The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I ordered a tub of snail slime

• What are you gonna used it for?

I ordered a tub of snail slime

• He shouldn't have said that, and you should disregard it. (Same as if someone replied to you with "kys" - they don't mean it literally.) Try to forget it and pretend it didn't happen. If he repeats it, tell him in a serious tone that you have some painful experiences in that area and would prefer he not go there, and don't elaborate beyond that. ("That's all I have to say about that.")

joshua007 posted: »

I need some advice or else it's stuck in my head for weeks because I will see my mentor over two weeks Friend: I lost faith in humanity

• I think that's the original avatar that Squishy Cthulhu used, so it's funny (to me) that she's the one telling you how to change it. I must be easily entertained.

Hello, im new here. Hows everyone doing? How do I change my avatar?

• Im going to smear it on my face like a deranged fool (its actually a popular ingredient in korean skincare... weird i know)

Ekelund21 posted: »

What are you gonna used it for?

• I went to the doctor because our insurance wanted a referral for the therapy I've already been to once before.

I ended up hearing my morbidly obese doctor's life story about her weight and a bunch of bull about starvation mode while my mom nodded along. Also found out I was right: I'm not obese now, but I've been obese since age 3. Thanks mom and daddy. Doc said that, despite the fact that I have a BMI of 26, I look skinny enough and losing anymore would make me look sick. Yeah, I've gained 12 pounds in the last 3 months... Doc also told me to eat intuitively. I have a goddamn binge-restrict eating disorder, Dr. L, I can't do that.

I ended up leaving with a prescription for Prozac. No tests to see if I have a chemical imbalance. Just asked for my consent and my mom's. My gran was pissed; she said, "Those assholes would rather drug the symptom instead of fixing the root."

sigh On the bright side, Prozac is also used to treat EDs (I was given it for depression) and seems to help work as an appetite suppressant since it treats bulimia and binge-eating disorder. So yay for that, I guess.

• So you have a history of bulimia and she called you obese, shes clearly a fucking idiot and should be sent back to med school

I went to the doctor because our insurance wanted a referral for the therapy I've already been to once before. I ended up hearing my morb

• Oh so that's what my brain was trying to tell me when I saw their conversation. I felt like there was something I remembered here haha.

WarpSpeed posted: »

I think that's the original avatar that Squishy Cthulhu used, so it's funny (to me) that she's the one telling you how to change it. I must be easily entertained.

• Its a good avatar it looks lovecraftian enough to please me

I think that's the original avatar that Squishy Cthulhu used, so it's funny (to me) that she's the one telling you how to change it. I must be easily entertained.

• Bore that I am, I watched through the Ken Burns Civil War doc that's on Netflix. I find the history of this period fascinating, and have read through Battle Cry of Freedom and other books like that, so in that light I found the doc very comprehensive and thoughtful.

A spit take may or may not have happened when I learned Sherman had to say about reporters:

If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast.

He's one figure from history I would resurrect just to have a beer with, though I doubt he'd appreciate it much

• Gorgeous.

(not my pics) Out of the hundred or so color morphs domesticated red foxes come in, I'd have to say this one, called collicott, is my favorite.

• How the hell do you people even survive in that country...

I went to the doctor because our insurance wanted a referral for the therapy I've already been to once before. I ended up hearing my morb

• General practitioners usually aren't great when it comes to eating disorders. Hopefully you got the referral you needed to keep seeing your therapist.

If you have the Prozac, you might as well give it a try and see what happens.

• I've been playing Slime Rancher recently. It's very weirdly addicting.

• Good to know Sophmore year is going to probably be more harder than freshman year

enter image description here

• Just wait till junior year, that's by far the most difficult.

Good to know Sophmore year is going to probably be more harder than freshman year

• Junior year of HS is the worst, slightly worse than the 1st semester (quarter? depends on your school system) of senior year when you have all those college apps because at least you know that the 2nd part of senior year will be a fuckin breeze lol.

Imaging Technology sounds interesting tho lol

Just wait till junior year, that's by far the most difficult.

• Thank you!!!!

Hi You can make a custom avatar using gravatar you have to use the same email for your telltale and gravatar account for it to work

• WARNING, MAJOR SPOILERS FOR TALES FROM THE BORDERLANDS IN THIS POST!!!

So, I finished Tales for the first time AND IT WAS AMAZING!!

I'm really happy that Telltale didn't kill the characters I love. (Rhys, Sasha, Fiona, Vaughn, Loader Bot, Gortys, Sasha) Like they usually do.
    But there are a few things I didn't like about the grand finale.

1. The Vault Monster Battle Felt Pointless.
    Okay, I loved the battle against the monster, it was awesome and I really enjoyed it, but I kind of felt that there wasn't really a point in summoning it again. I know they wanted the treasure, and Loader Bot wanted Gortys back and all that, but wasn't it a little too risky, considering what happened last time.

2. The Stranger is... Loader Bot!?
    Yes, I thought this was kind of weird. I expected it to be someone like Felix or something. (He died on my playthrough, so I don't know if he shows up again if he doesn't die) And in my opinion, his reason of kidnapping them wasn't really good enough. He saw the monster, shouldn't he have known they had no choice?

3. The Ending
    I thought this was a little strange. Nearly a year ago, before I played the game, I read that in the ending Rhys disappears in the vault (Yes, only Rhys, not Fiona), and so when Gortys said that the vault only stays in one place for a couple of minutes/seconds (can't remember) before blinking away, I thought that when they enter it at the end, Rhys wouldn't escape in time or something and the vault would blink away with him in it. And I actually think that would've been much better than how it happened, even if Fiona didn't escape either.

Also, I read somewhere (ages ago) that the game ended with a battle against the series' antagonist, Vasquez. So, I don't know whats up with that. (Unless that depends on an earlier choice or something)

And that's about it. Also, I didn't get to see the full ending credits because of a glitch that the game had and that really sucked, I always watch the credits. And now Telltale is disappointed in me... But before you think I hated the episode, I didn't. I loved it, it was awesome. Those listed above are the only things I didn't like/thought was weird.

Let me know what you think of my opinions. (Also, should I of made a new thread instead?)

• So glad to hear you enjoyed. It's the best Telltale game of 2015. I still wish Season 2 is in development but that won't happen any sooner since the next Borderlands game is Borderlands 3.

• Nah, I have a history of binge eating disorder and anorexic eating patterns. I meant that Prozac is used to treat the binging patterns in bulimia.

So you have a history of bulimia and she called you obese, shes clearly a fucking idiot and should be sent back to med school

• That's what I was thinking too. I'm giving the Prozac a try.

General practitioners usually aren't great when it comes to eating disorders. Hopefully you got the referral you needed to keep seeing your therapist. If you have the Prozac, you might as well give it a try and see what happens.

• Hey there fellow Virginian!

Good to know Sophmore year is going to probably be more harder than freshman year

• Hey, glad you enjoyed it! Always nice to see new fans. :) As for your points:

1. Vallory and her goons weren't prepared for a monster of that calibre. This time our heroes had a plan and people who knew what to expect. And a frigging moonbeam. Also you underestimate the power of love.

2. Yeah well, Telltale themselves didn't have it figured who was going to be the Stranger from the beginning. They only had a list of possible candidates. But aside from the fact that Stranger treated Rhys like shit for no reason, I thought it was a pretty cool reveal. Certainly glad that it wasn't Felix, because I shot him. Not sure how would you come back from that. And yes, he can determinantly show up (if he's alive).
      Anywho, Loader Bot couldn't have known that Gortys is the only thing holding monster and the Vault at one place. All he saw was Fiona/Sasha shooting Gortys.

3. Gortys acts as a beacon and as long as she's around, the Vault should stay at one place. But it's been a while since the last time I played it, so I might be wrong about it. Also dunno where you got that Vasquez information, lel. He's pretty much RIP after Episode 3.

And yes, you should definitely make a new thread in the TftB section. It's been pretty dead lately and could use some traffic. :P

Btw, you should definitely replay with different choices at some point, because there are a lot of determinant scenes in this game (with trusting Jack/Fiona probably being the most impactful.) Some of them are especially hilarious (for example not telling Vaughn about Jack in Ep 2).

PS: Who was in your Vault Team?

• edited March 2017

Who was in your Vault Team?

The three I picked for my team were August, Athena and Springs. I wanted to pick Zer0 instead of Springs but he was locked. I really liked how the choices actually seemed to matter a little bit in this game. Determining who can join you.

Gortys acts as a beacon and as long as she's around, the Vault should stay at one place.

I thought it was only while she was in her "True Form", because after the battle, she turns back into the small version.

Also, that reminds me. Why does Zer0 never show up again after episode 1? (Besides Episode 5, maybe the answer to my question is there) Who was that that hired him to find the Gortys Project? I thought it might've been Valory he was talking to at the end of episode one... Before I heard her voice, that is.

Or is he from another Borderlands game?

And yes, I will definitely replay the game to see how the different choices play out.

Pipas posted: »

Hey, glad you enjoyed it! Always nice to see new fans. As for your points: * Vallory and her goons weren't prepared for a monster of t

• I know everyone seems to think it's legitimate crap... But I'm actually really excited to play TWD: ANF for the first time, which I'll be doing within the next couple of days maybe.

• Yeah, you need to tell Mordecai that you're a Vault Hunter to unlock Zer0. I'm glad I did, he was pretty awesome. :)

In Episode 5, Zer0 says he abandoned that mission because his quest queue was full. :D He was hired by Moxxi, questgiver NPC from previous Borderlands games, who loves sexual innuendos. Also Scooter's mother, if you can believe it.

enter image description here

Acheive250 posted: »

Who was in your Vault Team? The three I picked for my team were August, Athena and Springs. I wanted to pick Zer0 instead of Springs

• Random fact I just discovered:

Apparently, I own 6 versions of Space Truckin' by Deep Purple(original + 5 covers by 5 different artists).

• Is it..uh safe to share your school's name like that?

• How is she scooter's mother? She looks too young to have a son that old.

Pipas posted: »

Yeah, you need to tell Mordecai that you're a Vault Hunter to unlock Zer0. I'm glad I did, he was pretty awesome. In Episode 5, Zer0 say

• edited March 2017

Damn...the Iron Fist TV series is getting terrible feedback from the critics, scoring a measly 9% on Rotten Tomatoes and 32% from Metacritic.

This sounds like a bigger problem with the writing, pacing, poor action scenes, and uninteresting characters to me than it is about a white martial artist and superhero not being represented by an Asian actor instead of a white actor.

Even if the main character was replaced by a non-white actor to appeal the fans calling out for diversity, I don't think it would have made the reception any better than the show has right now.

• Does any1 know good Android Apps that don't take a lot of space ? Also how else can I call "space" in englando ? space on my device? memory?

• edited March 2017

Prozac has worked very well for me. Good luck to you! :)

That's what I was thinking too. I'm giving the Prozac a try.

• What kind of apps are you looking for?

Another word for phone space would be storage, data, or memory.

rabbitrun posted: »

Does any1 know good Android Apps that don't take a lot of space ? Also how else can I call "space" in englando ? space on my device? memory?

• Just some apps to kill time ;/ games I guess ?

What kind of apps are you looking for? Another word for phone space would be storage, data, or memory.

• Picross puzzles are sort of fun and I like sudoku they usually dont take much space

Just some apps to kill time ;/ games I guess ?

• Block! Hexa Puzzle
    Magic Piano
    Stack
    Six
    Jelly Jump
    Virtual Beggar
    Crossy Road
    Disco Zoo

Just some apps to kill time ;/ games I guess ?

• Hmm I'll try these when I have WiFi..

Too bad you can't sort Apps by size in Google Play Store.

Block! Hexa Puzzle Magic Piano Stack Six Jelly Jump Virtual Beggar Crossy Road Disco Zoo

• JotterPad for writing.

Does any1 know good Android Apps that don't take a lot of space ? Also how else can I call "space" in englando ? space on my device? memory?

• I doubt any of us enjoy murdering people and wearing their faces. Most likely.

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

Is it..uh safe to share your school's name like that?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.