The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I should try that myself sometime. That sounds delicious!

My mom made teriyaki chicken for dinner... I ended up mixing the chicken she gave me with two huge bowls of spinach and kale. It was so good

• edited November 2016

Hooray Food!

I like food cos it is yummy
    I will put this in my tummy
    We can have all the rice!
    All we have to do is Go! Go! Grab a bowl!

Pastries abound made up with thick butter and cream
    Doughs all around, so much to choose - I wanna scream!
    I'll give you strength, you give me bread; oat, rye, and wheat!
    Flavours won't fade. If you're with me, my enemies will never eat.

We will fry up all the bacon
    Just the real stuff I ain't fakin!
    There is nothing we can't sample
    Nuggets or some fries - We will eat them all!

Even if it's slightly soggy!
    When fried up on the grill
    All we need do's get first dibs!

I will put this in my tummy
    We can have all the rice!
    All we have to do is Go! Go! Grab a bowl!

Grab a Bowl!

burgers. chicken. french fries. pickles. sandwiches. chips. brownies. food food food

• edited November 2016

Hm... Ever since I started to improve on my writing with dialogue and character development, I noticed I now find it harder to visualize fight scenes in my mind like I used to. Before I focused heavily on combat so it was very fluid and dynamic, but now it seems stiff and sluggish in my visualizing.

Ha ha... hahaha... fuck. That's a problem.

• Usually the dialogue and character development is more interesting than the fights. Of course, the fights should be interesting, too, but they should be used to show some aspects of the fighters. Do they "cheat"? Are they merciless? Are they cowards? How do they react to an unexpected move? Is this fight damaging the surroundings in any way? Is that important?

Hm... Ever since I started to improve on my writing with dialogue and character development, I noticed I now find it harder to visualize fig

• edited November 2016

Well, I grew up with Dragon Ball Z, Bleach and Naruto for the majority of my life. So the combat scenes were a huge inspiration to me, even the games Naruto Storm series, the Yakuza series and DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi series. I've always been leaning to the action genre. And as such, I thought up action stories.

The story I'm writing is heavily on the character development and world building side but I like to have my action scenes which are to be intense and fluid. So far the only way I can get close to the thought process I had with visualizing fight scenes is by writing it as I further the story, even then sometimes the movement is stiff and sluggish in my head. Which goes for all the characters, even the agile ones. Personality isn't the problem, it's fluidity and movement. Before, I had no problem fully visualizing the fight scenes in my head just by keeping up with the beat with music I listened to or just by spacing out. Now it's kinda disjointed, sluggish and stiff most of all. Like I'm lacking focus on this in favor of the other.

I just need to find a way to balance my mind's focus between world/character building and action scenes. Easier said than done though.

EDIT: Added in more. I appreciate the response btw.

WarpSpeed posted: »

Usually the dialogue and character development is more interesting than the fights. Of course, the fights should be interesting, too, but t

• edited November 2016

What are you writing?

Hm... Ever since I started to improve on my writing with dialogue and character development, I noticed I now find it harder to visualize fig

• Can't exactly say much at the moment since this is the project I like to earn a living off of and have it monetized (I will reveal more about it when I'm ready to start launching). Basically it's an old story I came up with during high school. It's a manga with supernatural and fantasy aspects, it focuses heavily on character/world building but with a good amount of emphasis on fighting as well (consider TWD Forum Comic as an appetizer). It even has romance in it, which I know is ironic since I have no interesting in dating in real life, but I feel like trying something interesting compared to my usual stories. I can say the story will involve spirits, demons and such in the modern world.

And there's one more thing I can san, one of my earlier posts mentioned it was a mature read. Meaning it's gonna be a bit of a dark story, not as dark as Walking Dead for example, but focuses on some themes that are relevant to real life such a depression and traumatic experiences. It will have it's light moments that are filled with hope and smile inducing. Bit of a feels trip. There may be another reason or two but I will explain that in the future as I have to get going, I'm meeting a friend today.

What are you writing?

• You obviously got no regrets about your twitter name tho, since you can change it whenever.

Honestly if I could change my username I'd probably make it something stupid like "Zooboo" or "SuperSandLesbian" so I don't know why I always complain like my current UN is the worst thing ever. EDIT: This is the kind of shit I'm talking about.

• So I just watched Sausage Party... I don't know what to think..... I didn't expect an orgy scene xD

• Ooh thank you if I had found this earlier I would put all my force at you

Euron posted: »

Just to be sure: I was sarcastic They totally screwed our history concerning the revolution.

• Should I start reading the manga?

• Finished for the night. Touka and her kagune.

enter image description here

• The game that keeps on disappointing me.

No Battle Gear in missions, no chapter 3, no mission 51, disappointing ammount of bosses/boss variety/boss quality, mission creator removed, online co-op removed, adult Chico removed, etc.

• That means nothing really, I change it weekly at this point. I'm just saying with that power I'd probably change my username on here to something stupid that I can't change.

You obviously got no regrets about your twitter name tho, since you can change it whenever.

• I fell down the stairs today.

• Whoa, this place has changed a lot. Anyone remember me??

• I actually do, it's been a long time.

TWDFan86 posted: »

Whoa, this place has changed a lot. Anyone remember me??

• Yikes! That had to suck.

TheFurryOne posted: »

I fell down the stairs today.

• edited November 2016

whimp

• That feeling when you set aside an hour of your time and spend tons of mental energy composing a thought-out post, in reply to somebody asking for elaboration on a topic that has never before been discussed, and yet apparently nobody is interested in the topic and your post goes completely unread.

And when you have a glimpse of hope before going to sleep that somebody might have liked it, or that the notification system could've broken down as usual and somebody left you anything in reply, and yet the post sits intact, in solitude.

A white box with a black circle lies inside a comment without reply.

This comment was not depressing at all.

• edited November 2016

I remember you too. What's up? ^-^

Oh shit, you're a moderator xD

dojo32161 posted: »

I actually do, it's been a long time.

• Nothing much, just kind of hanging around.

I remember you too. What's up? ^-^ Oh shit, you're a moderator xD

• Yep!

• I GOT AN A- ON MY IN-CLASS POLI SCI MIDTERM!!

enter image description here

Now I just gotta keep my ish together and do some extra credit and I can at least get a B+.

• I'm legally an adult now.

• Meh. So far I adore the game, even with the shit Konami wouldn't let Hideo put in.

MichaelBP posted: »

The game that keeps on disappointing me. No Battle Gear in missions, no chapter 3, no mission 51, disappointing ammount of bosses/boss variety/boss quality, mission creator removed, online co-op removed, adult Chico removed, etc.

• Happy birthday and cheers on adulthood!

NoHopeLeft posted: »

I'm legally an adult now.

• I just spent 7 hours playing Dragon Ball Xenoverse. 3 of which were dedicated to unlocking Super Saiyan (which I did! :D). I feel like a kid playing through Dragon Ball Z Budokai again trying to unlock all the characters. God the memories.

• I just tried bashing my head really hard against a wall in an attempt to knock me out so I can go to bed. And it fucking failed, and now I'm less tired than before because of the pain.

• edited November 2016

Is that the Randall one?

That feeling when you set aside an hour of your time and spend tons of mental energy composing a thought-out post, in reply to somebody aski

• That sounds fucking scary as shit. Congrats tho.

NoHopeLeft posted: »

I'm legally an adult now.

• That's... that's never a good idea... Do what I do, put on a Zelda soundtrack, sleep next to a fan and don't think about anything. Usually works for me.

I just tried bashing my head really hard against a wall in an attempt to knock me out so I can go to bed. And it fucking failed, and now I'm less tired than before because of the pain.

• Yo I'll read it. I'd honestly hate to see all that effort go to waste.

That feeling when you set aside an hour of your time and spend tons of mental energy composing a thought-out post, in reply to somebody aski

• .... Why on Earth did you think that would have worked? And even if it did you'd be risking a concussion.

I just tried bashing my head really hard against a wall in an attempt to knock me out so I can go to bed. And it fucking failed, and now I'm less tired than before because of the pain.

• I'm an idiot that wants to sleep. That's why.

lupinb0y posted: »

.... Why on Earth did you think that would have worked? And even if it did you'd be risking a concussion.

• Music, fsr, never helps me sleep.

That's... that's never a good idea... Do what I do, put on a Zelda soundtrack, sleep next to a fan and don't think about anything. Usually works for me.

• Then turn on some Late Night with Cry and Russ highlights on low volume while sleeping next to a fan. That also helps me sleep.

Music, fsr, never helps me sleep.

• edited November 2016

@clemyclooandbabyboo rip off D.Va

Sign in to comment in this discussion.