The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Watched Rouge One: A Star Wars story about a week ago, and it was great!

It's actually the first Star Wars movie I've ever watched.

• edited January 2017

• Good. I'd recommed you to watch the sequel as well, Aliens. BUT, I wouldn't recommend watching Alien 3 because I hate that movie so much and it's crap, even the director hates it.

Acheive250 posted: »

I'll be watching the original Alien soon.

• It's better than Ressurection.

AronDracula posted: »

Good. I'd recommed you to watch the sequel as well, Aliens. BUT, I wouldn't recommend watching Alien 3 because I hate that movie so much and it's crap, even the director hates it.

• Oh, I haven't watched it yet. I'll probably will before the release of the Alien: Convenant.

It's better than Ressurection.

• ''the past is the past just move on'' OOH FUCKING SURE yes let's forgive the man who did 9/11

Jesus fucking christ that's a leap. That's not what that message means at all. Sometimes shit just happens and you've gotta move on, and the wrong do-ers will be punished eventually. "Move on" does not mean "forgive", it means to drop it and just keep moving forward. America moved on from 9/11 and continued to thrive as a country, but that doesn't mean we forgave Osama Bin Laden, it means we kept going. Chill the fuck out man, you're comparing apples to oranges here.

• Unless you want to laugh at a really bad movie, don't watch it.

Oh, I haven't watched it yet. I'll probably will before the release of the Alien: Convenant.

• I'd recommend you to watch the Original Trilogy:

1. Episode 4 A New Hope
    2. Episode 5 Empire Strikes Back
    3. Episode 6 Return of the Jedi

I don't think I'd recommend you to watch the Prequel trilogy because they got a lot of bad reviews and I don't want you to meet the worst character of the franchise. HOWEVER, I'd recommed you to watch the last movie of the trilogy which is Episode 3 Revenge of the Sith, it has its flaws but this movie is the best one of the trilogy. It's your call, though.

Acheive250 posted: »

Watched Rouge One: A Star Wars story about a week ago, and it was great! It's actually the first Star Wars movie I've ever watched.

• Oh wait, I actually watched Nostalgia Critic's Top 10 Worst Movie Sequels and he had Alien Ressurection on the list.

Unless you want to laugh at a really bad movie, don't watch it.

• Sorry I let myself go my fault, not all wrong do-ers will get punished though.
    This is my enterpretation of the message to me but teah I should be more gently

''the past is the past just move on'' OOH FUCKING SURE yes let's forgive the man who did 9/11 Jesus fucking christ that's a leap. Th

• Sorry I let myself go my fault,

You're good man. Just a bit surprised at how upset that made you. Kinda freaked me out a bit.

not all wrong do-ers will get punished though.

Good point.

joshua007 posted: »

Sorry I let myself go my fault, not all wrong do-ers will get punished though. This is my enterpretation of the message to me but teah I should be more gently

• Nice. I like WCG and I'm glad they're slowly moving away from being a list channel.

• I like Resurrection more than 3. 3 was so boring, but Resurrection at least has that scene were she discovers the failed cloning attempts.

It's better than Ressurection.

• we're so completely irrelevant

I find comfort in that.

You know what's scary? The fact that there's a black hole that's 1800 lightyears wide and we're smaller than atoms compared to that size. No

• I don't. It terrifies me quite frankly and makes me way more depressed than I already am.

Ekelund21 posted: »

we're so completely irrelevant I find comfort in that.

• Finished my homework at 1:30 in the morning and I should probably go to sleep because school starts in a few days and I need a normal sleep schedule, but for some reason I'm watching the Harry Potter films instead.

• He even has a whole review of it:

Oh wait, I actually watched Nostalgia Critic's Top 10 Worst Movie Sequels and he had Alien Ressurection on the list.

• Why is Ripley in this movie? I thought she died in Alien 3.

He even has a whole review of it:

• edited January 2017

She's a clone.

But yeah, the original Ellen Ripley is dead.

Why is Ripley in this movie? I thought she died in Alien 3.

• Harry potter films are my favorite and my favorite movie saga and a big part of my childhood I wish I could go back when I saw them in the cinema;)

Finished my homework at 1:30 in the morning and I should probably go to sleep because school starts in a few days and I need a normal sleep schedule, but for some reason I'm watching the Harry Potter films instead.

• An unrealistic way to bring back the hero of this franchise.

She's a clone. But yeah, the original Ellen Ripley is dead.

• You said it.

An unrealistic way to bring back the hero of this franchise.

• I'm a dragon.

Dozurany posted: »

Happy Chinese New Year Eve! Ready for the Year of the Fire Cock? I'm sorry, Rooster. Fire Rooster What's your sign?

• I'm pretty sure I'm the Snake.

Happy Chinese New Year Eve! Ready for the Year of the Fire Cock? I'm sorry, Rooster. Fire Rooster What's your sign?

• I'm a snake as well.

• [For forum users in USA]

[Organizations that will benefit from Donations]

• American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) - The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) is a nonpartisan, non-profit organization whose stated mission is "to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed to every person in this country by the Constitution and laws of the United States." It works through litigation, lobbying, and community empowerment.

• Electronic Frontier Foundation - The Electronic Frontier Foundation is the leading nonprofit organization defending civil liberties in the digital world. Founded in 1990, EFF champions user privacy, free expression, and innovation through impact litigation, policy analysis, grassroots activism, and technology development. We work to ensure that rights and freedoms are enhanced and protected as our use of technology grows.

• Human Rights Watch - Human Rights Watch is a nonprofit, nongovernmental human rights organization made up of roughly 400 staff members around the globe. Its staff consists of human rights professionals including country experts, lawyers, journalists, and academics of diverse backgrounds and nationalities. Established in 1978, Human Rights Watch is known for its accurate fact-finding, impartial reporting, effective use of media, and targeted advocacy, often in partnership with local human rights groups.

• edited January 2017

I suffer from existential nihilism as well from time to time. But there's something that helps me.

In Dr. Strange (hear me out) there was a quote in the movie that stuck with me.

"Death gives life meaning."

Whether there is an afterlife or not, the only thing I know for sure is that existence is limited. We all eventually run out of time, which is why you have to make your life matter while you still have it. The odds of you specifically being born are nearly nonexistent. So small that it makes life precious. So take advantage of the very rare and limited gift of life. Fuck what people think. Hoping other people like us is something most of us struggle with...but life is way too short for that to matter. Have fun, meet people, make friendships, make relationships. Live it big. You only get one. I hope this helps you feel a bit better. It's gotten me through some pretty horrifying, existential times. If you ever feel that way again, don't hesitate to PM me. I love conversations like these.

You know what's scary? The fact that there's a black hole that's 1800 lightyears wide and we're smaller than atoms compared to that size. No

• Thanks, I appreciate that.

I suffer from existential nihilism as well from time to time. But there's something that helps me. In Dr. Strange (hear me out) there was

• In Dr. Strange (hear me out) there was a quote in the movie that stuck with me.

Are you sure it wasn't "Dormammu, I've come to bargain."

I suffer from existential nihilism as well from time to time. But there's something that helps me. In Dr. Strange (hear me out) there was

• Damn it, Metallica. This is srs

In Dr. Strange (hear me out) there was a quote in the movie that stuck with me. Are you sure it wasn't "Dormammu, I've come to bargain."

• It's my birthday.

• Happy birthday, my dude!

It's my birthday.

• Thanks, bro! I'm 16.

Happy birthday, my dude!

• Oh boy, the age of depression and intense puberty. Good luck man, PM me if you ever need advice on the hell that is being 16. Lol. Kidding, I'm sure you'll be aight.

Thanks, bro! I'm 16.

• Happy Birthday!

It's my birthday.

• Thank you, Blind!

Happy Birthday!

• Happy birthday!

It's my birthday.

• Thanks, Sleep!

Happy birthday!

• That was the quickest reply ever.

Thanks, Sleep!

• I spend a lot of time on the forums.