The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• You're not imagining things, I'm seeing it too.

AronDracula posted: »

Did Telltale just update the site? We have a cart near the profile button.

• Looks like Telltale loves to fuck with their own site.

RichWalk23 posted: »

You're not imagining things, I'm seeing it too.

• I finished watching Iron Man. It was okay, I didn't love it but I didn't hate it either, I obviously enjoyed it.

• edited April 2017

Yup. The notifications button is overlapping with my profile pic in the corner.
    It also seems we have a new 'store' tab on the top bar along with a cart icon for out Telltale cart.

Also, the "Scroll to next new comment" and "Mark all comments as read" buttons are completely white for me.

AronDracula posted: »

Did Telltale just update the site? We have a cart near the profile button.

• enter image description here

I don't know why I read "Santa is the god of the Jewish and the blacks."

• the fact that even though I took pretty good care of them, my ps2 games still somehow got scratches and became unplayable pisses me off

• Did you try toothpaste, that always worked for me

the fact that even though I took pretty good care of them, my ps2 games still somehow got scratches and became unplayable pisses me off

• No, but thanks for the suggestion, I'll try it later

Fmahmood99 posted: »

Did you try toothpaste, that always worked for me

• So the Switch is the fastest selling Nintendo console at launch, in the United States at least. Let's see if they kcan keep it up. And somehow the Switch version of Zelda sold more than the console itself.

Nintendo Switch, the new home gaming system that people can also take on the go, has sold faster in its launch month than any other video game system in Nintendo history. The Nintendo Switch system sold more than 906,000 units in March, according to the NPD Group, which tracks video game sales in the United States. That makes Nintendo Switch one of the fastest-selling video game systems of all time. Notably, this sales surge was accomplished in a nontraditional month for a console launch.

The Nintendo Switch system sold more than 906,000 units in March, according to the NPD Group, which tracks video game sales in the United States.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild game sold over 1.3 million units*. That total includes more than 925,000 units sold for Nintendo Switch and nearly 460,000 units sold for the Wii U console.

• That Last Jedi trailer is coming any time now...

• edited April 2017

Light effects suck but that will be fixed before December I hope

• Guys, to be honest, this never happened

AChicken posted: »

Sorry, what? Where is this place? What was this fight about? WHO had a gun and why?

• Riots in Colorado? No?

• edited April 2017

So I had a discussion with a friend of my while playing games
    Me: look at that hooker ooh well I won't mind a hooker I mean it.
    Friend starts ranting on me
    Oke I understand why people think hookers can be disgusting because they sleep with everyone but don't throw that shit on me when I see you paying hookers in games

• Holy shit, I just had the most stressful week of my life.

Signed the lease to my new apartment! (!!!!!!!) I already feel very poor.

I also learned that I might not get work-study for the summer until JULY 1ST (as opposed to June 1st...) which has COMPLETELY fucked me up and now I'm trying to find another job to supplement my income and enroll in community college classes instead of my university classes. AUGHHHHHH. I HATE LIFE

• Need some help with an essay I have to do for History. Been looking for hours and found nothing. Anything to do with Nazism and anti-semitic acts in Germany during the 1920s would be great, thanks.

• Hmmm. I've nearly finished Rise of the TombRaider and am trying to decide whether to get Bioshock: The Collection or Horizon: Zero Dawn...

• Look up the Beer Hall Putsch.

Need some help with an essay I have to do for History. Been looking for hours and found nothing. Anything to do with Nazism and anti-semitic acts in Germany during the 1920s would be great, thanks.

• That I know about. We covered it in History this year. What I'm looking for mostly is anti-Semitic acts committed by people who weren't necessarily Nazi Party members but supported antisemitism. The point of the essay is to explain the impact of Nazi policy in Germany and I want to include how the Jewish community in Germany was affected by the rising Nazi Party in the 1920's.

BigBlindMax posted: »

Look up the Beer Hall Putsch.

• Just finished playing dead Rising 4 dlc named frank rising tbh it's one of the most interesting dlc I have played to a Dr game it gave me l4d vibes

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited April 2017

I'm just spitballin' here, since I don't know of any individual acts that happened, but have you written about the rhetorical basis of German anti-semitism? Because much of that was formed in the 20's.

The right wing of the Nazi Party had its "stab in the back" theory about how the Jews sabotaged the war, which you probably know about. On the left wing were the Strasserists who opposed the Jews On an economic basis because of their historical role as traders and bankers.

In lands the Nazis.conquered, anti-semitism ran even deeper and there were many pogrons in places like Poland and the Ukranian SR, before the Nazis rose to power.

For more specific stuff. This this might be a good jumping-off point.

That I know about. We covered it in History this year. What I'm looking for mostly is anti-Semitic acts committed by people who weren't nece

• Does anyone else find Kylo Ren a shitty character here?

• Discovered credit cards yet? :)

Don't worry, once you get going, things get better.

Holy shit, I just had the most stressful week of my life. Signed the lease to my new apartment! (!!!!!!!) I already feel very poor. I

• edited April 2017

My Assassin's Creed 1 review coming up

• edited April 2017

enter image description here

Assassin's Creed Game series is one of the most populair and most profitable game series of all time and has sold over 70 milllion copies.
    The game series has expanded into books.
    Comics.
    And a live action movie.

Assassin's Creed was released in 2007 and the game is quite a mix of good and bad.

Story:
    The most important thing to me with a AC game is the story and setting comes second most of the time I am a huge AC story nerd since I was just a little boy and it effected my way at looking things when I was little and I could easily identify myself with the Assassin's philosofy and even the Templars when I was 10 years old I believe or younger.
    I left the franchise in 2014 because of the abonimation called Unity it was so bad actually I was stressed for months how something could be so fascinating bad to me I had even problems sleeping which is not a joke.
    I returned when the movie trailer came online and it made me a fan of the games again and so I went back into the games.

The story of AC series as a hole is a story of loss, identity, friendship, betrayel, mystery, growth, revenge, love, family, making mistakes, believes, humanity, history, legacy, choices, death, lust, power and more disguised as a historical/modern day si-fi paradise.

The story of AC1 starts really confusing actually for a first time player.
    The story opens in the year 2012 which was in 2007 the future but now it is the past.
    You play as the Assassin descendant Desmond Miles who has been kidnapped by this mystery company know as Abstergo Industries.
    Abstergo is what the Modern Day Templars have become in order to keep hidden from the world's eyes and use, science, manipulation, politics, money, violence to get to their goal at world domination.
    Abstergo has made the machine called the Animus a device to relive the life of your ancestor.
    I see a lot of people complaining that it sounds bullshit or it is not possible or just think it's a dumb idea but these exact damn people buy the logic of magic, spirits and radioactive spiders turning teenagers into freaking spider-man...
    I am going to say I believe that Genetic memory exist and I was planning on explaining it but I don't know how to explain it properly and explaining is not my strongest suit so let's get on with this review shall we.

You enter the Animus and start reliving the life of your ancestor Altair, in the beginning of the game we see him killing a innocent person and well acts like a dick about it to his companions.
    Altair fucks up everything in his mission and brings the Templars to the Assassin castle Masyaf and slaughter follows.
    Because of Altairs fuck up he gets stripped of his rank as master Assassin and becomes a student once more.
    On his quests to regain his title as master he has to learn the ways of the Assassin's again and hunt down his enemies one by one.
    This story shows a lot of duality between what is good and what is bad because neither side of the coin is good.
    Your targets are interesting and are based on historical people so the story sounds good right YES it is but here the problems come into the story... The characters and editing.
    See Altair is kinda a dick and not the fun kind I mean he hates everyone and almost everything in this story for the first hours which starts really annoying me and I get the feeling that he doesn't want to be in this game at all.
    The other Assassin's act like assholes to you to and emotionless which I can understand because they are Assassin's but I don't get the best impression when literally every character acts like a freaking dick, murderous guy to you.
    When the story Altair gets the most interesting we get thrown out of the Animus by the doctor Warren Vidic and his assistent Lucy Stillman because you need to get sleep or else negative effects of the Animus wil get to you NOTE: this only happens during the story but really interupts the flow of the story and nothing happens in them.
    I won't continue much on the story or else I get into story spoilers.

GAMEPLAY:
    Your weapons in the game are the hidden blade, throwing knifes, your fists and your sword and all these weapons get unlocked during the storyline.
    I used all these weapons in my playthrough because they all surf there function in the games combat with amazingly fun finishing moves.
    Altair can climb everything in this game but is extremly slow while doing this and it's pretty boring most of the times because nothing is going on besides every NPC annoying the flying fuck out of me.
    The Desmond sections of the game are mostly exposition and reading emails on computers which build lore and I find it really interesting but unfortunatly most emails got retconned in the sequels.
    But I do still find some joy in it because the streets can be really crowded sometimes and I leave the Animus to just... Relax my head which I miss in the current games.
    Desmond has also to learn the Assassin ways again so that is good IDENTITY and building a relationship with Altair right? WRONG Desmond acts like a freaking cunt.
    Most interesting thing sometimes is talking with Warren Vidic because I love the way he talks, moves, expresses his thoughts on everything he is literally one of the best motherfucking evil scientists in gaming PERIOD! He enjoys being freaking evil OMG I love this dude!!

OPEN WORLD:
    The city's are freaking beautiful after 10 years and atmosfere is freaking awesome! Somwe city's feel alive and others just depressing which I wouldn't mind if the city doesn't treat me like a piece of shit.
    In every city there are poor people begging you for money the only thing you can do is run away or punch them in the face believe you won't regret it.
    Every guard feels like a treat, every person who talks has something negative to say, every good person gets harrased and so on.
    There are ways to assination your targets and that are two ways... Stealth or running in like a 80's action hero and killing everyone.
    There is nothing to do in the open world except getting flags... Which don't do anything... Still better than the feathers in AC2 though.
    There are also these missions with other Assassin's and they are kinda boring... Yeah the open world part isn't the best thing about this game.
    There is nothing in this game beside story to replay...

FINAL VERDICT:

I might sound way to negative on this game but it's not that bad hell I actually think that this game did more good for gaming than bad. It showed that historical open world games can be possible, it showed a new original idea ONE I have never seen before and one of the first games where you could climb anything possible.
    I do give AC1 a 6/10.

Extra's:
    If you get stuck at one sequence in the game and you have climbed all towers and synchronised look for the eagles believe me a lot of people stopt playing this game before they found out which is a shame.
    There are amounth of bugs in this game and the director said it was rushed:(
    THIS REVIEW HAS BEEN REWRITTEN 5 TIMES if there is one thing not clear or editing here in feels strange please understand AC games are not my kind of games to review.

• OMFG my sister is the cancer on my existence

• Guys, if there's ever a problem, this what I feel about my teachers:
    History: unlikely
    2nd History: maybe
    English: maybe
    2nd English: maybe
    Science: likely
    Business: maybe
    German: unlikely
    Technical Graphics: unlikely
    PE: maybe
    Irish: likely
    Maths: likely
    SPHE: unlikely
    Geography: maybe
    Religion: maybe
    2nd Religion: likely
    ...Would get me involved...

• Reasons I'm never having kids

• It looks like I'm going to survive illness. Sorry. I'm starting to feel better.

• edited April 2017

Tell me about it and you know the worst part about talking about not having kids they believe I am just mistaken and get one one day anyway.
    For example at my apprenticeship I said during break I don't want children I get reactions like

• Ooh that are you just thinking now
    • Ooh you will change
    • Kids are fun
    • Do you want humans to die? (I don't respond on this one because I could careless about humanity survival)
    • Getting asked thousands times why while giving reasons
    • Just think about they have your face (if that was a reason and tell your kid that could lead to depression and depression leads to fear and fear... Leads to the darkside of the Force)
    • Everybody has children
    • They are cute
      ETC

I f*cking hate kids! Everychild I see outside is a dick, disrespectfull piece of scum I want to see die, climbing buildings of my work for no reason, scream about their ''problems'' they can have problems, they are cute they disgust me, making fake suicide attempts, cursing at each other, stealing ETC.

Reasons I'm never having kids

• But what will I do with these dancing shoes and party hats I bought for everyone :(

Seriously im happy to hear your feeling a little better, dont rush it.

Johro posted: »

It looks like I'm going to survive illness. Sorry. I'm starting to feel better.

• edited April 2017

I'm posting this on behalf of a friend of mine who's having some trouble with her girlfriend's parents and they're both stuck on what to do. I'll refer to my friend as Girl A and her girlfriend as Girl B. Any advice you guys can give us (any legal advice has to apply to the Australian state of Victoria) would be much appreciated.

Here's the situation as my friend has told me: Girl B comes from a Catholic family who take their religion quite seriously. The parents are very strict with Girl B's phone use and the internet and have forbidden her from talking to her girlfriend (Girl A) unless it is for them to break up. Currently they can only manage to talk for five minutes or so a day and haven't seen each other face to face in quite a while. Girl B's parents rarely let her go out (our suburb has a rather exaggerated reputation for having drugs around) and they always ask for details when they do let her go to parties. She hasn't held any job so far and is turning 18 this year (after which I hear it will be difficult to get a job with no previous experience) and she wants to continue her education after Year 12 but doesn't know even basic things about supporting herself such as doing taxes.

I know from experience that growing up with a lack of life experience like this is very damaging to a lot of young people, and nobody should be forced to live dependent on their parents or someone else. Girl B's parents have threatened to kick her out if she continues talking to Girl A behind their backs. I don't think living in this environment is healthy for anyone but she currently doesn't know how to support herself and doesn't have anywhere else to live. Again, I'm writing this on behalf of a very close friend of mine and any advice you guys could give would be appreciated by both of us.

EDIT: I've also heard from my friend that Girl B's mother has hit her at times in the past. I'm looking up the laws for this kind of thing in Victoria.

• OMG childhood game found after years I had to look up ''green rabbit shooting game'' lol

• Merry Christmas.

• I'm not a lawyer, especially not in Australia. In the U.S., though, 18 is legal adulthood, and Girl B could tell her family to shove it if she wanted to. Of course, without a job or education support, it's not very realistic.

She needs to work on becoming independent, but she needs to do it in a way that her family will approve. One thing she might be able to do is volunteer for a Catholic charity, if there's something she can do. I can't see her Catholic family saying that's a bad thing. The other side of that, though, is that it would give her some experience she could cite when applying for her first paid job.

A lot of people learn about life when they move away from their parents, whether it's to college or just their own apartment. It won't be much longer until Girl B is able to do that. She just has to be patient and work toward her goals without it being obvious that getting away from parents is a goal.

I don't know if the relationship with Girl A will last. It depends on how patient they both are and what they're willing to do.

Again, I don't know the laws there, but parents are usually able to hit their minor kids without legal liability, unless it's bad enough to cause serious injury. Not saying it's a great idea, just that it's probably not illegal.

I'm posting this on behalf of a friend of mine who's having some trouble with her girlfriend's parents and they're both stuck on what to do.

• Well, it IS a certain historical someone's birthday in 4 days.

Okay. That's a terrible joke and I apologize.

But what will I do with these dancing shoes and party hats I bought for everyone Seriously im happy to hear your feeling a little better, dont rush it.

• I had the original when I was younger. Very fun game as well.

joshua007 posted: »

OMG childhood game found after years I had to look up ''green rabbit shooting game'' lol

Sign in to comment in this discussion.