The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Happy anniversary!

Happy anniversery to me. :-)

• enter image description here

Soon.

enter image description here

Zelda and NieR Automata are all I need in March.

• Thank you, Nathan Kenneth!

Happy anniversary!

• That oughta do it, thanks

Here's a playlist of a guide to all side missions in the game.

• NP.

AronDracula posted: »

That oughta do it, thanks

• AW YEAHHH! March 17 babeeeeeyyyyy!!!

• Sadly, I still have yet to finish the rest of all the other Netflix series. :(

lupinb0y posted: »

AW YEAHHH! March 17 babeeeeeyyyyy!!!

• I was thinking about you when I saw the tornadoes on the news today. As long as everyone's still alive with expected body parts still attached, that's what matters.

My whole neighborhood is damaged from the tornado. I wasn't expecting all of this today.

• I just uninstalled and reinstalled a fuckload of games on Steam. Most are still installing ATM.

• You really should, they're great (especially Daredevil)!

Uhh... Except maybe Luke Cage. The first half is amazing but the second half is super cheesy.

Sadly, I still have yet to finish the rest of all the other Netflix series.

• So I don't watch Jane the Virgin, but I walked into the room whilst my mum was watching the newest episode around the end. And fuck's sake, if you're a fan of the show and know what I'm speaking of, I can only imagine the fury you're going through right now. Shit I don't know fuck all about the show and I'm pissed about it.

• Happy (late) anniversary!

Happy anniversery to me. :-)

• People seriously make shows about freaking virgins... whoa -_-

So I don't watch Jane the Virgin, but I walked into the room whilst my mum was watching the newest episode around the end. And fuck's sake,

• edited February 2017

and also HYPE

• Uhhhh, are you serious? It's a drama series not about an actual virgin in the real world, the title's a joke. You take things way too literally.

joshua007 posted: »

People seriously make shows about freaking virgins... whoa -_-

• THEN THE DEFENDERS SERIES AFTER :D

• And don't forget the Punisher!

THEN THE DEFENDERS SERIES AFTER

• I like the guy they chose for Iron Fish, he fits the roll pretty well. I still have yet to see Daredevil, Jessica Jones or Luke Cage though. I'm waiting for every series to come out so I can binge them.

• Holy fucking shit I did it. I slept all night, from 12 AM to 6 AM. I got a fucking night of sleep instead of being awake all night, and I only woke up once or twice for 2 minutes. Jesus fuck this is a feeling.

• Thanks, Jon!

JonDee013 posted: »

Happy (late) anniversary!

• edited February 2017

Life is Strange developer Dontnod has revealed that it’s possible to complete its upcoming gothic RPG Vampyr without killing anyone.

At a recent showcase to show off the game to press, Dontnod’s Phillipe Moreau revealed there are four endings to the long-in-development role-playing game.

Vampyr puts plenty of moral choices in the player’s path, testing their will and need to kill in order to survive.

“The sum of your decisions and experiences of a Vampyr will trigger very different endings,” said Moreau.

“We have four endings, including one if you manage to finish the game without killing anyone. Trust me, that’s a very hard challenge.

http://www.vg247.com/2017/02/08/you-can-complete-dontnods-vampyr-without-killing-anyone-but-its-a-tough-challenge/

We'll see how different they can be. Game is still set for a Q4 2017 release, if it doesn't get delayed.

New screenshots:

• I just finished Batman Arkham City main story. It's best Batman game I've played and the only game that I enjoyed the most in the series. Sadly, I won't be able to play Arkham Origins because it wasn't added in Return to Arkham.

• got bored so I made a gif

enter image description hereenter image description hereenter image description here

• Christ sake it's not even 2:00 yet.

• As a huge psychonauts fan who doesn't own a PS4 this trailer has left me very blue balled.

• I just watched the first episode of Heil Honey, I'm Home! I have no soul anymore.

• I knew one day PC/Xbox users would be blue-balled by PlayStation. And I'm so happy that it was from a fantastic game like Psychonauts.

As a huge psychonauts fan who doesn't own a PS4 this trailer has left me very blue balled.

• edited February 2017

[removed]

• Aah my eyes

got bored so I made a gif

• Thankfully they only made a pilot.

CunningFox posted: »

I just watched the first episode of Heil Honey, I'm Home! I have no soul anymore.

• I was watching Ronald Reagan's speech on the Challenger disaster, and I have to say, I had tears in my eyes (did not cry). It is really emotional speech.

• just woke up after sleeping for what seemed like 5 hours. i coughed really hard and started feeling dizzy and passed out, or at least that's what i thought happened because when i came out and talked to my mother about it she said i was talking to her and grabbing something to eat in the kitchen at 5 pm. i don't remember any of that, i just remember passing out 5 hours ago but apparently i was out there and talking to her less than 2 hours ago. what the fucking hell man.

• Fuck this heat. I'm moving to Canada.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited February 2017

I have a question: how many of you agree with the concept of there being a 'best game'?

How do you feel when someone cites this or that as the best game of all time, or something similar? Do you find yourself agreeing with them, or being more like "nah, there's more than just one" or something?

For me, I just don't think it's fair to consider any one game the best, in any category. There's no ultimate game that can be considered the best, because if that were true, it'd have to encompass fucking everything. It'd have to be like, a first person RPG shooter story-based puzzle platformer with tough choices to make and difficult levels and powers and guns and stealth mechanics and aerial combat and yaddayaddayadda you get the idea. But beyond that, I don't think there's a best FPS, a best adventure game, a best zombie game, a best puzzle game, and so forth. There's multiple good FPS games, multiple good adventure games, multiple good zombie games, multiple good puzzle games, and so forth.

Games are just too expansive in scope for any one game to be considered the best. Bottom line here is that I personally feel like that attitude is an unhealthy one. There shouldn't be one single thing considered better and/or on a higher level than all others. Could that be good for competition? Sure. But you know what could also be good for competition? A collective group of games considered to be the 'gold standard' rather than just one. Think that gives a better frame of perspective as well, because not everyone likes a single type of games.

Every now and then, you see a "X is the best Y ever"-- or more specifically, "X is the best game ever"-- comment somewhere, and I can't help but think about all this when I see it. So I guess that is a miniature rant of sorts, too.

I dunno, I have never been comfortable with holding one game above all others. Hell, not even just games. I was never really on board with the idea of there being a best TV show, the best movie, the best song, the best book... I feel having one above all is an injustice to all the fantastic works that have been created by so many brilliant minds through out the years. To be fair, I'm okay with stuff like Game/film/album of the year. Still don't fully agree with it, but understandable enough, I suppose. But of all time? I just don't know. That seems too... grandiose to me.

Or to sum all that up: I never agreed with the "X is the best Y of all time" line of thinking, and I'm curious who else on here-- if anyone-- feels a similar way about things.

This is just some general musing. Gets a bit crowded in my head at times, so it's good to get some of the shit I'm thinking about into the open, you know?

• When someone says a game is the best, there's usually a bit of personal preference involved in that decision (e.g I could say GTA is the best game of all time because I like open-world games , but there could be an FPS that's made better).

Deltino posted: »

I have a question: how many of you agree with the concept of there being a 'best game'? How do you feel when someone cites this or that a

• That is the absolute most clickbait thumbnail I've ever seen. But it's a well edited one at that.

• I think choosing an objective best game of all time is quite literally impossible. There are far too many games in the world, and each game that can be considered for that role has something that bogs it down that another game does not have. However, I think it's personally fine for somebody to have their own subjective best game of all time. Something that people consider to be the best they've ever seen or played. As long as they treat it as opinion it's alright.

Deltino posted: »

I have a question: how many of you agree with the concept of there being a 'best game'? How do you feel when someone cites this or that a

• edited February 2017

Just beat Dead Rising 2 on PS4. For anybody who knows me well enough I rated Dead Rising 2 a 9/10 and called it my favorite zombie game of all time, and while that title has changed the rating has not. So getting to play it on PS4 was exciting for me. I was a little worried about the quality of the game due to some last gen re-releases not always being the best. (cough silent hill hd cough) But fortunately the nine divines spared me from pain and agony and the PS4 port of Dead Rising 2 is actually pretty good!

Since I've already talked endlessly about how great this game is, I'm gonna sum up all the good stuff the remaster adds.

1: Visuals - This is a given with any PS4/Xbox One port but god damn if this game doesn't look so much better than the original. For starters textures look a lot better, Chuck's hair looks a lot less flat, walls look much better, items/weapons look much better, zombies are somewhat better looking, blood has slightly improved, skin still looks like sandpaper but the other visual changes are pretty great. The game running at a consistent 60 FPS throughout 95% of the game wasn't a bad touch either. If you guys know me I don't really care about performance/FPS or overall visuals in the game. They're nice if they're good but a game doesn't NEED to have great visuals to be good. However, I will admit that the 60 FPS really shows in this game and it's a very noticable difference, adding onto the experience greatly.

2: Sound Design - One thing Capcom has always been good at no matter what game it is has been sound design. Even the worst games by them have exceptional sound design, be it how you hear things, what can and cannot be heard, sound effects and voices. And the Dead Rising series has always hit the nail on the head. The sound effects are unforgettable, the music is fun and light toned and the gore noises are always appreciated. And the PS4 version of Dead Rising 2 is no different. It definitely improves on the sound design from the original, not by a lot but it's always appreciated when sound design is well made.

3: Quests - I don't know about anyone else, but a huge issue I had with the original release and the first game was that everything was super convoluted. The menus made things better but not by much. But thankfully the new version fixes all the bugs with the arrow, helps you find quests easier, has way better A.I design and if you missed a line of dialogue it didn't really matter because the objective was easy to find. Granted the changes to quests are more of a smoothing out than major changes, but smoothing rough edges out is super helpful.

Overall, I give the PS4 re-release of Dead Rising 2 a 9.5/10. They changed things that needed to be changed, didn't change things that didn't and ported a great game to a great console. The smaller issues from the original release are still there but the game is still the same with some technical changes, which bumps it to a 9.5/10 instead of a 9, and I can't wait to play the PS4 version of Dead Rising 1. Oh, and the online servers are thankfully much more alive and the game came packaged with some neat little pieces of clothing in the wardrobe in the safe house and that was a very nice touch. I wore the psychopath mask and the combat clothes throughout the majority of the game.

For anyone who's curious here's a little summary of my playthrough. (Yes I'm aware I didn't get Katey any gifts, gonna change that on Playthrough 2)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.