The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• It can be like this

Of course you don't have to kill your enemies. You can also do non-lethal stealth.

Acheive250 posted: »

What's Dishonored like? I haven't played it. It's on sale in a store over here so I might as well consider it. How's the story?

• edited May 2017

the story was kind of cliche

I swear, if the protagonist has amnesia...

Thanks for the response.

AronDracula posted: »

From what I remember, it's like a stealth game, kind of similar with Assassin's Creed, on first person view no less. EDIT: Also, Metallica said the story was kind of cliche, not bad but cliche. I dunno anything about the story though.

• edited May 2017

[removed]

From what I remember, it's like a stealth game, kind of similar with Assassin's Creed, on first person view no less. EDIT: Also, Metallica said the story was kind of cliche, not bad but cliche. I dunno anything about the story though.

• It's nothing like Assassin's Creed.

Bioshock + Deus Ex + Thief + Half Life 2's art director = Dishonored

• Well, if you say it's not like AC, then why do the video titles say "Assassinate"?

MichaelBP posted: »

It can be like this Of course you don't have to kill your enemies. You can also do non-lethal stealth.

• Because it plays nothing like Assassin's Creed. Not even a bit.
    And unlike Assassin's Creed you don't have have kill anyone, or assassinate your targets.

Well, if you say it's not like AC, then why do the video titles say "Assassinate"?

• edited May 2017

Edit: double post

Well, if you say it's not like AC, then why do the video titles say "Assassinate"?

• But from what you posted, the PC can kill the enemies from air.

Because it plays nothing like Assassin's Creed. Not even a bit. And unlike Assassin's Creed you don't have have kill anyone, or assassinate your targets.

• edited May 2017

Gee, but do the characters in Assassin's Creed have any kind of special powers like blinking (essentially warping), summoning rats to kill people, posessing people and animals, slowing down or freezing time, creating gusts to push people back, etc?
    And this a "High-Chaos" playthrough where the player is killing everyone they comes across. The player can also chose not do it and stealth around instead. And unlike AC, it doesn't have Ubisoft's tradmeark shitty "fill the map with as many things as possible" open world design. Instead it has open levels with multiple ways to get through them, and with your chosen playstyle having consequences.

But from what you posted, the PC can kill the enemies from air.

• Then I guess I should have mentioned Metal Gear Solid instead, huh?

Gee, but do the characters in Assassin's Creed have any kind of special powers like blinking (essentially warping), summoning rats to kill p

• I just finished Season 2 MOST UNDERRATED NETFLIX SERIES EVER MADE!

The show is not a mass audience like Marvel movies but it's great.
    If you don't like S1 give S2 a change it fixed everything what was wrong with S1

• Internet news sites over the past 24hrs:

Mass Effect Is DEAD and everyone is being removed from the team!

Sane people whom know how video game production works:

EA/Bioware are going to look at the direction of the franchise once the leads of the primary studio are further into production of the new IP.

It's very common for studio assets to be moved around once a game is finished. That part isn't really news. The only real takeaway is that it looks like single player DLC will not be a focus. Unless they already have that near finished as well.

• I think what I said was the story (in terms of the first game) was predictable, not necessarily cliché.

• I swear, if the protagonist has amnesia

He does not.

the story was kind of cliche I swear, if the protagonist has amnesia... Thanks for the response.

• For the first one, it has a good story, albeit a bit predictable. You're not going to get a huge character driven narrative like in a Telltale/Naughty Dog game, but Dishonored does have a huge lore surrounding it, most of which is gained through reading some of the books and letters that are littered all throughout the game. The characters are basic, but have clear motivations. And the gameplay is just great, and what I love is that you can play your own way (stealthy ninja or blood thirsty murderer) as the game offers numerous different routes or options that allow for some really creative ways to complete your missions. I've played both Dishonored games, and every time, I learn something new or try one of the many different routes or side objectives that are offered. And no matter what style you choose, the game will adapt accordingly (if you go more for a stealthy approach, the challenge is to remain hidden, but if you're style is more upfront, then it may add some other challenges such as additional guards or tougher security systems). You get an assortment of different powers, and the way to upgrade them is through collecting what are known as runes, with each mission having several runes at different locations.

What's Dishonored like? I haven't played it. It's on sale in a store over here so I might as well consider it. How's the story?

• Anyone else's Instagram homepage full of naked girls, sponge bob memes and 9/11 jokes? I'm not complaining but I can't remember what I've been searching to get most of the posts on there to be like... That XD

• edited May 2017

My mom's in the hospital.

For a week now, my mom's been having some delusions that someone online is stalking her or something, but no one really was. Well, today while I was at school, she was having them again saying she was in danger or something, and she tried to take my baby brother away. She was plowing through everyone trying to get to her car, completely apeshit, and take him away. But my uncle eventually stopped her and my grandparents called the cops.

I dunno how long she's gonna be there. But thank God no one was hurt.

• I thought predictable and cliche mean the same thing.

I think what I said was the story (in terms of the first game) was predictable, not necessarily cliché.

• so i actually had a decent day at work today one of my co workers spoke to my main manager and now the other manager is nice to me in other news i reinstalled alien isolation on my ps4 and finally got past the part i got stuck on the ps3 where you have to get the keycard from morley also there is apparently a new dlc coming out for cod black ops 3 which has a whole bunch of zombies maps fro waw to bo2

• so i actually had a decent day at work today one of my co workers spoke to my main manager and now the other manager is nice to me in other news i reinstalled alien isolation on my ps4 and finally got past the part i got stuck on the ps3 where you have to get the keycard from morley also there is apparently a new dlc coming out for cod black ops 3 which has a whole bunch of zombies maps fro waw to bo2

• Had to put down my dog that I've had for over eight years. He was my buddy.

• Kinda, but hate it when Nude Girls (A.K.A. Prostitutes), request to follow you

Melton23 posted: »

Anyone else's Instagram homepage full of naked girls, sponge bob memes and 9/11 jokes? I'm not complaining but I can't remember what I've been searching to get most of the posts on there to be like... That XD

• AronDracula posted: »

Then I guess I should have mentioned Metal Gear Solid instead, huh?

• Sorry to hear that! :( It always sucks to lose a pet, especially one you had for so long.

Had to put down my dog that I've had for over eight years. He was my buddy.

• Seeing someone you care about suffering with mental illness is so hard. Im sorry you and your family are going through that and I hope things get better.

My mom's in the hospital. For a week now, my mom's been having some delusions that someone online is stalking her or something, but no on

• Next stick I see I'll throw in their honour

condolences my BeautifulBanjo brother

• He liked to chase rocks, actually. Roll it down a hill somewhere. It's what he would've wanted.

Next stick I see I'll throw in their honour condolences my BeautifulBanjo brother

• My channel is doing a lot better than I honestly expected, like I only uploaded like 30 videos.

enter image description here

• My channel is doing a lot better than I honestly expected

Well, you're Lee Everett. It's to be expected.

My channel is doing a lot better than I honestly expected, like I only uploaded like 30 videos.

• I'm so sorry, man. I love dogs so much. I love them a lot more than people. I don't know what it's like to lose him, but I'm sure you gave him an amazing life and he knows that. He's still with you in your heart, and he loves you more than you imagine.

• Awesome. Maybe you'll get lucky and be one of those people whom doesn't really have to work for a living.

My channel is doing a lot better than I honestly expected, like I only uploaded like 30 videos.

• [removed]

• my condlences to you i had to go through this last year

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I'm sorry to hear about this, i have had dogs over the years who have been put to sleep and it never gets any easier.

• I was obviously joking, lol.

• Man, this is definitely hard. I'm really sorry for your loss. I hope you get another one so you can happy again.

• Man, the stalking is not a good thing to think of. I hope she gets recovered.

My mom's in the hospital. For a week now, my mom's been having some delusions that someone online is stalking her or something, but no on

• I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

• I'm sorry to hear about your mother.

I hope that you and your family can be strong and that things get better soon.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.