The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I have a question.

I have been growing my hair out for 10 months. Before then, I use to wear my hair the way Harison Ford did on The Fugitive.

Anyway, the point is, I have been growing my hair out for 10 months, and I still have trouble putting in a ponytail. Whenever I do, it gradually works it's way loose, which is strange because my hair is right about at my shoulders.

My hair is straight, with a slight wave, and is really thick, both the strands, and a lot of it.

Anyway, has anyone else ever had this poroblem, and if so, what can I do to fix this?

• I hope you did too

Took my math sol I really hope I passed

• Thanks fam

I hope you did too

• Anytime bruh.

Thanks fam

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited January 2017

D.C. is the absolute worst. Curse the French bastard who thought circular city planning was a good idea.

Even though it would be only be a Metro ride away for me, I had no interest because I feel much more comfortable and safer in my own home.

• Either it's not tight enough or you need to use thinner hair ties. A thinner tie of 5 loops will hold better than a thicker tie of 3 loops. Or perhaps you need to use one with a bit more friction(something closer to an actual elastic).

I had long hair for 10 years.

Kenny/Lee posted: »

I have a question. I have been growing my hair out for 10 months. Before then, I use to wear my hair the way Harison Ford did on The Fugi

• edited January 2017

So some prick decided to go on a rampage in Melbourne and drive into pedestrians today. Three people have died and twenty have been injured, and hospitals in the area are calling in extra staff. It's been reported that the driver was shot dead by police, but that's not confirmed.

EDIT: Police did shoot the suspect, but the wounds were not life threatening and he has been taken into custody.

• Jesus Christ, and one of them was just a kid.

According to the police the guy has been arrested.

So some prick decided to go on a rampage in Melbourne and drive into pedestrians today. Three people have died and twenty have been injured,

• Yeah it's awful. As for the driver, I thought he was just a hoon at first when I saw a Facebook video of him driving in circles in front of Flinders St Station. It was only awhile later that I heard he'd driven onto the footpath.

lupinb0y posted: »

Jesus Christ, and one of them was just a kid. According to the police the guy has been arrested.

• Is the kid OK?

Jesus Christ, and one of them was just a kid. According to the police the guy has been arrested.

• It's fine. At least the rest of the day was nice. After 3 nightmare birthdays in a row it's refreshing to have a mostly good/okay birthday.

Damn, sorry to hear things turned out like that.

• No, the kid along with two other people were killed. 20 other people were also injured by the guy.

Is the kid OK?

• edited January 2017

I hope that guy gets executed.

No, the kid along with two other people were killed. 20 other people were also injured by the guy.

• We don't have the death penalty anymore, and I'd suggest waiting until the details come in before making a judgement about this guy.

I hope that guy gets executed.

• Fuck story this is what FF15 is all about big chickens!

• OH MY GOD EPISODE THREE OF THE WOLF AMONG US WAS AMAZING!!!

...Sorry, I just needed to say that...

• edited January 2017

Happy (late) Birthday! I haven't been lurking the normal community recently, so I got here a bit late, been posting all over TWD's subsection.

Starting off my birthday with some house cleaning while listening to the Dark Souls III soundtrack. If I'm being honest it's a pretty great way to start the day off.

• and the end of the day consisted of my best friend shit talking me

Ouch, did you guys ever reconcile? That sounds pretty damn bad, I hope it went fairly okay.

Started off the day really strong, middle of the day was fun and the end of the day consisted of my best friend shit talking me and everythi

• Nah, we didn't get a chance to. He got super tired and went to bed.

Spodes posted: »

and the end of the day consisted of my best friend shit talking me Ouch, did you guys ever reconcile? That sounds pretty damn bad, I hope it went fairly okay.

• It's so odd that yesterday I woke up at 4 AM, cleaned the house from 5 to 10 and then spent the rest of the day hanging around, and after 2 hours of sleep now I can't go back to sleep.

• I'm sorry that happened, is this a normal thing between you guys? I kinda feel bad knowing that it occurred on your birthday especially.

Nah, we didn't get a chance to. He got super tired and went to bed.

• It's happened a few times, yeah. He's been with me through thick and thin but god if he can't be a dick sometimes. I wouldn't say it's regular, but it does happen a few times once in a while. I kind of get it though since he's been really stressed.

Spodes posted: »

I'm sorry that happened, is this a normal thing between you guys? I kinda feel bad knowing that it occurred on your birthday especially.

• Shit, sorry for that. :/

I'll do the happiness, health, smiles thing, however cake not so much. Milk allergy, lol.

• pops outta muh rabbit hole.

Happy late Birthday, Goku!

presents 26 full course meals on a huge ass table

Starting off my birthday with some house cleaning while listening to the Dark Souls III soundtrack. If I'm being honest it's a pretty great way to start the day off.

• Ahh, someone who can understand my pain when I was doing my own version of Season 2. lol Yeah, it's definitely is a lot of work and I gotta give credit to the writers who did the official ones for the varieties they did (more or less anyway). But yeah, I think with more writers the more chances of inconsistencies can occur as @MetallicaRules mentioned and the episodes were much longer and detailed in S1 so just imagine rewriting that monster in the same manner it was done. O.o

If it's okay to ask, how are you organizing it? Such as (?) will remember that, major choices, QTEs, HUBs, cutscenes, etc.

hemfbg posted: »

Honestly, after attempting to write some ANF fanfic with different responses to each dialogue choice, I can understand why the game has so many writers. That shit's difficult on your own.

• Every time I see footage of the President-Elect event Thursday at the Lincoln Memorial, I keep thinking that giant statue of Abraham Lincoln is going to stand up and do something.

• Well, I only started a few days ago so I've only had time to work on a few scenes, and I haven't finished a single one. I'm going about it in a script-like, choose-your-own-story format rather than a novel, as it was really just supposed to be some dialogue-writing practise, as well as familiarising myself with a screenplay format.

That makes adding QTEs easier because I can just add "QTE - [W] to jump" for example, though thinking about it I should probably add what happens if you fail the QTE, which I haven't done so far.

I'm not really bothering with "(?) Character will remember that" notifications because I don't play with that setting on, though I can think of an opportunity for it to appear. If I have a particular idea for how a cutscene/camera shot should look like, I'd write it down, but I'm not making a huge deal about it.

I can send you a link to what I've written but I'll have to do it tomorrow, because it's like 2 am where I live right now and my eyes are getting a little droopy.

Ahh, someone who can understand my pain when I was doing my own version of Season 2. lol Yeah, it's definitely is a lot of work and I gotta

• edited January 2017

I can send you a link to what I've written but I'll have to do it tomorrow, because it's like 2 am where I live right now and my eyes are getting a little droopy.

Sure! And no problem. Ya get some shut eye, I'm patient. We have vastly different timezones since it's 10: 25 am over (my computer clock keeps changing on its own though >.>) I'm posting my version of All That Remains shortly in the forums so I'll direct you to it when I do.

Okay I can type what I want now haha

Well, I only started a few days ago so I've only had time to work on a few scenes, and I haven't finished a single one. I'm going about it in a script-like, choose-your-own-story format rather than a novel, as it was really just supposed to be some dialogue-writing practise, as well as familiarising myself with a screenplay format.

That makes adding QTEs easier because I can just add "QTE - [W] to jump" for example, though thinking about it I should probably add what happens if you fail the QTE, which I haven't done so far.

Yeah, creating an entirely new scenes with varieties is definitely a tough cookie to crumble. Taking your time thinking over can really help along with considering any possible impacts you may want to have (I take notes of important things involving the characters). I'm doing it in a similar fashion, a script or walkthrough format, although not often quoting dialogue (unless it's a good one) but describing it mostly instead. It's a good practice on writing stories, it helps broaden imagination. If you like some ideas on organizing your story here's how I did mine. (I sometimes use coloured text if needed with borders and caps)

Legend
    Green: Stage Transition/Area
    Blue: HUB, QTE, Interaction, Triggered Cutscene and Major Choice (example: --------[HUB] Campsite----------)
    Brown: Major Choice Impact
    Bold Black: Interaction
    Red: Title: Chapter Section
    Hash tag symbol: Puzzle/Interaction to solve
    Tilde: Important Note

I'm not really bothering with "(?) Character will remember that" notifications because I don't play with that setting on, though I can think of an opportunity for it to appear. If I have a particular idea for how a cutscene/camera shot should look like, I'd write it down, but I'm not making a huge deal about it.

Ah, fair point. I always played with the normal HUB cuz I got nervous I might not be able to see the options when checking out items when I saw thesettings' example before you start TWD S1.

hemfbg posted: »

Well, I only started a few days ago so I've only had time to work on a few scenes, and I haven't finished a single one. I'm going about it i

• Art... is an EXPLOSION!
  • enter image description here

"LINCOLN.... SMASH!!!!"

WarpSpeed posted: »

Every time I see footage of the President-Elect event Thursday at the Lincoln Memorial, I keep thinking that giant statue of Abraham Lincoln is going to stand up and do something.

• Well...

enter image description here

Trump is going to be President in 29 minutes...wow.

• Watching the inauguration now.

Well... Trump is going to be President in 29 minutes...wow.

• enter image description here

I have just discovered a part of the forum that I never knew existed until now. I don't remember ever seeing the link to it in the past and now I see it and I just found a forum section that's been forgotten for years.

Am I in another dimension? What the fuck is going on?

enter image description here

• Damnit I noticed I got 20,000 likes until it was already passed. I have 20,006 right now.

• I just failed my math sol by 2 points now I have to retake it. I'm really devastated by it, because if I had just gotten One more question right I would have passed.

• Damn, sorry to hear that.

I just failed my math sol by 2 points now I have to retake it. I'm really devastated by it, because if I had just gotten One more question right I would have passed.

• edited January 2017

(Pretend this is happening to u, and I wish TellTale would add this kind of choice to the next episodes) Imagine u had a friend, and then in awhile, ur friend help someone that was against u, ur enemy, a bully probably, and then that kind of friend got bullied by someone else! And that bully pulled a knife, a gun, (just anything that can kill a person!), etc to that friend. U were there, and there was a fire alarm near u. Would u press the alarm and save that kind of friend?

I feel like this is kind of similar to the shoot Conrad in twd nf

• I wouldn't if I didn't like that friend...

jhti0612 posted: »

(Pretend this is happening to u, and I wish TellTale would add this kind of choice to the next episodes) Imagine u had a friend, and then in

• Would someone likely help me please?
    So I stopped with my medicine in December and since then I have been putting on weight like 6 pounds Godbless I still look good but not for long if this continue does somebody have advice for a person here who: Still doesn't have a full belly after eating way to much, doesn't have motivation and more?

• Why do I need to refresh my page everytime to post here everytime I open the forum?
    Error this error 401 jesus it's annoying

Sign in to comment in this discussion.