The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• They better get a super badass guy to play Moon Knight. I'll be damned if my favorite low-tier Marvel hero will be played by some pansy.

Marvel Netflix Series Rumors I really hope this happens.

• I made an episode of the Big Bang Theory. Can I have my Golden Globe now?

• It's ~art~

I'm frightened.

• I might just have to do my happy dance if the former happens.

They better get a super badass guy to play Moon Knight. I'll be damned if my favorite low-tier Marvel hero will be played by some pansy.

• You're welcome ;)

Oh TIdus' laugh... so bad it's amazing.

Thank you for this.

• Also :o which is : o

XD is without the space. Here is what he typed for all of his smiles (ignore the spaces) : ) : D B ) : | : ( ; ) D : and here is how you get [ignore this text] >: )

• What's up with these Pixar animators trying to rip my heart out?

• That's awesome, congratulations! Though I wouldn't have associated shaded pencil drawings with tattoos. He must just appreciate fine art.

So I just became in collaboration with a professional male tattoo model. I draw what he wants me to draw, then he posts it on his multiple

• :/ is : /

Would be nice if there were an official complete list.

XD is without the space. Here is what he typed for all of his smiles (ignore the spaces) : ) : D B ) : | : ( ; ) D : and here is how you get [ignore this text] >: )

• Film usually has its own prizes and multiple actors in a picture. I imagine it's possible, though. Or if you have 40 years of meaningful video game experience.

Ekelund21 posted: »

Since Bob Dylan will be getting the Nobel Prize in litterateur, does that mean a movie or video game writer also could win it?

• He asked if you might like to get together and watch the game, and you said where you were at and that you were watching the game there. That sounds like an invite to me.

If he started with "I'm bored, what are you up to?" and you responded the same way, it would be more obvious then that he should ask, "Cool, can I join you?"

Kenny/Lee posted: »

So I was at a bar watching the football game a couple of weeks ago. A friend I know texted me and asked how my day was going. I told him

• That's without sauce, without fries, without soda, without the 2 apple pies they will suggest, though. :)

screeches That's it?!??? Here I was thinking it was closer to 700-1000 calories! ... I could eat one of these and still not go over my maintenance!

• It paints a good picture of the person writing/thinking it. Not bad.

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3294875/1/Alone Sometimes, I like to write things. I wrote this today when I was in English class. Come check it out.

• Jesus christ, not even 6 minutes into the new Baited Podcast and this shit is more intense than anything I've seen on YouTube.

• edited October 2016

You're the one at fault here. He said he's bored and asked what you were up to, you told him where you are and what you're doing. That sounds like an invitation to me. He didn't invite himself he just misinterpreted you.

So I was at a bar watching the football game a couple of weeks ago. A friend I know texted me and asked how my day was going. I told him

• Yooo @Johro I just wanted to say thank you so much for the advice. It really helped me out and I'm feeling much better now.

• Decided to replay Tales From The Borderlands for the 3rd time, i had a mind set to be a dick this time but I just realised I was one in my previous 2 playthroughs.

• Uh, no he didn't?

Roach got shot in the face. Soap bled to death.

BigBlindMax posted: »

He got it easy compared to Roach.

• The saturated fat and sodium is the real problem.

screeches That's it?!??? Here I was thinking it was closer to 700-1000 calories! ... I could eat one of these and still not go over my maintenance!

• I don't like sauce, I hate McD's fries, I drink diet soda, and I fucking hate apple pie... they can kiss my skinny, little ass.

WarpSpeed posted: »

That's without sauce, without fries, without soda, without the 2 apple pies they will suggest, though.

• You're right about the sodium... Blegh.

BigBlindMax posted: »

The saturated fat and sodium is the real problem.

• Thank you. :D ❤️

WarpSpeed posted: »

It paints a good picture of the person writing/thinking it. Not bad.

• Thank you!

With imgur links, you have to link to the image directly. Right click the image, and select "Open Image In New Tab" - I fixed it for you here, but that's just a general tip.

• u cuck, side with ur friends this time

Decided to replay Tales From The Borderlands for the 3rd time, i had a mind set to be a dick this time but I just realised I was one in my previous 2 playthroughs.

• No I hate everyone, I only trust the voice in my head.

lottii-lu posted: »

u cuck, side with ur friends this time

• trust no one not even the voice in ur head

No I hate everyone, I only trust the voice in my head.

• So, Jack?

No I hate everyone, I only trust the voice in my head.

• yes.

papai46 posted: »

So, Jack?

• no.

lottii-lu posted: »

trust no one not even the voice in ur head

• Makes me sad the Gears of War games are not Playstation consoles. After watching the entirety of Gears 4, I so badly want to play the series. xD If I were to get it on PC it'd probably lag bad as Mass Effect did for me on PC (my computer is shite for these kinds of games).

Anywho, I got 11 loot boxes for the Overwatch Halloween update and I got so many good ones! Headless Horseman Reaper, Tombstone Bastion, Skullyatta, some good highlights and tons of coins enough to buy one legendary. The brawl is damn awesome and I hope stuff like this become permanent because working with others against CPUs are so much more fun. The brawl is well designed and thought out and gives me a glimpse to the game's future. Definitely gonna binge as much as possible to get all dem loots. I really want dem Junkenstein, Junkenhog and Witch Mercy outfits.

• Wow, that's awesome! That's a good job there. One person did suggest that to me once, coincidently. lol Good luck and have damn good fun. You earned it.

So I just became in collaboration with a professional male tattoo model. I draw what he wants me to draw, then he posts it on his multiple

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited October 2016

Mod PSA:

[Reposting a particular section from another post I made for the Walking Dead New Frontier Episode 1 Waiting Thread]

EDIT: To clarify, this is driven by us volunteer moderators - not staff. I am open to feedback via PM if you guys wanna give feedback/ask questions.

2. Posting Quality and Etiquette/Better Contributions towards the Community

[Note: This was initially posted in the Walking Dead section. In some cases (but not all), we will be a little more lienient in some threads like Whatever's On Your Mind or Whatever Makes You Laugh, since these threads are for general chat or sharing pictures/gifs/etc - however, this Notice applies to general forum culture going forward...]

During TWD Season 2, the forums changed radically as old fans left and new fans joined at the same time. This extended to the team of active moderators, which at the time, mostly consisted of new moderators. Because our mod tools were in an earlier state, we let things slip during Season 2 that we should not have, and some parts of the forum culture during that time changed for the worse during that time. However, now that we have experience and better mod tools, we want to focus on raising the posting quality here.

You guys are obviously allowed to have fun and use gifs, pictures, videos, etc to add flavor and personality to your posts, but we don't want people to have a posting style that consistently relies on inside jokes, references to memes and YouTube channels, sarcastic insults, instigating drama with other forum users, etc.

This forum is not a middle school. It is expected and strongly preferred that Forum Users are 18 or older before posting. This applies only to a small minority of users, but I want to bring this up anyways - we want people to cut down on people posting primarily with memes/inside jokes/etc, or people casually insulting each other in a joking way, with users casually using slurs like "faggot", "gay," "cuck," "n*gga," "autist," etc. For users in the Walking Dead section to be proud of how mature the series is in comparison to other series like Minecraft: Story Mode, we expect users to follow up on that with a mature posting style.

Also - having a slightly off topic conversation is fine, but don't derail threads with lots of low quality posts that consist of inside jokes. Focus first and primarily on making good contributions to the thread at hand.

This is a message board - not a chat room, so please be considerate of that. [Note: Whatever's On Your Mind is technically speaking somewhat of a chat room so in lots of cases we will be lenient in particular threads like these - but, the rules about not extensively derailing threads with tons and tons of posts in one comment chain with inside jokes still applies here.]

edited October 2016

A transparent heads up from the mod team of where we want to head in the future:

EDIT: To clarify, this is driven by us volunteer moderators - not staff. I am open to feedback via PM if you guys wanna give feedback/ask questions.

As of late, the other Moderators and I have been looking back on the forum culture and various trends in different phases of the forums:

• (Wolf/Dead Season 2)
    • (Tales from the Borderlands/Game of Thrones)
    • (Minecraft/Michonne)
    • (Batman/New Frontier)

In the times ahead, now that we have more experience, we are looking to elevate posting quality and push for the forums to have a more mature posting style in some ways.

At some point, we will very likely revise the Community Guide to Decency and enforce it a little harder, like something closer to the Forum Guidelines.

In the mean time, if you guys have any feedback or want to discuss how we can improve the Forum culture here, feel free to send me a PM. As I said, other mods and I are currently talking over things like this.

• Nah, not his fault.

• I feel like some people will be really mad at this...

Mod PSA: [Reposting a particular section from another post I made for the Walking Dead New Frontier Episode 1 Waiting Thread] EDIT: To

edited October 2016

...and? Like it says at the bottom - it's a message board, not a chat room. We need to clean things up and improve posting quality.

I don't mean for my "...and?" comment to come off as snarky towards you, but to put it plainly, we let people get away with some things we should not have had during Season 2. If we had the experience (and good mod tools) back at that point that we had now, the forum culture here would be a lot better.

papai46 posted: »

I feel like some people will be really mad at this...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.