The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Personally I think it'll change on the 6th of December.

Frank's back baby

Acheive250 posted: »

Well, that might change in... Maybe the 20th of December? Maybe...

• I saw this on DeviantArt earlier and really loved it! I still do too! It looks awesome!

It's finally freakin' done! And in a good time too since Job Stauffer announced news for Walking Dead New Frontier today! So today's a good

• edited November 2016

The following rant is copied from my recent tweets with some minor edits as I have no interest in retyping it all here.

Am I the only one who thinks Sara is Missing is not at all special? Games like Sara Is Missing come off to me as a game trying way too hard to be important and unique like Silent Hill 2. I mean, don't get me wrong, Sara is Missing is a very interesting concept. But it's executed so weirdly and it takes itself way too seriously all the time, And it makes me kind of have to compare games like that to Silent Hill 2 because that's what it is. It's a psychological experience trying to be something unique.

It's a psychological experience that makes the player feel like shit for their mistakes, has no happy ending and tries to scare with psychological techniques. It's not a bad game by any means, no. But it's executed in a way that makes it look like it wants to be Silent Hill 2, or at least as important as it was. And few games are like Silent Hill 2 (or try to be) because the gaming industry understands that Silent Hill 2 is something sacred, it's something that came out and changed everything for not only the horror genre, but the gaming industry as well. It's one of the earliest examples of video games as art.

Silent Hill 2, much like Silent Hill 1, Resident Evil and Clock Tower, did things that no video game did at the time. It was truly art. What Silent Hill 2 did for the gaming industry is not easily forgotten, but some people do forget how hard the game is to replicate. Some people go across the line Silent Hill 2 places. And while some are successful like INSIDE or Yume Nikki, others become things like Layers of Fear or Deadly Premonition, which again, aren't bad games, but try too hard and fail miserably for it. And trust me, you do NOT want to fuck up as badly as Deadly Premonition or Layers of Fear.

Sara is Missing is another one of those games that tries to go further than Silent Hill 2, and fails miserably, and while it still has a cool concept that if executed CORRECTLY I can see it working, it really hasn't been executed correctly. It has lame jumpscares, poor atmosphere, little to no control over actions and a lot of bugs. But while we're on the topic of games that tried to be Silent Hill 2, let me give you all a run down of the games who tried AND succeeded.

• Yume Nikki
    • Dark Souls
    • The Last Door
    • INSIDE
    • Bioshock
    • Ib
    • Claire

All of the games I listed tried doing what Silent Hill 2 did casually while focusing on their own game, and succeeded on phenomenal levels, some of which I'll even admit are better games than Silent Hill 2. If the developer of Sara is Missing wants any advice, do what those games did. Try and make it it's own game, make people see what's so special about it and use it as a selling point, make people see that the game has potential, and don't try and one up Silent Hill 2 desperately to become something unique. Because Sara is Missing is not unique. And before you get on my case with "But Noah! Sara is Missing is unique! It's a game where you sit and be helpless with no way to stop the issue!", that's incorrect. Night Trap and FNAF have both done that shit to death already. Whether or not they did it well is a different story, but SiM is not unique for making you sit on your ass.

• The Last Guardian on 6th. Already ready for the feels once the boy and Trico die a horrible death.

Well, that might change in... Maybe the 20th of December? Maybe...

• Rumour: Nintendo aiming for Zelda BotW release on June 16 (EUR), Switch release first.

Nintendo are internally aiming for a June 16 2017 UK Breath of the Wild Switch release. Aiming Wii U for June 23 2017 UK.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LaurakBuz...70512379224065

Laura Kate Dale in action again. She's also apparently been blacklisted by Nintendo UK now, which ends up heightening her credibity.

• Do you think the story is any good in their much older titles?

Johro posted: »

I mean opposite as in story. I'm not beating that "us old people V. Telltale" thing anymore dead than it is. Before, it was finding proble

• And then change again on the 20th. ;)

Personally I think it'll change on the 6th of December. Frank's back baby

• I kinda forgot about that game for a bit. Not sure whether I should get it or not. I've never played ICO or Shadow of the Colossus, but I think TLG looks interesting.

And I was actually talking about TWD S3, which is going to be fantastic.

MichaelBP posted: »

The Last Guardian on 6th. Already ready for the feels once the boy and Trico die a horrible death.

• edited November 2016

They should have had it out with the release of the Switch and had more people working on it so they COULD. Nintendo is really trying my patience this year. Kind of hard to be a die hard fan when they're tainting my childhood memories and making shitty business decisions.

EDIT: Just to say, I think Breath of the Wild is going to kick all the ass and will be the best thing ever, but I don't think Nintendo is making good business decisions.

MichaelBP posted: »

Rumour: Nintendo aiming for Zelda BotW release on June 16 (EUR), Switch release first. Nintendo are internally aiming for a June 16 20

• I tune in on CNN, and I watch the President Of The United States and potentially other relevant people in suits, looking at a turkey as it walks.

And that ceremony has a name. "Turkey Pardon."

What the fuck.

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited November 2016

Our tax dollars paid for that ceremony too.

It's cute though, so I don't really mind.

I tune in on CNN, and I watch the President Of The United States and potentially other relevant people in suits, looking at a turkey as it walks. And that ceremony has a name. "Turkey Pardon." What the fuck.

• What does "the Turkey Pardon" symbolize?

BigBlindMax posted: »

Our tax dollars paid for that ceremony too. It's cute though, so I don't really mind.

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited November 2016

It's mostly a joke I think. don't actually know.

EDIT: Apparently, it started in the mid 1900's because the President would often be given a turkey as a gift from some poultry/farming organization and sometimes decided to send them back instead, jokingly referred to as a pardon. It only became a ceremony fairly recently.

What does "the Turkey Pardon" symbolize?

• If you're looking at the story as a whole, you're probably not going to outdo what they have been doing since TWD. Since, Jurassic Park, the stories have been much cleaner and more polished. I can admit that. Writing itself, is something I may argue. It's a different style now, but the cartoonish comedic writing of the past was pretty top notch stuff. I'll always love the Sam & Max games.

Do you think the story is any good in their much older titles?

• It has just become my favorite ceremony.

BigBlindMax posted: »

It's mostly a joke I think. don't actually know. EDIT: Apparently, it started in the mid 1900's because the President would often be giv

• edited November 2016

enter image description here

enter image description here

my god...

• What's on the 20th?

And then change again on the 20th.

• edited November 2016

please tell me you chose based litten

Green613 posted: »

Not gonna lie IMO Sun and Moon are definitely the most poppin games of this year (not finished with it yet though, just impressions after a couple of hours in game).

• What? I don't get it...

my god...

• First off, nice to have you back. Second, both covers have the dumbass facing away from the action dramatically with the side character screaming at him and pointing the other way. I find that funny.

papai46 posted: »

What? I don't get it...

• Okay, thank you.

Johro posted: »

If you're looking at the story as a whole, you're probably not going to outdo what they have been doing since TWD. Since, Jurassic Park, th

• Y-You don't know?

The Walking Dead: A New Frontier.

That's what's happening on the 20th of December!

What's on the 20th?

• Oh.

First off, nice to have you back. Second, both covers have the dumbass facing away from the action dramatically with the side character screaming at him and pointing the other way. I find that funny.

• I actually found out shortly after writing my initial comment. Sorry bout my ignorance there.

Y-You don't know? The Walking Dead: A New Frontier. That's what's happening on the 20th of December!

• Right? Your drive has checked out but your desire is still kicking. Best of luck on your finals.

When you're so done with this semester but you've still got 2 weeks of instruction and then 1 week to cram your ass off in order to bring home a decent GPA.

• "Not that way, you'll shoot the customer!"

First off, nice to have you back. Second, both covers have the dumbass facing away from the action dramatically with the side character screaming at him and pointing the other way. I find that funny.

• of course i did!

ABigBadWolf posted: »

please tell me you chose based litten

• edited November 2016

"You fucktard! If your aim were any worse, you'd likely hit yourself"

WarpSpeed posted: »

"Not that way, you'll shoot the customer!"

• My Popplio would totally kick your ass, just sayin'.

Green613 posted: »

of course i did!

• edited November 2016

Oh God I ate a salmon bagel earlier and I think it may have been off. I feel terrible. It's so cold.

Help pls.

• Drink lots of water. If it's actually going to make you ill, you'll need it.

lupinb0y posted: »

Oh God I ate a salmon bagel earlier and I think it may have been off. I feel terrible. It's so cold. Help pls.

• I like to imagine it more as

"how does this gun work...?"

"LOOK THE OTHER WAY DUMBSHIT!"

WarpSpeed posted: »

"Not that way, you'll shoot the customer!"

• "Over here you noob!"

"360 no scope lmao"

my god...

• I just played... Err, watched someone play episode 5 of Minecraft: Story Mode, and I thought it was fantastic.

People really need to stop giving it shit just because it's a "family game". Play it before you judge it. It's a great game.

• "How do I Omnislash?"

Gonna switch it to the reversible cover as soon as I get it.

my god...

• Years later they're still having trouble with HD development. Then again, as the Zelda games become more ambitious with their mechanics or content, they take longer to complete, and BoTW is by far their most ambitious game in a long time. And this probably ends up clashing with how they tend to be perfectionists. For example, Bethesda's games may be fun and all, but they are extremely prone to glitches. If 3 extra months is what EAD needs to clean up as much bugs as possible, especially game breaking ones, I think this delay is for the best. Look at Mafia 3, it obviously needed more time in the oven, and thanks to all the glitches and technical issues, it became a joke. FFXV's 2 month delay was foe the best, as it didn't look to be in a great state back in August.

They should have had it out with the release of the Switch and had more people working on it so they COULD. Nintendo is really trying my pat

• I'd like to wish a happy Turkey Day to my fellow Americans! Happy Thanksgiving! Eat some turkey or pie and tell someone you love them or something like that! :D

Love y'all. Bye!

• Nice!

Karnedg2013 posted: »

Look at my avatar!

• Sure thing. Go right on ahead!

That is fucking awesome, dude! If its okay with you I might use that as my phone background!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.