The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• See you later!

Think I'm gonna take a short break, I'm giving myself a slight headache regarding my two statements from both yesterday and today. heh Also,

• Pretty cool! Just make sure you space it up well. Don't wanna dump too much info on people at once. I like to write when the inspiration hits, then put it on the back burner and let it marinate for a while before going back and revising it.

Well, my original paper was over the mental health in my school and the lack of appreciation a large amount of the student body gets for try

• Me serving on the internet mortal kombat theme song
    ''Aah this shit is so good and the comment sections-'' discovers the second theme OMFG THIS IS LIVE CHANGING WHEN I HAVE CHILDREN I FORCE THEM TO LISTEN TO THIS

• Cherry Coke is literally the best thing on this planet.

Didn't know people who liked DP were in a minority! But, yeah, I like DP and also Cherry Coke.

• see ya m8

Think I'm gonna take a short break, I'm giving myself a slight headache regarding my two statements from both yesterday and today. heh Also,

• Yeah, I noped the fuck outta there pretty quickly when I checked it yesterday.

Godspeed, Blind_Sniper, InGen and all the other mods. You're gonna have an interesting few months ahead, I think.

Johro posted: »

Decided to dip a toe in the Walking Dead forum and... nope. Too many people acting like self-entitled 13 year olds... including a mod. I

• Every time I open a card from someone I worry about glitter.

• I know right. I try to make it clear that if they're going to get me a card, don't get one with glitter on it, that shit's impossible to get off.

Every time I open a card from someone I worry about glitter.

• I lost my USB pen drive somewhere and now I can't reinstall my OS for a clean boot. That's a first world problem, right?

• lets get sum pusi 2niteee

• including a mod.

Wait, what?

Decided to dip a toe in the Walking Dead forum and... nope. Too many people acting like self-entitled 13 year olds... including a mod. I

• Yep, Wednesday is a classic pulling night.

lets get sum pusi 2niteee

• New trailer for Dontnod's upcoming game, Vampyr. No firm release date yet.

• Welp. Jeffery Koval and Nick Nocturne both reblogged a shitpost I made. My two fucking role models gave me attention. My life is officially complete and any good thing from here on out that can happen to me means nothing.

• You should get the comment of the year award.

lets get sum pusi 2niteee

• I was looking forward to the last guardian so after release I checked the game length, its a little over ten hours and there are loads of threads were people are actually insulting other, its like a flame war between people that like long games and people that like short games these guys are making full blown personal attacks over it its shocking they're saying things like only jobless idiots like long games like skyrim because of the amount of time you need to put in and the repetitive nature of rpgs and people that like short cinematic games aren't gamers because they are so linear. People that like value for money are obviously poor, people that dont mind expensive games with short play times are living out of their parents pocket or dont have responsibilities ect ect I didnt know where to post this but I wanted a to get it off my chest

• Increasing rates of mental illness, lack of proper attention and respect towards peers.

The normal high school stuff.

What kind of problems are occurring at your school? Also heyo, Golden. Long time no see!

• Well, I can't let people see until we go back and I can release it. I'm kind of thinking about releasing them together, a kind of pamphlet, like the Federalist Papers.

BigBlindMax posted: »

Pretty cool! Just make sure you space it up well. Don't wanna dump too much info on people at once. I like to write when the inspiration hits, then put it on the back burner and let it marinate for a while before going back and revising it.

• So, Gabe and Clem....

enter image description here

• I really like Clem and Javier's character designs in ANF to be honest. Might make some doodles with them later.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited December 2016

Maybe he was referring to me making sarcastic jokes a couple times? I mean, I skimmed through most mod profiles out of curiosity and only saw my jokes as really standing out. I would not say "self-entitled" but they were kinda jokey. If so, he can openly say and I would not be offended. Rather, I would just respond - I sometimes make jokes, not out of legitimate and mean spirited snarkiness but rather just to lighten the mood in threads that seem overly cynical or a bit fixated on something that is on the smaller side of things in the long run.

https://telltale.com/community/discussion/comment/2662497#Comment_2662497

https://telltale.com/community/discussion/comment/2661663#Comment_2661663 (Scroll up to first post for context)

If he was not talking about me, then suits me as to what else could've happened.

papai46 posted: »

including a mod. Wait, what?

• Yeah, I'm not looking forward to it. Is it bad that I hope Clem dies so that some portion of the more toxic users stop feeling as motivated to come back?

BigBlindMax posted: »

Yeah, I noped the fuck outta there pretty quickly when I checked it yesterday. Godspeed, Blind_Sniper, InGen and all the other mods. You're gonna have an interesting few months ahead, I think.

• I should've gone to bed hours ago, but instead I stay up to browse the Telltale forum because I have no self-control.

• Join the club.

Ekelund21 posted: »

I should've gone to bed hours ago, but instead I stay up to browse the Telltale forum because I have no self-control.

• I will gleefully burn down any shipping threads people try to make of those two:

bloop posted: »

So, Gabe and Clem....

• Have you been reading my journal?

I should've gone to bed hours ago, but instead I stay up to browse the Telltale forum because I have no self-control.

• enter image description here

I will gleefully burn down any shipping threads people try to make of those two:

• ...and here I am, on an island, thinking that it would be kind of cute...

Please don't burn me.

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited December 2016

It's part of my job description that doesn't exist technically speaking.

• enter image description here

...and here I am, on an island, thinking that it would be kind of cute... Please don't burn me.

• ...and here I am, on an island, thinking that it would be kind of cute... Please don't burn me.

• Hey look! A reply!

• Oh my god, I am back... Sort of...

This is mainly to the people that might've been wondering where I am, since I used to be here all day everyday. So, @TheAutisticGamer, @ClemyClooAndBabyBoo, and all the other people I talk to.

I won't say much, I'll just say that I am still alive, and am going through a lot right now but I'm okay.

I won't be able to be on here much because I don't have internet at home anymore but I'll come here every now and then.

And OH MY GOD I CANT BELIEVE I MISSED THE PREMIER OF THE WALKING DEAD A NEW FRONTIER AND ITS TRAILERS!!!

I'll be able to get TWD: ANF after Christmas, so I'll join the discussions then. And by the way, it looks AMAZING.

Well, that's all for now, bye.

• Good luck on your adventure that is life.

Acheive250 posted: »

Oh my god, I am back... Sort of... This is mainly to the people that might've been wondering where I am, since I used to be here all day

• Thanks, it's been hard.

Good luck on your adventure that is life.

• Welp, I hope you're doing okay and I'm glad you're back.

Also, don't get your hopes too much up for ANF. The episodes as a whole aren't half bad and have some strong points outside of a lot of writing decisions, but there's gonna be one scene that might make or break the entire episode for you.

Acheive250 posted: »

Oh my god, I am back... Sort of... This is mainly to the people that might've been wondering where I am, since I used to be here all day

• edited December 2016

So I went back to play Season Two for a bit (which I now I definitely appreciate a bit more but still despise) and holy fucking shit people were right, Jane and Kenny look much better in Season Two than ANF. Fucking christ man. I mean, Kenny isn't horrible but Jane... jesus man... I'm super sorry if I said anything about them actually looking good because fucking hell.

Why does everyone else look so good but the two of them (and Edith) don't? I mean, it could be laziness on Telltale's part since they're basically 3 minute cameos, but there's gotta be more to it than that. Despite my hatred for the new season, every single thing is so beautiful in this game and the character models look great, so clearly it wasn't laziness. Maybe they just tried to port the model to the newer/updated engine instead of making new models. I dunno man.

EDIT: I thought since just in case people might not believe me or agree, or they haven't seen the OG models in a while, I'd make a more detailed description. Why not? It's 12 AM, my life is going nowhere and all my friends are out of town. Could be good to do this while I have time.

Let's start with what, to many people, is one of the best characters in TWD. Kenny.

SEASON 2

A NEW FRONTIER

Here you can see there's a lot more emotion and detail in his face from last season. There are marks everywhere that indicate he's an old man grizzled by the apocalypse without making his beard look to grey or cartoon like. It still maintains that comic book feel while still being able to portray emotion through his stares. This is the face of a man who has suffered, who thinks about ending his own life every day. I especially love the blood on his bandage and around his eye. There's a lot of detail.

However, in this season, everything looks pretty flat. His beard looks like something I would draw in MSPaint, the detail and emotion in his face are gone, the blood has gotten to a cartoon like amount and looks blurred and not good at all and his entire body looks like it's in a constant state of motion blur or at least on a lower pixel count. Yes his redesign does look good and the shading is crazy fantastic, but it's overshadowed by the poor quality in the model overall. The undershirt is definitely more detailed though.

Let's continue with Jane.

SEASON 2

A NEW FRONTIER

Yeaaahhh, a lot of people weren't happy with this one. And looking back on it, neither was I. Now before we get into the flaws and the good things about the older one, I feel that there's quite a bit of hatred for this design, so let me list some positives. The emotion in her face is still there, granted it's a bit more stilted, but you can feel the emotion that she emits from her facial expressions. Now her voice actor definitely had a part in how emotional her talk with Clem was for her, and whoever Jane's voice actor deserves some cookies for that great performance, but you can still see the pain in her face from the animations alone. I also like to briefly mention that her attire looks fucking astounding and very detailed in this new engine, so the graphic designers should give themselves a pat on the back for that one.

Now let's get to the original. The original was very detailed, it stood out, it was grimey, it was the look of a skilled veteran in the apocalypse. While there was far less detail than Kenny's look, you also have to remember Kenny is far older and had a pretty fucked up eye, so him having more detail was required to portray his face properly, so Jane's face is still pretty detailed in general. You can see the marks of her stress as well as some possible healed scars on her face from past scuffles with the undead. Her hair and head shape looked great as well.

The ANF version has a lot of flaws, some major, some not so much. Jane's eyes for starters are a lot darker and it's harder to see her pupils, which is a minor problem but it makes her seem like a hell spawn. Her hair is also really weirdly animated and kinda falls flat, but again, minor issue. The big issues come with the head shape and the face. Here she looks plastic, there's far less detail and she looks like she just got out of the shower and is on her way to work as a business woman. She does not look like someone who has been in the apocalypse at all, but instead someone who's just... been.

Another huge issue is her head shape. It looks really odd and nothing like her original head shape at all. Her previous one was more muscular and realistic, but this one looks more akin to a cartoon character or something from the first few volumes of the Walking Dead comic book series. Not to say the head shape looks bad but it just isn't Jane. From some angles it's not noticable at all, but from others it begins to become a glaring issue. The fact that she has lipstick now doesn't help either. She just doesn't look like Jane, and that especially pisses me off because I loved Jane in Season Two, she was one of the few saving graces that season had and a welcome addition on a writing level and a level of just how badass she is and how her fighting style mirrors Clementine's. So this redesign plus the unfortunate... scene, that she gets. Is pretty upsetting.

Now I would go into detail about Edith, but she basically has the same issues as Jane's new design was. The point is, ANF looks godly and better than a lot of Telltale games, but honestly, Jane, Kenny and Edith are huge issues both writing wise and design wise.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.