The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I was looking at my niece's fish tank just now and there was a fish cut in half just swimming around.

• Ooh I know... Just to keep reminding that I hate the site update

papai46 posted: »

I think he wants the web team to see it, not knowing that they already know about it.

• ... swimming or floating...?

bloop posted: »

I was looking at my niece's fish tank just now and there was a fish cut in half just swimming around.

• 11 hours... 11 fucking hours of recording, and I beat the fucking first game based on pure fucking luck. I hate this game, I hate this series, I hate this video idea, but shit if it doesn't feel good to win.

• Swimming. It was alive. he was at the top of the tank trying to move, but he couldn't since his whole backside was gone.

Acheive250 posted: »

... swimming or floating...?

• I had a feeling that all of you were plotting against me

Why do this to me? We are all conspiring against you, the most happy and lovely person, precisely because you are so happy and lovely.

• I expected a chase scene just as what the lyrics seem to hint at, but the artwork seemed to mean something else instead.

I expected better of the Tag, you're it. Other than that it was a good video and as always the songs are awesome.

• You're joking... Right?
    What kind of person cuts their pet fish in half? You need to get out of that house now!

Swimming. It was alive. he was at the top of the tank trying to move, but he couldn't since his whole backside was gone.

• Mind if I ask what game it is?

11 hours... 11 fucking hours of recording, and I beat the fucking first game based on pure fucking luck. I hate this game, I hate this series, I hate this video idea, but shit if it doesn't feel good to win.

• Minesweeper. I can't wait for the video to come out.

Mind if I ask what game it is?

• The first fucking dumb, bullshit, dumbshit, fuckin' awful, god damn annoying, stupid ass fucking Five Nights at Freddy's game.

Mind if I ask what game it is?

• I fucking wish...

Huh... maybe I should make a minesweeper video?

Johro posted: »

Minesweeper. I can't wait for the video to come out.

• No one cut it in half, we just found it like that.

You're joking... Right? What kind of person cuts their pet fish in half? You need to get out of that house now!

• Then what the heck happened? ...That poor fish...

No one cut it in half, we just found it like that.

• Everyone thought it was some other fish eating to the other one.

Then what the heck happened? ...That poor fish...

• An open letter to no one in particular(people upset with the changes on this forum):

Dear users,

The last two forums I was a part of before joining this community are now completely shut down. One shut down while I was a regular poster and the other did just recently. Both were executed with minimal warning and deaf ears by the main website. The moderators had no more insight into the decision than we had and in the case of the first forum, the staff member whom was in charge of it was also let go.

When this forum went through it's drastic change a few years ago, a bunch of us left. That's probably a bit of an understatement, but I was no longer here to confirm that. Any way, a group of us moved to a new home and all was well... for a while. After a few incidents, staff got involved and things changed. We no longer had some of the liberties we've become accustomed to, some friends were totally banned, and it doesn't quite feel like "home" anymore.

Home is where your friends are. Home is where you are comfortable. You fight for your home, I understand that. Just remember that this is your home and this is others' homes. If it no longer feels like home, you may leave. Personally, I took the leeway(damn right, that wasn't a pun) I have here for granted and once my friends became fewer and farther between on the other forum, it stopped feeling like home. While I'm unsure if this is my home(I don't have many friends here and few share the same interests), I know TTG at least, doesn't make me feel unwelcome(there's a long story that even the mods there don't know. I'll just say that even though my thoughts were well received, they decided to cut off the finger to save the arm, because the surgery was simpler). Well, the staff isn't even around anymore to chime in about how they view us. So we have that here.

Just something to think about. I've been through so much worse than a few cosmetic changes and forum issues. Relax people.
    If coolsome wasn't still who he was, I'd probably totally leave there. Friends make your home, but it also has to feel comfortable.
    ...and 3 people probably know what I'm even talking about.

(This post was actually provoked from a reply in a different thread. Not the one above)

• So(for once) I'm gonna actually post here and see how it goes!:). So the Mandela Effect is all over the web right now. I happen to agree it (Might )be a thing that's real and happening. If your unsure what I'm talking about,feel free to look it up. Be warned,however, that the rabbit hole is deep ! On to my point then. Why in the blue blazes is this subject,seemingly,all ways connected to "flat earthers" "moon landing is fake" or some other Christian (Secular Conspiracy) promoter. Basicly, I'm asking if anyone other than a religous zealot is studying, what appears to be a very interesting "Quantum level" event. I'm afraid this maybe fraud,being played by Christians who don't know what to make of new science! (Salem anyone?). There are two new Quantum Computers in the world. They are called D-wave computers! And some of us know that name from a Time travel game! WTF is this! Mind blown! Dragonfire291 out!

• I have no issue with people telling them it sucks. To make any changes, they need to do more than just guess what we want. I just don't see value in harping on it or making it into such a big deal if one plans on still living here. A lot of people aren't articulating their thoughts and concerns very well, shit, I didn't on day 1, but after a couple days, it just comes off as pouting. Pretty much everyone here is at least in high school and wrote an essay in their life. I just feel that a lot of the criticism could be structured in a more constructive form.

• I don't really agree with The Mandela Effect, but I'm also a very psychological person. I believe varying factors contribute to group misremembering or whatever they want to call it. It is also bound to become more and more prevalent because of the internet. Unlike when I was growing up, now, a single inaccurate picture or sentence can be seen by millions and millions of people from all parts of the Earth.

Saying that, I also believe that Quantum theory and Uncertainty possibly exist. I just think that The Mandela Effect is an explainable phenomena.

So(for once) I'm gonna actually post here and see how it goes!:). So the Mandela Effect is all over the web right now. I happen to agree i

• Aren't you folks glad I worked my last 12hr day(for a few days anyway)? Now you get to read my garbage again!

• Woohoo!

Johro posted: »

Aren't you folks glad I worked my last 12hr day(for a few days anyway)? Now you get to read my garbage again!

• So after going through the worst game ever and wasting my fucking time, I decided to get Borderlands and all the DLC because I'm sick of shitty games and I miss the Borderlands series.

• Why would you play something you hate?

The first fucking dumb, bullshit, dumbshit, fuckin' awful, god damn annoying, stupid ass fucking Five Nights at Freddy's game.

• Have you tried Battleborn? Or as others call it, Blunderborn?

So after going through the worst game ever and wasting my fucking time, I decided to get Borderlands and all the DLC because I'm sick of shitty games and I miss the Borderlands series.

• Because a lot of my viewers request me to play the stupid fucking games again so I'm gonna play and beat every single fucking game and record it and cut it all down to a 10 minute montage so they stop fucking asking and I never have to play again AND I can clear my conscious because I spent like 30 hours of my life trying to finish the third game and never did so this will be a triumph for me and boost my self confidence because real talk, right now I actually wanna fucking kill myself and I hate everything I do so I want to make myself believe that I can do anything especially conquer stupid bullshit games that are unreasonably hard because fuck the player.

Why would you play something you hate?

• Not yet, heard mixed opinions about it. The only multiplayer shooters I've been playing recently are TF2 and Paladins.

MichaelBP posted: »

Have you tried Battleborn? Or as others call it, Blunderborn?

• I haven't either, and I've also heard mixed opinions. Based on videos, it just looks like Borderlands, but with shittier art direction and shittier jokes. I suppose it doesn't help that Aliens Colonial Marines put me off of Gearbox.

Not yet, heard mixed opinions about it. The only multiplayer shooters I've been playing recently are TF2 and Paladins.

• God, please don't remind me of Colonial Marines. Idk, Gearbox kind of won me over with Borderlands for good, yeah they've made...

enter image description here

...mistakes... but they've also made the Borderlands games which are fucking fantastic.

I haven't either, and I've also heard mixed opinions. Based on videos, it just looks like Borderlands, but with shittier art direction and shittier jokes. I suppose it doesn't help that Aliens Colonial Marines put me off of Gearbox.

• enter image description here

Because a lot of my viewers request me to play the stupid fucking games again so I'm gonna play and beat every single fucking game and recor

• edited August 2016

There was absolutely no need for this to be shut:
    https://telltale.com/community/discussion/108476/harambe-memes

I understand the thread probably had no longevity, but I don't know why mods keep shutting threads just because they don't like it's content. Sure, maybe you didn't care for the thread, but maybe other people do, or just want to have a bit of fun. It is annoying when this happens, why not just stick to shutting threads that actually need to be shut? Abusive threads and so forth?
    This forum is can be pretty restrictive sometimes...closing entire threads which ruin the discussion, do not promote discussion, which is why most of us are here.

Love from,
    A lowly pleb.

• Yeah, going through a bit of an existential crisis at the moment. Not holding on too well honestly. And those bullshit games just do not help one bit.

• I don't think you understand how bad harambe memers can get. There's always one guy who takes it too far. If you wanna have a harambe discussion, the "Whatever Makes You Laugh" thread is open, but an entire thread dedicated to harmabe memes can get out of hand quickly.

Chilled posted: »

There was absolutely no need for this to be shut: https://telltale.com/community/discussion/108476/harambe-memes I understand the thread

• enter image description here

I think what pissed me off even more than the glitches, poor graphics, bad game design, etc, was just how they lied throughout the game's development.

enter image description here

At least there's always Alien Isolation.

The Borderlands games are great, but I won't be buying 3 day 1. just in case they pulled the ol' bait-and-switch again.

God, please don't remind me of Colonial Marines. Idk, Gearbox kind of won me over with Borderlands for good, yeah they've made... ...mistakes... but they've also made the Borderlands games which are fucking fantastic.

• edited August 2016

Pre-shutting a thread based on assumption?
    There is at least 5 threads on the front page that should be shut based on that reasoning. There will always be people who take it a step overboard.
    I don't particularly care that that individual thread got shut, it just irks me.

I don't think you understand how bad harambe memers can get. There's always one guy who takes it too far. If you wanna have a harambe discus

• I'll probably wait for a bit after BL3 comes out mostly because I just was not that impressed with The Pre-Sequel.

I think what pissed me off even more than the glitches, poor graphics, bad game design, etc, was just how they lied throughout the game's de

• edited August 2016

Yeah, I suppose they shouldn't shut a thread down based on assumption, but you're not understanding here. A thread, dedicated to nothing but memes about a deceased gorilla, is pointless. I think it even states in the rules that a pointless thread isn't really tolerated. It doesn't bring any good discussion topics to the table, it doesn't talk about anything relevant, it's a thread where people post dumb memes. And you could argue that the WMYL thread is the same thing, but there's some variation there.

It's various different memes, joke comics, talented art based around comedy, funny news stories, etc. A thread called "Harambe memes" is not going to bring anything but shitposting to the table, and it's kind of pointless.

Now, am I defending the mods completely here? No. I think Jennifer should have at least given a reason to the closing of the thread like Blind or In_Gen would do, but there are also clear reasons to why it would be shut down. I don't think a silly thread about memes is something to get fired up over and start a protest towards the mods about, it's just a thread, it's not like our freedom of speech is being taken away as fucking ISIS bashes down our doors and feed us to the goat clan of Sectrom 4 star system-b, none of that shit. It's a silly thread dude.

EDIT: Posted this comment before I saw your edit, sorry that I assumed how you felt on the situation and that it upsets you that the thread was closed.. Dick move on my part man, super sorry.

Pre-shutting a thread based on assumption? There is at least 5 threads on the front page that should be shut based on that reasoning. There

• What the actual [beep sound]?

joshua007 posted: »

Sounds like the bitch of a sister I have, no cunt is the word Error401 Invalid CSRF token.

• Well, for one, memes are meant to go in the "laugh" thread and two, in two pages, that thread didn't go anywhere besides pointless profanity.

Then again, I'm biased. I like Jen and want to see her game.

I am a fan of stating my reasoning when I used to close thread though. I always liked to make sure people were mad at me for the right reasons.

Pre-shutting a thread based on assumption? There is at least 5 threads on the front page that should be shut based on that reasoning. There

• Too much time at work. I haven't seen anything on TV for days.

• Man, you talk about the series more than the fans do. Maybe deep down subconsciously, you secretly enjoy the games but hate the fact that you do.

11 hours... 11 fucking hours of recording, and I beat the fucking first game based on pure fucking luck. I hate this game, I hate this series, I hate this video idea, but shit if it doesn't feel good to win.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.