The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited December 2016

Mods are basically the equivalent of Janitors here. We don't have a say in updating the site, changing code, fixing bugs, etc. We just are given access to moderation tools so that we can flag posts, make sure that people follow the Forum Guidelines, continually work towards glorious World Domination, etc.

We do keep in touch sometimes with the Web Team to give them a heads up over certain issues, but that is about the extent of it.

So I don't know how hard it is to be a mod, or someone on the web team or whatever the fuck, but for christ sake can somebody please fix thi

• Hence why I said "to be a mod, or someone on the web team". I did mention whatever web team there is that manages this site, not just mods. Either way it's still unacceptable that the site has stayed so bad this long now.

Mods are basically the equivalent of Janitors here. We don't have a say in updating the site, changing code, fixing bugs, etc. We just are g

• It's really dumb, I mean you waited a whole month for this what is a few more hours? Also they usually never stay true to their promise of boycotting Telltale anyway :p

dojo32161 posted: »

It's always weird to me how emotions run higher whenever it's on the day of release.

• I've been stuck at 99+ since TWAU ep 4 if that puts how long it's been into perspective, I think that was over 2 years ago :p

So I don't know how hard it is to be a mod, or someone on the web team or whatever the fuck, but for christ sake can somebody please fix thi

• The day I joined mine were 99+.

Green613 posted: »

I've been stuck at 99+ since TWAU ep 4 if that puts how long it's been into perspective, I think that was over 2 years ago

• edited December 2016

WAKE ME UP

• I got charm comin' out my ass.

As does the decomposed rat I found. “Yeah. That's real charming, dad.”

• You crack me up, little buddy.

lupinb0y posted: »

A Telltale episode gets delayed 3-4 months. "Don't worry Telltale we still love you!" A Telltale episode gets delayed a few hours/one day. "Fuck you Telltale you lazy hacks! I'm never buying your games ever again!" RIP

• I'll see you around... Wolf.

enter image description here

Replaying The Wolf Among Us makes me want a second season so bad. :broken_heart:

• I've had my notifications 99+ for a few months. I also got those nsfw disgusting images sent to me. UGH.

• Most girls my age want to have curves and look like women and such.

I looked in the mirror 10 minutes ago and found happiness in the fact that I look like a child.

What the frick is wrong with me. I'm really weird.

• Booked tickets for Rogue One on saturday!

• That's great! My dad and I are going to see it on the 22nd. Can't wait!

Booked tickets for Rogue One on saturday!

• The comments tho

WAKE ME UP

• Im going into it not knowing much about this movie, I wanted this to be a new experience so ive not involved myself in the advertising and trailers. This is gunna be awesome!!

That's great! My dad and I are going to see it on the 22nd. Can't wait!

• edited December 2016

I just finished replaying Resident Evil HD for the 12th time because I love it so much, so here are my pros and cons for it:

PROS

• Creepy atmosphere
    • Great characters
    • Modern controls
    • Amazing puzzles
    • Great voice-acting

CONS

• Clipping problems
    • Richard's development
    • No canon Ending
    • Predictable antagonist
  • Actually there is a canon ending. The canonical ending is the best possible ending in Jill's playthrough.

AronDracula posted: »

I just finished replaying Resident Evil HD for the 12th time because I love it so much, so here are my pros and cons for it: PROS *

• edited December 2016

That's what I thought so, Jill, Chris and Barry all making out alive because there is no clue, mention or appearance of Rebecca in Jill's campaign. But it's still bothering that the actual ending is with Jill, Chris, Barry AND Rebecca making out alive according to a book (Just heard it) and the game never tells us what happened to Barry in Chris' campaign.

Actually there is a canon ending. The canonical ending is the best possible ending in Jill's playthrough.

• The canonical ending is the best possible ending in Jill's playthrough.

The one where she achieves her dreams and becomes a sandwich?

Actually there is a canon ending. The canonical ending is the best possible ending in Jill's playthrough.

• Totally agree. I've only watched one of the trailers. I wanna be surprised (I did the same thing with TFA). I'M SO EXCITED!

Im going into it not knowing much about this movie, I wanted this to be a new experience so ive not involved myself in the advertising and trailers. This is gunna be awesome!!

• edited December 2016

You should blame Barry Ex-Machina for not having this ending.

The canonical ending is the best possible ending in Jill's playthrough. The one where she achieves her dreams and becomes a sandwich?

• edited December 2016

Technically, both Jill AND Chris's best ending are canon. It sets up the fued between Chris and Wesker (I forgot to add that in Chris's ending, Wesker is critically penetrated by Tyrant's claws whereas Wesker just gets bitchslapped by Tyrant's back hand and soon after escapes in Jill's ending. The canon establishing Wesker was killed and was revived by a sample virus he administered before his death). Also with the surviving protagonists coming out alive; Chris, Jill, Barry, and Rebecca.

The main problem I had with Resident Evil 1's way of story telling was that both perspective stories are at the same time canon and non canon considering then and on what happens afterwards. There's not much to differentiate between the truth and the false. The game just feels so much more loose on continuity compared to it's other titles. It's questionable for how many of the scenes actually played out. Neither playable characters was actually imprisoned also. This is why I favor Resident Evil 2's way of story telling over the first one, at least there's so much more ways to know what's canon and not depending on the story path. Even Resident Evil 3 had a much better way of telling what really happened.

• Not quite, she rescues Chris and Barry after Wesker escapes and they leave the mansion to explode.

The canonical ending is the best possible ending in Jill's playthrough. The one where she achieves her dreams and becomes a sandwich?

• That's kinda why Jill's ending is canon. Rebecca's current status is really up in the air, we don't know what happened to her and it's better we didn't because even if she died, Zero capped it off quite nicely. We know Barry survives because not only is he in the canon ending of ResE 3, but he's also in ResE Revelations 2 which is also canon, meaning they got Barry out. Jill's story also seems the most fleshed out and she seems like the most important character in the main ResE storyline, ResE 5 gave us more of an idea that it was Chris' turn to save Jill from the mind bullshit that Umbrella put her through.

That's what I thought so, Jill, Chris and Barry all making out alive because there is no clue, mention or appearance of Rebecca in Jill's ca

• edited December 2016

I mentioned in a comment above how Jill's ending works a bit better in the canon than Chris' ending. So I don't quite want to type it again in a different format so I apologize. If it doesn't bother you too much you can read it if you would like, or don't, your choice.

EDIT: Just saw your edits and I didn't know that Wesker had supposedly died and become ressurected. However I feel it makes more sense that he was knocked and escaped than impaled like Chris' ending implied, because I don't care whether you're Wesker or the fuckin' tooth fairy. Nobody could be penetrated through the torso AND survive an explosion long enough to revive themselves with some virus. I think whatever Tyrant did in Jill's ending must have hurt him really bad, and the blast from the explosion was enough to require him needing revival.

Technically, both Jill AND Chris's best ending are canon. It sets up the fued between Chris and Wesker (I forgot to add that in Chris's endi

• I read it, I'll just respond to it here.

Rebecca's current status is really up in the air, we don't know what happened to her and it's better we didn't because even if she died, Zero capped it off quite nicely.

Well, Rebecca was confirmed to star in Resident Evil Vendetta, a film which is most definitely canon (I heard that she was also in a Japanese Resident Evil play as well, but I dunno if that play was canon or not). Capcom is just being super quiet about her involvement. Granted, Capcom did overlook so many characters' existence by hardly mentioning them, which doesn't help any, in this case Rebecca's.

Alright I gotta go, I just realized my computer time is a bit overtime rn.

I mentioned in a comment above how Jill's ending works a bit better in the canon than Chris' ending. So I don't quite want to type it again

• Question: Does Rebecca come back in the next sequels? I know she is in RE Zero.

That's kinda why Jill's ending is canon. Rebecca's current status is really up in the air, we don't know what happened to her and it's bette

• I'm sure he was just joking. :P

Not quite, she rescues Chris and Barry after Wesker escapes and they leave the mansion to explode.

• Nope.

Question: Does Rebecca come back in the next sequels? I know she is in RE Zero.

• edited December 2016

So Resident Evil Zero will be just about Rebecca's story. It's still confusing me though.

Nope.

• I should never have taken a stupid film class. It's interesting and stuff, but I just realized that it's actually a lot more work than I was expecting? I have to do a storyboard and an essay and take an exam by tomorrow at 3PM, like what in the fuck, I really underestimated the time I would lose with this humanities class lol

• I really feel like punching a hole in someone's face. I dunno why, I just do.

• What a time to be alive, Anthrax just announced a US tour with Killswitch Engage an they'll be playing in Silver Spring, Maryland in April. So many bands and concerts to see

1. Breaking Benjamin in January
    2. Billy Joel in March
    3. Anthrax/Killswitch Engage and Sabaton in April
    4. Metallica said they're going to tour the US sometime in May
    5. Hopefully Avenged Sevenold will follow and announce some dates

These next few months are going to be great.

• @AronDracula

I think you'll like this.

• edited December 2016

Zero is about the STARS Bravo team which Alpha team went looking for in Resident Evil. That's the simple way to put it since the cinematic in RE sets that up. Zero obviously decided to expand that story. There is still a massive gap in story between Zero and Resident Evil which was later filled in with short episodes that came with another game(one I've never owned and have only seen playthrough of them). Unfortunately, I do not remember which game that was.

Edit: Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles was the game that filled in the gap.

So Resident Evil Zero will be just about Rebecca's story. It's still confusing me though.

• Omid's catOmid's cat Banned
    edited December 2016

What's wrong with US presidents? Why can't a decent american working man meet his president while for this douche doors are always open?! Is it again because of money? Is he "the face", spokesman of black community? Ah, FU Trump, loneliest president ever!

enter image description here

• You can be salty all you want but for a memelord like me seeing Donald Trump and Kanye West say they're friends and standing together makes me rock hard.

Omid's cat posted: »

What's wrong with US presidents? Why can't a decent american working man meet his president while for this douche doors are always open?! Is

• edited December 2016

This was one of the first Nostalgia Critic videos I didn't like. Not because it was positive talk on the prequels because I do that frequently. It's because his "good things" were mostly bullshit imo

@AronDracula I think you'll like this.

• edited December 2016

Don't judge me. This song was part of my childhood.

EDIT: For some reason I thought this was the "What are you listening to thread". What the fuck brain.

• Yeah, like the "Jar Jar annoyance decreases through each movie" and other stuff like that.

This was one of the first Nostalgia Critic videos I didn't like. Not because it was positive talk on the prequels because I do that frequently. It's because his "good things" were mostly bullshit imo

Sign in to comment in this discussion.