The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I think the majority of people dont like games that require any skill or thought because its too hard otherwise, so the industry caters to them instead of the core fans because we are the minority.

Just look at the amount of reviewers that knock of points because "durrr its hard"

AronDracula posted: »

I'm also playing Dead Space on the same console. Is there any reason this franchise isn't ported on PS4? Why aren't there any more third person survival horror games in these days?

• personally it felt really repetitive. it was just peter running around in circles in game bragging about being bo jackson while quagmire was getting angry and joe was giving advice over and over for like a minute straight. but meh, maybe i'm just a dingus idk.

same regurgitated joke Clemy says at the one time they decided not to do that. Fair enough with it dragging out but I don't reall

• Then why does Crash Bandicoot get to be released in PS4?

I think the majority of people dont like games that require any skill or thought because its too hard otherwise, so the industry caters to t

• Don't worry, I still completely agree with you in regards that Family Guy is now repetitive trash.

I'm just glad I found a skit that actually made me laugh.

personally it felt really repetitive. it was just peter running around in circles in game bragging about being bo jackson while quagmire was

• Hell, there are barely any AAA horror games released these years.

The Evil Within, Alien: Isolation, Last of Us: Left Behind, Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water, Escape from Dead Island, Until Dawn, SOMA, Resident Evil: Revelations 2, Dying Light, DOOM, INSIDE, just to name a few.

Yeah considering in the past 3 years have seen more AAA horror releases than a lot of other times before it, I'm gonna say AAA horror isn't exactly an indie exclusive genre.

2016 was full of mediocre indie horror games.

Let It Die, We Happy Few, Hello Neighbor, Through the Woods, Dead by Daylight, DreadOut: Keepers of the Dark and Salt and Sanctuary were all pretty good for the kinds of games they were to be honest. The only really mediocre ones that are worth note I can think of were the shitty new FNAF game, Black Rose and Sara is Missing.

I have a hard time thinking if there are going to be any more good horror games after Resident Evil 7.

That's what everyone said about I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, Resident Evil (2002), Silent Hill 2, Amnesia: The Dark Descent and Alien: Isolation. And that was proved wrong time and time again. Resident Evil 7 was great but it isn't genre killing great. There will absolutely be good horror games in the future, you're just too cynical to realize it man.

I think the horror genre in video games has been dying since 2014.

horror genre from 2014-now: gives you alien: isolation, resident evil 7 and an even better re-release of the og resident evil
    you: the horror genre is dead lol

Come on man, things aren't as bleak as they seem. Horror is just as lively as ever.

Hell, there are barely any AAA horror games released these years. 2016 was full of mediocre indie horror games. I have a hard time thinking

• because crash bandicoot is only hard if you suck.

also the original crash games are reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally good.

Then why does Crash Bandicoot get to be released in PS4?

• I think the majority of people dont like games that require any skill or thought because its too hard otherwise,

While I do agree it is the majority, there has been a recent, gigantic increase in people who love the challenge of games like Dark Souls over the past few years, so it's not like porting Dead Space would be for nobody. It'd be a lot of people actually.

Just look at the amount of reviewers that knock of points because "durrr its hard"

Yeah but game journalists are actually fucking retarded so who cares what they say anymore.

I think the majority of people dont like games that require any skill or thought because its too hard otherwise, so the industry caters to t

• I'm just glad I found a skit that actually made me laugh.

I'm glad you did too my dude. I'm just being an overly cynical cunt lol

Don't worry, I still completely agree with you in regards that Family Guy is now repetitive trash. I'm just glad I found a skit that actually made me laugh.

• I would like to ask you guys for help.
    As you may or may not know I'm not very good at English and I'm interested in something that is called Paleoart. So recently I have received this mail:

Hello,

We are (Name of the group), an organization and youtube channel about the life and earth sciences, as well as debunking pseudoscience, and going into speculator discussions.

We were wondering if you'd be interested in being a part of our team? As of right now, we have a Discord server in which artists, voice actors, and animators. join together to discuss science as well as help to bring together videos that we host on our youtube channel. That would not, of course, put any impetus on you to have to create anything when we ask, we're just trying to get as many members of the community together in one place to discuss stuff, and maybe get some new art when anyone is not particularly busy.

We are always looking for pieces to help fill the niche of our videos, and your work is impressive. However, we also ask permission to use any of your existing paleo-themed works. Thank you.

And I don't know how to answer this. I would like to join their team but first I want to explain them that my English is pretty basic. I know that this might look pretty lazy for me to ask but can someone help me to write a good looking letter? I'm not asking to write the hole thing for me. I would like to ask for some tips. Thank you in advance for your help.

• Hello Neighbor

are you actually trying to say that hello neighbor isn't a total mess

have you played it recently

Hell, there are barely any AAA horror games released these years. The Evil Within, Alien: Isolation, Last of Us: Left Behind, Fatal

• This sounds amazing

Please let me know when you publish the first chapter or whatever

• I've taken Business Communication so I should be able to give some tips.

Is PM fine?

bruzdaa posted: »

I would like to ask you guys for help. As you may or may not know I'm not very good at English and I'm interested in something that is call

• We Happy Few

Doesn't look horror to me. Just a fun open world.

Last of Us: Left Behind

Off, The Last of Us was never a horror game. There is only one time where it scares your socks off and it's the Hotel basement.

DOOM

Really? Was the original Doom even scary to you? I thought DOOM 3 was the only one who takes the cake.

INSIDE

More like a puzzle game than a horror game.

Dead by Daylight

More like a fun multiplayer but scary at the same time.

Hello Neighbor

Have you checked the Beta version of the game? It sucks balls. It's full of bugs, glitches, terrible AI, lack of content, terrible designs etc. It's not a horror game anymore, it's been getting worse since Alpha 3. Look at what John Wolfe has to say about this, it's priceless.

Hell, there are barely any AAA horror games released these years. The Evil Within, Alien: Isolation, Last of Us: Left Behind, Fatal

• Is PM fine?

Yes, of course.

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

I've taken Business Communication so I should be able to give some tips. Is PM fine?

• Well this is some good news, I tell you hwhat. I would definitely love it if my favorite propane and propane accessory sales man returns to TV, but I'm curious as to how it will work since Luanne's voice actress died. While she wasn't the biggest character, she was pretty important, so it doesn't seem like they'll recast her, but they also just can't write her out either.

Holy shit, there's a reason to live again! Fox in talks to bring back King of the Hill

• Doesn't look horror to me. Just a fun open world.
    Off, The Last of Us was never a horror game. There is only one time where it scares your socks off and it's the Hotel basement.
    Really? Was the original Doom even scary to you? I thought DOOM 3 was the only one who takes the cake.

a horror game doesn't need to be scary to be horror. it's horror themed regardless of whether or not it strikes terror within you.

More like a puzzle game than a horror game.

again, it's still horror themed.

Have you checked the Beta version of the game? It sucks balls. It's full of bugs, glitches, terrible AI, lack of content, terrible designs etc

it's actually pretty good when it isn't glitching. i had a wonderful and glitch free time with it when i played and it has a lot of fantastic and unique ideas that are worth praise.

We Happy Few Doesn't look horror to me. Just a fun open world. Last of Us: Left Behind Off, The Last of Us was never a

• i talked about my further thoughts below. no doubt sometimes it's a gigantic mess but the game itself is a great idea with really unique ideas that i appreciate, and the 2 times i've played it i had no issues. i know the horror stories though.

Hello Neighbor are you actually trying to say that hello neighbor isn't a total mess have you played it recently

• well yeah the idea is great but the execution is what make it mediocre

i talked about my further thoughts below. no doubt sometimes it's a gigantic mess but the game itself is a great idea with really unique ideas that i appreciate, and the 2 times i've played it i had no issues. i know the horror stories though.

• it's actually pretty good when it isn't glitching. i had a wonderful and glitch free time with it when i played and it has a lot of fantastic and unique ideas that are worth praise.

But how is it worth 30 bucks? The full game comes out in 29 August and how are the developers going to fix the problems youtubers have face? I doubt it's gonna be longer than the previous versions.

Doesn't look horror to me. Just a fun open world. Off, The Last of Us was never a horror game. There is only one time where it scares you

• edited August 2017

Thank you! It probably won't be published until next year, I'm getting the whole thing writen before starting to publish it, but I'll tell you when I'm there! For now, I need to figure this ending out... agh.

Btw, this isn't even a fraction of the whole story...tons of bad shit happened between 1903 and 2014.

This sounds amazing Please let me know when you publish the first chapter or whatever

• But how is it worth 30 bucks?

it's not. i wasn't arguing whether or not it was worth the asking price, just that it's not as bad as it seems.

it's actually pretty good when it isn't glitching. i had a wonderful and glitch free time with it when i played and it has a lot of fantasti

• Wow, this is some good shit! Congratulations!

bruzdaa posted: »

I would like to ask you guys for help. As you may or may not know I'm not very good at English and I'm interested in something that is call

• Thank you! I'm really surprised that I've been asked to be a part of a science team. It's weird because I'm pretty stupid. But hey, I'm not gonna complain right?
    Just kidding of course

Wow, this is some good shit! Congratulations!

• I've been spelling villain as "villian" all this time called life. I can't believe this.

• Just spoke with Anadel and they're releasing a new single in 2 months. I'm thankful that I'm getting early access because I so can't wait to hear it.

• Oh God...I'm so paranoid out the front door for these past few days.

• I think it's because first person makes the horror more personal and immersive. It's easier to be scared when you feel like the monsters are after you and not some avatar that you're playing as.

I'm also playing Dead Space on the same console. Is there any reason this franchise isn't ported on PS4? Why aren't there any more third person survival horror games in these days?

• WHAT IT'S NOT SPELLED VILLIAN!!?!??!

I've been spelling villain as "villian" all this time called life. I can't believe this.

• WOWOWOWOWOW I'M SO EXITED

I just wish they don't go down like... everything I like is going down lately (Atlas Year 2, (Sleeping at last), SunnMoonEclippse (Radical Face), the latest Daughter songs, Telltale's TWD, LiS, Ministerio del Tiempo (Julián fucking DIED his death was worse than Jane's like you didn't even get to see his face), AMC's TWD, Kirkman's TWD, Telltale in general, this frikin forum...)

sorry i ranted on you but i needed that don't mind me

Just spoke with Anadel and they're releasing a new single in 2 months. I'm thankful that I'm getting early access because I so can't wait to hear it.

• What's up homie?

J-Master posted: »

Oh God...I'm so paranoid out the front door for these past few days.

• Sounds neat! It's been a while since their last album so I was hoping to hear more from them at some point. :)

Just spoke with Anadel and they're releasing a new single in 2 months. I'm thankful that I'm getting early access because I so can't wait to hear it.

• It's like that thing where you feel like a tornado is coming the next day or next week and there's nothing you can do about it except watch it happen in front of you.

Of course I'm pretty far away but there's no telling how big that falllout is going to be.

What's up homie?

• Uh, are you playing Life Is Strange?

Eh, I don't understand what your saying but... good luck? I hope things are play by the end.

J-Master posted: »

It's like that thing where you feel like a tornado is coming the next day or next week and there's nothing you can do about it except watch

• J-Master posted: »

It's like that thing where you feel like a tornado is coming the next day or next week and there's nothing you can do about it except watch

• Recently, I just finished watching the movie Unfriended. And...it's not only a bad horror film, it's also one of the worst movies I've ever seen. PERIOD.

The acting was terrible, it was boring as hell and not at all scary (of course, what else could you expect from a Jason Blum movie?), and I had complete apathy for all the characters except for Mitch.

• you fool

I've been spelling villain as "villian" all this time called life. I can't believe this.

• unfriended is a film that can only be enjoyed if you imagine it all as a sam pepper meme and at the end of the film he just comes out like "it's just a prank bro xd"

and even then that's pretty fucking insufferable. seriously fuck unfriended and fuck it's recently announced, probably awful, sequel. it follows came out the same year and it's infinitely better than unfriended.

Recently, I just finished watching the movie Unfriended. And...it's not only a bad horror film, it's also one of the worst movies I've ever

• I'm talking about the recent political tensions rising up these past few days.

I'm still focusing on me right now so I'm not letting it all get a hold of me.

Uh, are you playing Life Is Strange? Eh, I don't understand what your saying but... good luck? I hope things are play by the end.

• I don't get why it would even NEED a sequel...because everyone's dead. Literally everyone.

unfriended is a film that can only be enjoyed if you imagine it all as a sam pepper meme and at the end of the film he just comes out like "

• edited August 2017

As someone whom remembers a time before the internet, a horror flick surrounding the most recent addition to the internet, social media, REALLY didn't speak to me.

I'm not even one of those guys who's making hipster posts like "I'd rather be out camping blah blah". As you can tell, I have more than embraced the internet and its culture.

It just sounded horrible and I wish that I was wrong. It has now ruined anything like it. I remember two other internet related horror flicks and they were terrible too. I really wish one panned out. At least show us that it can be done and isn't a terrible idea.

Recently, I just finished watching the movie Unfriended. And...it's not only a bad horror film, it's also one of the worst movies I've ever

Sign in to comment in this discussion.