The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• While they're at it, they should complain about the lack of Metroid sequels and the fact that there hasn't been a proper Silent Hill HD Collection involving the first four games remastered to ResE HD quality.

Quick, complain that there isn't a second Season of Wolf Among Us! I beg of you!

• After a lot of thinking, I've finally figured out how Konami can perfectly redeem themselves for all the scummy things they've done.

• A proper Silent Hill HD Collection. It must have all 4 games remastered in pristine quality, making it look akin to the Resident Evil 1 and 0 remasters back in 2015/16. Fixing sounds, increasing the visuals while still maintaining what the classic versions looked like, giving it a PC release, fixing all the bugs, getting Guy Cihi, Heather Morris and everyone else to reprise their roles (sadly except for Douglas' voice actor because he passed away before the game's release), and of course adding new bonus stuff like extra costumes, more references to other Konami games and redoing the artwork in the joke endings. They gave some of the Metal Gear Solid games proper remasters, Silent Hill deserves the same.

• A formal apology to Hideo Kojima, along with returning the Fox Engine to him. They don't have to return MGS, but giving him a proper apology with some compensation for his troubles would really help. If they WERE to give him back the rights to MGS, they'd have to allow him to make a Director's Cut.

• Some new Castlevania games. Preferably good ones that are of the side scrolling variety. No further detail needed here, just a Castlevania game that they don't fuck up.

• The cancellation of Metal Gear Survive. Let's face it, Metal Gear Survive is gonna be fucking atrocious and destroy everything Kojima built his franchise to be. One of the best things they can do right now is to scrap MGSurvive, or at the very least make it a cheap DLC pack for The Phantom Pain. This would not only gain back some respect but also give Metal Gear Solid an at least peaceful goodbye instead of a painful one.

• The return of Masahiro Ito and Team Silent for Silent Hill 6. As far as I'm concerned, the main series only has 5 games. Silent Hill 1, 2, 3, 4 and Homecoming. Everything else is either a spin-off or something I want to pretend doesn't exist (Book of Memories). Getting Team Silent as well as Ito back on board for a 6th game in the Silent Hill franchise would be great, and there are so many things they could base it off of. Heather Mason's life after SH3 and how the Order of Valtiel tries to get back at her, a sequel taking place in Henry's Silent Hill, a full on Maria spin off game, a SH2 prequel where Mary and James go to Silent Hill but Mary actually saw the monsters the whole time and has to go through Silent Hill surviving with her sickness, maybe even a whole new character! Silent Hill has so much potential, and to get the old team back on board for Silent Hill 6 would be awesome.

• An apology to fans. It doesn't have to be much, just a short apology to the fans they've betrayed the past few years.

• NO. MORE. PACHNKO MACHINES.

• Silent Hill HD Pachinko. One for each game with beautifully remade cut scenes in the Fox Engine.

• New Castlevania pachinko machine.

• Metal Gear Survive along with a pachinko machine to accompany the release.

• Silent Hill 6 the pachinko machine.

• Did you say MORE pachinko machines?

After a lot of thinking, I've finally figured out how Konami can perfectly redeem themselves for all the scummy things they've done. *

• Goddamn the songs from the Scott Pilgrim movie are so fucking good, especially Threshold. I find myself going back and listening to them every so often.

• I hope they'll put the penguin in it this time.

Menofthe214 posted: »

As someone who's a fan of DC, I'm worried for this new Injustice game coming out. Don't get me wrong, Iv'e played both Mortal Kombat and Inj

• A proper Silent Hill HD Collection. It must have all 4 games remastered in pristine quality, making it look akin to the Resident Evil 1 and 0 remasters back in 2015/16. Fixing sounds, increasing the visuals while still maintaining what the classic versions looked like, giving it a PC release, fixing all the bugs, getting Guy Cihi, Heather Morris and everyone else to reprise their roles (sadly except for Douglas' voice actor because he passed away before the game's release), and of course adding new bonus stuff like extra costumes, more references to other Konami games and redoing the artwork in the joke endings. They gave some of the Metal Gear Solid games proper remasters, Silent Hill deserves the same.

I'd love to see a proper port of the old Silent Hill games. I heard from one review of the god-awful HD Collection that Konami didn't do SH1 because apparently porting PS1 games to modern consoles is hard. Well bullshit, since Resident Evil 1 got a full-on remaster rather than just a port.

Also, I've heard that Silent Hill 4 and Homecoming got a more mixed reception (along with pretty much all of the Silent Hill games following 4). How do the newer games stack up?

After a lot of thinking, I've finally figured out how Konami can perfectly redeem themselves for all the scummy things they've done. *

• Fav movie ever

They're awesome because they were done by Beck!

lupinb0y posted: »

Goddamn the songs from the Scott Pilgrim movie are so fucking good, especially Threshold. I find myself going back and listening to them every so often.

• edited December 2016

Quick, complain that there isn't a second Season of Wolf Among Us! I beg of you!

You mean that fairy tale? What's no doubt an inside joke at Telltale? I bet all you have to say is "Season 2" at the watercooler and everyone bursts out laughing. Water spewing everywhere.

You leave 'em wanting more, Telltale, but not like this! Asking for TWAU2 is like shouting down the Witching Well. But I'll give Telltale credit for at least one thing: creating an anti-Fable that seems to get deader the more people believe in it!

hasn't been a proper Silent Hill HD Collection involving the first four games remastered to ResE HD quality.

Well it's just the kind of thing that I've come to expect from Crapcom. Neglecting its actually fun and creative IPs in order to fuck the Street Fighter chicken to death. It's like they don't want to shut up and take our money. But I am picking up Dead Rising today, uh, I mean, darn it! How dare I.

Ditto Nintendo. Maybe when they're done pleasuring themselves over undersupplying popular items coughmini nescough they'll deign to remind us that there was a time before when we could look forward to something other than Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon.

(How'd I do? Wasn't quick exactly since I had passed out before seeing this but...I could have been more bitter but I've gotta jet off to work)

Dozurany posted: »

Feeling amused after recently complaining about MMX only to see him not only appear in the MvC trailer, but also find out that there’s a Rockman X novelization on the way. I'll be sure to complain more often

• Forum, you and I should go get some tacos.

• Gee, no need to be agressive. I didn't say what I think about the game. I just said what I HEARD. Cough Cough Reviews Cough Cough

You're seriously going to call a game shit based on control and camera flaws? Sonic Adventure has one of the worst cameras in video game his

• Have fun :)

Ekelund21 posted: »

From what I've heard and read, it doesn't seem to be that big of a problem. I'm still buying it.

• Who's ready for mid-terms?!

enter image description here

Let's be honest, is anyone actually ready?

• I don't care about these series anymore.

RichWalk23 posted: »

I'm not a big fan of the Dead Rising series, but even I'm a little baffled at how the fourth game has turned out while I was skimming throug

• Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero finally coming out on the 20th this month.

enter image description here

• edited December 2016

Yeaaah... Sadly none of that will happen because Konami doesn't give a single fuck about their reputation in the gaming industry anymore. They're making the big bucks just off of gamibling machines, mobile games, PES, Yu-gi-oh and fitness clubs.

• School's final exam is done. Time to wait for my report card, and time to enjoy my holiday (Dec 17th-Jan 4th), I know it's fairly short. But hey! Atleast i'll be able to play the premiere of The Walking Dead, also complete my unfinished games in my backlog!

• The person living in the room next to mine has been chanting loudly for the past hour. It's fucking creepy as hell especially in the middle of the night. Every so often the verse changes during the chant but resets after a bit. It's probably some religious thing, or whatever but seriously though it's fucking midnight. The hell you doing this at 1AM for.

Help me please.

• Penguin was in Injustice 1. In the Arkham Asylum stage where you do a transition. Him, The Riddler, Two-Face, and Killer Croc are in it. As for him being a fighter, I don't know if they can do that because he needs to have special attacks and a super move. But if you have an idea for his attacks you can tell me.

Euron posted: »

I hope they'll put the penguin in it this time.

• Have a nasty headache, got a little better after gardening though.

I harvested my red and gold potatoes, they're each nice and plump, thumb sized. A bit smaller than normal, but that's mostly because potatoes don't grow well with the weather we have here.

Also will be moving in 2-4 weeks. Awesome house, very large with 3 acres of wooded land and my own workshop. :D

• Most of my life I've suffered from pretty bad insomnia. It's been a pain to deal with. :/ But, recently I started listening to rain videos on YouTube while I'm curled up in bed. They've been really helping me to relax and fall asleep a little easier. :)

• edited December 2016

Hey guys, I need some help.

So lately, I've been wanting to buy a new computer that's fast enough to run games with good graphics like Alien Isolation, Outlast, etc. Because, if you didn't know, my current one sucks. But sadly, I have no money to get one. BUT, today I thought about selling my PS3 so I can get some money out of it. And I thought I wouldn't need it anymore because I already have a PS4, although I still have some PS3 games.

Should I sell my PS3 or keep it?

It's a hard choice for me, so I need help.

• I wasn't being aggressive towards you exactly, but more of a rant to people who think that way about it in general.

AronDracula posted: »

Gee, no need to be agressive. I didn't say what I think about the game. I just said what I HEARD. Cough Cough Reviews Cough Cough

• Also, I've heard that Silent Hill 4 and Homecoming got a more mixed reception (along with pretty much all of the Silent Hill games following 4). How do the newer games stack up?

SH4 is actually friggin' amazing. It's not the best Silent Hill game but god damn it has some good stuff. Homecoming is more of a love it-hate it kinda game. I personally love it, but there are many flaws that make me see why people don't.

Origins, Shattered Memories, Downpour and Book of Memories however, are all fucking awful and garbage. Shattered Memories being the least bad out of all of them. Comparing them to the older games is no contest.

A proper Silent Hill HD Collection. It must have all 4 games remastered in pristine quality, making it look akin to the Resident Evil 1 and

• edited December 2016

Should I sell my PS3 or keep it?

That depends. If you don't plan to replay any games that are available on PS3 but PS4, you can have it sold. I miss playing Uncharted 2/3 multiplayers, InFamous 1/2, GTA 4, Assassin's Creed 2 etc. though.

Hey guys, I need some help. So lately, I've been wanting to buy a new computer that's fast enough to run games with good graphics like Al

• I got infuriated just reading that joke because honestly, that's what they might do.

lupinb0y posted: »

* Silent Hill HD Pachinko. One for each game with beautifully remade cut scenes in the Fox Engine. * New Castlevania pachinko machine.

• I'd personally sell it if I already had a PS4.

Hey guys, I need some help. So lately, I've been wanting to buy a new computer that's fast enough to run games with good graphics like Al

• They would also probably rehire the Silent Hill team to work on their pachinko mines and they would also send a Metal Gear pachinko to Kojima's house as a huge middle finger to him because Konami is lead by maniacs.

Also in the topic:

I got infuriated just reading that joke because honestly, that's what they might do.

• Well, for the past few months, my phone's power button has ceased to function. Due to its back not being removable, in the event of it shutting off, I would have to invest around an hour doing this weird ritual to turn it on. Well, on Sunday night, my phone finally gave up the battle. The following morning, my PC broke also, and at this point, I'm fairly certain everything on it was lost. Do you guys know what I had on that thing? Hundreds of short stories, poems, journal entries, and typed up analyzations of anything from characters to songs to Shrek, my Lord and Savior. Beautiful photoshops... Well, it was Vista. My technological knowledge is limited, but despite it relatively recently coming into my family's possession, (It was given to us a year and a half ago) I suppose its time was done. All gone. All gone! This is more than mildly upsetting. I'm currently typing on my family's eight year old laptop. Yeah...guess how well this is going. The keyboard is totally top-notch, and it totally doesn't take five minutes to load a page.

On the bright side, I've been watching this amazing informative program called "Hellivision". Let's just say it gives conspiracy theorist a whole new meaning. I cried from laughing multiple times.

• Rumor: From Software is considering porting the Dark Souls Trilogy to the Nintendo Switch, article by Laura Kate Dale.

http://letsplayvideogames.com/2016/12/report-dark-souls-3-running-on-switch-from-software-considering-trilogy-rerelease/

According to one of our sources, From Software has Dark Souls 3 running on the Nintendo Switch with a level of performance they are happy with. They have not committed to releasing it yet, but discussions internally at the company have discussed the financial viability of re releasing the main three Dark Souls titles on the Switch with their DLC bundled in.

• I'm sorry to hear you condition was getting you down, lack of sleep is never a good thing.

Here's hoping you'll find a way to get by.

Most of my life I've suffered from pretty bad insomnia. It's been a pain to deal with. But, recently I started listening to rain videos on YouTube while I'm curled up in bed. They've been really helping me to relax and fall asleep a little easier.

• If you got a PS4, then I say sell it.

• God dammit. It turns out since I've used my PS3 for 3 years, I can get no less than 100 dollars for it.

Well fuck. I'm not getting a new computer anyway.

• My two favorite things: Nintendo and Dark Souls, possibly pulled into one? God dammit, Nintendo! Quit making me love you more!!

MichaelBP posted: »

Rumor: From Software is considering porting the Dark Souls Trilogy to the Nintendo Switch, article by Laura Kate Dale. http://letsplayvid

• MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM... THAT'S SOME ORGASMIC SHIT RIGHT THERE.

• The end of this year has certainly been surreal. So many games in development hell are finally coming out.

MichaelBP posted: »

Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero finally coming out on the 20th this month.

• Hell yeah! That's what I call a necessary remaster.

• Since From is listed as one of the devs supporting the Switch, so it might end up being true. And T2 says Nintendo is really trying to get 3rd party devs on-board this time, so that's good. I'd buy it day 1 anyway for Splat2n, the Mario platformers, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, the next Xeno game/Monolith Soft's next game, Zelda, etc.

My two favorite things: Nintendo and Dark Souls, possibly pulled into one? God dammit, Nintendo! Quit making me love you more!!

• Yeah, FFXV (10 years.... well technically only 3 to 4 years in full production, probably 3 due to the time spent moving over assets to the Luminous Engine), TLG (they started the project back in 2007 I believe) and now Shantae. The Kickstarter could've gotten more funding had most other people not been tricked by the scam that was MN9, and they didn't have.the money to spend on 2 kickstarters at once.

The end of this year has certainly been surreal. So many games in development hell are finally coming out.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.