "He who is tired of Weird Al, is tired of life"

Even Worse is such a great album. I do miss the hair, glasses and 'stache though.

• Yes. I especially noticed that with the Worksafe ads.

• Happy May Day, in both contexts!

• God help me.

As some of you know, I am currently trying to learn German. Recently, I decided to listen to different German dialects and I was surprised and shocked.

Let's just say that for some dialects (that's right Boarisch, I am looking at you), it is like trying to understand Little Jacob.

• Iya run yuh duns yuh nuh unduhstand Cherman dem!

Yeah, some of them are so weird they're considered actual unique languages, like Arabic. If a Tunisian and Moroccan tried to have a convo in their native dialects, neither would understand each other. Languages are crazy!

God help me. As some of you know, I am currently trying to learn German. Recently, I decided to listen to different German dialects and I

• Really? In German, you have a standardised dialect (High German) that exists so that people of different dialects can speak to each other fluently (e.g. a bavarian and a berliner). Does something like that exist in Arabic?

PS: "somthing something you something no understand German then!"

BigBlindMax posted: »

Iya run yuh duns yuh nuh unduhstand Cherman dem! Yeah, some of them are so weird they're considered actual unique languages, like Arabic.

• Does something like that exist in Arabic?

Yeah, it's called Formal Arabic (العربية الفصحى), it's only used like you said to communicate with people of other dialects and (as it's name suggests) in formal speech and writings (e.g. a letter, contract, the news, etc...).

Really? In German, you have a standardised dialect (High German) that exists so that people of different dialects can speak to each other fl

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited April 2016

Yeah, MSA is useful and it's definitely what I'm most fluent in, but speaking to someone in MSA (according to my Arabiy prof) makes them feel like they're talking to a textbook.

But yeah, Modern Standard Arabic is very similar to High German or Mexican Spanish as a Lingua Franca of sorts.

ZapThroat posted: »

Does something like that exist in Arabic? Yeah, it's called Formal Arabic (العربية الفصحى), it's only used like you said to communic

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited May 2016

somthing something you something no understand German then!"

Not quite, it's: "I'll whoop you ass if you don't understand those Germans!"

I learned "run yah duns" from the Jamaican lady on the bus. What you said roughly translates to: "sumting, sumting yuh sumting nuh kin unduhstand Cherman den."

Dem goes after nouns to make them plural. Man-dem = men. Kyaar-dem = cars

Really? In German, you have a standardised dialect (High German) that exists so that people of different dialects can speak to each other fl

• Every time a storm happens around bed time I just sleep through the whole thing. I bet if an earthquake happened I still would sleep through it. I'm such a heavy sleeper. lol

Perfect example of Melbourne weather; I just woke up at 3 in the morning to listen to one of the heaviest storms I've ever heard.

• edited May 2016

That feeling when you were close to Little Lamplight but Fallout 3 decides to crash at that moment.

And I didn't even save the game on my way there. ;-;

• Dem is just them in a accent

BigBlindMax posted: »

somthing something you something no understand German then!" Not quite, it's: "I'll whoop you ass if you don't understand those Germ

• Yep, but it's used to pluralize nouns too.

Dem is just them in a accent

Sign in to comment in this discussion.