Life is Strange vs Telltale Games

I love telltale games. the choices and story. it's amazing. just a few problem. the story is only going forward. we can't spend time with character like life is strange did.
and i don't like sometimes when game give you only one move to do. like opening chest or etc. i mean it worked in walking dead but not the rest of them. telltale game realy can get some lessens from life is strange. at the end of life is strange i really cried because i really believe that the characters are real. and at the last and not very important. longer episode

Comments

• it's almost 2 hours but people are waiting for weeks for each episode so i think the episodes should be longer

• The fact that you're comparing LiS to TTGs

what's not fair?

• edited July 2016

telltale game realy can get some lessens from life is strange. at the end of life is strange

enter image description here

Are you kidding me? Life is Strange is not something which is better than Telltale Games. What kind of lessons?

• How to make bad endings?
    • How to make the lip animation so bad?
    • How to make characters boring and unlikeable?
    • How to not put QTEs in combats?
    • How to have bad voice-acting?
    • How to have boring protagonists like Max Caulfield?

It's soo unfair that you compare LIS to Telltale games.

• Do we seriously need another thread like this? We already have too many LIS threads.

• edited July 2016

Okay. Sarcasm is good and all but Life is Strange voice acting is good, or you need a better speakers (or whatever you use.) Also, at least they have proper lip-syncing and motion-capturing.

AronDracula posted: »

telltale game realy can get some lessens from life is strange. at the end of life is strange Are you kidding me? Life is Strange

• This thread will probably be locked or combined with the main one.

IRunts posted: »

Do we seriously need another thread like this? We already have too many LIS threads.

• Life is Strange voice acting is good

The only characters I think had the best voice acting are Chloe, Kate and Jefferson.

at least they have proper lip-syncing

The lip-syncing is bad. Compare them to one from Telltale games.

Clord posted: »

Okay. Sarcasm is good and all but Life is Strange voice acting is good, or you need a better speakers (or whatever you use.) Also, at least they have proper lip-syncing and motion-capturing.

• "Extras" having horrible voice acting compared to main cast is nothing new in gaming. ;)

But yeah, point taken.

For whatever reason I don't think that any character has bad voice acting, it's just that smaller roles got cheaper voice actors.

Life is Strange voice acting is good The only characters I think had the best voice acting are Chloe, Kate and Jefferson. at least they have proper lip-syncing The lip-syncing is bad. Compare them to one from Telltale games.

• I like that game life is strange. Specially soundtracks of that game LIS

• edited July 2016

Life is Strange vs Telltale Games

• Oh god, not another LIS vs. TTG thread.

• I too believe that Telltale can learn hella things from Life is Strange. Step 1 is to find someone with no acting talent for the playable character, because itll be hella rad. Step 2 is to have the writing team be people who have no idea how people hella talk to each other, and lets top it off with some hella fine and not unsynced lip animations!

• One of these threads comes every month or so. Let's just not discuss it till it gets closed or sinks, this topic is done to death and both sides of this argument can get very heated.

• Bullseye.

Poogers555 posted: »

I too believe that Telltale can learn hella things from Life is Strange. Step 1 is to find someone with no acting talent for the playable ch

• Best post I have seen today.

telltale game realy can get some lessens from life is strange. at the end of life is strange Are you kidding me? Life is Strange

• edited July 2016

Why did my comment get posted 2 times?

• "Extras" having horrible voice acting compared to main cast is nothing new in gaming. ;)

Personally I feel Max has a terrible voice actress. In fact some of the annoying cliche character types had better voices than her

Clord posted: »

"Extras" having horrible voice acting compared to main cast is nothing new in gaming. But yeah, point taken. For whatever reason I don't think that any character has bad voice acting, it's just that smaller roles got cheaper voice actors.

• worst game ever existed

I wish both of them died saving the city

If you were any edgier you'd be a pentacontakaienneagon.

• To get on the other side.

BeyondEnder posted: »

Why did my comment get posted 2 times?

• the characters are teenagers what are you Expect? how about this "hi mr, good evening mr Jefferson, what a lovely day, yes mrs caulfield, would you join me with coffee?"
    and second, i never said it was great, i agree the game have zombie face and all other things but telltale game is no gold
    and third, the internet is all negative, can we have a conversion without insult?
    about the story, i saw a lot of movie with time travel, recently interstellar and the movie was great except that had huge problem with sending message to past. the theory of Max as time traveler was the only story that didn't broke the logic, ( one of a few )
    just because it's not your type doesn't mean that is bad,

• Ahaha. I clicked onto this thread really hoping for an angry rant about the game from you and I was not disappointed. It's always extremely fun watching you express your opinions on this game honestly.

• You're asking this question on a telltale games forum, obviously most will disagree with you.

I think both games do things well that the other lacks.

• I think its hard to judge one game against a developer - are you comparing to TWD? TWAU? GOT? TFTBL? MC?

And I think I should play LiS before I make that assumption, but in all honesty I probably will never play it!

• I think Life is Strange is a really great game and has some fantastic stuff about it, and that's kind of objective, not subjective. But the points you brought up were hardly valid, and comparing this to Telltale's content is like comparing Skyward Sword to Twilight Princess. Sure, Skyward Sword looks beautiful and has so many good things about it, but there are still noticable flaws, meanwhile Twilight Princess is better in about every way. The same goes for Life is Strange. Life is Strange is a really, really good game and has a lot of really good shit in it, but when you compare to the sheer magnitude of Telltale's awesome content, it starts to fail in comparison. Sure there are a few lessons Telltale can learn from LiS (like how to not kill off your fucking main characters for shock factor and make them live til the end), but there are also a few LiS should take from Telltale.

• Since reading from lips is not my kind of thing, I can't really compare that easily when lip-sync is bad or not. It's hard to look at someone's face extended period of time already in real life.

• edited July 2016

At least I didn't say "I wish both of them died along with the town". ;)

EDIT: Okay, I'll edit my comment to sound less agressive

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

worst game ever existed I wish both of them died saving the city If you were any edgier you'd be a pentacontakaienneagon.

• edited July 2016

Now I made my comment less agressive because I felt bad about myself.

Ahaha. I clicked onto this thread really hoping for an angry rant about the game from you and I was not disappointed. It's always extremely fun watching you express your opinions on this game honestly.

• edited July 2016

It's ironic how she has a LIS icon and you have a Uncharted 4 icon.

At least I didn't say "I wish both of them died along with the town". EDIT: Okay, I'll edit my comment to sound less agressive

• Uncharted 4 vs Life is Strange? That's nice.

Also *Uncharted 4

BeyondEnder posted: »

It's ironic how she has a LIS icon and you have a Uncharted 4 icon.

• Uncharted 4 vs Life is Strange
    Dawn Of Video Games

Uncharted 4 vs Life is Strange? That's nice. Also *Uncharted 4

• Oh it's fine dude, it's like actually really fun to watch you freak out about this game. I don't know why, but it's just out of the many things I do enjoy about your personality, your Life is Strange freakouts are always just a joy to watch. Besides, don't feel too bad. We all get a little aggressive from time to time, especially when defending an opinion we're passionate about.

Now I made my comment less agressive because I felt bad about myself.

• While I do think that Life is Strange is better than The Walking Dead: Season 2, Minecraft: Story Mode, The Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead: Michonne, it's mediocre compared to The Walking Dead: Season 1, Game of Thrones and Tales From the Borderlands, in my opinion. There are many things that Dontnod could learn from Telltale but there are also things Telltale could learn from Dontnod. I still like both developers, though, and I think they are doing a pretty good job.

Also, you kinda doomed yourself with making this thread, because threads that are about "Life is Strange (Dontnod) vs Telltale" or "What could Telltale learn from Dontnod (Life is Strange)" always end up being in a middle of a shitstorm.

• At least I didn't say "I wish both of them died along with the town". ;)

;)

;)

At least I didn't say "I wish both of them died along with the town". EDIT: Okay, I'll edit my comment to sound less agressive

• because telltale game had me angry in some levels . i still love it but ...
    1- in minecraft and some other . sometimes you are have only one move to do. like push button or something. it's assassin creed all over again. the hole point of this kind of game is the story so why you give me one choice, at least make it two.
    2- they use Ambiguous sentences and faces. (but dontod did it too)
    3- the main character has to do all the work and the rest of character just sit around and won't do anything. like lee. fiona. rhys ...... they did all the work, like others don't have any brain.

• i have another question . which one do you like more.
    assassin creed syndicate or uncharted 4?

• That stare is so creepy...

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

At least I didn't say "I wish both of them died along with the town".

• While I do think that Life is Strange is better than The Walking Dead: Season 2, Minecraft: Story Mode, The Wolf Among Us
    THE WOLF AMONG US

No.

Wolfenus54 posted: »

While I do think that Life is Strange is better than The Walking Dead: Season 2, Minecraft: Story Mode, The Wolf Among Us and The Walking De

• Uncharted 4. All assassin's creed sequels from Unity to the future ones are overrated

i have another question . which one do you like more. assassin creed syndicate or uncharted 4?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.