The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Are horror games meant to continue to build up fear until the end?

Yep, did you ever play Amnesia?

Resi 5 and 6

Those games weren't scary at all.

Acheive250 posted: »

Oh okay. Are horror games meant to continue to build up fear until the end? I don't play many horror games. (Resi 1, 2, 0, 5 and 6, Bioshock, The Last of Us, TWD and Bioshock are the only ones I can think of that I've played)

• did you ever play Amnesia?

No. Don't think I've ever heard of it.

And yeah, those games weren't scary, but I thought I'd list them anyway. Although that giant liquid face part in the boat kinda freaked me out. That was years ago when I played it, though.

AronDracula posted: »

Are horror games meant to continue to build up fear until the end? Yep, did you ever play Amnesia? Resi 5 and 6 Those games weren't scary at all.

• Well, you should at least give it a try. It's definitely one of the scariest horror games of all time. That game is the reason Pewdiepie became popular.

did you ever play Amnesia? No. Don't think I've ever heard of it. And yeah, those games weren't scary, but I thought I'd list the

• edited May 2017

Ever play Until Dawn? It's pretty gory and jumpscare-y at times, but it's got a great story and characters (well, a couple of them) to back it up. I'd recommend that too.

did you ever play Amnesia? No. Don't think I've ever heard of it. And yeah, those games weren't scary, but I thought I'd list the

• edited May 2017

That game is the reason Pewdiepie became popular.

I thought the Walking Dead was what made him popular. At least...that was my introduction to the guy.

Well, you should at least give it a try. It's definitely one of the scariest horror games of all time. That game is the reason Pewdiepie became popular.

• I'm not a fan of super scary games...

Well, you should at least give it a try. It's definitely one of the scariest horror games of all time. That game is the reason Pewdiepie became popular.

• No, I haven't played Until Dawn yet. I want to, but I've kinda been put off by all the gore.

Plus the R 18+ rating makes it a little tricky for me...

Ever play Until Dawn? It's pretty gory and jumpscare-y at times, but it's got a great story and characters (well, a couple of them) to back it up. I'd recommend that too.

• "Whoever's the owner of the white sedan, you left your lights on."

• "Whoever's the owner of the white sedan, you left your lights on."

• Well, it's definitely worth it if you're a fan of story and choice-based games like TWD or Heavy Rain. It's kinda like a combo of the two.

No, I haven't played Until Dawn yet. I want to, but I've kinda been put off by all the gore. Plus the R 18+ rating makes it a little tricky for me...

• edited May 2017

While I was gone, I watched all of the Paranormal Activity movies. And I basically spent 9 hours watching shitty horror movies! YAY!

• So I just finished 13 reasons why and I give my thoughts in a spoiler tag it's not a review but... SERIOUSLY NETFLIX A F*CKING MULTIPLE CLIFFHANGER BULLSHIT!!

• Damn i could wetch this a million times

• edited May 2017

Oke I liked watching the show 13 reasons why but there are certain things I just disagree with.

• The show comes over kinda like she killed herself to teach other people a lesson... But she just couldn't handle it how life went so...
    • This is a hard topic to disguss and I have a hard time writting down how to feel about how they treated suicide in the show.
    • Hannah could've told the police anytime what happened to her and I just find it strange that she didn't tell anyone but I understand the message that some people are afraid of doing so but was she afraid of doing so? because some reasons she could've told early on.
    • The show characters say that it is somebody's fault that she took her own life... I am sorry but it was her own choice people not you they only made her depressed but they didn't kill her.

You perhaps see different and I can't really describe how I feel but uh

The ending bullshit!
    Netflix seriously thinks this show can get a second season so they made in the last three episodes multiple plots for season 2 which could've been done easenly in 1 season.
    The hole ''lawsuits'' thing in the last episode goes own in S2 why? it could've been done but nooo you think a show like this can have a second season and perhaps it will get one but with all the media on it I have my doubts.
    One kid has guns now and probably starts a school shooting in next season.
    One kid shot himself in the head and we have to wait for a second season.
    One rapists who could've dealth with in the last three episodes but nah S2.
    I could go on fucking bullshit I swear people you get hardly any kind of completion in the end and more questions

• Same lmao

CosmicSouls posted: »

Damn i could wetch this a million times

• That's the dream. I love watching shitty horror movies.

While I was gone, I watched all of the Paranormal Activity movies. And I basically spent 9 hours watching shitty horror movies! YAY!

• Did you like the new Metallica album?

• Loved it, it has some really great tracks like Hardwired, Moth Into Flame, Halo on Fire, and what is one of my new favorite Metallica songs, Spit Out The Bone.

Did you like the new Metallica album?

• It was very confusing, haha. Still, quite scary.

No, but I heard it was crap.

• Thanks Joshua!

joshua007 posted: »

More like 50 minutes long

• Yea i agree, i also really like Spit Out The Bone. I am going to a show to see them this summer i am stoked. It'll be my first time seeing them. I also really like Dream No More.

Loved it, it has some really great tracks like Hardwired, Moth Into Flame, Halo on Fire, and what is one of my new favorite Metallica songs, Spit Out The Bone.

• That was never a movie I was ever planning to watch. I'm planning to watch other horror movies like Psycho, Blair Witch Project, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Evil Dead, Dawn of the Dead Remake, The Ring, The Exorcist etc.

• Good. Just watch CinemaSins' reviews instead.

That was never a movie I was ever planning to watch. I'm planning to watch other horror movies like Psycho, Blair Witch Project, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Evil Dead, Dawn of the Dead Remake, The Ring, The Exorcist etc.

• I'm re watching old Telltale videos on YouTube (pre-TWD era), and man, I am getting crazy nostalgic right now for old school Telltale.

• I miss the old bumpers and teasers that weren't all dramatic... or were in a tongue-in-cheek sort of way.

I'm re watching old Telltale videos on YouTube (pre-TWD era), and man, I am getting crazy nostalgic right now for old school Telltale.

• People apparently don't appreciate me re-dubbing movies about serial killers(in real time) whom are just trying to make a sandwich. I mean this guy is asking to borrow mustard and just because he has a knife, everyone keeps freaking out, running, and fighting him.

The guy just wants to eat a sandwich.

Too bad I'm such an old man and didn't record any of it.

• So I went back to really old threads, just to check what people talked about back in 2013. And well, they were mostly hating the new forum that came at the time. But I saw a thing that I just haven't seen for a while. The tag 'Telltale Alumni' or something like that. So I am just wondering, what id that tag for? What did those people who has it accomplish to get it? Because I couldn't find a clue to what it actually is for. So anyone, please tell me.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I think it would be fun to see stuff like this again.

I'm re watching old Telltale videos on YouTube (pre-TWD era), and man, I am getting crazy nostalgic right now for old school Telltale.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

It's for Telltale staff members who left the company.

captainivy1 posted: »

So I went back to really old threads, just to check what people talked about back in 2013. And well, they were mostly hating the new forum t

• Ah okay, thanks!

OzzyUK posted: »

It's for Telltale staff members who left the company.

• Well... Maybe not that last video where they hype up two games that ended up being terrible... in front of... THE Jeep.

Faux Pas.

OzzyUK posted: »

I think it would be fun to see stuff like this again.

• edited May 2017

Rejoice! Fly, my pretties! Tales from the Borderlands is now free for PS Plus users (for PS4)! This game is one meant to be played by any Telltale fan, regardless of Borderlands knowledge. [I first played it with the bare minimum: I knew the name and look of the previous villain in the series BL2's Handsome Jack! Even though I had never played it.]
    https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/free-games/cid=STORE-MSF77008-PSPLUSFREEGAMES

Also, even if you don't have Ps plus, Tales only costs 15$ CAD on the store... A really good deal for a really good game.

• Watch the original japanese ring movies american remakes are pure trash

That was never a movie I was ever planning to watch. I'm planning to watch other horror movies like Psycho, Blair Witch Project, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Evil Dead, Dawn of the Dead Remake, The Ring, The Exorcist etc.

• But I thought I heard the american remakes were good. At least the original, not the sequels.

Watch the original japanese ring movies american remakes are pure trash

• The japanese one is better I havent seen the american sequels so I dont know about them. there is something off about the remake it doesnt have the same feeling of dread it feels like they missed the point when it came to why the movie was creepy they put in jumpscares and basically americanised it, I cant realy explain why because its been ages since seeing them it just wasnt as good.

But I thought I heard the american remakes were good. At least the original, not the sequels.

• If the critics say it's good, then I think it's worth it. There are a lot of people who are shitting on horror movie remakes, you know, even on the good ones like Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead.

The japanese one is better I havent seen the american sequels so I dont know about them. there is something off about the remake it doesnt h

• The way I see it if the original was so good it got a remake its worth a watch

Why not watch both for comparison?

I havent seen the night of the living dead remake whats it like does it still seem like the white people are more scared of a black person then white zombies , have you seen the original?

If the critics say it's good, then I think it's worth it. There are a lot of people who are shitting on horror movie remakes, you know, even on the good ones like Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead.

• The way I see it if the original was so good it got a remake its worth a watch

I'll watch both, I guess.

Why not watch both for comparison?

I've only seen the comparison of the iconic scene where the ring girl kills the guy who watched her coming out of the TV, I think I should have witnessed the scene blindly. I actually liked the remake version better cause of the scary face. The original is just a girl with a lot of hair on her face and I was just expecting a jumpscare but nope, she is just saying Hi.

I havent seen the night of the living dead remake whats it like does it still seem like the white people are more scared of a black person then white zombies , have you seen the original?

Yes I did, but I don't remember much of it.

The way I see it if the original was so good it got a remake its worth a watch Why not watch both for comparison? I havent seen the ni

Sign in to comment in this discussion.