The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Did you kill him?

This was a long, but amazing, day. It was a fantastic experience, being able to attend the Presidential Inauguration, it was totally worth standing out in the cold for over 12 hours. I apologize for the size of the images.

• I'd try the recovery disk thing, but my computer hasn't been able to read discs for a few years, and I neglected to fix the issue, because I thought I'd never need to use a disc.

Oops.

WarpSpeed posted: »

Not a good sign. Hopefully you have a recovery disk you can use to boot from, or a computer-savvy friend. Otherwise, it's to the repair shop, and hope they can save what you need.

• Make a thread called "please take your likes back"

You still could...we just need more people. MOAR for Mr. Krabs.

• Obviously.

Did you kill him?

• yey!

Obviously.

• yes thank you very much :)

TheFurryOne posted: »

?

• Didn't he also use a Bane quote, even if unintentionally?

I'm reading stuff saying that Donald Trump quoted Bee Movie for his Inauguration speech. Is this true? XD I didn't watch the Inauguration, so I didn't catch it.

• (Pitching in with another comment) Since the troll has been banned and I don't want to give them exposure, I will flag your comment. PM me if you need me to spam your inbox some more to push those notifications away.

• I saw a video with him and Bane saying the same lines, it sounded like them so I don't think it's fake.

Didn't he also use a Bane quote, even if unintentionally?

• God, as if there weren't enough reasons to love Mark Hamill.

• I don't know. The closest thing I have to something I'm allergic to is dairy (and that's lactose intolerance, not anaphylaxis or anything).

My friend, whom I hugged and have been in close proximity with, has a head cold, so I was thinking possibly that. I'm okayish now, but my nose is still kind of runny and my head don't feel the best.

That sounds like an allergic reaction honestly.

• Funny story: My urologist asked me if I was pregnant.

It would've been fine if I hadn't been 9 years old at the time.

"Ma'am, how many pregnant 9 year olds have you met?" - my mom.

• Have you been around a lot of dust I got realy ill once after dusting behind the tv I think it got to my sinuses

I don't know. The closest thing I have to something I'm allergic to is dairy (and that's lactose intolerance, not anaphylaxis or anything).

• I think that says more about his opinion of your parents more than anything else

Funny story: My urologist asked me if I was pregnant. It would've been fine if I hadn't been 9 years old at the time. "Ma'am, how many pregnant 9 year olds have you met?" - my mom.

• What a crazy bastard. I already miss the real Joker.

God, as if there weren't enough reasons to love Mark Hamill.

• Well he's actually still doing The Joker. He's the current voice of him in the new Justice League Action show on Cartoon Network.

AronDracula posted: »

What a crazy bastard. I already miss the real Joker.

• Ah, ok. But bad news is I don't watch any cartoons anymore.

Well he's actually still doing The Joker. He's the current voice of him in the new Justice League Action show on Cartoon Network.

• I don't watch the show either, it was just an FYI.

AronDracula posted: »

Ah, ok. But bad news is I don't watch any cartoons anymore.

• http://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/gaming/which-games-are-women-and-girls-playing/ar-AAm4n3j?li=AAfq3b1&ocid=spartanntp

Interesting article on a survey of gamers. Apparently on average, only 2% of sports gamers are women (to be honest I'm not that surprised) while 69% of Match-3 and Family/Farm Simulators players are women.

• edited January 2017

Maybe someone can help me here, I have this lady friend who is a 48 year old woman, and married. We've been friends for three years.

Anyway, we were at this party about three days ago, thought not together. I was dancing and talking with this one girl, who was maybe 10 years younger than my friend. Anyway we danced, and afterward we sat and talked. Incidentally the party was at a bar.

Anyway this girl and I were talking and having a good time. While we were talking my friend came up behind me and introduced herself. When the girl asked us how long we had known each other, my friend put her hands on my shoulders, and dug her nails into me quite hard, while she answered the girl's question.

She has never done that before.

So I was just wondering why she did it, and what it could possibly mean.

• I dunno, maybe she just couldn't tell she was digging her nails into you? Or, maybe she wanted you to stay and talk to the one girl instead, because she might have thought you would otherwise try to leave at some point? I dunno, that's all I could think of.

Kenny/Lee posted: »

Maybe someone can help me here, I have this lady friend who is a 48 year old woman, and married. We've been friends for three years. Anyw

• So I watched Split yesterday and wow. What an amazing movie!

The acting, especially by James McAvoy is fan-fucking-tastic. He really did a good job with all the split personalities. He could transition from funny to intimidating in a split second with no problem.

Story was also really well written and I enjoyed the plot twist they introduced.

With this movie and The Visit, it really seems like M. Night Shyamalan has broken his seemingly unbreakable streak of bad/mediocre movies.

• So who'd win a game of wits, intelligence and gang war:

Joker and his posse (Telltale)

William Carver and his group

The Crooked Man and his posse

Vicky Vale and The Children of Arkham (Telltale)

• PM me; I can help you out.

• 69%

Dude I love this number

http://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/gaming/which-games-are-women-and-girls-playing/ar-AAm4n3j?li=AAfq3b1&ocid=spartanntp Interesti

• seems like M. Night Shyamalan has broken his seemingly unbreakable streak

I see what you did there. He may have broken the streak, but he can always go down that path again. He got full of himself when people started calling him the next Spielberg, hopefully that won't happen again with everyone saying that this is his big return. For his sake, I hope he continues to make good movies again, but as for me, I will continue to steer clear of them, I've never been a big fan of his movies, his adaptation of Avatar was just the nail in the coffin for me.

lupinb0y posted: »

So I watched Split yesterday and wow. What an amazing movie! The acting, especially by James McAvoy is fan-fucking-tastic. He really did

• edited January 2017

It's even funnier because my parents are conservative Christians. Like literally to the point where my dad said he'd rather me come home a lesbian than pregnant or liberal.

I think that says more about his opinion of your parents more than anything else

• So he got his wish?

It's even funnier because my parents are conservative Christians. Like literally to the point where my dad said he'd rather me come home a lesbian than pregnant or liberal.

• That really shouldn't stop you from seeing Split. Yeah it still does have some of his tropes but it really is a fantastic movie. The smaller budgets he's been having really do seem to help reign him in and not go too insane.

seems like M. Night Shyamalan has broken his seemingly unbreakable streak I see what you did there. He may have broken the streak, b

• Your friend may have just been making sure you were OK and not being taken advantage of. I had that happen to me back when I was single, and some new woman was clearly interested in me, suddenly lady friends started rushing up to me to determine her intentions.

Or it was unintentional. Or she has her own reasons.

Kenny/Lee posted: »

Maybe someone can help me here, I have this lady friend who is a 48 year old woman, and married. We've been friends for three years. Anyw

• It's not so much my disdain for The Last Airbender that's stopping me from seeing the movie, but more that I just don't really enjoy his films, not even his good ones. I'm not saying Sixth Sense or Unbreakable are bad, just overrated. Despite the good reviews, Split just doesn't look good to me, regardless of who made it, but with his name on it, I know what tropes and problems the movie will already have, and it's those same tropes and problems that prevent me from really enjoying his movies.

lupinb0y posted: »

That really shouldn't stop you from seeing Split. Yeah it still does have some of his tropes but it really is a fantastic movie. The smaller budgets he's been having really do seem to help reign him in and not go too insane.

• enter image description here

Is it horrifying that Trump's tweets can be read like that?

God, as if there weren't enough reasons to love Mark Hamill.

• edited January 2017

I just finished watching Justice League: Doom and it became my 2nd favorite DC universe animated original movie (my fave is Batman: Under the Red Hood). These are my pros and cons for the movie.

Pros:

• Kevin Conroy, Tim Daly and a lot of other recognizable voice actors reprising their roles from the DCAU.
    • Spectacular emotional moments.
    • Vandal Savage.
    • Nice animation.

Cons:

• I honestly can't think of anything I hated or disliked about this film. It was perfection.

Final score: 10/10

Sign in to comment in this discussion.