The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited August 2017

I was just watching someone play Pokemon, and a character said to them "Here, I've got something for you. Have some Great Balls!"

I thought it was a kid's game... O_O

• I found out yesterday that one of my classmates from school (who used to bully me), became a drug addict and got fat. It's a shame cause he actually turned around and became a pretty nice guy in the last couple years of highschool.

• I love it when an assholes life gets ruined :joy: call me a psycho but there is no better feeling

lupinb0y posted: »

I found out yesterday that one of my classmates from school (who used to bully me), became a drug addict and got fat. It's a shame cause he actually turned around and became a pretty nice guy in the last couple years of highschool.

• My usual browser isn't working so I'm using Internet Explorer. That feels weird.

• If he had remained an asshole I wouldn't feel bad, but he did redeem himself the last couple years I went to school with him so I do feel a bit bad.

Melton23 posted: »

I love it when an assholes life gets ruined call me a psycho but there is no better feeling

• That's always a strange feeling. Guy I knew in school got life for first degree murder a few years ago, it was a bit surreal.

Got on Facebook and discovered that a girl that I went to school with got arrested for attempted robbery, attempted murder, and sexual assault. Her and two guys jumped some 40 year old lady. Boy, time sure does fly!

• When I'm down and feeling like I'm not doing so great in life. All I've gotta do is remember how fucked up some of the people I went to school with are now and I know I'm actually doing pretty good :)

• So hyped for Shadow Of War then they ruined it with microtransactions on the single player campaign

Now going be a repetitive grind fest to make you pay for them

• edited August 2017

I feel bad when see them doing bad.

I seen a girl who had biggest crush on me in school I turned her down so went for junkie dude

They have few kids now and walked past first time seen her in years she looked miserable.
    She deserved better

Life is hard enough I wish them happiness sad when see such great.wasted potential

When I'm down and feeling like I'm not doing so great in life. All I've gotta do is remember how fucked up some of the people I went to school with are now and I know I'm actually doing pretty good

• Gotta love when people you used to see here and there are now getting married, having kids, or are sentenced to a lifetime in prison.

Got on Facebook and discovered that a girl that I went to school with got arrested for attempted robbery, attempted murder, and sexual assault. Her and two guys jumped some 40 year old lady. Boy, time sure does fly!

• microtransactions don't mean a bad game, it's just a bad quality in a game that shouldn't be there.

plus jim sterling isn't exactly a trustworthy source of game criticism imo.

Markd4547 posted: »

So hyped for Shadow Of War then they ruined it with microtransactions on the single player campaign Now going be a repetitive grind fest to make you pay for them

• Angry Joe disagrees with you @ClemyClooAndBabyboo he says it could be bad news for the game.

microtransactions don't mean a bad game, it's just a bad quality in a game that shouldn't be there. plus jim sterling isn't exactly a trustworthy source of game criticism imo.

• HiroVoidHiroVoid Moderator
    edited August 2017

I guess it's best to wait until after release to see what impressions there are on how required the microtransactions are.

Markd4547 posted: »

So hyped for Shadow Of War then they ruined it with microtransactions on the single player campaign Now going be a repetitive grind fest to make you pay for them

• angry joe likes suicide squad and thinks a hefty majority of the critics are completely wrong, so his word is far less trustworthy than jim's.

strwar3 posted: »

Angry Joe disagrees with you @ClemyClooAndBabyboo he says it could be bad news for the game.

• I agree. Micro-transaction don't mean death like they used to. I think the sting of the word is now worse than it's effect.

I've played games where they don't even matter.

For instance, I've been playing ESO, an MMO which lives on MTs, and unless you want to buy more than one house and want a mount better than a horse, they're pretty pointless. Sure they get you more stuff and level you up faster, but you don't enjoy the game any more(almost all enemies level with you).

I think MTs are fine when they provide more for people whom are REALLY into the game, but don't take away from those whom are just casual players. Here's something that's rarely brought up: Micro-transactions tend to increase the life of a game. Games with DLC and MTs(which most apparently hate) get far more developer support than those without. Publishers or their parent companies will keep paying them to work on the game rather than completely move on.

There is definitely a correlation between the two. Think of how much support games got before MTs, DLC , season pass, pay-to-play were things? Very little. In fact, some games launched broken and stayed broken.

HiroVoid posted: »

I guess it's best to wait until after release to see what impressions there are on how required the microtransactions are.

• It's funny that Frank Beard is the only one to not have a beard in ZZ Top.

• edited August 2017

Just realized something: when you listen to Beauty's voice from Wolf Among Us, it sounds EXACTLY like teenage Clementine from ANF.

And yes, I'm aware Melissa Hutchison voices them both.

• I'm finally gonna play the new Batman tomorrow. Sooo excited! Is it actually good?

• Does anyone know how you keep Gabe & Kate alive at the end of New Frontier? I know people were discussing the possibilities of what caused you to get what ending shortly after the season ended, but I'm curious if someone figured it out. I'd love to have an alternate save with both of them alive for season 4.

• Well it's caused a sudden surge of positivity on the forum after months of shit talking so take that what you will. Also yes it's great. I really like it :P

I'm finally gonna play the new Batman tomorrow. Sooo excited! Is it actually good?

• I've started playing Kingdom Hearts for the first time.

• It's the best game you're ever going to play:)

TheFurryOne posted: »

I've started playing Kingdom Hearts for the first time.

• Go with Kate but have Clem go after Gabe.

• I finished watching Death Note over an hour ago...

I feel weird, i cried and I hate myself for it. Maybe it was just the feeling that the way I interpreted one part made me sad or I overthinked it making it seem sad. When the credits rolled I was a mess.

So if you're an emotional wreck like me I totally recommend it. Honestly 10/10 now I need another anime to fill the void in my soul.

• I'm glad as fuck summer's almost over.

• I'm 50% not because my last high school year is coming.

I'm glad as fuck summer's almost over.

• That's one of the main reasons why I'm glad it's almost over, haha. I way prefer school over the shithole I call "home".

AronDracula posted: »

I'm 50% not because my last high school year is coming.

• enter image description here

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

Just realized something: when you listen to Beauty's voice from Wolf Among Us, it sounds EXACTLY like teenage Clementine from ANF. And yes, I'm aware Melissa Hutchison voices them both.

• I'm probably going to be in the middle for A VERY LONG TIME.

• Every time I see "I've played every Telltale game", I want to ask them which episode of Bone they preferred.

I preferred the first one, but I love cows, so it was hard.

• edited August 2017

Hearing the exact moment the morning birdsong starts (Roughly 5:05am) became one of the most beautiful things I have ever experienced.

• It's my 28th birthday today, and I managed to avoid drowning in a frozen lake since last year.

Props to those who understands the reference/joke.

• Telltale only made games for the first 2 bone arcs. Which is super lame, since the series doesn't kick into gear until the later ones.

Johro posted: »

Every time I see "I've played every Telltale game", I want to ask them which episode of Bone they preferred. I preferred the first one, but I love cows, so it was hard.

• Nice to see I am not the only one who cried. Amazing series. I also cried a bit during the death of Light's ...you know who.

Are you new to anime or?

I finished watching Death Note over an hour ago... I feel weird, i cried and I hate myself for it. Maybe it was just the feeling that the

• :(

RichWalk23 posted: »

It's my 28th birthday today, and I managed to avoid drowning in a frozen lake since last year. Props to those who understands the reference/joke.

• Thanks. My web money service apparently said "fuck you" and it looks like I'll have to wait for tomorrow :/ But I'm still glad it's worth it.

Well it's caused a sudden surge of positivity on the forum after months of shit talking so take that what you will. Also yes it's great. I really like it :P

• That means you failed to become a merman. Happy birthday ya regular human you!

RichWalk23 posted: »

It's my 28th birthday today, and I managed to avoid drowning in a frozen lake since last year. Props to those who understands the reference/joke.

• Yeah I've never really watched any properly before, but I always wanted to watch Death Note one day. My friend recommend One-Punch Man to me, Do you know if it's any good?.

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

Nice to see I am not the only one who cried. Amazing series. I also cried a bit during the death of Light's ...you know who. Are you new to anime or?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.