The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Does the secret feelings thing I said count as love at first sight?

Kinda but not quite. You mentioned love at first sight, but my suggestion was more friendship that builds up, any attraction wouldn't come f

• edited August 2017

Another writing question: what is everyone's opinion on OCs in Fanfiction as part of the main cast? Do you like them or not?

• Thank you. What you suggested seems to be all I can do.

And I will do just that.

WarpSpeed posted: »

It's just a story? Well, OK, when my wife gets mad about things the characters do on her favorite soap opera, I tend to point out that th

• you said love at first sight in your original comment, yes you also mentioned secret feelings but you didn't specify whether these would be built up or it's still love at first sight. keep in mind that i'm not saying my suggestion is better than yours, i never mentioned quality in general, just that your original idea was close to mine but not quite. your idea was good.

Melton23 posted: »

Does the secret feelings thing I said count as love at first sight?

• I really don't like them. I usually don't even bother reading a fanfic with an OC as a main character. Supporting is eh, a bit better. Still, almost every game, show or whatever has enough characters so OC's feel like writer's personal fantasy which you can't quite connect with.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

Another writing question: what is everyone's opinion on OCs in Fanfiction as part of the main cast? Do you like them or not?

• As long as they aren't self-insert bullshit and actually written very well into the story, I dig it.

• There's only a few OCs I can't stand, like the ones that are "daughters" or "sisters" of the main character or villain. Basically the cliche and generic ones.

I like OCs that have no connection or very little connection to the characters. Just small, little details about their past with a character. For example, "Oh I know [blank]. We used to go to school together but I hardly know them."

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

I really don't like them. I usually don't even bother reading a fanfic with an OC as a main character. Supporting is eh, a bit better. Still

• Self-inserts make me cringe a lot.

Like I said, I like OCs that have no connection to any of the main characters. I'm sick of seeing "[blank] is Lee's daughter" or "[blank] is the sister of Rhys." It's just a cheap way to promote a OC without building a relationship with the main character.

As long as they aren't self-insert bullshit and actually written very well into the story, I dig it.

• jake paul fanbase lol

enter image description here

• Youtube comments lol

FTFY

jake paul fanbase lol

• Has he just like came out of nowhere? I swear last week I just found out about him. Is he some sort over-night sensation? Because I've heard there's a lot of controversy around him (or something like that).

jake paul fanbase lol

• It's copypasta.

jake paul fanbase lol

• edited August 2017

I'm REALLY starting to hate Jake Paul and his fanbase! This guy is pissing me off to end in sight! Like what's gonna take to get rid of this asshole? Also his fanbase is soooo insanely loyal that if he punched a baby he would get cheers from his audience and his people going crazy!

jake paul fanbase lol

• copypasta like that always starts somewhere, just like the "We Are Jake Paulers" one, which means somebody definitely said that for real, even if it's not the dude in the picture.

BigBlindMax posted: »

It's copypasta.

• lol

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Youtube comments lol FTFY

• according to his shitty song, ugh... "It's Everyday Bro"... yes, he did come out of nowhere.

Has he just like came out of nowhere? I swear last week I just found out about him. Is he some sort over-night sensation? Because I've heard there's a lot of controversy around him (or something like that).

• "starting to hate"

how are you just now starting.

strwar3 posted: »

I'm REALLY starting to hate Jake Paul and his fanbase! This guy is pissing me off to end in sight! Like what's gonna take to get rid of this

• You know, despite all the news and shit surrounding him and Disney, I still have no fucking idea who he is and what the hell is going on. And to be honest, I don't really care enough to care, all I know is the news keeps focusing on him and I'm starting to (or already have) grow annoyed by it.

jake paul fanbase lol

• I only know him through his brother, Logan Paul, who used to be a famous Viner now Youtuber.

I think Jake mostly does vlogs now, but I don't care either.

You know, despite all the news and shit surrounding him and Disney, I still have no fucking idea who he is and what the hell is going on. An

• Sometimes I dream about cheese.

• I just read, "Fish have been around for centuries" on a friend's facebook post.

Centuries? Hundreds of Millions of years?

It's similar to us measuring our lifespan in minutes.

• Sweet! Can't wait to see it!

Acheive250 posted: »

Right! I'll get cropping right away!

• The Last of Us? What the hell is that?!

oh shit. iS tHaT a MoTher fUcKing lAst oF uS reFeReNce?

• People said it before, but it ain't exclusive to the fan base of whoever that it is. It's been around for months.

copypasta like that always starts somewhere, just like the "We Are Jake Paulers" one, which means somebody definitely said that for real, even if it's not the dude in the picture.

• "How old are you?"

"Eh, at least a couple minutes."

Johro posted: »

I just read, "Fish have been around for centuries" on a friend's facebook post. Centuries? Hundreds of Millions of years? It's similar to us measuring our lifespan in minutes.

• Send a link to the video, I wanna go fuck with these people :3

jake paul fanbase lol

• i dunno which video it is specifically, i just found the comment on a reddit thread. but if you wanna fuck with them, just look up basically any jake paul video.

Send a link to the video, I wanna go fuck with these people

• I just found this and I wanted to share it with you guys!
    Gaming Heads have a Spyro The Dragon statue for pre-order!
    It looks so accurate and detailed!
    http://www.gamingheads.com/spyro-the-dragon.html

enter image description here

• Now, I can get behind that but I am still not a fan of OC's.

There's only a few OCs I can't stand, like the ones that are "daughters" or "sisters" of the main character or villain. Basically the cliche

• GTA 5: the game for fucking basement dwellers

• 15" tall, I can only imagine. Too bad I'm broke AF and no room to put it anywhere. :\

I just found this and I wanted to share it with you guys! Gaming Heads have a Spyro The Dragon statue for pre-order! It looks so accurate and detailed! http://www.gamingheads.com/spyro-the-dragon.html

• enter image description here

The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread: Where we can be all poetic and just share whatever's on our minds together.

• Funny enough, I just moved my ps4 to the basement after my grandfather had to spend the night in my room. And I have been recently playing on a modded save of GTA V.

What am I becoming

GTA 5: the game for fucking basement dwellers

• Funnily enough I've literally just given up on my PS4 after having hours of hard work ruined by some asshole waiting on one of those rocket bikes in the hills just to swoop down to blow me up just for 2k dollars :p

Funny enough, I just moved my ps4 to the basement after my grandfather had to spend the night in my room. And I have been recently playing on a modded save of GTA V. What am I becoming

• That succs. :(

Funnily enough I've literally just given up on my PS4 after having hours of hard work ruined by some asshole waiting on one of those rocket bikes in the hills just to swoop down to blow me up just for 2k dollars

• It still does suck :3 since I have nothing better to do today, I'm watching the gameplay of a game with shifty acting on YouTube

That succs.

• They only evolved after the government put a wall around the edge of the earth because they would have just swam off the edge before, obviously.

Johro posted: »

I just read, "Fish have been around for centuries" on a friend's facebook post. Centuries? Hundreds of Millions of years? It's similar to us measuring our lifespan in minutes.

• edited August 2017

I wish to God some people would give me more reviews of my first writing. I've been waiting for fucking 4 months now, and I still only have ONE full review. I'm so goddamn mad.

• Where do you publish your work? Sometimes, certain kinds of writing won't get noticed on certain sites.

I wish to God some people would give me more reviews of my first writing. I've been waiting for fucking 4 months now, and I still only have ONE full review. I'm so goddamn mad.

• People still play GTA V? I stopped playing that years ago.

GTA 5: the game for fucking basement dwellers

Sign in to comment in this discussion.