The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

lupinb0y posted: »

Ugh, some guys have all the luck I was born with glass bones and paper skin. Every morning I break my legs, and every afternoon I break my arms. At night, I lie awake in agony until my heart attacks put me to sleep

• Just started playing Telltale's Game Of Thrones. Seems great by now! I just hate the graphics, they look like they're supposed to look like a painting and it looks horrible, but besides that, I'm really liking it!

Killing the main character in the first chapter!!!?!?? WOW NOW THAT'S HARDCORE

• Also..
    (I shouldn't really joke about this one because his character's condition is based on a real disorder)

Ugh, some guys have all the luck I was born with glass bones and paper skin. Every morning I break my legs, and every afternoon I break my arms. At night, I lie awake in agony until my heart attacks put me to sleep

• I can't believe its been 3 years today. No words.

• edited August 2017

It's true! Here's a picture of myself that two guys helped me take.

My guess is they live in a country with a government that actually cares about its citizens and doesn't punish them for being ill... or I may be able to detect a hint of sarcasm but they forgot the /s and its impossible to know for sure online.

• And here I was thinking that today would be one full of laughs, not full of feels :'(

I can't believe its been 3 years today. No words.

• But that's only 1 out of 5 of the main playable characters...

Just started playing Telltale's Game Of Thrones. Seems great by now! I just hate the graphics, they look like they're supposed to look like

• you fucking legend

• I'm spending the day watching his movies while doing coursework.

Melton23 posted: »

And here I was thinking that today would be one full of laughs, not full of feels

• Course work was the worst shit ever >_< Any movie with Robin Williams in would be the best thing ever in that kind of situation

I'm spending the day watching his movies while doing coursework.

• edited August 2017

I don't know if everyone else agrees, but I think Handsome Jack is one of the greatest villains ever created. He's cocky, manipulative, disrespectful, funny, and intelligent; basically every trait a good villain needs.

You basically love to hate him.

He's also a sympathetic villain when you learn about his backstory; mainly by playing Borderlands: Pre-Sequel.

• edited August 2017

His cool someone should make thread asking who the users fav villain and why be interesting to see responses.

My fav Joker(arkham games) dude evil genius

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

I don't know if everyone else agrees, but I think Handsome Jack is one of the greatest villains ever created. He's cocky, manipulative, disr

• Just completed Hellblade it's a masterpiece and at bargain price

Really hope sells well and gets good.reviews

I love innovative games with big focus on story really beautiful story and shows mental health in realistic way none condescending way.

9/10

• You know the world is fucked when people can't understand a simple SpongeBob joke.

My guess is they live in a country with a government that actually cares about its citizens and doesn't punish them for being ill... or I may be able to detect a hint of sarcasm but they forgot the /s and its impossible to know for sure online.

• Joker is one of my favorites too, easily in the top 5.

Markd4547 posted: »

His cool someone should make thread asking who the users fav villain and why be interesting to see responses. My fav Joker(arkham games) dude evil genius

• I know. Still, that kid was fucking awsome.

• I've been thinking: what's the most important piece to telling a good story?

Is it the characters?
    Plot?
    Dialogue?
    Conflict?

• Been in Canada the last couple of days celebrating my 20th birthday. My parents and I went to Toronto yesterday and went to the Yankees vs. Blue Jays game (Yanks lost 4-0), and today, we saw Niagara Falls.

The American Falls from the Canadian side

enter image description here

Horseshoe Falls from below.

Rainbow

Horseshoe Falls from the side.

• Nice pictures! Canada sounds like a pretty interesting location for your 20th birthday; was there any one reason you chose Canada in particular, or did you just want to travel somewhere out of the states in general?

Been in Canada the last couple of days celebrating my 20th birthday. My parents and I went to Toronto yesterday and went to the Yankees vs.

• By default, I would say the Plot (I guess conflict can inadvertently tie into that interchangeably), but it depends on the type of story you are writing. Some stories can benefit from being more of a low-key slow burn that focuses more on characterization than plot.

I've been thinking: what's the most important piece to telling a good story? Is it the characters? Plot? Dialogue? Conflict?

• I think the characters are what make a good story. You can have a terrible plot, but if you have good characters you can still have a good story. I can't think of a film that did well by having bad characters yet a good plot.

I've been thinking: what's the most important piece to telling a good story? Is it the characters? Plot? Dialogue? Conflict?

• I think Telltale Game of Throne's art style was good in concept, but it was kind of held back somewhat by their earlier engine. If they are still working on Season 2 as initially promised, I think the art style will be much better now that Telltale can make better/higher fidelity character models that look closer to real life.

People kinda gave the art style of A New Frontier flack for abandoning the comic style from Seasons 1/2, but I think an art style like that (one that blends artsy designs with realistic textures/proportions) would work a lot more to the favor of a game like Game of Thrones.

RavenSnowstorm said:
    Killing the main character in the first chapter!!!?!?? WOW NOW THAT'S HARDCORE

...as a minor teaser of what's to come, Telltale gets pretty brutal at times - especially later on into the season.

Just started playing Telltale's Game Of Thrones. Seems great by now! I just hate the graphics, they look like they're supposed to look like

• I was on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls a month or two ago. The falls are really beautiful to see in person. Hope you had a good birthday!

Been in Canada the last couple of days celebrating my 20th birthday. My parents and I went to Toronto yesterday and went to the Yankees vs.

• ...as a minor teaser of what's to come, Telltale gets pretty brutal at times - especially later on into the season.

Well, it's Game Of Thrones, I didn't come here to see rainbows and unicorns

I think Telltale Game of Throne's art style was good in concept, but it was kind of held back somewhat by their earlier engine. If they are

• I agree. The first movie I can think of with good characters and a bad plot is many of the James Bond movies.

I think the characters are what make a good story. You can have a terrible plot, but if you have good characters you can still have a good story. I can't think of a film that did well by having bad characters yet a good plot.

• It definitely depends on what type of plot it is. If it's more action like Star Wars or many of the Marvel & DC movies, you need good characters and conflict to make the plot seem good.

By default, I would say the Plot (I guess conflict can inadvertently tie into that interchangeably), but it depends on the type of story you

• edited August 2017

I finished playing Dead Space. One of the greatest survival horror games ever existed. The atmosphere was terrifying, the monsters are well designed, the ending scarred the shit out of me but I know that Isaac is alive in Dead Space 2. It felt like I was playing Resident Evil in SPACE.
    Too bad that stupid Dead Space 3 ruined the franchise. It's a copy of Resident Evil 6.
    My complaints about it is that it was a bit repetitive, Isaac is speechless protagonist cliche and I couldn't care much for the characters.

I got so lucky to play 2 video games that I didn't get a chance to before the 8th generation of video games.

Here is my rank of my favourite horror games:

1. Resident Evil (2002)
    2. Alien Isolation
    3. Until Dawn
    4. Outlast
    5. Dead Space

EDIT: Ok, I changed my mind. Dead Space franchise isn't actually dead. I heard that Dead Space 4 is in development hell.

• hmm I have not!

WarpSpeed posted: »

Did you join on the TWAU Season 2 news?

• lol fun to be here

welcome to hell

• I didn't, my parents did, I didn't really have a say in where we went for my birthday. If I had a say, I would have either:

1. Gone to Toronto a couple of weeks earlier to see Metallica at the Rogers Centre as an early birthday present.
    2. Travel to see the total solar eclipse on August 21st as a late birthday present. I live in New Jersey and I won't be able to truly see it from where I am, so I would have really liked to go to one of the places where you could get the best view of it. For those of you who don't know, the eclipse runs pretty much diagonally from Oregon to South Carolina, with the best spot being somewhere in Kentucky according to this map.

Any other days spent in these areas would be spent playing golf.

I don't want this comment to seem like I didn't enjoy this trip or I didn't appreciate what my parents did, of course I did and I had a lot of fun visiting this beauty of nature. And looking out from my hotel room, the lights that they turn on at night makes them look even cooler.

Nice pictures! Canada sounds like a pretty interesting location for your 20th birthday; was there any one reason you chose Canada in particular, or did you just want to travel somewhere out of the states in general?

• I did, thank you.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

I was on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls a month or two ago. The falls are really beautiful to see in person. Hope you had a good birthday!

• Recently, I just rewatched the movie Spiderwick Chronicles. It was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid, and it still holds up almost 10 years later. Anyone else here ever seen it?

• Canada is amazing

• Hi!! :)

Hey everybody! I'm new to this community

• I'm not a fan of survival horror, but man, I loved Dead Space, all 3 of them in fact. Everything you just said I agreed with.

Too bad that stupid Dead Space 3 ruined the franchise.

Its very common that most series tend to go bad by the 3rd installment like Walking Dead and the Alien franchise. I can make a huge list of media that go downhill by the 3rd installment.

AronDracula posted: »

I finished playing Dead Space. One of the greatest survival horror games ever existed. The atmosphere was terrifying, the monsters are well

• edited August 2017

I'm replaying through the Mass Effect trilogy for old time's sake, and while these games are great, I'm already dreading 3's ending.

Mass Effect 3 had a very exhilarating build up. You meet people, gather fleets, then unify together for a final march to war. Entire races set aside their rivalries, wars, and quarrels that are older than time itself to push forward and save all organic life. It's the most beautiful thing I had ever seen and I shit you not, I wanted to cry at the thought of everyone coming together to stop the one threat that antagonizes all of them. Then...the actual ending happened.

No spoilers for the folks here who haven't played it yet but it's widely known as one of the worst endings in gaming history for a reason: Plotholes galore. Nothing about the ending makes any sense and The Extended Cut DLC only somewhat cleared things up. I remember 14 year old me just sitting there completely confused when I finally finished it.

"What the fuck just happened?"

I hardly have any motivation to play through it at this point. I looked it up and I'll have to download that DLC (it's free thankfully) and grind just to get the most decent-semi-tolerable ending. Anyone else detest the game's end as well? I can't be alone here.

• I'm gonna spend this entire day eating pizza and playing Witcher 3.

• enter image description here

fallandir posted: »

I'm gonna spend this entire day eating pizza and playing Witcher 3.

• I didn't really have a say in where we went for my birthday

Thats sad, and not what birthday celebrations should be.

You had fun at the end of the day so thats good but a trip like that with my parents when I was 20 wouldn't have been my idea of a good birthday.

I didn't, my parents did, I didn't really have a say in where we went for my birthday. If I had a say, I would have either: * Gone to T

• I love fantastical shiiit

Recently, I just rewatched the movie Spiderwick Chronicles. It was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid, and it still holds up almost 10 years later. Anyone else here ever seen it?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.