The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I thought Batman Begins was a good movie, but definitely the weakest in the trilogy.

AronDracula posted: »

I watched Batman Begins. Watching The Dark Knight before this was a big mistake in my opinion. I used to be noob Batman fan back then. I'

• Yeah, what I hated the most about this movies is the editing of the Batman fight scenes, so poorly done. I don't remember it being so weak in The Dark Knight.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

I thought Batman Begins was a good movie, but definitely the weakest in the trilogy.

• 21-3.

And he ran away like a bitch from Diaz. Actually jogging away.

Tolispro posted: »

49-1

• I don't remember it being so weak in The Dark Knight.

I don't think The Dark Knight had many fight scenes like the other two.

Yeah, what I hated the most about this movies is the editing of the Batman fight scenes, so poorly done. I don't remember it being so weak in The Dark Knight.

• Oh yeah, forgot to post this.

• edited August 2017

Hey, to be honest, I like this side of the fans as well. The super analytical ones. The ones that notice things you wouldn't notice until your second or third run-through.

I had a lot of fun delving into what crazy theories, details, and hidden meanings of various events that fans happened to see in the first season. I'm pretty excited to come back to that vibe now and see what else people find in this new prequel.

I can't even tell you if I liked it! I think... I think I *loved it?* Wow, this analysis really gave me a different perspective in the st

• Hello (again), Friend.

• Excited! :D

AChicken posted: »

Hello (again), Friend.

• So, what I'd miss?

• Y'know, I was planning on watching this show when I go back to school before this season comes out. Heard some good things about it.

Hello (again), Friend.

• Hello friend

Hello friend? That's lame.

Hello (again), Friend.

• edited August 2017

Is my favourite Stephen King horror flick Pet Sematary or Christine?

I don't know!

• Saw it a couple of hours after it was released. Can't wait. My favorite show released in these past few years, and one of my favorite shows I've watched overall.

dojo32161 posted: »

Oh yeah, forgot to post this.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Have you seen the footage from Jeff Piotrowski? It looks really scary.

...Yikes! I just heard that Hurricane Harvey has been upped to a Category 4 Hurricane. Hopefully any posters around the Texas area manage to stay safe.

• what an amazing video

thanks for sharing!

I can't even tell you if I liked it! I think... I think I *loved it?* Wow, this analysis really gave me a different perspective in the st

• Tonight is the night!!! Who is going to win? McGregor or May.....whether or weather? I don't know lol Go Conor McGregor!!! 49-1!!!

• Yeah, I tried to sound cool about it, but I just couldn't find an appropriate quote for it. Ah well.
    Season 3 hype!

Hello friend Hello friend? That's lame.

• It's good, but better if you watch it knowing as little as possible. I want to say something, but I fear that I may spoil some good moments.
    It's tense, thrilling, and sometimes kind of crazy.

Y'know, I was planning on watching this show when I go back to school before this season comes out. Heard some good things about it.

• edited August 2017

I know, I was playing along too. Elliot says 'that's lame' after greeting the viewer. This season has been foreshadowed for quite some time, like how Game of Thrones has been hinting at the whole 'Winter is coming' arc. The v.o of the Leonard Cohen song says at the end 'Democracy is coming to the USA', from what we've seen from the trailer this season looks big in scope, so yeah pretty hyped.

Yeah, I tried to sound cool about it, but I just couldn't find an appropriate quote for it. Ah well. Season 3 hype!

• I'll try to avoid spoiling myself. :p

It's good, but better if you watch it knowing as little as possible. I want to say something, but I fear that I may spoil some good moments. It's tense, thrilling, and sometimes kind of crazy.

• Elliot says 'that's lame' after greeting the viewer.

Oh yeah, I forgot that! Now I understand what you meant! lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    No worries, It's fine.

I know, I was playing along too. Elliot says 'that's lame' after greeting the viewer. This season has been foreshadowed for quite some time,

• So Assassin's Creed and Final Fantasy XV truly are part of the same universe.

enter image description here

• edited August 2017

Anyone think it'd be a good idea to make a game hosting thread? Where users can arrange and host game matches with members of the community?

• Got tickets to NYCC on October 5th. It's my first time going to comic-con so I hope I have a good time!

• i do. i been looking for some dark souls pvp pals

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Anyone think it'd be a good idea to make a game hosting thread? Where users can arrange and host game matches with members of the community?

• edited August 2017

I watched The Dark Knight for the second time and I changed my mind, it became my third favourite comic book movie with Logan being the second and Spider-Man 2 being first.

• The Nolan trilogy has aged very well.

I watched The Dark Knight for the second time and I changed my mind, it became my third favourite comic book movie with Logan being the second and Spider-Man 2 being first.

• The Howling > An American Werewolf In London

There. I wrote it. It's just better in my opinion.

• My baby cousin keeps calling me a fucker for no reason

• edited August 2017

So there's a possibility that Bethesda is working on a Game of Thrones game.
    https://www.target.com/c/game-of-thrones/bethesda/-/N-559pjZ55t8g

If this is real, I wonder if there's any chance it might've affected TT's GoT S2.

• WTF he is standing next to Ardyn shared universe comfirmed new theory: FF15 was a simulation XD

MichaelBP posted: »

So Assassin's Creed and Final Fantasy XV truly are part of the same universe.

• Death Note Netflix review up in 2 minutes

• edited August 2017

Death Note Netflix: The fucking piece of shit movie!

Review by Joshua007

Netflix movie description: Through a devil writing pad, a teenager takes his deadly revenge on criminels BUT the police thinks he is one of them.

Prologue:
    Before we go into this review I want to talk about what my expectations were and the story's around the movie.
    When Death Note movie was in the works everyone was kinda mixed on that because anime/manga products don't translate well to cinema or just movies in general, when Netflix released the first trailer of Death Note it got major back slash from fans because:
    White washing
    Some name changes
    Coming over as a action movie instead of the crime solving drama we all knew and love
    Changes to the source material
    Movie takes place in America instead of Japan
    Being a movie instead of a TV show
    And etc I myself was also negative towards the movie and I haven't seen the original source material in a long time but I know enough to tell you that this is a abonimation on the source material so let's begin with the review (kill me this movie sucks)

SPOILERS IT NEEDS TO BE SAID WHY IT SUCKS:

This will not be a full in depth review what is wrong with every minut because that means I have to watch every second again.

First 5 minutes:
    The movie starts with some horrible music and the camera locks onto our main lead Light Turner a teenager and for those who don't know his original Japanese name is Light Yagami but I keep the hole source material for another section of the review.
    Lights motivations in the movie to use the Death Note were pretty decent in the beginning of the movie I am honest it seemed decent to me:
    His mother was killed by a a thug who escaped his crime because he bought his way out of it so this a pretty good motivation to kill this dude and feel a great urge for justice.
    He sees people getting bullied and after getting beat up himself the school does absolute nothing.
    He sees criminals get away with everything
    lives in a poor house while criminals have the money
    His girlfriend gets horny when he kills somebody... Wait that sounds wrong

Light is sitting in the courtyard of the school building and starts doing homework for the other students while watching some chear leader girls and one of them is named Mia and she smokes one time in the opening for absolute zero reason that never gets brought up again I mean seriously ''he girls form a triangle and I stand on top of it while smoking for absolute zero reason oke which I will never do again''.
    Mia notices Light and she smiles towards him it begins to rain and a book falls out of the sky next to Light named Death Note. Light our main lead grabs the Note from the ground without asking any logical questions he just puts it in his bag and runs back inside the building with all the other students.
    He encounters a bully named Kenny and gets beaten up by Kenny because he is trying to stop him. Mia who witnessed this goes to the teachers for help and the teachers find all kind of homework in Lights school bag because the first thing they do is not care about the student kinda reminds me of my own school.
    Light gets detention by the head of the school because he is working on other peoples homework to get money and this head of the school let's Kenny go free.
    In detention Light is alone and the camera sooms in one a apple for no reason and the movie starts with Light opening the Death Note.
    End of first 5 minutes pretty decent set up right?

Light learns from the devil like creator Ryuk who created the Death Note that when you have a name and a face you can kill this person by writing his/her name in the Death Note and how and when.
    His first victim is the bully Kenny and Light kills him in a brutal way that his head fly's of and blood is everywhere (PG-12 people) and all the dead in this movie are fucking brutal like there is gore everywhere and it loses it charm because they over use it to freaking much.

Light is such a fucking idiot and the actor has nothing to work with so I don't blame him for doing a poor job but fuck it Light has the Death Note for one day and he shows AT SCHOOL to Mia the girl he likes that he can kill people with the Note and even demostrating it instead of Mia being freaked out she get's so fucking horny and fucks him at his home for just knowing each other for perhaps 15 minutes and did I tell you Lights father is home to and he sleeps through it.
    If the conversation went like:
    ''Ooh Light Turner I want you to CUM inside me so much you kill people and we have hardly talked and you see demons let me fuck you NO who the fuck uses a condoom? I need you inside, I want your SEMEN so I have a meaning in life and let's do it at your home with your dad sleeping.''
    The conversations would be exact the same.
    Sometimes Light and Mia talk about killing people in public and scream it but nobody notices it because everyone is retarded and Light reads it in public.

There are other people in the movie like the detective L I just have to point out the elephant in the room in the original source material he was white but here he is black because SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIORS I don't like changing skin colour of characters that already have a visuel represenation or are said that they are white in a book or manga because when I look up the source I be confused like the people who watched the Dark Tower movie.
    In the Dark Tower movie the main lead is black but there was an actual reason in the books according to the fans why he was white and by making him black you change things YOU SHOULD NOT CHANGE! According to the book readers though.
    I have nothing against black people hell one of my first bosses at work is black and he is amazing to be around with I mean it he is a good person but this choice of the movie makers seems so random to me the only positive thing I can say is that the actor ties to do what he can with the script and I notice that he really tries to make his character work but with a bad script you can't do that.

The movie goes so fucking fast that it is hard to keep up with everything but I must be glad with that because the movie is 90 minutes long but it took me 3 hours because I was so fucking bored out of my mind.
    The movie is so dark and I mean there are no lights because the movie has no light effects or colours when the sun shines there is no sun there is a giant misake called this movie, when it's night and half of the movie is in the night people forgot to turn on the light and sometimes you can actually see shit in a room WHERE THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE NO LIGHT.
    When there is CGI it's bad like the devil creature Ryuk but to be honest he is the best part of the movie he plays his role well and the actor seems to enjoy what he does and he is faithfull to the source even though he is kinda different but he is hardly used.
    The action scenes are average at best or are just plain dumb made I found the action scenes in the Resident Evil live action movies way better but those movies knew they were dumb action packed movies this movie has no idea what it wants to be one second it tries to be smart detective style movie or it is a teenage drama, what is justice and more this movie has no identity and I don't know really what the theme's are of the movie.
    All the clothes people wear are mostly either:
    1. Black suits
    2. Grey clothes
    3. black shirts
    4. or white stuff (not Lights cum on Mia but she has more a obsession with Light than actual love)
    I thought to myself is this AC Unity rival and for everyone who knows me I consider Unity the worst written piece of shit ever made by a human being but that would go to far but for everyone who knows me that is a prestation.
    There are also inconsistency between cuts to scenes for example when Mia is calling Light on the phone because Detective L worlds greatest detective annouces that he is after Kira (Kira is the fake name from Light to hide his true name) he annouces this on television while hiding his name and face but still standing in open public so Kira fanboys could perhaps shoot him. L is standing in day light but when the camera goes to Mia the scene is taking place in the night and the camera goes to Lightnext and he has day light while watching L on television so eh I m confused because the light structure is really different.
    Watching the scene again right now and I more confused because first it seems like there is day light shinning in Mia's scene but when the camera changes it's not.

Put the movie on pause 40:27 and I thought I saw a camera in the mirror at the right side of the screen.
    There are windows in buildings which you should look outside but can't.
    When Light finds out about L he walks towards his father while staying in the shadows for no reason really.
    When L finds out who Kira is he meets Light in a cafe and does the dumbest thing ever by revealing Light his face while believing Light can kill people by seeing there name and face (the paper and salt is placed over the table by shitty cuts it makes no sense I think the director did that on purpose so he could fuck with my brain).

The last half hour is a action packed drama and I was rooting for L to kill Light Turner and end this movie and when he had Light at gun point and suddenly the movie directior grabs a piece of shit and smashes it on L head to keep the movie going (also to bring me at the point to think what was the point of life).
    There is also a use of slow motion in the scenes.
    See the last part of the movie is such a clusterfuck now because Mia wants the Note book for herself, L shows everyone his face while not trusting anyone OMFG if I had to tell what is wrong with it I would be going on for a few pages so I skip to the ending and I watched the ending and I had no idea what it was, was it a closed ending or a open ending and there are so many things left open because they hope to make a sequel but this movie is shit.

If you have not read everything why this movie is shit here is a list:
    1. Script
    2. Characters
    3. Settings
    4. light effects
    5. Music
    6. 90 minutes run time
    7. No theme
    8. No identity
    9. garabage music choices
    10. There is soundtrack but you don't hear it if you don't look for it and when I heard it it was shit
    11. Inconsistent cuts
    12. Some scenes don't have ending like I don't know why the did that it is hard to explain
    13. Social Justice Warrior grab
    14. Meh CGI
    15. Bad fast paced
    16. Bad camera
    17. Bad ending
    18. Decent special effects
    19. Bad overused gore
    20. Doesn't follow the source material
    21. Bad casting
    22. End credits shows bloopers I thought the movie was making fun of me watching or trying to fool me there are good moments in the movie.

Inconsistent with manga/anime:

1. Light Turners original name is Light Yagami.
    2. Story took place in America and not in Japan like the original series.
    3. Light in the original material seems like a kid who can get to me any job he just looks so clean and does smart things but also looked kinda bored and how the world was from what I remember. He is everything except this in the Netflix movie.
    4. Mia's real name is Misa and she was a star in the original material who was in total love with Light and Light just used her like Joker does with Harley but without the abuse.
    5. Light wasn't poor and his mother was alive and he also had a sister.
    6. There was a Death Note eraser in the manga I believe and you can remove the name before the peron dies in the movie you need to burn the page... Why would Ryuk want you to burn a hole page a eraser is fine but eh entire page? It also has it's own rules that the user can only do that one time but that brings even more questions.
    7. If you touch the Note in the Anime you could see Ryuk but in the movie not I believe this was also so in the manga.
    8. Mia acts sometimes more like Light Yagami from the anime than Light himself and her hole character is different in the movie to
    9. Ryuk while still being the best thing of the movie was more of a comedic guy in the series in the movie he is not.
    10. L was white in the original series and didn't go in public but he is black now, goes into the public and is very emotional half way through the movie.
    11. Ryuk did not talk about the shimigami eyes.
    12. The anime had way colour it didn't need dark gray things to feel mature.

And perhaps more that I missed and you know what this is such a waste. Netflix could've made a series with each season being 13 Episodes long or so but they didn't do that and made a 90 minute long movie that tried to do so much bu cut and changed so much it is not even regoniseable from a fan point of view.
    The ideas and characters are so turned down it becomes generic, soulles and heartless and unoriginal... Ugh if you are a fan you would hate this if you are not a fan well it is still a piece of shit and I know I am all over the place with this review but this movie is a example of a terrible adaptation and just a terrible made movie but there are two positive things though.
    I thought Ryuk casting was amazing but the actor had nothing to do and L wasn't that bad he was decent in the beginning until the last 45 minutes.

I am not saying I could've done a better job but it doesn't take a genius to come up with better ideas.

• I finally finished watching The Dark Knight trilogy. The only one I enjoyed the most is The Dark Knight. I liked Bane in Dark Knight Rises but his death was so disappointing and Batman Begins wasn't that good, it was just okay. Here is my rank of the movies:

Dark Knight > Dark Knight Rises > Batman Begins

• His first victim is the bully Kenny and Light kills him in a brutal way that his head fly's of and blood is everywhere (PG-12 people) and all the dead in this movie are fucking brutal like there is gore everywhere and it loses it charm because they over use it to freaking much.

I've seen the clip of Kenny Doyle's death, and I found myself laughing at how ridiculous it looked. How does a ladder kill someone in that fashion and method?

I think the developers confused Death Note for Final Destination.

• Everyone said that it will suck and it did, what a surprise. I still don't get the point of making live action versions of anime.

• I've never watched the Howling in its full entirety. I have An American Werewolf in London, and was scarred horribly (but now I see it as a good movie). Regardless, I know both are better than An American Werewolf in Paris and the 2010 Wolfman (which had so much potential, good special effects though).

Johro posted: »

The Howling > An American Werewolf In London There. I wrote it. It's just better in my opinion.

• i actually would not be opposed to a bethesda GoT game.

MichaelBP posted: »

So there's a possibility that Bethesda is working on a Game of Thrones game. https://www.target.com/c/game-of-thrones/bethesda/-/N-559pjZ55t8g If this is real, I wonder if there's any chance it might've affected TT's GoT S2.

• I've just seen what is by far the most traumatising thing that my eyes have ever seen. I've had these guys come into my school and show pics of people with guts all over the place from knife attacks and that's nothing compared to what I have just witnessed. I need eye bleach, somebody get me some eye bleach

Sign in to comment in this discussion.