The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• The Switch Direct today (well tommorow/~4 AM in Europe, depending on your country)

enter image description here

• Is it for the weird sounding animal outside?

I bought some poison today and I wasn't asked a single question

• Everyone has a backstory, even if you don't tell it. Invent one. Why is he (I'll assume male here) a sick beggar? Is the sickness his fault? Has he tried to work, or is he just lazy? Has he given up on society? Does he hate society? Is he Batman in disguise?

If you can't choose, flip a coin.

I've been asked to write a monologue for a character who is a sick beggar. I wanna ask some ideas of what the monologue should contain as its a blank character with no backstory whatsoever.

• Thanks for your input! So, let's assume he became what he is due to unfortunate circumstances, where his sickness made him unable to work efficiently -- how would the monologue begin?

Sorry if I sound noob-ish here, since this isn't really my strong point, but I hope attempting to write one would help me do better.

WarpSpeed posted: »

Everyone has a backstory, even if you don't tell it. Invent one. Why is he (I'll assume male here) a sick beggar? Is the sickness his fau

• I think I'm gonna get up early to watch it.

MichaelBP posted: »

The Switch Direct today (well tommorow/~4 AM in Europe, depending on your country)

• Same.

Ekelund21 posted: »

I think I'm gonna get up early to watch it.

• But I love jackie

Doing what no man has ever done before, poisoning Jackie Chan.

• Killing mice, its a shame because I like rodents I used to have pet rats but these mice have to go.

AronDracula posted: »

What the fuck are you doing with poison?

• Haha no. The animal came back the next night too it just walked up and down outside the window wupwupwupping and when I looked there wasn't anything there, mysterious...

Is it for the weird sounding animal outside?

• YOU HAVE TO MAKE THE SACRIFICE! YOU'RE THE CHOSEN ONE!

But I love jackie

• Is this Resident Evil 4 with fixed camera angles? Because that's fucking awesome and I'd be up for giving the game another shot if it is.

• Metroid or gtfo nintendo.

The Switch Direct today (well tommorow/~4 AM in Europe, depending on your country)

• I'm on a mission which is to get "Zombie Genocider" trophy in Dead Rising 1 to unlock Mega Buster.

• Rumor has it they are making a Smash Bros Wii U port with potentially two new characters. I mean, the Smash port is not so unexpected, but if they have two new characters, I might just be tempted to eventually try and get a Switch at some point, just for that. :p

• Isnt the genocide trophy for killing like 250000 zombies or something crazy like that

I'm on a mission which is to get "Zombie Genocider" trophy in Dead Rising 1 to unlock Mega Buster.

• I'll probably watch it at some point, but I'm not crazy hyped for it or anything at this point.

Same.

• It seems like a fanmade project to try recreate the early versions of RE4.

Is this Resident Evil 4 with fixed camera angles? Because that's fucking awesome and I'd be up for giving the game another shot if it is.

• I am pretty damn hyped for it. Especially with Monolith Soft retweeting it.

I'll probably watch it at some point, but I'm not crazy hyped for it or anything at this point.

• Metroid Other M 2 ;)

Metroid or gtfo nintendo.

• If the port isn't a launch title, I'd hope for more than just 2 new characters.

Rumor has it they are making a Smash Bros Wii U port with potentially two new characters. I mean, the Smash port is not so unexpected, but i

• No, it's for killing 53000 zombies which isn't easy.

Isnt the genocide trophy for killing like 250000 zombies or something crazy like that

• Maybe we should have a thread where we can live comment during the stream, like with the game awards, or maybe there won't be enough to talk about here?

Rumor has it they are making a Smash Bros Wii U port with potentially two new characters. I mean, the Smash port is not so unexpected, but i

• nnnnnnnnnNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Metroid Other M 2

• I'd say there'd still be plenty of stuff to talk about. Price, release date, launch games and game confirmations.

Maybe we should have a thread where we can live comment during the stream, like with the game awards, or maybe there won't be enough to talk about here?

• Now I got the trophy, it took me HOURS. Now I have to wait until the game ends.

• What Clemy said, basically.

Any reason in particular?

• ...by From Software

nnnnnnnnnNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Slightly less no.

...by From Software

• My anxiety disorder is almost non-existent at this point, and I couldn't be happier.

After seven fucking years, it's finally reaching its end.

I may cry from joy, in all honesty. It feels so good to have control again.

• Will Dante from the Devil May Cry series & Knuckles turn that "no" into a "yes"? :)

Slightly less no.

• Just got my 1'000th like, does that mean I level up? B)

• I remember driving up and down a tunnel mowing down hundreds

No, it's for killing 53000 zombies which isn't easy.

• When will it not?

Will Dante from the Devil May Cry series & Knuckles turn that "no" into a "yes"?

• True, Dante&Knuckes in a game = instant 10 out of 10.
    But it gets a 3 from ign

When will it not?

• http://gamingbolt.com/death-stranding-it-seems-that-kojima-is-fultoning-everyone-from-konami-to-kojima-productions

It Seems That Kojima Is Fultoning Everyone From Konami To Kojima Productions

Kojima truly is Big Boss irl. He must've trained a lot when Konami was keeping him locked up in their basement for months.

• This really depends on your goal of what you want to create.

The way I would do it is first think of a day in the modern life of this guy. He asks someone for spare change and gets spat upon. If he's the type that gets mad, he starts trying to go after the spitter, but being sick, he really doesn't stand a chance, the police get called or see this, and he gets thrown in jail. Or, if he's the type that just accepts being treated badly, he sulks back on the street corner, dirty, sick, and broke. You could pick something else instead, maybe even something exceptionally good instead of bad. What sort of things would happen to a sick beggar?

Then, the monologue could start with that, to draw the reader/listener in. The beggar would relate what happened and where he ended up, then express resignation at his current life, and flash back to when the sickness first took hold and what happened then. That puts the beggar in the position of telling a story and what he thinks about things, the way they were and the way they are now.

Thanks for your input! So, let's assume he became what he is due to unfortunate circumstances, where his sickness made him unable to work ef

• The lightning isn't the best, but my best friend dropped by today to give me a late Christmas present and I love it so much!

• Holy shit. That's fucking awesome.

The lightning isn't the best, but my best friend dropped by today to give me a late Christmas present and I love it so much!

• Wow. I would pay good money for that shirt.

The lightning isn't the best, but my best friend dropped by today to give me a late Christmas present and I love it so much!

• Am I the only one that thinks Auli'i Cravalho should win an award for her performance as Moana?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.