The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Doesn't actually answer my question (sharing my earnings with a hired partner while monetizing on Patreon) but there's some good tips here otherwise. Thanks anyway, I'll just search elsewhere, maybe from someone who uses Patreon. Maybe asking Geek Remix would do.

Does this help?

• Just noticed how much the site has updated. And the front page is bit similar to Blind Sniper's rendition of it. Nice.

• I've been trying to find a video of the soundtrack that starts at 11:09, to no avail. Can anybody help? It also plays after Bruce finishes speaking at the press conference and briefly when he talks to Vicki, all in "New World Order."

• It has been like that for a few weeks now; my rendition borrowed very heavily from that version.

Just noticed how much the site has updated. And the front page is bit similar to Blind Sniper's rendition of it. Nice.

• Oh! Okay. I haven't bothered looking at the front page often. I just go straight to the forums.

It has been like that for a few weeks now; my rendition borrowed very heavily from that version.

• Well Konami is one shitty fucking scumbag of a company nowadays. Preventing Kojima from talking to his team for 6 months, not allowing him to receive his award at last year's TGA, killing off all of their memorable IPs, except PES, turning a potential MGS3 Remake into a pachinko game, creating Metal Gear Survive, canning Silent Hills and to add insult to injury, creating a Silent Hill Pachinko machine.

That's... that's kinda fucked up.

• New evidence affirms that moderators are the Children of Arkham.

It has been like that for a few weeks now; my rendition borrowed very heavily from that version.

• Nobody really sent her from the looks of it, it seems more likely that everyone is just confused.

Omid's cat posted: »

I don't think I'll like Javier's family. I mean, why would I? His granny's face is weird and she slaps our hero. And they are cowards. Stink

• edited December 2016

I'm very disappointed that Overwatch won the GOTY. I don't say it sucks but how come an incomplete multiplayer with no singleplayer gets to win this?

• Fun fact: the story is purposely bad.

Can't ask for much else. I'm not going to lie, that performance at the Game Awards sold me on it, even if the story is shit, I'll at least get some heavy ass music while I play it.

• edited December 2016

Dudes are quite normal for someone that creates metal music.

@metallicarules

• Why is the WD section full of pedophilia supporters?

• That honor should have been given to Uncharted 4 honestly.

AronDracula posted: »

I'm very disappointed that Overwatch won the GOTY. I don't say it sucks but how come an incomplete multiplayer with no singleplayer gets to win this?

• You need to stop jumping to conclusions and stop spreading false information about users like that. They're not pedophilia supporters.

Why is the WD section full of pedophilia supporters?

• That's the exact sort of thing a pedophilia supporter would say.

Joke.

But I'm not jumping to conclusions. No seriously, I've seen people on the 'what would you give Clem for her birthday' thread, and I've seen some people say some creepy stuff, like 'a condom' or 'a date' and some other shit like that.

And that's just the beginning.

You need to stop jumping to conclusions and stop spreading false information about users like that. They're not pedophilia supporters.

• Yes

That honor should have been given to Uncharted 4 honestly.

• enter image description here

That's the exact sort of thing a pedophilia supporter would say. Joke. But I'm not jumping to conclusions. No seriously, I've seen peo

• You would find that most metal musicians are, in fact, normal people.

papai46 posted: »

Dudes are quite normal for someone that creates metal music.

• Going back to my Metallica Clementine Avatar with the impending release of A New Frontier.

enter image description here

• Technically, that would be hebephilia
    If it wasn't for the fact that they were joking. And you could prove that they were adults, and not her age. And also if she was real, and not a character.

That's the exact sort of thing a pedophilia supporter would say. Joke. But I'm not jumping to conclusions. No seriously, I've seen peo

• No, I didn't see the appeal in that game, it looks dull. Overwatch? More like Overrated!

Am I the only one who was disappointed that Overwatch won the GOTY?

• I feel like I can count the amount people in the General Chat on one hand.

• enter image description here

JonDee013 posted: »

I feel like I can count the amount people in the General Chat on one hand.

• edited December 2016

It's called dark humor. It's fucked up, but some people find it funny. I find myself guilty of that on a few occasions.

• an incomplete multiplayer with no singleplayer gets to win this?

Well there are many reasons.

1: Overwatch only has multiplayer because it is a multiplayer game. Not every game needs to have single player, some are built to be a multiplayer experience. Destiny, Team Fortress 2 and League of Legends are big examples of this. And much like those games, Overwatch's story is hidden in an ARG and multiple videos, and that story is actually pretty good.

2: The characters are all highly interesting and unique. Be it personalities, designs or voices, each Overwatch character has their own unique design and abilities that breathe life into who they are. While I'm absolutely in love with Uncharted 4, Nathan Drake is kind of bland aside from his personality. His appearance is generic, his journey is generic and his voice... His voice is done by Nolan North. Nolan North, while an amazing voice actor, has been in enough video games to be a cliche "everybody uses me" actor. Each character in Overwatch is so unique and it adds quite a bit of charm.

3: The game is a blast to play. Much like many other amazing games from this year, Overwatch is a ton of fun to play, and usually fair when you play them. There are so many ways to play, so many play styles, so many characters to choose from and so much life into each map, that the game just fills you with a sense of wonder and adventure. It's really great.

4: The fanbase. This is a weird reason, but if you look at the Overwatch fanbase, you'll see so much amazing and beautiful art, stuff that could blow your mind. Here are some pieces below:

Source: http://jacky5493.deviantart.com/art/Overwatch-608927228

Source: http://art-calavera.deviantart.com/art/Overwatch-team-608789699

Source: http://plank-69.deviantart.com/art/Junkers-Overwatch-562179313

Source: http://krisedge.deviantart.com/art/Widowmaker-Overwatch-Fanart-496894351

Overwatch's fanbase has made such beautiful artwork, better than most things I've ever seen, and such dedication and passion doesn't only reflect how amazing the fans of the game are, but how creative and great the OW team is that they made something so unique that people fell in love.

Overall, did I want Overwatch to win GOTY? No. Dark Souls III, Uncharted 4 and Stardew Valley deserved it much more. But then again, it's not hard to see WHY it won.

• We all knew Konami did something to fuck with Kojima's art. It was only a matter of what.

MichaelBP posted: »

Keighley: Kojima was cut off from team during final six months of MGSV's development "I haven't talked much about that, but it was suc

• hilariousandoriginal.mp4

No, I didn't see the appeal in that game, it looks dull. Overwatch? More like Overrated!

• Nice.

Going back to my Metallica Clementine Avatar with the impending release of A New Frontier.

• edited December 2016

My mom was looking through some stuff the other day and she handed me an album she found.

I cannot make this shit up, it's the Tiptoe Through the Tulips album by Tiny Tim.

I'm horrified, do I burn it?

• I don't know why, but I'm feeling really nostalgic for Tales from the Borderlands out of the blue lately.

• [removed]

• I would like to see if telltale can take a shot at making a Superman series, a Flash, Green Lantern and others. With the GL they can introduce a new Lantern from Earth, and make reference of Hal, John, Kyle and Guy... just thinking about the other heroes

• At least Uncharted 4 won the Best Narrative, Nolan North won the Best Performance and it received the most nominations.

an incomplete multiplayer with no singleplayer gets to win this? Well there are many reasons. 1: Overwatch only has multiplayer b

• Currently baking memes with the new TWD trailer

Why has god forsaken me

• They don't know about zombies? Then why are they hiding? It would be right thing to go and check grandpa's condition.

J-Master posted: »

Nobody really sent her from the looks of it, it seems more likely that everyone is just confused.

• At least we're getting Death Stranding, which looks amazing and I'm buying it day 1... whenever it comes out... probably in 2020.

I think in 6 months they could at least have finished mission 51, and balance the Battle Gear, so that it wouldn't blue ball us with those hype cutscenes, only for it to not be useable in-game. And there wouldn't be micro-transactions. And Konami might not create dummy online accounts with nukes, to make sure players never see the last ending.

We all knew Konami did something to fuck with Kojima's art. It was only a matter of what.

• How is the multiplayer incomplete? And why the hell does it need a singleplayer mode?

• The multiplayer doesn't seem to keep the players playing it over and over again. It's like always the same.

And why the hell does it need a singleplayer mode?

It contains a lot of cutscenes doesn't it? Or is it just the trailers?

How is the multiplayer incomplete? And why the hell does it need a singleplayer mode?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.