The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Still amazing as always.

Interesting that this movie was essentially conceived 20 or so years ago.
    Also, Wright was going to work on Ant-Man?? Whaat?!

I'm posting this here for anyone interested, here's the first 6 minutes (Car chase) of Baby Driver. (EDIT: Fun fact - Edgar Wright first li

• yeah but being a weeb is like being really pathetic. constantly trying to speak japanese and abandon your own culture, surrounding yourself in anime merch/body pillows, treating anime as your entire life. i just simply enjoy certain anime. the only piece of anime merch i even own is a 3 inch goku figurine that i keep on my bookshelf.

W E E B

• am just kidding fam

yeah but being a weeb is like being really pathetic. constantly trying to speak japanese and abandon your own culture, surrounding yourself

• edited August 2017

double post

yeah but being a weeb is like being really pathetic. constantly trying to speak japanese and abandon your own culture, surrounding yourself

• i had assumed. i just like writing out long and pointless arguments because my life hardly has any meaning any more and by god conflict is a fun time.

am just kidding fam

• Mmmmm. Nice

lupinb0y posted: »

I just watched and... wow. I thought I was desensitized to violence. But this is a lot more brutal than I thought it would be. It's extremely dark but very well animated. Gonna need some eyebleach to purge this from my mind now.

• edited August 2017

[removed]

I just watched and... wow. I thought I was desensitized to violence. But this is a lot more brutal than I thought it would be. It's extremely dark but very well animated. Gonna need some eyebleach to purge this from my mind now.

• Ah.....

For some reason I thought it was very artistic in how brutally they were all killed. Am I fuck'd up for thinking that?

• [removed]

Huh, so that's what getting banned is like, interesting.

• edited August 2017

In recent interviews he still looks pretty upset about not being able to direct it. I think it was a better choice in my opinion, he ended up making a unique movie from the experience.

AChicken posted: »

Still amazing as always. Interesting that this movie was essentially conceived 20 or so years ago. Also, Wright was going to work on Ant-Man?? Whaat?!

• I'm playing Red Dead Redemption on Xbox One which is owned by my sister's boyfriend. I'm going to get ready for RDR 2.

• to everyone here in i woul dlike to recommend you this youtube show called hot ones. if yall watch it, i think yall would agree its cool.

So I bought of bottle of this sauce and tried it today. It's 800,000 Scoville. It's spicy as fuck. I've got a stomach ache from eating a couple drops from it.

• edited August 2017

Have you seen what I do on fallout 4? XD I make pieces of art out of body parts of killed npc's, my friend is very artistic though and he actually went as far as to making a swastika out of arms and legs

Ah..... For some reason I thought it was very artistic in how brutally they were all killed. Am I fuck'd up for thinking that?

• Okay. I don't feel as bad now. :relieved:

Melton23 posted: »

Have you seen what I do on fallout 4? XD I make pieces of art out of body parts of killed npc's, my friend is very artistic though and he actually went as far as to making a swastika out of arms and legs

• The fucked up thing was that he made it out of an elderly couple from diamond city :3 just walked into their house and killed them, so there's something to make you feel even better

Okay. I don't feel as bad now.

• Yeah I watch it every so often. It's pretty great and it's funny to see them try and handle the heat.

jamex1223 posted: »

to everyone here in i woul dlike to recommend you this youtube show called hot ones. if yall watch it, i think yall would agree its cool.

• so apparently i'm gonna be on tv this evening.

fun.

• How'd that happen?

so apparently i'm gonna be on tv this evening. fun.

• Sure. The Simpsons are not as innocent as the elderly couple you slaughtered. :3

The fucked up thing was that he made it out of an elderly couple from diamond city just walked into their house and killed them, so there's something to make you feel even better

• edited August 2017

What Channel?

I'm not sure if my Spectrum account will be able to show your channel, but I can try.

• Local network. I can send a link if it goes up on their website.

What Channel? I'm not sure if my Spectrum account will be able to show your channel, but I can try.

• Yeah, this was a good payoff.

In recent interviews he still looks pretty upset about not being able to direct it. I think it was a better choice in my opinion, he ended up making a unique movie from the experience.

• The store I work for got interviewed by NBC Action News and I was on camera for a few seconds.

How'd that happen?

• Cool! Thanks. :)

Local network. I can send a link if it goes up on their website.

• I want another Friday the 13th. I've been re-watching the franchise for the N'th time. The last one wasn't great, but it wasn't 3/10 either, people.

• edited August 2017

I was on tv once

• dope

I was on tv once

• I'm also playing Dead Space on the same console. Is there any reason this franchise isn't ported on PS4? Why aren't there any more third person survival horror games in these days?

• I feel like commiting suicide after watching that

• edited August 2017

Is the actual YOU'RE NEXT film any good? I haven't seen it.

• honestly i don't see how this is different from any other shitty modern family guy joke. it goes on for way too long and eventually it just sounds like the same regurgitated joke over and over. it's kind of obnoxious to me.

Oh my god, it did it! It finally did it! Modern Family Guy FINALLY made me laugh!

• edited August 2017

because a lot of modern third person survival horror is painfully mediocre.

AronDracula posted: »

I'm also playing Dead Space on the same console. Is there any reason this franchise isn't ported on PS4? Why aren't there any more third person survival horror games in these days?

• edited August 2017

Hell, there are barely any AAA horror games released these years. 2016 was full of mediocre indie horror games. I have a hard time thinking if there are going to be any more good horror games after Resident Evil 7.

I think the horror genre in video games has been dying since 2014.

because a lot of modern third person survival horror is painfully mediocre.

• Me neither. Didn't even know it was supposed to be a homage until I read the comments.

Is the actual YOU'RE NEXT film any good? I haven't seen it.

• I've seen this film called The Guest and its the same director, I liked it.

Me neither. Didn't even know it was supposed to be a homage until I read the comments.

• same regurgitated joke

Clemy says at the one time they decided not to do that.

Fair enough with it dragging out but I don't really think it was that repetitive.I thought it did a pretty good job at showing how terrible technology was. To each their own I guess.

honestly i don't see how this is different from any other shitty modern family guy joke. it goes on for way too long and eventually it just sounds like the same regurgitated joke over and over. it's kind of obnoxious to me.

• (COPING EVERYTHING HERE BECAUSE I THINK THE GOOD ENDING THREAD IS DEAD)

Ok so I've been having a problem with the story I'm currently writing... it's a Life Is Strange fanfic. I know, I know, but I'm actually putting a lot of effort here and I'm think I'm doing a good job... except that I can't figure out the ending I want. So, uh, I will write the rest of this down there in case anybody is interested and doesn't want spoiler so, uh, spoiler alert.

• I’m going to try very hard to sum everything up: the whole story is just part of an endless cycle that has been going on for God knows how long and has the universe trapped in a constant loop. This is, at some point Max went back in time to 1903 (it makes sense in the story context) and Rachel Amber kind of takes over her (I’ll explain this later) and starts fucking everything up. Since neither Max nor Rachel were born yet in 1903, they’re kind of like a spirit with no body and they trigger the whole thing that happens later in the story (takes over decades. The story itself it’s only a year long but there is a lot of fanmade lore here). Eventually, Rachel Amber is born (she has time powers like Max), she gets in trouble and now there are powerful motherfuckers that want her dead. On June 5th. 2014 shit hits the fan and her best idea to hide is to go back in time to before she was born, but while her mother was pregnant (so she’s still linked to this world, still spirit-like but can go back to her body), alter some shit so her mother and father get divorced, make her mother meet this other guy, and live happily ever after. So instead of Rachel, Max was born (yes I’m going into the “Max is Rachel Amber” dark place and no one will stop me). Max turned out to be very different from Rachel but not entirely (I’m dropping some Nature vs. Nurture philosophy here). Max has a happy/crappy life and shit until her powers get triggered again and then a very bad year until June 5th 2014 in this timeline. It’s supposed that this is the day Rachel Amber will come back and take over her body. God!Rachel that is around there, fucking things up since 1903, is going to throw the Ultimum Tantrum in Arcadia Bay by making a motherfucking tornado (cough waterspout cough), as revenge and shit I’m not going to reveal here. Max finds a photo taken in 1903 and she has two options: Going back to 1903 and trying to stop Rachel by taking over her (which is the choice she made infinite times before and failed all of them), or letting the Tornado destroy Arcadia Bay and NotEvil!Rachel (who is not entirely not evil but she’s not as bad as God!Rachel or the actual antagonist of the story) take over her body and be happy with Chloe somewhere else.

HOWEVER Max figures out (for reasons I’m not going to explain here for the sake of no spoilers) another way, go to the first timeline Rachel ever existed in, take over her body and kill her, erasing all she shit she’s been doing since 1903.

While I like this choice, since it’s similar to the ending of Bioshock Infinite, one of the biggest influences in the story, and is the only one that actually makes sense and gives importance to other elements that wouldn’t have as much weight without it. And it wouldn’t be a “happy ending”, since neither Max nor Rachel ever existed and everything we went through with them never happened, but I think this is exactly the problem with this: What was the point? Yeah, Max fixed almost everything, but no one will remember it, not even the other protagonists. Why tell all this story if the only impact it left was not impact at all? I was thinking about letting Chloe remember all and some other shit like now it’s her the one that has powers because of some Bioshock/His Dark Materials quantum bullshit so it wouldn’t feel so bad but it still feels anticlimactic and everything just feels so pointless.

Agh, someone help me please.

EDIT: I forgot something.

I have these very important characters that I don't want to include in the ending, I want the ending to revolve around Max and Chloe. These other two characters would be a massive third wheel here, they would be there just to be there, but have them around all the story and not in the ending feels kinda... bad. I don't know how to describe this. My first idea was to kill them, but I would be killing them just to get rid of them, and that's the worst thing I can do when writing. They would have a rushed and bad writen death and I don't want to kill them like that, I love them too much to give them such a bad death. So, maybe they went to fight their own battles, with their families and their emotional issues and shit, but again, it feels like I'm getting rid of them. They have zero impact in the ending, there is no possible way for them to have any impact in the ending, but two of the most important characters have no impact in the ending? I don't know what to do someone help

(COPING EVERYTHING HERE BECAUSE I THINK THE GOOD ENDING THREAD IS DEAD) Ok so I've been having a problem with the story I'm currently wri

• Holy shit, there's a reason to live again!

Fox in talks to bring back King of the Hill

• The game looks promising

Johro posted: »

I want another Friday the 13th. I've been re-watching the franchise for the N'th time. The last one wasn't great, but it wasn't 3/10 either, people.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.