The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited March 2017

Playtonic removes JonTron from Yooka-Laylee

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-03-23-playtonic-removes-controversial-youtuber-jontron-from-yooka-laylee

UK developer Playtonic has removed the controversial YouTuber JonTron from its upcoming title Yooka-Laylee.

JonTron - real name Jon Jafari - has found himself in the news in recent weeks following a series of far-right views about immigration, ethnicity and nationalism.

JonTron was doing voice acting for the game, for those who didn't know.

"We recently became aware of comments made by voice artist JonTron after development on Yooka-Laylee had been completed," the firm told GamesIndustry.biz in a statement.

"JonTron is a talented video presenter who we were initially, two years ago, happy to include as a voice contributor in our game. However, in light of his recent personal viewpoints we have made the decision to remove JonTron's inclusion in the game via a forthcoming content update. We would like to make absolutely clear that we do not endorse or support JonTron's personal viewpoints and that, as an external fan contributor, he does not represent Playtonic in any capacity. Playtonic is a studio that celebrates diversity in all forms and strives to make games that everyone can enjoy. As such, we deeply regret any implied association that could make players feel anything but 100% comfortable in our game worlds, or distract from the incredible goodwill and love shown by our fans and Kickstarter backers."

Replace him with Dunkey please.

• GR: W is the archetypical "golden turd" product. Plentiful shiny features, great marketing with no expense spared but really it's just an overbuilt, unrefined pile of shit.

Seems to be problem throughout the entertainment industry these days.

lupinb0y posted: »

I just went through a streak of horrible glitches in Ghost Recon: Wildlands. This fucking shit heap of a game by Ubisoft. There's a missi

• Not sure what to think about removing Jon Jafari due to his beliefs and statements, but I suppose from a business standpoint it's necessary to ensure that the product you're trying to promote is not tied with someone who holds and promotes controversial beliefs, which could bring down the social standing of the product you're trying to sell and the company you're trying to run.

MichaelBP posted: »

Playtonic removes JonTron from Yooka-Laylee http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-03-23-playtonic-removes-controversial-youtuber-jon

• edited March 2017

Me: "Well shit, my blood sugar is low."

Classmate: "You're diabetic? Can't you go take insulin?"

Me, internally: First off, I ain't diabetic and second of all, THAT'S NOT HOW YOU TREAT A LOW.

Me, externally:

enter image description here

Dammit, hypoglycemia jfc.

• 11/10 bio.

Clemenem posted: »

Thanks for helping me acheive this. I appreciate all of you

• I would do the same. Perhaps it's even better for the child to be alone with his father (is the guy his dad?) so they can talk to each other and have some fun, like kids and fathers do.

Kenny/Lee posted: »

I've been going out with this woman for about a month. She's a nice gal and I really like her. The only thing is, her and her ex-boyfriend a

• I feel like it might fit an episodic format more, but I don't want it to be a generic action series where the Templars ate the stereotypical evil dudes and the Assassins are always right. I read the novel of Unity and they did it pretty well. I'd like them to actually show the clash of ideologies that doesn't get shown in the game.

AronDracula posted: »

Assassin's Creed is going to have a TV adaptation. What the fuck?

• Yeah it's that mission. Fuckin' damn near impossible to play due to the unpredictable(shitty) AI.

Lemme guess -- the El Pulpo mission where you take him to the airport? Yeah, watching that I knew it would be a nightmare to play. Cliché zombies are more intelligent than the AI in this game. e_e

• New poster for Alien: Covenant. They've been super on point with these posters. This one is so awesome!

• I have probably been living under a rock, but who is this JonTron guy and what kind of so called "racist" things has he said ?

Playtonic removes JonTron from Yooka-Laylee http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-03-23-playtonic-removes-controversial-youtuber-jon

• ...Awsome.

Found this really cool fan art of Roger Waters doing Pink Floyd's The Wall tour in 1980. They even got the headphones he used in the shows r

• ...Don't you love the kid? Jezz... that's what my grandma used to tell my folks... "Oh, I took care of your children when you were too busy in your work, son, and now you're leaving me!?" Like, she didn't enjoy being with us? Fuck you, Grandma.

I've been going out with this woman for about a month. She's a nice gal and I really like her. The only thing is, her and her ex-boyfriend a

• So I watched this

And then I watched this

And now my mind of SO-FUCKING-BLOWED my inner writer is having an orgasm right now I NEED TO FUCKING DRAW OR WRITE SOMETHING HGHRNEUJNUHÑAKSÑJDJAÑFJQÑWANÑEofewhfu IS THIS WHAT THEY CALL DUENDE

I'm trying to figure everything out and relate it with Secrets (Cellar Door) and Sisters (Ben said Everything Costs was originally meant for the youngest sister mentioned in that song)

I LOVE RADICAL FACE SO MUCH DIHFWLQFLOLNOLIfenilfhqwuifnauqwinefuiwna

• enter image description here

ousen posted: »

I have probably been living under a rock, but who is this JonTron guy and what kind of so called "racist" things has he said ?

• I had a good time reading this topic. It's all so funny)))

• Managed to read all 2,791 pages in the one day you've been a member? :)

Jamitac posted: »

I had a good time reading this topic. It's all so funny)))

• So he is a logical human being that has pissed of people that live in a fairytale, hopefully his career won't suffer to much from this. Anyway thanks for the information.

• Does she consider herself a mom of sorts to this kid? I don't know how serious and how long she was with her ex-boyfriend. If the kid is very special to her, and if you plan on staying with her, chances are you're going to have to form a relationship with him, anyway. If she's just doing favors for her ex-boyfriend, then you don't have to help.

• edited March 2017

"a low?"

Edit: oops sry, didn't read below picture :x (on mobile)

Me: "Well shit, my blood sugar is low." Classmate: "You're diabetic? Can't you go take insulin?" Me, internally: First off, I ain't diabetic and second of all, THAT'S NOT HOW YOU TREAT A LOW. Me, externally: Dammit, hypoglycemia jfc.

• It's okay! :)

rabbitrun posted: »

"a low?" Edit: oops sry, didn't read below picture :x (on mobile)

• Following your logic, you'd never want to hang out with a child.

Who's his father? Lol doesn't matter it's irrelevant in this situation, you're not going to adopt him man.

• Alien Covenant a.k.a Cosmic Gangbang.

lupinb0y posted: »

New poster for Alien: Covenant. They've been super on point with these posters. This one is so awesome!

• First comment from me on this megathread.

What's on my mind:

I've been pretty down lately, am I'm not very close to my family and literally haven't left the house for a week... So I've hardly had contact with anyone.

I feel like playing The Wolf Among Us again.

• Just when I thought things couldn't really get much worse...

• I've already replaced the dog with a stray cat called Noodle that kept showing up at my house, and since you can't directly control pets in TS2 I don't want more than one because the pets keep destroying my furniture. I've also got the maximum number of sims in my household, so I'm not sure if I can get another pet anyway.

I would rather play TS3 because I love the open world, but it lags on my PC and the pets always appear like this:

I also got TS2 free with all expansions on Origin 2 years ago, so I'm until I get a proper gaming PC I'll stick with TS2. What town/neighborhood do you play on?

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

Testingcheatsenabled? I still own some expansions of TS2 but am currently playing TS3 because it has much more options. But I believe we can all agree that it's an amazing game and the best of all sims franchise.

• edited March 2017

What would you say arethe most fitting genres of music/songs for The Walking Dead? Been trying to find songs that sounds like it would fit the series but having trouble thinking of an appropriate genre for it. I know country music is one but what other genres should I look into?

• Damn this episode I heard somethings around this one

• edited March 2017

Let's also not forget the fact that he thinks black people are ingrained to be violently criminal, pretty much.

(Edited to add: he basically made an unsubstantiated claim that wealthy black Americans commit more crimes than poor whites - basically this type of shit implies that black people are inherently more criminal and/or violent than white people, which...it's 2017. why is that type of thinking even a thing?)

• That too, as well as believing that immigrants/minorities "dilute the White gene pool".

Let's also not forget the fact that he thinks black people are ingrained to be violently criminal, pretty much. (Edited to add: he basica

• WHAAAAAT I didn't even know about that one?! Who is he tryin to be, Rep. Steve King??

The fact that his dad is an Iranian immigrant.... My god.

That too, as well as believing that immigrants/minorities "dilute the White gene pool".

• I HATE HOUSING I HATE THE BAY AREA

WHY DID I DECIDE TO GO TO SCHOOL IN THIS HOUSING CRISIS HELL

• Yep, that's who he's trying to rep.

This is a real big case of "fuck, got mine". Basically, he lucked out that he can pass off as white.

WHAAAAAT I didn't even know about that one?! Who is he tryin to be, Rep. Steve King?? The fact that his dad is an Iranian immigrant.... My god.

• Great, now that Blindwave is done reacting to Avatar, what the hell am I going to do on Mondays and Fridays?

• edited March 2017

NVM

Great, now that Blindwave is done reacting to Avatar, what the hell am I going to do on Mondays and Fridays?

• He how are you doing it has been along time ago since I've seen you

I HATE HOUSING I HATE THE BAY AREA WHY DID I DECIDE TO GO TO SCHOOL IN THIS HOUSING CRISIS HELL

• Hey, guys. I need advice.

I got a great idea for a fanfic, and I have this pressure in my throat and chest you have when you HAVE to do art, and you feel that if you don't your body will explode. But I don't know... I haven't writen fanfiction is years, and I already have two writing proyects I should put more hours of work in, and this fanfiction proyect not only makes me feel a little pathetic, but it will take me around one or two years to finish, with the research, playing, reading, listening to music, studying physics and philosophy, formutaling theories, watching gameplays, learning about schizophrenia, replaying the game, define my opinion on life and death and what Reality truly is, and at leats five drafts. And that only for the fanfiction, considering I only have to create around 50 percent of the World to expand the universe and I only have 7 OC's in mind to develop. How can I work in such a simple proyect with another one already in the list, with a full set of characters and a brand new universe to create from 0, making sure I don't copy anyone by accident in the process?

In the other hand, I don't want to let this awsome fanfic idea go away and take away my inspiration. And maybe I should start writing something easier before I work on my book.

I have a smaller proyect now, and I was thinking about starting with the fanfic when I finish it, but I don't know if it's a good idea.

So, what do I do? I start to write the fanfic when I finish what I'm doing, or I wait until I finish both this small proyect AND the book?

• JenniferJennifer Moderator

Dateline NBC is airing the story of my friend's murder by her own husband. I certainly can't watch it, but it's good that this is getting national attention.

He was found guilty - so there was a small bit of justice for Kelley - even though that monster left his own kids without a mother.

• There is a southern gothic playlist on spotify its in the folk section its perfect for walking dead and its regularly updated

What would you say arethe most fitting genres of music/songs for The Walking Dead? Been trying to find songs that sounds like it would fit t

• Also you might want to check out horror punk its fast its fun but dont take it seriously Frankenstein drag queens from planet 13 are good check youtube

What would you say arethe most fitting genres of music/songs for The Walking Dead? Been trying to find songs that sounds like it would fit t

• Don't do a fanfic at all if it's going to take years to complete. Fanfics are only for quick projects, where you need characters and a universe that already exist because you don't have time to define them all. If you're going to spend a couple of years on something, you can probably use the same concepts with your own universe.

Of course, Telltale doesn't follow this advice.

Hey, guys. I need advice. I got a great idea for a fanfic, and I have this pressure in my throat and chest you have when you HAVE to do a

Sign in to comment in this discussion.