The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I watched all the Godzilla scenes from the movie in youtube and it made me angry that Godzilla had only 8 minutes screentime, in a goodamn Godzilla movie. What were the developers thinking I was watching that movie for?

They weren't trying to make a movie to cater to people, that's what people don't understand. They weren't trying to make a dumb monster movie and they weren't trying to cater to any audiences like Marvel does. Godzilla 2014 was made with the same purpose as the original Japanese film. To be art, like a lot of movies should do. It has heavy symbolism and undertones for nuclear war and how the government handles it, it has well written characters who are suffering from the outcome of the government willingly let the Godzilla thing get this bad, it was just an interesting, beautiful and well shot movie.

Now I'd understand if you went in and really wanted a monster movie and came out disappointed, but Godzilla 2014 isn't just a monster movie. It's trying to make up for the shitty mistakes of Godzilla 2000 and go back to the roots of Godzilla, and because of that Shin Godzilla came out in Japan and now there's a resurfacing of monster movies. The reason Godzilla and MUTO were used sparingly were not only for story telling purposes, but for immersion reasons. The CGI for the monsters looked brilliant and amazing, but there's a reason it was, because if you saw Godzilla too much or you saw her in the daylight the audience would begin to notice flaws in the CG, and it takes you out of the world of the movie.

Sure there's plenty of dumb shit about it. The wife who works at the hospital, the large group of random Americans just on vacation in Japan, the weird spiritual connection between the protagonist and Godzilla, etc. But the movie itself is trying to tell a story, it's not as much a movie about Godzilla but more a movie about the chaos that Godzilla caused and what it lead to. If you enjoyed Kong: Skull Island (a movie I personally disliked for kind of being the opposite of Godzilla 2014 writing wise) for portraying the monster in the movie better, I'm happy for you. I'm glad you got a good King Kong movie. But to me, I prefer subtle and well done storytelling over outright action. Which is why I prefer Silent Hill to Resident Evil, The Conjuring to Insidious, TribeTwelve to Paranormal Activity, etc.

AronDracula posted: »

I have actually tried to watch it online someday but after an hour, I stopped watching because I saw no Godzilla and when I saw the MUTO, I

• MrJavaMrJava Banned

Yeah I know it is a hell of a game but I have NVIDIA 930M so thats not enough to play. I am trying to find a way to play it with that.

fallandir posted: »

( not decided yet) Dude, Witcher 3 is gold. Don't even hesitate.

• MrJavaMrJava Banned

Its done. You have no idea how I am happy now.

Good luck

• How did it go?

MrJava posted: »

Its done. You have no idea how I am happy now.

• MrJavaMrJava Banned

As you can imagine, it was boring as hell and I did beg to God for getting this done quickly in every second of this visit :D I am free now which is a happy ending for today, tho.

How did it go?

• Others have had that problem too; it seems that the Steam link was removed a while back, but I don't know if that was deliberate or not (and if it will return, etc).

So...I used to be able to link my Steam account to my Telltale account and use THAT to change my profile pic. But now, for some freaking rea

• Well...crap.

Others have had that problem too; it seems that the Steam link was removed a while back, but I don't know if that was deliberate or not (and if it will return, etc).

• A good amount of the Undertale fan base has made me lose faith in humanity. But, I actually talked some very nice people during UTM yesterday.

• That's good :D good for you for seeing it through!

MrJava posted: »

As you can imagine, it was boring as hell and I did beg to God for getting this done quickly in every second of this visit I am free now which is a happy ending for today, tho.

• You can do it through Gravatar. It requires only to create an account.

Well...crap.

• I have an account on gravatar, but it's not letting me change my profile pic (on here).

Euron posted: »

You can do it through Gravatar. It requires only to create an account.

• enter image description here

Guess I really am eating that toy car after all...

• Actually, and I quote, you said that you would "fucking eat an entire tree".

Guess I really am eating that toy car after all...

• My poor sweet doggy has a sore bum :,(

• edited June 2017

Kong Skull Island had the right idea as far as tone, personality, and pacing goes. It just needed a tighter script.

Borezilla 2014 was just a pretentious and meandering slog that really didn't say anything we didn't already know about Godzilla and what he represents and most of the cast were just forgettable and extremely wooden with no personality.

I'd go with Kong Skull Island any day over a two hour snooze fest and I hope Godzilla 2 is way more interesting and compelling than both Kong and Godzilla 2014.

AronDracula posted: »

So I watched Kong: Skull Island. I really liked it, it was 100% better than Godzilla (2014) but I can't decide which King Kong movie was bet

• Did I? Well holy shit I guess I'd better get eating.

lupinb0y posted: »

Actually, and I quote, you said that you would "fucking eat an entire tree".

• Look on the bright side! Fiber for a life time!

Did I? Well holy shit I guess I'd better get eating.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Remember the Bansai trees.

• :( Do you know why?

My poor sweet doggy has a sore bum :,(

• How come everyone remembers every detail of my shitty comment a few months ago EXCEPT for me?

dojo32161 posted: »

Remember the Bansai trees.

• Im sure its a infected anal gland, hes super fluffy so I didn't notice any swelling i just noticed he was sad for the last 3 days. Today i think it burst but when I try to move the fur away so I can see he gets scared and tries to bite me.

I called the out of hours vet gave him some calpol and I have a long walk to the charity clinic tommorow morning. this couldn't have happened at a worse time I cant even afford busfare.

Do you know why?

• I'm sorry to hear about your pupper :( are there any local animal shelters that could help him out for cheap? I know there are some government-funded clinics that help out pet owners who don't have a lot of money.

Im sure its a infected anal gland, hes super fluffy so I didn't notice any swelling i just noticed he was sad for the last 3 days. Today i t

• I don't.

[though, I do remember something about "eating a tree" like Lupin said, but whether or not it was about Cars.. I don't know.

How come everyone remembers every detail of my shitty comment a few months ago EXCEPT for me?

• I hate to be pessimistic but I feel The Last Of Us Part ll will be disappointing.

I don't know, I just get a "standard mediocre sequel" vibe from it and I'm not sure about Bruce Straely not being involved with the sequel as creative director considering I feel he played a big role in designing the original game and making sure the gameplay was just as engaging as the story considering I get bad David Cage vibes from the way Neil Druckmann talks about video games.

Again, it's too early to say anything but I'm just not sure about it especially when we're dealing with Joel and Ellie again instead of brand new characters.

• Yeah the charity clinic I mentioned is the pdsa its a charity in the uk where pets can get free treatment, im lucky and grateful that I can take my pup there it is a fantastic charity that saves so many pets.

I'm sorry to hear about your pupper are there any local animal shelters that could help him out for cheap? I know there are some government-funded clinics that help out pet owners who don't have a lot of money.

• That's awesome! I'm so glad <3

Yeah the charity clinic I mentioned is the pdsa its a charity in the uk where pets can get free treatment, im lucky and grateful that I can take my pup there it is a fantastic charity that saves so many pets.

• While it may not be as good as the original, I personally don't think it will be disappointing. Neil seems to know how to write an original and engaging story and I think he won't disappoint us. Time will tell.

J-Master posted: »

I hate to be pessimistic but I feel The Last Of Us Part ll will be disappointing. I don't know, I just get a "standard mediocre sequel" v

• Another ambiguous ending?

I hate to be pessimistic but I feel The Last Of Us Part ll will be disappointing. I don't know, I just get a "standard mediocre sequel" v

• When you perfect perfection.

• Well, Neil Druckmann said to "Trust us", that they wouldn't be doing this if they didn't have a great idea or weren't sure where they were going with it. So... I kinda trust him.

After all, he wrote the first game. I think he's capable of making a good sequel.

• Early reviews are in for War for the Planet of the Apes, and it's really fucking good. Chris Stuckmann gave it an A+ (calling it the best movie of the trilogy), Jeremy Jahns gave it an Awesometacular, and it's currently at 90% on Rotten Tomatoes. Finally, a great movie trilogy, my hype just went up exponentially.

• I can't say I'm surprised, the other two were great and I anticipated that this one would follow suit. Should be a enjoyable watch.

Early reviews are in for War for the Planet of the Apes, and it's really fucking good. Chris Stuckmann gave it an A+ (calling it the best mo

• Just dice it up real fine, pour on some milk and eat the bits like grape nuts.

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited June 2017

That's rough. Disgusting as it sounds, you may want to ask the vet to teach you how to express the glands yourself. Doing that every few months can prevent future infections, if your dog is prone to them. Some groomers also do it, but it'll cost you.

Oh, and I hope your Pupper has a speedy recovery!

Im sure its a infected anal gland, hes super fluffy so I didn't notice any swelling i just noticed he was sad for the last 3 days. Today i t

• Yes! Chris Stuckmann is the man.

Early reviews are in for War for the Planet of the Apes, and it's really fucking good. Chris Stuckmann gave it an A+ (calling it the best mo

• I wasn't too keen on the first one, but I had really enjoyed the second film.

I'm really pleased that the third one is looking to break the 'third sequel curse'.

• I'm really upset today :(

so where I work we just hired a new girl and she seems really nice and funny, she loves writing like i do and it seems like we would be really good friends. only thing is that I'm bi and she's extremely religious.

we got talking about how she goes to church and one thing led to another and she suddenly told me that she hates gay people because they go against god. It hurt me a lot because I started crushing :/

ugh.

• oh man the more i watch and read Tonari No Kaibutsu-kun the more i love it. its such a nice lil anime manga. still cant get over that ending though, shit pisses me off but i love this manga/anime. seriously wish they couldve just animated the whole series..sigh.

oh i also read an ecchi, Hajimete no gal or some shit, i mean once you get past the whole pervy stuff, its not horrible. its kinda funny and to some degree kinda relatable. kind of. read this shit outta pure curiosity and not dissatisfied.

• edited June 2017

Hey guys? I need some help.

Recently, I just finished writing my first fanfiction for...well, anything. It's an 12-chapter long AU for the game Until Dawn. It's been out for almost 3 months now, and I still haven't gotten ANY reviews for it. If anyone gets the time, can you check it out? I really just want a review, to see if I'm a good writer or not.

If anyone wants to check it out, PM me.

• Yes yes yes! where is it?

Hey guys? I need some help. Recently, I just finished writing my first fanfiction for...well, anything. It's an 12-chapter long AU for th

Sign in to comment in this discussion.