The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Hmm, sounds interesting. Maybe I'll give it a go.

For the first one, it has a good story, albeit a bit predictable. You're not going to get a huge character driven narrative like in a Tellta

• I am so sorry to hear that, losing a pet is never easy.

Had to put down my dog that I've had for over eight years. He was my buddy.

• I hope you all stay strong. All I can do is say i'm sorry.

My mom's in the hospital. For a week now, my mom's been having some delusions that someone online is stalking her or something, but no on

• Sorry about your dog :'( poor doggy

• Thank you and I hope they do too.

Seeing someone you care about suffering with mental illness is so hard. Im sorry you and your family are going through that and I hope things get better.

• Thanks, I hope she does too.

AronDracula posted: »

Man, the stalking is not a good thing to think of. I hope she gets recovered.

• We´ll try. And you´ve got nothing to be sorry for. :)

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

I hope you all stay strong. All I can do is say i'm sorry.

• Much thanks. And we´ĺl try.

RichWalk23 posted: »

I'm sorry to hear about your mother. I hope that you and your family can be strong and that things get better soon.

• Sorry for your loss.

• edited May 2017

@SquishyCthulu @AronDracula @RichWalk23 @MarijaaNo7

Soooo....it turns out the reason my mom was going apeshit yesterday was because she´s apparently doing drugs again. After she went to the hospital, my grandparents went to her room and found, like, 5 or 6 empty bottles of Adderall.

I´m getting so sick of this shit, I swear to Christ.

My mom's in the hospital. For a week now, my mom's been having some delusions that someone online is stalking her or something, but no on

• Hang in there, mate.

Do what you can for your family and for your mother, and in the meantime, keep your chin up.

@SquishyCthulu @AronDracula @RichWalk23 @MarijaaNo7 Soooo....it turns out the reason my mom was going apeshit yesterday was because she´s

• I´ll try, man. Thanks.

But seriously, this is getting so old.

RichWalk23 posted: »

Hang in there, mate. Do what you can for your family and for your mother, and in the meantime, keep your chin up.

• You should, it's great.

Acheive250 posted: »

Hmm, sounds interesting. Maybe I'll give it a go.

• Guess who's seeing Metallica in two days with Avenged Sevenfold and Volbeat.

enter image description here

• Lots of Telltale games on sale at GOG this weekend. Check it out if any are on your wish list!

I still wish they'd put them on sale on their own website, though.

• Quick Facts On Pet Red Foxes

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Over 15 different colors, from sapphire to cherry red.
    • Theg have an extremely strong and musky odor, and their urine smells like skunk
    • Red foxes mark their territory with urine and feces—this cannot be trained out.
    • They can be litter trained (but still mark)
    • They have a large variety of vocalizations, from chirps to screeches
    • Everu spring they blow their winter coat, similar to northern breed dogs like huskies or malamutes
    • They can be trained to walk on leashes and harnesses
    • They can be trained to learn basic tricks, though their training requires patience most people lack

• They're extremely destructive

• They need outdoor enclosures, due to the reasons above.

• Oh... So it's that guy, but not you?
    I feel bad for you man.

Guess who's seeing Metallica in two days with Avenged Sevenfold and Volbeat.

• Dunno neither have I, I think most of them agree that it
    was on the same level as the first one.

joshua007 posted: »

Haven't read the critics what do they say?

• My best friend moved to a new apartment and his window faces a school playground.

So he can no longer look out his window without looking like a pervert.

• Jesus christ I am so sorry I can't imagen you and your mother go through right now

• I'm sorry I myself have a pet and I can imagen why it's hard

• Drugs really take their toll on person. :/

Can't she go to rehab or something?

@SquishyCthulu @AronDracula @RichWalk23 @MarijaaNo7 Soooo....it turns out the reason my mom was going apeshit yesterday was because she´s

• She's been in rehab twice already and it hasn't helped.

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

Drugs really take their toll on person. Can't she go to rehab or something?

• Thanks, Josh.

Jesus christ I am so sorry I can't imagen you and your mother go through right now

• Decided to start up DrawPile for whatever reason (crappy program, don't use it) and somehow produced this? Weird considering I despise digital art.

I ended up morphing it into something else...

Work in progress?

• edited May 2017

[WARNING SPOILERS FOR GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 AHEAD]
    I just finished watching Guardians 2 so feel free to stick around and read this for some stray thoughts I had during and after I saw it. I will mention some big plot points and spoilers about the movie, so this is your last chance to close this comment back up.
    OK HERE WE GO.

• So, the opening credits. I think they blew the first movie's credits out of the water. Mr. Blue Sky was a great song to contrast the happy-go-lucky innocence of Baby Groot's dancing with the carnage of the huge battle. The way it was all presented was excellent as well.
    • The humour really gets rolling after this battle, where the jokes can really get hard-hitting and unexpected. I really liked the humour of this movie. So did the audience, we were all heeing and hawing to it.
    • The appearance of Ego was good (even if I did expect that from the trailers) it added this mystery to the movie, which I thought was a nice part to it.
    • The next scenes were great. Learning about the backstory of some of the Guardians (which Nebula explains her fights with Gamora. All I have to say is: "Haha! Telltale beat you to it!")
    • The capture of Rocket, Baby Groot and Yondu and their subsequent breakout was some of the best scenes in the movie. Nice to see these characters getting along well, and doing cool stuff. Bonus points [but who's counting?!] for the explanation of things to Baby Groot, getting the Fin Hat.
    • Stan Lee's cameo here was unexpected here, but great as always.
    • And then the movie really got dark in the third part. Ego reveals his master plan, which is all about being EGOTISTICAL AND SELFISH... go figure. I did not expect this at all, so the sudden reveal of the antagonist was good. The ending battle between him and Peter was... interesting. It was kind of strange to see the big battle be Peter flying around the place smashing into stuff.
    • The bigger inclusion of Nebula and Yondu was well appreciated in this movie. I do think that Nebula tolerating Gamora a bit more is kind of strange, as I expected her to be mad all the way through to Avengers 3, but I think that Thanos will find a way to pit them against each other.
      Yondu, while I was iffy on if I liked him or not in the beginning, he really grew on me and I loved him being there by the end of it. Too bad he's dead. Why Marvel, why? Just when I start liking him.

• I'M MARY POPPPINS Y'ALL!!

• Although, I never really understood who Sylvester Stallone was or why he was there. Can someone explain all that to me?
      All in all, I thought this movie was better than the first one. But just by a smidge. A teeny-tiny smidge. Either way, they're both real good movies. The music in this one was perfectly picked, the plot took more laid-back backstory explanation than usual, but that was fine, and the end credits scenes were real nice.
      Now I'm gonna play Telltale's Guardians again. Bye.
  • Sylvester Stallone is Stakar Ogord, also known as Starhawk in the comics who was one of the members of the original Guardians of the Galaxy. The end credits scene was him meeting up with the rest of the original team.

What'd you think about the twist with Ego and Peter's mom?

• Thanks for that.

I thought that twist was pretty shocking. I was beginning to think that Peter would break Ego's spell for the love of his mom, as "Ego left her" but no, it went further. "Ego killed her". Really got me to hate this bad guy, and feel really sorry for Peter.

lupinb0y posted: »

Sylvester Stallone is Stakar Ogord, also known as Starhawk in the comics who was one of the members of the original Guardians of the Galaxy.

• edited May 2017

Oh, Alan Wake is getting its final sale for its final few hours it remains. Turns out the music licenses in the game will expire soon, so Steam is selling it for -90% off this weekend. That brings it down to about 3$. I highly suggest you get it, if you don't like it.. it's only 3$, right?
    http://ca.ign.com/articles/2017/05/12/alan-wake-to-be-removed-from-stores-because-of-expiring-licenses?read

Alan Wake is psychological-thriller, third-person shooter where you play as Alan Wake, a writer who just needs some time off. He goes on vacation with his wife in this small town to get away from all the paparazzi and buzz surrounding a recent scandal he was involved in. Soon, he discovers townspeople going crazy and hunting him down, his wife kidnapped, manuscript pages of his are left all around the town which he doesn't remember writing, and a whole bunch of other Twilight Zone, Stephen King craziness. I'd say more but I'm not spoiling anything for you.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/108710/Alan_Wake/

The Alan Wake Sidestory/Semi-sequel American Nightmare is also being sold at 90% off, but that game will not leave the store unlike its main counterpart.

• While the gameplay is very repetitive, this game remains on my list of games you HAVE TO play. More odes to Twin Peaks, Twilight Zone, Stephen King than anyone could expect. Maybe a bit of a cliché story given it's inspirations, but the game is much more about the journey there than the finalé.

when it comes to story driven games with simple mechanics, Alan Wake did it much better than modern TTG(sorry guys!) for my taste.

AChicken posted: »

Oh, Alan Wake is getting its final sale for its final few hours it remains. Turns out the music licenses in the game will expire soon, so St

• Random thought:

The most unsurprising celebrity death of my life has to be Scott Weiland.
    Multiple drug addictions with multiple relapses into those addictions, he was so far gone in his final years, it was crazy.
    Having been booted out of two successful bands;

Every time I saw his name in a headline since about 2010, I figured it would follow with "has died". In 2015 that became a reality.

This thought was not about making fun of him. It's actually quite sad. Nothing should ever consume your life so much.

• Thats freaking awsome dude!

Decided to start up DrawPile for whatever reason (crappy program, don't use it) and somehow produced this? Weird considering I despise digital art. I ended up morphing it into something else... Work in progress?

• edited May 2017

I was assigned to read and review one of my friends/classmates screenplay for an assignment.

It's so bad. It's SOOOO BAAAAD.

SOMEONE SAVE ME PLEASE IT'S TOO PAINFUL TO READ HOLY FUCK

• edited May 2017

Yesterday, while I was at work. Goodwill has been hit hard, with people leaving and I will be as well. But a team leader told me the company ALWAYS wanted me to find a way to advance in life. Forgive the vagueness of my words, it's just me. Since 2015, a year after my decade anniversary, I've been hit with some hard blows, team members whom I was proud to call my friends, were terminated for reasons that weren't disclosed. Their company is what made the job more bearable. And I fear Goodwill is coming no longer a discount retail store but rather a dumping ground, for people who don't want to pay to have the garbage taken to the dump and a quick and easy way to get a tax receipt.

It's amazing the way things change. With more and more people doing purchasing online, how long before retail stores are obsolete? And if and when so, what will go in their place?

I digress on that, getting off topic. I was angry at corporate for not realizing any stores dilemma's. In my mindset, I always viewed higher ups as those with all the power and would do anything to keep their salaries the same, but skimming off the top, at the expense of it's workers. Of course this is just speculation as it's just them keeping the chains afloat.

I've been angry at corporate and donors, and it jaded me a little. (Forgive me going to go off topic again) I've also been upset with entertainment quality decline. As I have mentioned in previous posts, I am continuous confused as to how shows I like barely make it to the third season mark and yet Fairly Odd Parents, Family Guy, American Dad, The Simpsons and SpongeBob Squarepants are already in the decade mark, continuing to receive immortality from society. It always baffles me and upsets me, THESE are the ones what will be in books for their length of time or what future generations will remember and it sickens and saddens me. For the programs I like, I will always remember and feel they left far richer and memorable programs than the entire runs of those I have scorn for. I guess I feel like Indy from hearing from his dad, which in my opinion is much more heartfelt than another that shall remain nameless: enter image description here To clarify, I'm letting the ones I loathe go.

I was told this time and again and it never really sunk in, "You can't change people, the only person you can change or control is you"
    It always takes me a while for things to sink in for me. Always...

So at long last I've found a new career opportunity elsewhere and will start a change hopefully for the best.
    That's life, always changing randomly for better or for worse.

I include these words: Stay strong in your believes. Don't let anyone tell you differently. And if you're wrong...I don't know I don't want to sound like not to embrace change, but to remember the things that make you happy. If a show series you like is not on the air, buy it on DVD or stream or Netflix whatever the new generations are doing.

Don't let society or the world change you, only you can do that. And if you do change, make it for the better.

• I'm also upset that the cancelling of ABC's Last Man Standing.

I've seen a good many sitcoms in my time and the only one that stuck with me was Gilligan's Island.

Last Man Standing had good humor, interesting characters, heartfelt moments and good lessons regarding family or work.

• So my feed tells me I have 34 for months... and is now 35 what's up with that how do I remove it?

• Lee?

Decided to start up DrawPile for whatever reason (crappy program, don't use it) and somehow produced this? Weird considering I despise digital art. I ended up morphing it into something else... Work in progress?

• When you have to write a review for something that's really bad, try the words "daring" and "unconventional."

I was assigned to read and review one of my friends/classmates screenplay for an assignment. It's so bad. It's SOOOO BAAAAD. SOMEONE SAVE ME PLEASE IT'S TOO PAINFUL TO READ HOLY FUCK

• Hey, A new frontier isn't THAT bad!

I was assigned to read and review one of my friends/classmates screenplay for an assignment. It's so bad. It's SOOOO BAAAAD. SOMEONE SAVE ME PLEASE IT'S TOO PAINFUL TO READ HOLY FUCK

• I think you have to load it up..quite a lot until you reach 0.

I've given up on my feed (99+).

So my feed tells me I have 34 for months... and is now 35 what's up with that how do I remove it?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.