The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• May the force be with her.

Welp, Carrie Fisher died. For fuck's sake man, this year is a nightmare.

• You're right, you shouldn't.

dojo32161 posted: »

Guess I shouldn't admit to you how I've loved Nickelback since I was a kid.

• Yeah, and with her family as well.

AronDracula posted: »

May the force be with her.

• It's hard as fuck. Rogue One is the last movie I saw Carrie. 2016 took R2-D2 and Leia from us. We don't even know if Mark Hamill will survive until the last movie of the sequel trilogy.

Yeah, and with her family as well.

• edited December 2016

I just finished replaying the entire campaign in Batman: Arkham Asylum in 8 hours AND one sitting.

• I just drank 4 bottles of Mountain Dew Pitch Black.......

• edited December 2016

How the hell do I post pictures from my photo album to the selfie thread? I'm considering to finally reveal myself. I have an IPhone 7 if that helps.

• You need imgur or something similar

How the hell do I post pictures from my photo album to the selfie thread? I'm considering to finally reveal myself. I have an IPhone 7 if that helps.

• Yesterday afternoon was great I had a long bath with a lush bath bomb followed by a face mask while drinking a baileys hot chocolate and toking a doob, I was so relaxed I took a nap and woke up at 3.30am completly refreshed so now my sleep schedule is completly out of whack its annoying as fuck but feels totally worth it.

• Everything from 2014-2016 has been shitty. At least we can appreciate Carrie's work one last time when Episode VIII comes out.

Rest In Peace, Carrie Fisher. I feel like the other half of my childhood just died (the first half died with Alan Rickman). I'm not sure this shitty year can get any worse, but I'm sure it will.

• edited December 2016

When it comes to trusting people, watch their actions more than their words. People can say whatever they want, and most people will say all the right things in order to paint themselves in the best light.

But if their actions contradict their words, don't ignore it! In the end people's actions will always reveal who they really are. That's why the old saying is true: "What you do defines who and what you are."

Therefore, take everything everyone says with a grain of salt. Unless someone has given you proof that they can be trusted, never ever just take what they say at face-value. Never!

And even then, don't believe every single word that comes out of their mouth, because many people, and this is especially true for women; no offense intended, will lie by omission.

And here's something else, if someone keeps telling you about how honest they are, that's when a huge warning flag should go up that this person is probably highly full of shit, because people who are truly honest don't feel a need to brag about it.

Same thing goes when a person says: "I have nothing to hide", because people with nothing to hide don't generally feel a need to say so.

Your trust is not something that you should just freely give, otherwise you put yourself at risk for ending up in a world of hurt. Rather it is something that people should have to work long and hard for. So it's generally always a good rule of thumb to play your cards close to your chest!

Anything personal can be used against you, so be very careful about what you say, and what you do. Knowledge is power. And if you do not have power over them, then they have power over you.

George Washington had a saying, when it came to trusting people: "Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence."

• Heard the news myself yesterday, goddamnit. She was recovering! v.v RIP Carrie.

Welp, Carrie Fisher died. For fuck's sake man, this year is a nightmare.

• So yesterday I kinda realized the Legend of Korra complete series boxset I got was unneeded. I completely forgotten I already had all four separate box sets in the first place. xD So now I gotta return, thankfully I never opened it and have the receipt. Secondly, I played Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition that I got for Christmas. I was nervous it would crash like the other, but thankfully it never crashed! I finished the first town with no crashes when I was playing it for 2 hours! Woo.

• I still need to watch LoK and Avatar. Everyone else my age grew up watching those shows!

So yesterday I kinda realized the Legend of Korra complete series boxset I got was unneeded. I completely forgotten I already had all four s

• Not the only one who fell behind, I never finished Avatar when I used to watch it. But I'm gonna reach the end one day!

I still need to watch LoK and Avatar. Everyone else my age grew up watching those shows!

• edited December 2016

I almost forgot to post these lmao, this is stuff I've been practicing on so it'll be different from the usual sketches.

enter image description here

So yeah, whenever I go out of the house, I end up practice on things I'm not familiar with for the most part. Here are some hands (sometimes I mess up), trees (I was never good at trees, but I finally got the hang of it), buildings, practice on reflections, mountains, a building, and Rukia Kuchiki. xD A lot of these come from either things I see in real life, including my Bleach, Dragon Ball and Naruto books.

Oh and there are some trees that are original, such as the bottom left corner one. I'm real proud of that one!

Here we have a dozen landscape and building sketches I practiced on with my Dragon Ball, Bleach, and Naruto books along with some sketches I thought up myself. Oh and a street I was looking at during the fall season.

Okay so this is a bit of a hint to a character in the manga I'm gonna do. She has wings, so I needed to get real good with wings if I'm gonna give it my all! This is practice I've done with the use of google images of... well, birds.

• I'll take it.

So yesterday I kinda realized the Legend of Korra complete series boxset I got was unneeded. I completely forgotten I already had all four s

• You should. I was like you, I grew up with the original Avatar series, but I never really got into it, I only watched it for the first time in full over the summer. Avatar is easily one of the greatest shows I have ever seen, quite possibly one of the greatest shows of all time. LoK, while not as good, is still amazing in its own right and a worthy successor to Avatar. Just stay away from the live action movie.

I still need to watch LoK and Avatar. Everyone else my age grew up watching those shows!

• I'm downloading Doom right now.

• Somebody linked this to me. I thought it was awesome.

• edited December 2016

Shit! I forgot to spoiler tag my discussion and it won't let me edit. Quickly, I need a way to edit it. Help! O___O

EDIT: Ok then.

• Reading the Final Fantasy XV/Versus XIII leakd development and cut story info like

So according to the leak, Versus XIII/Nomura's XV would've featured:

• children murdering other children because of voices in their heads
    • yakuza offering familiars as sacrifices in order to gain powers
    • blood spilling enemies
    • murdered girls coming back from the death as beautifully designed female characters
    • people hurting themselves in order to view ghosts
    • an entire nation worshipping the idea of death
    • dog puppies that would transform into merciless ninjas
  • I finally created a tumblr!!!!!!!!

• go back go back go back

I finally created a tumblr!!!!!!!!

• You know your advice is extremely subjective and will only work for a small portion of people, right?

Kenny/Lee posted: »

When it comes to trusting people, watch their actions more than their words. People can say whatever they want, and most people will say all

• I'm playing Doom right now. I feel like a badass when I play it. But the story sucks ass.

• RUN. RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN.

• GUESS WHO got a late Christmas present from the ONE AND only

enter image description here enter image description here

Can we take a moment to appreciate Telltale's packaging skills? It's a crushed box. I wouldn't even have thought of this. Who's the mastermind, @mostlypoptarts ?

Ok let's cut to the chase...

God they're so glossy and pretty. They also gave me a surprise steam code which to my knowledge, most others didn't receive. :o too nice

I'm thinking of giving it away though since I already own the game. I only play on PS4 so I'm not sure how steam works. If I can I'll make an alt steam account, redeem the code on the extra account, then give the password to the account to a few selected trust worthy people and they can play it from the account. Hopefully that's possible.

Anyway, ya'll can't imagine how happy I am. Telltale probably made this the best Christmas ever, honestly. Couldn't thank them enough. Can't wait to frame them! Thanks again @Telltalegames

• edited December 2016

Criticizing the story in a game like Doom is like criticizing the Harry Potter series because doesn't have any guns and utilizes magic. Doom is violent, gore-filled, bloody action that's supposed to be like a dumb action flick. It's not a story game. And not every game even needs a strong narrative to stand on it's own.

I'm playing Doom right now. I feel like a badass when I play it. But the story sucks ass.

• edited December 2016

Doom was never about the story though, it's always been about feeling like a badass.

Besides, I was actually glad they didn't bother to tell much of a story. Better than telling some shitty cliché fps story imo.

I'm playing Doom right now. I feel like a badass when I play it. But the story sucks ass.

• edited December 2016

Well, I didn't say it should have a great story. Sorry, it's my first time playing a Doom game.

Criticizing the story in a game like Doom is like criticizing the Harry Potter series because doesn't have any guns and utilizes magic. Doom

• That's really cool, congrats.

GUESS WHO got a late Christmas present from the ONE AND only Can we take a moment to appreciate Telltale's packaging skills? It's

• noice

I almost forgot to post these lmao, this is stuff I've been practicing on so it'll be different from the usual sketches. So yeah, whe

• this oppresses me so much i'm shaking rn

• edited December 2016

derp, truly.

• WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY EMOJIS?

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

derp, truly.

• edited December 2016

I just got all the Riddler challenges in Batman: Arkham Asylum. Again. So I have 84% completion.

• I have a problem. After finishing chapter 2, I pressed continue and game says "Content still pending install, please wait". I'm waiting and nothing happens

MichaelBP posted: »

Doom was never about the story though, it's always been about feeling like a badass. Besides, I was actually glad they didn't bother to tell much of a story. Better than telling some shitty cliché fps story imo.

• dog puppies that would transform into merciless ninjas

DOOD WHY WOULD THEY CUT THAT?

MichaelBP posted: »

Reading the Final Fantasy XV/Versus XIII leakd development and cut story info like So according to the leak, Versus XIII/Nomura's XV

Sign in to comment in this discussion.