The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Sorry to hear that man.

Found out my supposed best friend has been talking shit behind me and numerous other friends backs for a long time now and saying some real nasty shit. Fun.

• That sucks. :/

Sorry to hear that.

Found out my supposed best friend has been talking shit behind me and numerous other friends backs for a long time now and saying some real nasty shit. Fun.

• Not good to hear. Sorry

• I'm...I'm speechless. I don't know if I should put this here or in the Whatever Makes You Laugh thread, but the fact that this exists left me both laughing and baffled.

What makes it even funnier is the person's attempt to explain how this is empowering for women because they're "free" and there aren't many guys. You're "riding" around on a hobby horse and treating it like a legit competition, why would guys, let alone girls, want to compete in something like this?

• [removed]

I'm...I'm speechless. I don't know if I should put this here or in the Whatever Makes You Laugh thread, but the fact that this exists left m

• Sometimes, I'm truly ashamed to be a citizen of Finland.

I'm...I'm speechless. I don't know if I should put this here or in the Whatever Makes You Laugh thread, but the fact that this exists left m

• But yeah, I imagine the liberals are walking on sunshine after their big victory in the National Assembly. But they're also pretty inexperienced. 

Oh they do; it's funny to see them on tv, they usually don't know shit about what they are talking.

Example:

Macron promised he will put 12 pupils in one class. She is saying they will put screens between pupils.

Bur the fact they are inexperienced show some bad sides: for example all jobs for the opposition were given to En Marche friends contrary to the custom.

BigBlindMax posted: »

Macwoghn ees Zhuupeeteh I swear to god, that guy has the most stereotypical French accent I've ever heard IRL. But yeah, I imagine the

• They already have scandals. Lobbies are everywhere with them.

strwar3 posted: »

I hope Macron and his party have corruption and scandals in a few years.I hate him and hey I like that he said he doesn't t want to get rid of Assad in Syria,but still I hate macron over his policies not his foreign policy

• WTF!! This Is Embrassing And This Just Sad And Funny At The Same Time.

• MrJavaMrJava Banned

We got a heat wave coming from Africa. I drank almost 4-5 liter water and I am still thirsty. I am burning up and there is a smoke coming from my body. Help me, call 911 because our firefighters are occupied in burning up as well.

• OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN I just got a great idea for a book and oh man I need to write this down.

So you see the whole "Soulmate AU" bullshit in Tumblr and Pinterest? So I thought, what about a history with Soulmates that is not centered around Soulmates, but rather the Soulmate mechanics? Like a scientist trying to find out WHY THE HELL THERE ARE SOULMATES and how the shit works etc.

And I thought of this idea: when your soulmate gets hurt or dies, you suffer the same, with the same level of sentations and stuff. So basically there is a serial killer that works this way, and a private detective, who was kicked out of the police for reasons I will some day elaborate is trying to find out who the hell this guy is, and she teams with this 20-something aromantic attempt of cop that thinks he's broken because no soulmate and shit and they both go around with their guns and stuff and there is no romance yet it's still a story about soulmates and I KNOW YOU DON'T GIVE A FUCK I DONT CARE IF YOU READ THIS I JUST WANT TO WRITE IT

• edited June 2017

This right here is hands down the most close minded review I have ever read in my entire life. Over my favorite album, too. If you have a decent set of ears and/or even a minuscule amount of intelligence, you'd see how hilariously wrong this moron is. "Nothing about this album is different" you're right, the louder bass, more prominent background vocals, more emphasis on vocals in general, different lyrics and longer verses of songs totally don't constitute towards a different album or anything. Nope. No way. These statements totally don't make you look like you didn't bother listening to it. I'm totally not being sarcastic or passive. Not me, nah.

As a music reviewer, its your literal job to have an open mind and keep on the lookout for things that are different, but it seems to me like you wouldn't know "different" if it slapped you across the face, fucked your wife, then slashed your tires.

I don't even care that you wrote this 17 years ago, get a new profession since there's a unfortunate possibility that you still write reviews for a living.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/albumreviews/is-there-anybody-out-there-the-wall-live-1980-81-20000525#disqus_thread

• Thank you guys for the kind wishes, really. But I'm fine. Just shit I gotta deal with. I appreciate the support though <3

• Dude that's fucking awesome. I'd buy the shit out of that book

OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN I just got a great idea for a book and oh man I need to write this down. So you see the whole "Soulmate AU" bullshit

• enter image description here

I severely doubt it.

• You severely doubt what?

I severely doubt it.

• Thank you man!

Dude that's fucking awesome. I'd buy the shit out of that book

• I would actually read that

OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN I just got a great idea for a book and oh man I need to write this down. So you see the whole "Soulmate AU" bullshit

• Hope youre doing well, no true friend would do that to someone they cared about

Thank you guys for the kind wishes, really. But I'm fine. Just shit I gotta deal with. I appreciate the support though

• That sounds very interesting! Good luck on writing it :)

• This updated site is giving me login problems more often than it's allowing me to log in.

If anyone in the near future is expecting a response from me, but it seems like I haven't been on for a while, I probably tried, but it wouldn't let me.

• I severely doubt you have good taste.

I severely doubt it.

• WHAT IS WARP DRIVE SUPPOSED TO DO?

WarpSpeed posted: »

This updated site is giving me login problems more often than it's allowing me to log in. If anyone in the near future is expecting a response from me, but it seems like I haven't been on for a while, I probably tried, but it wouldn't let me.

• uh huh. whatever you say buddy

papai46 posted: »

I severely doubt you have good taste.

• The fact that Spider-Man Homecoming has that high of a score. Marvel and DC's recent track record hasn't been great.

lupinb0y posted: »

You severely doubt what?

• DC, I understand, but Marvel?!?

The fact that Spider-Man Homecoming has that high of a score. Marvel and DC's recent track record hasn't been great.

• Well let's see:

• Age of Ultron was terrible and poorly written
    • Thor: The Dark World was boring
    • Ant-Man was disappointing thanks to Marvel fucking Edgar Wright in the ass
    • Days of Future Past and Apocalypse were both meh
    • The Wolverine was garbage
    • Fant4stic haha don't make me laugh
    • Civil War was okay at best and predictable at worst
    • The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was worse than literal AIDs
    • The Disney XD Marvel shows are all pretty bad

So the only good ones we have left in this lineup are Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 1+2, Logan, Deadpool, The Winter Solider and 3 of the 4 Marvel Netflix shows (which by the way weren't even mainly controlled by Disney but instead people with artistic visions)

Marvel has had a really bad track record since 2013.

DC, I understand, but Marvel?!?

• I was mainly counting MCU movies (movies directly from Marvel Studios). Outside of owning the IP, some movies are outside of Marvel's control in cases like XMen or Spiderman. I'll give you Ultron and Thor Dark World (haven't seen Dark World myself but that is the general consensus), but I thought that Ant Man was good and Civil War in my book is a lot more than just "okay at best."

Well let's see: * Age of Ultron was terrible and poorly written * Thor: The Dark World was boring * Ant-Man was disappointing thanks

• Damn I didn't know that your opinion was fact! :O

I also didn't know that suddenly all these properties were suddenly under the MCU and controlled by a single studio instead of being horribly spread around and owned by different studios!

Man, what a disappointment the MCU has been!

The cartoons though are actually bad.

Well let's see: * Age of Ultron was terrible and poorly written * Thor: The Dark World was boring * Ant-Man was disappointing thanks

• Civil War in my book is a lot more than just "okay at best."

My problem is that I go to a theater to see a movie, a piece of art, and interesting story, not a circle jerk of comic book imagery. From a comic book fan standpoint, Civil War is a fantastic movie. Shots ripped straight from panels in the comic, amazing costumes, well done fight scenes, etc.

But to me, I see Civil War as nothing more than okay. Everything in the plot was very predictable and bland to me, and it still pisses me off that Marvel doesn't have the balls to kill a cast member. The CGI was kinda wonky in some places, the music was fucking garbage as usual and Spider-Man just felt kind of tacked on. Now otherwise, the movie is a fun time and Black Panther instead of being tacked on is a major part of the story, most of the fight scenes are well choreographed and the acting during the final scenes was very convincing.

I dunno, maybe I'm just too critical, but to me, Civil War was just okay, especially since I watched Deadpool and Zootopia like a few hours before Civil War, now those films were fantastic.

but I thought that Ant Man was good

Ant-Man was a good film overall, but it's nothing like it should have been. A hero like Ant-Man played by an actor like Paul Rudd DESERVED an Edgar Wright script, a very creative one at that. The final fight scene is exactly what Edgar Wright would have written the whole movie like, and should have if Marvel didn't act like greedy cunts and strictly follow the MCU checklist. It really bothers me to see a project with so much potential fucked up.

Outside of owning the IP, some movies are outside of Marvel's control in cases like XMen or Spiderman.

Friendly reminder that Sony has at least HALF control of Spider-Man Homecoming, so imo Amazing Spider-Man 2 officially counts as one of MCU's blunders until Marvel and Sony's little contract expires.

(haven't seen Dark World myself but that is the general consensus)

Don't watch it. There's like 4 really good scenes and the rest is just bleh.

I was mainly counting MCU movies (movies directly from Marvel Studios). Outside of owning the IP, some movies are outside of Marvel's contro

• edited June 2017

Damn I didn't know that your opinion was fact! :O

Never directly said it was. I just stated what I thought about the movies. Also, considering Rotten Tomatoes gave Harry Potter 7, Don't Breathe, Finding Dory, The Good Dinosaur, Ghostbusters 2016 and Sing all overwhelmingly positive reviews despite said movies being actually shit, I don't trust RT as a trustworthy source at all personally.

I also didn't know that suddenly all these properties were suddenly under the MCU and controlled by a single studio instead of being horribly spread around and owned by different studios!

Never that they were either, just that they were shit.

EDIT: Also, I said that Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 was good though????? And I didn't say shit about Doctor Strange because I didn't need to. It's a genuinely fantastic film.

Damn I didn't know that your opinion was fact! :O I also didn't know that suddenly all these properties were suddenly under the MCU and c

• Friendly reminder that Sony has at least HALF control of Spider-Man Homecoming, so imo Amazing Spider-Man 2 officially counts as one of MCU's blunders until Marvel and Sony's little contract expires.

Not really; that movie was made prior to the Sony/Marvel Studios deal and the MCU Spiderman movie is a reboot that does take place in the MCU, whereas the older movies do not. It feels like you are selectively bending the logic of the Sony/Marvel deal around to fit your point.

Civil War in my book is a lot more than just "okay at best." My problem is that I go to a theater to see a movie, a piece of art, an

• Yeah, it kind of is that way I'll admit. I just reeeeeeeeeeeally hate Amazing Spider-Man 2. I'll find any way possible to fit it into a fuck marvel conversation. My bad, I'm in the wrong there.

Friendly reminder that Sony has at least HALF control of Spider-Man Homecoming, so imo Amazing Spider-Man 2 officially counts as one of MCU'

• Lol I actually really liked Don't Breath. Thought that it was really original (also has the scariest weapon I've ever seen in a horror movie) and genuinely terrifying but the ending isn't great :p

EDIT: Also, I said that Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 was good though????? And I didn't say shit about Doctor Strange because I didn't need to. It's a genuinely fantastic film.

That's kinda my problem with what you said though. You name a bunch of very recent Marvel movies (MCU and FOX) that are legitimitely fantastic, aside from Apocalypse, and then say "Wow what a bad recent track record."

Then you pull "older movies" in an attempt to add some credibility to your argument (Man you even counted ASM2 as an MCU movie despite having nothing to do with the MCU in your reply to Blind). It just seems like you're trying to start an argument.

Also I/am was typing with some salt in my eyes so I apologise if I seem a little agressive.

Damn I didn't know that your opinion was fact! :O Never directly said it was. I just stated what I thought about the movies. Also, c

• Lol I actually really liked Don't Breath. Thought that it was really original

I'll give you that one. It's well made and original for sure, I just think the plot and horror fall flat on their face is all, but the turkey baster with se-- ugh yuagh, uck. fucking disgusting

That's kinda my problem with what you said though. You name a bunch of very recent Marvel movies (MCU and FOX) that are legitimitely fantastic, aside from Apocalypse, and then say "Wow what a bad recent track record."

Yeah but imo they just aren't fantastic. There's nothing exceptional about that to me and they all follow a similar formula. Now these movies aren't on a Suicide Squad level of bad, don't get me wrong. They're still well shot, well acted and have great fight scenes. They aren't just balls to the walls terrible films with no redeemable qualities, they just aren't that great imo. They genuinely could have been better, but they DEFINITELY could have been worse.

Then you pull "older movies" in an attempt to add some credibility to your argument (Man you even counted ASM2 as an MCU movie despite having nothing to do with the MCU in your reply to Blind).

As I mentioned, the ASM2 thing was not to "add credibility" to my argument. I just fucking hate ASM2 and feel a need to reaffirm that point when I'm trashing Marvel. As for the Fox films, yes, I understand they are not part of the MCU, but if you look at my very first comments you'll notice I never specified MCU specifically, I targeted all of Marvel, because to me a lot of the MCU, Fox and Sony movies have the same level of quality, save for the good ones I mentioned, of course. God I love Winter Solider

Also I/am was typing with some salt in my eyes so I apologise if I seem a little agressive.

Nah, it's cool. There have been things said to me that were a MILLION times worse than you just typing with some salt. You're all kosher.

Lol I actually really liked Don't Breath. Thought that it was really original (also has the scariest weapon I've ever seen in a horror movie

• Going on a flight to Busan, South Korea with family tonight! I'll post some pictures of my trip if I remember to take some.

• have fun! :)

Going on a flight to Busan, South Korea with family tonight! I'll post some pictures of my trip if I remember to take some.

• The cartoons though are actually bad.

Spectacular Spider-Man and Avengers EMH, though.

Damn I didn't know that your opinion was fact! :O I also didn't know that suddenly all these properties were suddenly under the MCU and c

• edited June 2017

omg people are such fucking retards. i mean, im mexican i i hate that when most mexicans that are portrayed in movies are something other than mexican, but i dont make such a big fucking deal about it. like who gives a fuck? its not like theyre putting a black guy (maybe i shouldnt put this, might sound a bit racist, but i dont think so and im a bit buzzed) or an asian to play a mexican, like wtf? sigh, whatever people these days.

btw that movie looks dope.

OneWayNoWay posted: »

Oh, yippee, another movie that the SJWs are having a tantrum over...I mean, I really can't see how this is any different than a non-American

• Have a good time, man!

Going on a flight to Busan, South Korea with family tonight! I'll post some pictures of my trip if I remember to take some.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.