The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Where is it acceptable to complain that you are losing too much weight?

Working so much has put me at a weight I haven't been since before high school... and I graduated 14 years ago.
    I do not eat healthy so more garbage obviously isn't the answer and I don't really want to start a regiment intended for a weight lifter.

• Just finished Season 1 of Bojack Horseman... Holy shit this show kind of fucks me up emotionally. Definitely my favorite animated series.

• When I'm ill I'm sick for an entire month long. Dry throat, stuffed up nose and my eyes hurt sometimes it's terrible ugh

For a while. Stuffed up nose, phlegm, and dry throat. Ugh, made it hard to do shit.

• I personally would eat a bit more. I recently lost 40 pounds myself, and am at a weight I haven't been at since 7th grade. You don't have to each garbage to gain weight; look at the calorie count for avocados, for example... I'd suggest doing your best to meet your maintenance calorie goal at least, if you don't want to lose anymore.

(I do have to say that I might be a little envious, since I've had issues losing.)

Johro posted: »

Where is it acceptable to complain that you are losing too much weight? Working so much has put me at a weight I haven't been since befor

• Earlier today my knee bent backwards. Obviously it hurt, a lot. It didn't snap or bleed so I don't think its broken.

Well I sat down and iced it for an hour. After that I tried getting up...

Keyword: Tried.

• Yeah, I'm a big Bojack fan too. If you think Season 1 was emotionally brutal, wait until the semi-last episode of Season 2.

Just finished Season 1 of Bojack Horseman... Holy shit this show kind of fucks me up emotionally. Definitely my favorite animated series.

• Hope you'll be okay. Maybe you should let a doctor take a look at it.

Earlier today my knee bent backwards. Obviously it hurt, a lot. It didn't snap or bleed so I don't think its broken. Well I sat down and iced it for an hour. After that I tried getting up... Keyword: Tried.

• You should get it checked. When it comes to the knee, there's a fair chance you tore a ligament if it bent the wrong way. The ligaments and muscles are tighter there as it is one of the only joints that's meant to move only one way.

Earlier today my knee bent backwards. Obviously it hurt, a lot. It didn't snap or bleed so I don't think its broken. Well I sat down and iced it for an hour. After that I tried getting up... Keyword: Tried.

• Thanks. And I probably should but I feel like they're gonna tell me something I already know.

Ekelund21 posted: »

Hope you'll be okay. Maybe you should let a doctor take a look at it.

• You're probably right. Though I think I'll wait it out before seeing one.

You should get it checked. When it comes to the knee, there's a fair chance you tore a ligament if it bent the wrong way. The ligaments and muscles are tighter there as it is one of the only joints that's meant to move only one way.

• Yeah... If you can, at least get it checked out. My gran jacked up her ankle once, decided not to get it checked, then found out she'd be walking around on a broken ankle for 2 weeks. Learn from her mistakes. Hope you feel better!

• Hope you're okay though. I just know from following sports, that can go from a sprain to a severe injury very easily. Take care.

You're probably right. Though I think I'll wait it out before seeing one.

• The other recommended things are to uninstall and reinstall the application, try running it as an administrator, and run a chkdsk command like:

chkdsk c: /f /r

from a command prompt. Good luck!

Ugh, okay, none of them are working. I'll keep looking.

• You can ask a doctor what weight you should be (maybe you're there now), and what you should do to gain weight if you need to.

Where is it acceptable to complain that you are losing too much weight? Working so much has put me at a weight I haven't been since befor

• Just not your weekend, is it?

Be sure to let somebody else there know what happened. If it gets worse, you may need to make a trip to urgent care or the emergency room. Follow up with a doctor next week even if you wait it out.

• Yeah, but it seems like a silly thing to go in for. I know I'm supposed to be about 10lbs heavier and since I'm very short, with an athletic build, and a hyperactive metabolism, is a significant amount of weight to increase and hold. I think I'm going to try for eating regularly, 2-3 times a day instead of 1 large meal and snacking. You know, like a normal person.

WarpSpeed posted: »

You can ask a doctor what weight you should be (maybe you're there now), and what you should do to gain weight if you need to.

• Sounds nasty. You want to get thst checked out if it doesn't improve soon. Could be ligament damage.

• Yikes, it hurts picturing it. Hope it's ok though. We don't want you stuck on that couch/chair/whatever-it-was you were sitting on forever...

• Not sure if you know this but you need to put a word before the tag (I think) for it to work.
    Like this @MetallicaRules.

Just letting you know.

@EddieMaiden Saw Sabaton last night in Baltimore with Huntress and Trivium, and it was fucking amazing. Got elbowed in the face while in the most pit, but it was worth it.

• edited September 2016

Ouch, that sounds painful. I hope it gets better.

After that I tried getting up...

I was sort of imagining when Lee tries to get up at the end of TWD S1... Sorry.

• Oh my! I've seen the gifs of this and it really looks horrible. I hope you're gonna be alright. Wish you health!

• Once upon a time, I had that same error (I think I've had like all of them lol) and I got it fixed...like 2 years ago. Search online, there are sims3 forums, youtube and other sites, God only knows how many time you have to waste to find the real solution.

I'm having a bit of an issue with my computer. I keep getting the "0xc000007b" error for The Sims 3 whenever I try to play. I'm running Wind

• It still shows up in their feed regardless. Doing it at the beginning of a post only makes it not link to their profile page.

Acheive250 posted: »

Not sure if you know this but you need to put a word before the tag (I think) for it to work. Like this @MetallicaRules. Just letting you know.

• Oh okay.

Green613 posted: »

It still shows up in their feed regardless. Doing it at the beginning of a post only makes it not link to their profile page.

• I'll try this when I get a chance. I managed to dig out all my Sims disks with their codes, and as soon as I can get free time and can confirm that I won't lose my mods, I'll reinstall.

The other recommended things are to uninstall and reinstall the application, try running it as an administrator, and run a chkdsk command like: chkdsk c: /f /r from a command prompt. Good luck!

• I know, right? I spent three hours on this issue and still couldn't get it fixed.

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

Once upon a time, I had that same error (I think I've had like all of them lol) and I got it fixed...like 2 years ago. Search online, there

• edited September 2016

enter image description here

http://imgur.com/0vxOZa3

I was watching a piano cover. I am subscribed to Matt Santoro, but I was watching a cover of Helpless from Hamilton.

• I listen to sabaton while I play bladestorm

@EddieMaiden Saw Sabaton last night in Baltimore with Huntress and Trivium, and it was fucking amazing. Got elbowed in the face while in the most pit, but it was worth it.

• Actually if you want to lose weight its advised to eat 3 meals a day having one lage meal and snacks is more likely to make you gain weight, if your losing weight quickly it is a good idea to see your dr especially if you feel weak, lightheaded, have dry skin or anything like that

Yeah, but it seems like a silly thing to go in for. I know I'm supposed to be about 10lbs heavier and since I'm very short, with an athleti

• Uh... Ow! O_o

That sounds nasty! Get well soon.

• Be forewarned the chkdsk can take hours, if you try that. I tried it on my own PC just for fun. I'd run it in the old days, but not on a PC with Windows 10 and modern drive sizes before, and I wanted to see what it was like. My current PC has a 3TB non-SDD regular hard drive. I wound up having to let chkdsk run overnight, and Microsoft designed it in a way to make you question as to whether it's really doing anything. (It goes up to some certain percentage complete and then freezes.) You can't do anything else with your PC while it's running. It did finish eventually, though.

I'll try this when I get a chance. I managed to dig out all my Sims disks with their codes, and as soon as I can get free time and can confirm that I won't lose my mods, I'll reinstall.

• Doctors these days seem obsessed with telling you how to eat, so he/she won't be surprised if you come in and ask just about that. You could combine it with a regular check-up, if you haven't had one in a while. (Check your blood pressure, cholesterol levels, get a flu shot, etc.)

Good luck trying to eat on a regular schedule when you don't have a regular schedule!

Yeah, but it seems like a silly thing to go in for. I know I'm supposed to be about 10lbs heavier and since I'm very short, with an athleti

• Aw what? I hope your grandma is okay! I don't think mine is broken though... I'll wait another day before going. And thanks!

Yeah... If you can, at least get it checked out. My gran jacked up her ankle once, decided not to get it checked, then found out she'd be walking around on a broken ankle for 2 weeks. Learn from her mistakes. Hope you feel better!

• No it really is not my week, heh. I also just found out that TLOU S2 might have just been canceled so that's another thing for me to be disappointing about. D: But yeah, I'll think about going to a doc.

Just not your weekend, is it? Be sure to let somebody else there know what happened. If it gets worse, you may need to make a trip to urgent care or the emergency room. Follow up with a doctor next week even if you wait it out.

• Thanks! And I actually don't mind sitting down for a while... At least now I have a good excuse to do so. :p

AChicken posted: »

Yikes, it hurts picturing it. Hope it's ok though. We don't want you stuck on that couch/chair/whatever-it-was you were sitting on forever...

• edited September 2016

tmw you're talking to a friend and suddenly they go silent and you feel like you said something wrong.

And that feel when he responds and things are chill.

• Thanks!

I was sort of imagining when Lee tries to get up at the end of TWD S1... Sorry.

Don't be sorry 'cause that's actually extremely accurate.

Acheive250 posted: »

Ouch, that sounds painful. I hope it gets better. After that I tried getting up... I was sort of imagining when Lee tries to get up at the end of TWD S1... Sorry.

• Yeah... I have seen those gifs too, it doesn't look pretty. It doesn't feel pretty either, heh.

And thanks!

Oh my! I've seen the gifs of this and it really looks horrible. I hope you're gonna be alright. Wish you health!

• It really does. And thanks!

Uh... Ow! O_o That sounds nasty! Get well soon.

• So, I've decided that every few months I'm going to check out a couple of different bands/musical artists. I consciously chose to delve into Arcade Fire, Metallica, and Coldplay. (I know those are weird combos. I've just heard great things about each.) I'm also taking the suggestion of a family member and looking into Pearl Jam. I've only listened to around five songs from each band so far, but I have to say the one I'm currently enjoying the most is Metallica. I...didn't think I would actually like them that much. I tend to put lyrics above sound, and the lyrics from the Metallica songs I've listened to so far are surprisingly amazing. I've read a few articles and comments about their songs being deep and meaningful, but then someone I know personally said they loved the band, but they didn't find the songs to be particularly meaningful, which really turned me off. I never thought I would like the sound, but I actually really do so far. The vocals are amazing, and the words are discernible. (I've listened to a few metal songs in the past where I couldn't make out a single lyric) I'm also loving the instrumentals. Of course five songs can't summarize the entirety of a band, but I have high hopes now! Can't wait to continue this!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.