The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Holy shit it's so fucking hot here in Melbourne help me!

Got the fan on right next to me at full blast but I'm still sweating.

• I'm sorry to hear that.

It's so hot where I am, too. I know how it feels.

lupinb0y posted: »

Holy shit it's so fucking hot here in Melbourne help me! Got the fan on right next to me at full blast but I'm still sweating.

• Happy anniversary dojo

dojo32161 posted: »

Since it's past midnight where I am, it's technically my 3 year anniversary of creating my forum account. Woohoo!

• Happy anniversary.

Since it's past midnight where I am, it's technically my 3 year anniversary of creating my forum account. Woohoo!

• I english am jealous

You never see that word anymore, am, it doesnt even look or sound like a real word am am AM

Holy shit it's so fucking hot here in Melbourne help me! Got the fan on right next to me at full blast but I'm still sweating.

• I don't know what your talking about.

I am confused.

I english am jealous You never see that word anymore, am, it doesnt even look or sound like a real word am am AM

• I R baboon

Acheive250 posted: »

I don't know what your talking about. I am confused.

• Happy anniversary.

Not sure if I remember you back in 2014, but you've certainly made a name for yourself ever since.

• edited March 2017

[removed]

• ... Wait, what?

I R baboon

• I just played episode three of Tales From The Borderlands... and... it... was...

AMAZING!!!

I loved every moment of it.
    I think TFTBL might do what I previously thought was impossible... Unless the last two episodes go seriously downhill, I think it will replace The Walking Dead: Season One as my most favorite game ever.

• . @TWDazehnuu has requested a voluntary ban for a little while. Posting this in case people ask.

• edited March 2017

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/125625961?t=01h04m14s

In case anyone is interested, at around the 1 hour 4 minutes mark is footage from the Borderlands 3 tech demo, running on UE4, Gearbox showed off today. The link should take you the right time stamp.

enter image description here

• Yes, it was him. I think I'd know. ;)

rabbitrun posted: »

You sure, it was your bf who took the picture ?

• edited March 2017

Thank you. It was a much needed vacation. :) I didn't know he took it until I was transferring the photos to my computer so I could upload them to facebook. We got a few pretty nice shots. Here's one I took on my phone before we headed home.

Edit: Fixed grammar issues.

WarpSpeed posted: »

That's actually pretty good for a surprise picture! Glad you liked your vacation!

• http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/03/01/final-fantasy-xv-director-hints-final-fantasy-series-will-continue-brand-used-danger/

Tabata-san explained that Final Fantasy creator Hironobu Sakaguchi told him that his mission was to make Final Fantasy a challenger again, by working like this was the last chance.

Shortly after Tabata-san was named Director of the game, he talked with the head of sales at Square Enix, and learned that sales forecasts for the game were quite low, under five millions worldwide. Moving away from turn-based combat had been deemed unwise, and that the Final Fantasy brand had was considered “diminished” and “in danger.”

That’s why Tabata-san set a sales goal a million units higher than the forecast, at six millions. He thought that setting a high goal would have brought the team together, forcing them to push through whatever obstacle was placed in their way.

“In the end, Final Fantasy XV was completed, and it’s finally in everybody’s hands. Within a month of release, we sold six million copies. As I said at the beginning, if we failed this time, there wouldn’t be a next time, which means that probably this isn’t our final Final Fantasy. The series will probably live on.”
    So Tabata is ineed the savior of 'offline' Final Fantasy as a brand

Based Tabata.

• Bonus: A cute story of Tabata and his daughter :3

http://kotaku.com/and-now-a-cute-story-from-the-development-of-final-fan-1792860655?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

One day during the development of Final Fantasy XV, as director Hajime Tabata was leaving for work, his six-year-old daughter came up to him and gave him a hug.

“Without letting go,” Tabata said at a panel during the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco this morning, “she asked me, ‘How much longer will you be busy?’”

Tabata didn’t know how to respond, he said, so he told his daughter that it was going to be a while.

“On hearing that, she held her tears back,” Tabata said, speaking through a translator. “With a big smile, she said, chin up and keep up the good work, daddy. Then she went back to her room and brought me a picture drawing of me working. It wasn’t a good drawing, actually. She obviously put her worry for me ahead of her own loneliness. Seeing her fight to hold back tears hit me very hard as a parent.”

Shortly afterwards, Tabata met with his team at Square Enix and put together an event: Family Day, where they’d all bring their parents, spouses, and children to work.

MichaelBP posted: »

http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/03/01/final-fantasy-xv-director-hints-final-fantasy-series-will-continue-brand-used-danger/ Tabata-sa

• [removed]

• Today marks my fourth anniversary since I've joined the forums.

Can't believe it's already been four years.

• That's absolute shit, mate. My textbooks were pretty expensive too and I'd be pissed if someone pinched mine. What type of lockers are they? The ones at our school have the dials with the four-digit code that you can get into pretty easily if you just watch someone enter their number. We haven't had any thefts that I know of, thankfully.

• How far are we into the zombie apocalypse in The Walking Dead Game? I've lost track.

• edited March 2017

Well Breath of the Wild currently has 40 perfect scores:

• Edge - 10/10 (that's like an 12/10 on other outlets)
    • Famitsu - 40/40
    • Jeuxvideo site - 20/20, the 2nd perfect score they've ever given. First was for Wind Waker back in 2003.
    • Gamespot - 10/10 (best game Ninty has ever made according to them)
    • IGN - 10/10
    • Giantbomb - 5/5
    • Pressstart.com - 10/10
    • God is Geek - 10/10
    • Polygon - 10/10
    • Gamesradar - 5/5
    • Gamescentral - 10/10, "the Zelda ever made, and possibly the best game ever made"
    • Destructoid - 10/10
    • NintendoLife - 10/10
    • RPG Site.net - 10/10
    • DigitalChumps - 10/10
    • Gamesreactor - 10/10
    • USGamer - 5/5
    • metro.uk - 10/10
    • spaziogames.it - 10/10
    • Game Informer - 10/10
    • The Digital Fix - 10/10
    • Gaming Trend - 10/10
    • Nintendo Insider - 10/10
    • Gamer.nl - 10/10
    • Spieletester.com - 10/10
    • The Guardian - 5/5
    • Trusted Reviews - 5/5
    • etc.

Also some 9s:

• Gameblog.fr - 9/10
    • Gamepro - 9.4/10
    • Easy Allies - 4.5/5
    • GamersGlobal.de - 9.5/10
    • Multiplayer.it - 9.7/10
    • EGM - 9.5/10
    • CGMagazine - 9.5/10
    • Jeuxvideolive -18/20
    • NZGamer - 9.5/10
    • The Sixth Axis - 9/10
      Also saw a 9.9, but not sure what that outlet is called.

No score:

Eurogamer - Essential
    Kotaku - Best Zelda game to date

Current Metacritic score: 98 after 64 reviews

• The aliens from Majora's Mask were going to come to Hyrule.

Euron posted: »

wat

• 4-5 years.

Kenny/Lee posted: »

How far are we into the zombie apocalypse in The Walking Dead Game? I've lost track.

• So are kids stealing books to sell to other kids? Or maybe its the teachers...

• You sure are hyped aren't you

Well Breath of the Wild currently has 40 perfect scores: * Edge - 10/10 (that's like an 12/10 on other outlets) * Famitsu - 40/40 *

• edited March 2017

Of course, been hyped for it for the last 3 years. :) The only other game coming out soon that has me almost as hyped is probably NieR Automata.

You sure are hyped aren't you

• It's a MASTAPEACE

Looks like it's shaping up to be Nintendo's magnum opus.

Also one website no one has heard of gave the game a bad review so RIP that website.

Well Breath of the Wild currently has 40 perfect scores: * Edge - 10/10 (that's like an 12/10 on other outlets) * Famitsu - 40/40 *

• I have one very important question for you...did you give Sasha the flower?

I just played episode three of Tales From The Borderlands... and... it... was... AMAZING!!! I loved every moment of it. I think TFTBL

• Hopefully it inspires the rest of Nintendo's teams to be as ambitious as Aonuma's was with BoTW. So far it's already shaping up to not hust be the GOTY, but also the best reviwed game this gen.

RIP in peace that site indeed, it's gonna get flooded with hate.

It's a MASTAPEACE Looks like it's shaping up to be Nintendo's magnum opus. Also one website no one has heard of gave the game a bad review so RIP that website.

• Yes... Yes I did. One of my favorite moments in the whole game.

I have one very important question for you...did you give Sasha the flower?

• Woah, why does everyone want to be banned lately?

. @TWDazehnuu has requested a voluntary ban for a little while. Posting this in case people ask.

• Not be insensitive here, but isn't this game getting WAY too much praise? Not saying it's bad, that's for sure but there are no perfect games.

• Smart and correct choice.

Yes... Yes I did. One of my favorite moments in the whole game.

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited March 2017

Resell em' on the Internet, probably. you don't sell stolen property where you stole it.

So are kids stealing books to sell to other kids? Or maybe its the teachers...

• I'm playing Resident Evil Remake on the Real Survival mode. I'm sure gonna suck at it so much.

• 10 doesn't mean "perfect".

10 means "incredible in a way few games are; one of the best games of all time".

AronDracula posted: »

Not be insensitive here, but isn't this game getting WAY too much praise? Not saying it's bad, that's for sure but there are no perfect games.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.