The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I thought Jane looked terrible, but Kenny was really great, no complaints about that.

• I loved episode 1 as well, but yeah, how they handled the endings was fucking awful, a giant middle finger to everyone. 2 years to work on it and this is what they did, I expected more, way more.

Well I actually enjoyed episode 1. But each to their own. But like everyone else, the flashback was stupid. But I'm not one to get hung up, time to move on

• I'm just going to say it now, if Gabe goes anywhere near my Clementine or tries anything, I will cut off his fucking dick. Seriously, if they're building something between those two, Telltale better give me a goddamn say in the matter.

• edited December 2016

So when is the background gonna change? it feels so lustless and emotionless

• I'll choose [Punch Him] right when it pops out with no mercy.

• It better not

I don't see it happening.

• Make it a throat punch, and you got yourself a deal. :)

He's not going anywhere near her.

AronDracula posted: »

I'll choose [Punch Him] right when it pops out with no mercy.

• Tracer's gay, Widowtracer's dead, The forum is up-in-arms about ANF... Jesus fuck it's complete fucking anarchy on the internet.

• I'm hoping to someday. :P We celebrated our one year together a month ago.

Did you marry him?

• Have you played Giant's Shadow yet? I haven't since I don't have Premium and didn't preorder but I didn't need those to use the crossbow, which I really like and have gotten a bunch of kills with (frag version). I will probably play it soon though.

BigBlindMax posted: »

Got season 3 all loaded up. Just gotta wait for work to end and appear offline so my friends don't guilt-trip me into a Battlefield session.

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited December 2016

[removed]

• BIG TIME SPOILERS AHEAD. I WARNED YOU.

Well, I'm done with the first two episodes and I gotta say, I'm liking it. My impressions so far.

POSITIVES

• The overall quality of writing is a huge step up from Season Two.

• The characters are much more likable and easy to get invested in this time around.

• The twists were shocking. "Surprise, headshot!"

• I quite liked Clem's characterization, though my Clem was headed towards being a loner throughout S2 so YMMV.

NEGATIVES

• The flashbacks suck, I imagine it's worse for those who didn't go it alone after the end of S2. I remember after Episode 5, I was saying they were gonna have problems with those endings.

• The game (particularly Episode 2) is a bit of a lemon on Xbox One. The scene at the Prescott gate lagged to almost game breaking levels, some other portions lagged too. There were also a lot of flashing textures in the second half. This really needs to be patched and I'll bring it up in the support forums when I get a chance.

• Very little playable Clem.

• AJ's character model creeps me the fuck out.

• Wherever you go;
    Whatever you do;
    Richard Marx will be right there to lay a beating on you.

• @BigBlindMax

You'll probably enjoy this.

I'm writing a series of papers in response to the problems prevalent in my high school to see if we can't acknowledge these on a larger scale and try to find solutions. My first one was inspired by a circlejerk of a article in my school paper, my response (which was over 1100 words) was widely received as good by those who read it. I didn't try to do personal attacks against the student being praised, the student writer, or the paper which made the paper be able to stand on its own, hell, if I didn't tell people why I wrote it then they couldn't have guessed.

However, students apart of the paper got upset which only helped me. So, I'm writing several more papers and hoping to release them to the student body to see if I can't promote change in my school.

• I won(nothing)!

• Johro posted: »

I won(nothing)!

• They both looked crappy in my opinion, there was a camera angle when Kenny was looking at Aj that did look alot better. I guess its all in the angles .-.

I thought Jane looked terrible, but Kenny was really great, no complaints about that.

• When he started talking to Clem, I was like:

• This was my reaction (skip to 3:31)

bloop posted: »

When he started talking to Clem, I was like:

• My reaction:

This was my reaction (skip to 3:31)

• There were also a lot of flashing textures in the second half. This really needs to be patched and I'll bring it up in the support forums when I get a chance.

I thought I was the only one who got that.

• Cool! Keep agitatin'. Anything in particular you're trying to change?

@BigBlindMax You'll probably enjoy this. I'm writing a series of papers in response to the problems prevalent in my high school to see

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited December 2016

Yeah I think it's an XB1 thing.

Menofthe214 posted: »

There were also a lot of flashing textures in the second half. This really needs to be patched and I'll bring it up in the support forums when I get a chance. I thought I was the only one who got that.

• Nah, not yet. I'm not premium and was playing a bit of Operations today. I look forward to it, though I heard its imbalanced toward Germany.

Have you played Giant's Shadow yet? I haven't since I don't have Premium and didn't preorder but I didn't need those to use the crossbow, which I really like and have gotten a bunch of kills with (frag version). I will probably play it soon though.

• Well, my original paper was over the mental health in my school and the lack of appreciation a large amount of the student body gets for trying their hardest while we give an overwhelming amount to people who deserve it but not that much. We glorify some people and say fuck the rest, it pisses me off. I have already written two more and am currently on my third (Having started writing everything about 5 days ago with each paper over 1000 words at least). The second is about the necessity of relationships in high school, both romantic and platonic along with rivalry and competition. The third is about the negative status behind attention and the lengths people go through to try and get the basic human need of just being noticed (For example self-harm or reckless behavior). The one I'm on right now is about how the strong hold over our student representation is hurting the student body, primarily the writers of the school paper who are lacking the skill of accepting and adapting from criticism.

I have a bit of a line up based on our exposure to media, the discipline promoted by the school and student actions, and finally trust. Unless I don't receive anymore recommendations from my contacts and friends then I'll write one last paper entitled growth and pride which will mainly be about how high school is where we grow and the lack of acknowledgment is allowing us to squander and harm our time there.

I don't know my real goal, it's to help people I suppose, open up people's eyes a bit and allow us a platform to propose solutions.

BigBlindMax posted: »

Cool! Keep agitatin'. Anything in particular you're trying to change?

• edited December 2016

You know, I'm going to stay away from the internet after I get back from seeing a new Star Wars movie otherwise it just becomes a circle jerk of hyperbolic polarizing opinions on comment sections and I get frustrated.

• [removed]

• Love is an act of blood;
    And I'm bleeding;
    A pool in the shape of a heart.

• Decided to dip a toe in the Walking Dead forum and... nope.

Too many people acting like self-entitled 13 year olds... including a mod.
    I'm staying here. No wonder the devs don't come around here no mo'.

I also miss the days when the game part of a game is what really mattered. Not... everything else.
    There. I said it. I'm done with it. I'm moving on.

• So like, is there a way to mute notifications from a thread? Not that I don't want to handle any backlash but I'd rather not end up with an unfixable 99+ notification bar from the shit-tier thread I've created.

• Uh... I think I will side with @BigBlindMax on this. That's pretty serious. ._. You should get this looked at.

joshua007 posted: »

Ooh God I have been sick since Saturday or Sunday now. I sleep now almost every three hours (wish I was on school doing that) I have it rea

• Tracer's gay, Widowtracer's dead,

Doesn't stop the artists from doing what they like most. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Tracer's gay, Widowtracer's dead, The forum is up-in-arms about ANF... Jesus fuck it's complete fucking anarchy on the internet.

• What kind of problems are occurring at your school?

Also heyo, Golden. Long time no see!

@BigBlindMax You'll probably enjoy this. I'm writing a series of papers in response to the problems prevalent in my high school to see

• edited December 2016

I do really sympathize with the developers and such for the backlash. It always makes you feel sick to see something you put effort in get a widely negative feedback (and when people say "absolutely no effort" it makes me want to whack them in the back of the head cuz that's ignorant). This is something I fear, going into what I'm about to enter next year (I'm very nervous for next year but I gotta try).

HOWEVER we cannot just disregard all the criticisms just because we feel differently about something (okay some are ridiculous and just spiteful but a lot of others have good points). Doing so is a reckless thing to do, most especially in a creator's standpoint. Telltale did make some very poor decisions (in my opinion), it's always important to accept both the positive and the negative criticisms, the ones with meaning anyway.

Johro posted: »

Decided to dip a toe in the Walking Dead forum and... nope. Too many people acting like self-entitled 13 year olds... including a mod. I

• I'm really late to this but--

*i never bothered googling or reading anything about batman telltale PC quality and impulsively bought it after completing ANF with my intel 7 laptop and couldn't complete most of episode one because of how terribly laggy it was. what the heck. I just want batman. *

• I don't think you can. And I have a 99+ notification bar for two years thanks to a thread I made. You get used to it. xD

So like, is there a way to mute notifications from a thread? Not that I don't want to handle any backlash but I'd rather not end up with an unfixable 99+ notification bar from the shit-tier thread I've created.

• Think I'm gonna take a short break, I'm giving myself a slight headache regarding my two statements from both yesterday and today. heh Also, I spoiled myself a bit of the game due to temptation despite what I said earlier. I feel like I'm filled with irony due to conflicting emotions recently. So... see ya for a bit!

• Ooh yeah- Deeply Lee man voice

Tracer's gay, Widowtracer's dead, Doesn't stop the artists from doing what they like most. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.