The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Than god is dead

enter image description here

If @john_smith13 replies to this than god is dead.

• Should I install Ubuntu? Is Garry's Mod Compatible with Ubuntu?

• i just bought papers, please and i suck ass at it

• Want me to help you with it, I don't suck ass

Duck_Hunt posted: »

i just bought papers, please and i suck ass at it

• I've been thinking about checking that game out on and off. How is it in your opinion?

Duck_Hunt posted: »

i just bought papers, please and i suck ass at it

• At least Tilted Kilt had men who wear skirts, and women that looked like school girls (if you know what I mean...)

I just had a fuckin' delicious dinner. It was this: ...and some ketchup.

• edited July 2016

No one knows what you're talking about.

...at the moment.

At least Tilted Kilt had men who wear skirts, and women that looked like school girls (if you know what I mean...)

• I've completed it with a friend, more than once.

The game has tons of endings and the gameplay is great, it gets increasingly more complicated the further you go. The main story is that you're a border security guard and you check people's documents, based on the rules that you have that day you have to choose what to do with them. You can let people through in exchange for bribes (without bribes your family will starve/freeze) even if they don't have the correct documents. Then there's moral choices like letting in people who don't have the right documents but have some backstory that makes you empathise with them.

I've been thinking about checking that game out on and off. How is it in your opinion?

• Ghostbusters is getting a bunch of positive ratings. Either it's actually good, or there's a ton of pandering to SJWs and Feminazis from the reviewers so they don't get flamed. I'll reserve judgement until I see that apparent shit stain.

• From the trailers the CGI reminds me of the live action Scooby Doo movies from the early 2000's

Ghostbusters is getting a bunch of positive ratings. Either it's actually good, or there's a ton of pandering to SJWs and Feminazis from the reviewers so they don't get flamed. I'll reserve judgement until I see that apparent shit stain.

• edited July 2016

I stopped reading comics after Amazing Spider-Man 600. The only comics I read now are Walking Dead. It's really hard to get into the Marvel Comics honestly, it's confusing and all over the place. I think you should do it like this:

Amazing Spider-Man: Start at Issue 0/Amazing Fantasy 15, work your way up to Issue 301. Some of the story line actually switches between Amazing Spider-Man and Web of Spider-Man, so you'll have to pay attention and switch to those. The reason it's issue 301 is because that's where the comics stopped being good for a while, and it's also right after the Venom storyline, which is, in my opinion, one of the best storylines in comic book history. The only point where it gets good again is the Maximum Carnage storyline, which starts on Spider-Man Unlimited's first issue, and is another Venom situation where it switches comics. There's also Back in Black, but that's around 500 and it wouldn't make sense to start there after being gone.

The Avengers: Read everything up until the end of Civil War. The Avengers is really good and fairly entertaining most of the way through, after Civil War it fucking sucks.

Ultimate Comics Universe (Ultimate Spider-Man, The Ultimates, Ultimate-X-Men): Read every single issue of these. They are the perfect super hero comics and fucking amazing the whole way through, and the art style is legitimately my favorite of all time.

As for every other Marvel comic, idk.

papai46 posted: »

For any avid comic readers, i'm trying to get into some Marvel comics but things are kinda confusing, so where should i start to catch up?

• That's exactly what my best friend was saying. He said "It looks like that really fucking shitty Scooby Doo movie, the one where Scooby looks like human feces more than Scooby Doo". And I have to agree honestly, it really does.

From the trailers the CGI reminds me of the live action Scooby Doo movies from the early 2000's

• OMG PLOT TWIST

+1

• edited July 2016

Don't.

Misbehave.

• Fake. Lies. One-dimension characters. No real story. I didn't pay for this. 3.5/10

I fixed it to make you both happy, Im a kind person and want to be treated the same way as I treat others.

• enter image description here

Johro posted: »

Don't. Misbehave.

• edited July 2016

Anyone else like watching easter egg videos?

enter link description here

• edited July 2016

• edited July 2016

For Halloween and Walking Dead month in october my local comic shop said they might get the drawer for The Walking Dead - Charlie Adlard to come and do signings etc

If this happens I will go crazy please happen, please happen, please happen, please happen, please happen, please happen, please happen

• Well the face is kind of creppy.

• Am I the only one who inattentively presses the "Mark All as Read" instead of the "Show More" button almost every single time here? It just really annoys me because now everything will be bold in this category.

• its really fun and if you mess up you can just close the game and enter it again

I've been thinking about checking that game out on and off. How is it in your opinion?

• Will we ever get a dislike button?

• There used to be one, but it got removed because of trolls or something.

BeyondEnder posted: »

Will we ever get a dislike button?

• Aw man.

TheFurryOne posted: »

There used to be one, but it got removed because of trolls or something.

• OH BABY A PRINGLE!! OH YEAHH

• That would make this place a lot more toxic in my opinion.

BeyondEnder posted: »

Will we ever get a dislike button?

• edited July 2016

The new Ghostbusters movie.

Honestly, the movie could be good, but the way I see, if you're a normie going to go watch it then you'll probably enjoy it. But if you're like me and are a huge fan of the first two movies, then you probably won't. The worst thing is with Harold Ramis dead, there will never be a true 3rd movie. Closest thing to a 3rd movie we'll ever get is the game that came out in 2009.

• edited July 2016

[removed]

That would make this place a lot more toxic in my opinion.

• So...it turns out my mother has been taking some kind of drugs. She's mumbling a lot and she has a lack of balance. This is, like, the 5th time this has happened.

When is it gonna end :'(

• Poor Kevin.

It's probably for the best. Some people might take it as motivation to be dicks on purpose. As is, you just have to get gratification from knowing when you're bothering someone.

TheFurryOne posted: »

There used to be one, but it got removed because of trolls or something.

• It always gives me hope when a stranger, someone you've never met, notices you've had a shitty day and tells you one day it's all going to be better and you'll find somebody someday who'll make you feel like the whole world and will help you forget all the terrible days you've ever had.

• There were "Downvote Trolls" that would go around and dislike everything, even benign posts. People would obviously get annoyed by this, and to be honest, if you wanted to troll them, that was probably the easiest way to do it. I wasn't here then, but I know about it.

There was this one funny occurrence in one of the Walking Dead Season 2 waiting threads where someone posted a bunch of upvote gifs to "combat the downvote trolls".

Ultimately, it was probably for the best getting rid of them, although it would be clear or not if the "silent majority" backed.

Johro posted: »

Poor Kevin. It's probably for the best. Some people might take it as motivation to be dicks on purpose. As is, you just have to get gratification from knowing when you're bothering someone.

• But Britney Spears wanted to sing us that song...

That would make this place a lot more toxic in my opinion.

• Not as good as Dr. Pepper

That's what makes it so good.

• That's true.

Not as good as Dr. Pepper

• Drugs prescribed by a doctor, or drugs off the street?

Assuming they're the legal kind, the doctor ought to be made aware of the effects.

So...it turns out my mother has been taking some kind of drugs. She's mumbling a lot and she has a lack of balance. This is, like, the 5th time this has happened. When is it gonna end

• Prescribed by a doctor. She...overdosed on them.

WarpSpeed posted: »

Drugs prescribed by a doctor, or drugs off the street? Assuming they're the legal kind, the doctor ought to be made aware of the effects.

• Well, he probably should know that, too.

Not that telling him is going to make life easy for you.

Prescribed by a doctor. She...overdosed on them.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.