0x887A0004 potential solution & Nvidia 1000m Laggy with laptops. Including incompatible hardware

MicahMoo11MicahMoo11 Banned
edited January 2017 in General Chat

Wright Micah^ Rough (examples of incompatible hardware & writing revisions) Build 294 Telltale Community (Windows Vista)

For people running intel hd graphics there do work on walking dead new frontier. i strongly advised intel haswell with processor i5 or bitter
Those work but extremely unstable intel hd graphics 3000. With this graphics card your get Unknown error 0x887A004 (directX)

This is basely telling the user that internet explorer 11 or kb2670838 is installed. (Only for windows 7). That the hardware is simply not compatible. Windows 8 & above already has DirectX 11.1 installed in the os. that kb2670838 brings Direct 3d 11.1 to windows 7 & windows server 2008 r2.

This Unknown error 0x887A004 (directX) means that The users graphics card does not support direct3d feature levels 11.1. telltale clams it is 11.0 however it is not at all true. It is causing all kinds of confusions. like places from steam.
This error usefully shows up when the user has a fully complacence Direct 3d 10 like Intel hd graphics 3000 & some low in intel hd graphics 4000 that only supports DirectX 11 with no 11.1 support,
For this cases, you can not play games after telltale batman. Contacting telltale support won't help you at all or very little. The graphics card is under powered. The only thing you can do is try to upgrade to the latest card from the manufacture website. Even if you do it. it is highly not likely to fix the problem. more so on laptops when companies are phasing out of an alarming rate on dedicated graphics.

This solution is extremely whiskey. This is for windows 8 & above (not windows 7 or vista) to force run it on DirectX 3D 10.1
this solution might not work with all users. That you might encountered major frame rates issues on intel hd graphics 3000. ill only advised a i7 or bitter base on dependencies-prerequisites issues. Nvidia GPU is strongly advised with DirectX 3d 10 class hardware. below are the instructions.

Windows Advanced Rasterization Platform for windows 8 & above
1. press command+R and type "dxcpl", and click Enter.
2. Click "Edit List...", which is located on the top of the screen.
3. Click "..." and locate the .exe file of your game.
Click "OK".
4. At the bottom of the screen, select "Force WARP" and press "ok".
5. Launch game and play!

for windows 7 instill microsoft DirectX sdk June 2010. make sure you uninstall Microsoft visual c++ 2010 redistributable under start, control panel. Why it fails 73% of the time if it sees 10.0.492.13 Sp1 instude of 10.0.139.12 Sp0 This does not happen with February 2010 released. why this program again your asking. windows 7 does not include WARP = Windows Advanced Rasterization Platform. by default like in windows 8 or above.

1. for windows 7 and below type to your search bar DirectX Control Panel (64-Bit) & enter
  2. tune go to DirectX 10x/11 tap in the DirectX Control Panel
  3. go to edit list and locate the .exe file of your game. click ok
  4. tune after that go to massage settings tune clack mute all messages tune click apply or ok.
    Tune launch the batman or walking dead new frontier.

Some not so good intel processors
now if your running laptops does have dedicated graphics GPU. lucky you ' The problematic comes in. When 90% of laptops has intel processors
here is the following examples of importable or flat out not compatible hardware.

1.6GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz**
2.2GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 2.6GHz**
Intel® Pentium® M Processor 1.60 GHz, 1M Cache, 400 MHz FSB
Intel® Pentium® Processor N4200 (2M Cache, up to 2.5 GHz)
Intel® Celeron® Processor N3350 (2M Cache, up to 2.4 GHz)\
Intel® Celeron® Processor J3355 (2M Cache, up to 2.5 GHz)
Intel® Celeron® Processor J3455 (2M Cache, up to 2.3 GHz)

here is a simple explanation why that this are not supported on any of those intel processors. even if if does work extremely unstable.

Intel hyper-thraading technology, does That it is responsible for running more tune 1 application. If you have iTunes that uses one core tune you switch playing to walking dead new Frontier. So that activates 2 of your remaining cpu cores for that game. all background tasks like windows update must use 1 cpu core for basic computer tasks. this will cause less stress on your laptop and prevent major slow downs of what you are doing or over heat at the port it will force shot down your computer. on Pentium, Celeron & certain i3 processors. architecture=configuration limitation issues

intel turbo boost technology is when your base speed stays at 1.9 GHz with A temporary boost for your favorite application so that it can ran more smoother. without that feature it might not handle correctly loading tougher chapters. example.
telltale games after batman will go about 23 fps. then very chapters later might hit 12 for certain processors. that Also will happen With 0 VRIM. with some extreme cases may lead to freezing. if speed that is not optimize right for intel graphics.
For example like pentium, the base speed is 1.1 GHz with turbo boost 4.5. For the the first 2 minutes the telltale batman will hit 45 fps greet tune drains to 3 fps very unplayable. Unlike the i5 and i7 architecture. It can sustain that speed until the game ends. that will course less stress for the laptop.

here are the following examples of incompatible dedicated & integrated GPUs
1st generation with intel hd graphics
intel hd graphics 2000 Processor Series
intel hd graphics 2500 Processor Series
intel hd graphics 3000 Processor Series
All of GeForce 2,3,4,5,6,7 Go series
All of GeForce 8M (8xxxM) series
All of GeForce 100M (1xxM) series
example GeForce G 110M
All of GeForce 300M (3xxM) series
All of GeForce 200M (2xxm) series

If you have a nvidia graphics card it might run but it does not main it will work. for example if you have Intel® Pentium® M Processor 1.60 GHz, 1M Cache, 400 MHz FSB with the new GeForce GTX 1060 (Notebook). greet you have the newest card that supports open gl 4.5, vulkan 1.0, open cl 1.2, Directx 12.0 with future level 12_1.
but how good is that powerful GPU if the game needs a certain speed. to keep up of it's instructions. if it can't keep up your have a lot of legging & white screen issues. even In some cases graphical glitches. some of this powerful GPU laptops are made for business that does photoshop or very high in Applications. that requires 6 gigs of VRIM. that intel hd graphics can not do for 0 VRIM**. however the new line up of 7th gen does have 1 gag of VRIM the catch is only available on very high in desktop i7 cpu lineup. (not yet available on laptops).
sorry for this long post if anyone read this far. i only made this if others are trying to research this problem. They might knew why or the basic idea what to do with they next purchase. like telling them why processor is as important as graphics. i also reported this issue lost mouth with telltale stuffs.**

^I am Dyslexic and spilling is really hard for me to correct. Thank you from Wright Micah*

Comments

• I have NVIDIA GeForce 200 (...I know). Is that the reason why my precious little game doesn't work?

I have that stupid DirectX 11, updated SP1 Pack, some Windows updates, dang it I've done everything yet it doesn't work. Help.

• I have NVIDIA GeForce 200

Your videocard only supports DirectX 10, so you're gonna have to upgrade to Nvidia GTS 450 and above. My PC has Nvidia GT 220, which is why I play ANF on my laptop which has Nvidia 710M.

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

I have NVIDIA GeForce 200 (...I know). Is that the reason why my precious little game doesn't work? I have that stupid DirectX 11, updated SP1 Pack, some Windows updates, dang it I've done everything yet it doesn't work. Help.

• Well, shit. Thanks for answering me, kind stranger! :)

I have NVIDIA GeForce 200 Your videocard only supports DirectX 10, so you're gonna have to upgrade to Nvidia GTS 450 and above. My PC has Nvidia GT 220, which is why I play ANF on my laptop which has Nvidia 710M.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.