The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited August 2017

There you go, buddy!
    enter image description here

Melton23 posted: »

I've just seen what is by far the most traumatising thing that my eyes have ever seen. I've had these guys come into my school and show pics

• That would be really neat to see! I hope it doesn't interfere with Telltale's Game of Thrones game, but I don't think it would considering the two different genres.

MichaelBP posted: »

So there's a possibility that Bethesda is working on a Game of Thrones game. https://www.target.com/c/game-of-thrones/bethesda/-/N-559pjZ55t8g If this is real, I wonder if there's any chance it might've affected TT's GoT S2.

• Was it on the forums or off the forums? If it was on the forums, feel free to report it via PM to me or another moderator.

I've just seen what is by far the most traumatising thing that my eyes have ever seen. I've had these guys come into my school and show pics

• Luckily for you guys it was off the forums :joy:

Was it on the forums or off the forums? If it was on the forums, feel free to report it via PM to me or another moderator.

• Ah, gotcha. Nevertheless, sorry to hear that happened.

Here's a good sub-Reddit you can go to to get gross stuff out of your mind: https://www.reddit.com/r/Eyebleach/

Luckily for you guys it was off the forums

• Thanks, I needed that

Ah, gotcha. Nevertheless, sorry to hear that happened. Here's a good sub-Reddit you can go to to get gross stuff out of your mind: https://www.reddit.com/r/Eyebleach/

• Wow, if this is real it's going to be my most hyped game ever.

MichaelBP posted: »

So there's a possibility that Bethesda is working on a Game of Thrones game. https://www.target.com/c/game-of-thrones/bethesda/-/N-559pjZ55t8g If this is real, I wonder if there's any chance it might've affected TT's GoT S2.

• Most problems you have with this are "because its not like the manga". It was never supposed to be like the manga, the director always said it was going to be it's own thing. That aside, it still sucked anyway.

• edited August 2017

I just finished Persona 3 FES and it's probably my favorite Persona game so far. My rank of the Persona games I played:

1-P3FES
    2-P5
    3-P4G

Now I plan to play the fighting games, hopefully they're good.

• Just found out about the Battlefield Revive project and got around to playing my childhood FPS Battlefield 2142. Granted there's only like 3 servers online (although they're all still full of players) and graphically the game is a bit dated (though I'd argue the game still holds up gameplay wise), but Titan mode is still amazing to play and classic battlefield before they took too many pages out of Call of Duty is always a plus.

Here's the link if you want to try it out for free

• it's time to let it die

• Thank God, I'm going back to school tomorrow.

• A pilot in Battlefield 1 jumped out of his plane and right on to my grenade today earlier today lol

The gif of it: http://imgur.com/kAn69d2

• i think i just found the most optimistic person in the planet

"This ending is the best one they could have pulled off" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

• Tomorrow? September didn't even start.

Thank God, I'm going back to school tomorrow.

• edited August 2017

Where I live (which is America), school starts tomorrow. And today, it's August 27th.

AronDracula posted: »

Tomorrow? September didn't even start.

• I don't see a good reason to do that. Superhero movies were always enjoyable. Marvel still keeps making great movies while DC just released one good movie since The Dark Knight.

it's time to let it die

• Superhero movies are not bad, but after a while it's been all the same story: dude gets SUPER POWAH or his family gets killed and now goes around aving the world... epic fights that are terribly boring, some hot chick in underwear, an evil alien or super villian that became evil cuz his god died thirty years ago... with the exeption of The Incredibles all superhero movies treat the same topics. I think it was hilarious how The Incredibles was about marriage and family issues ad the goverment it was so cool! I just hated how the meritocrats were the "good guys"... but that's for another moment.

Marvel and DC are just craving money. Superhero movies could make so poetic, deep and philosophical stories! I mean, not all of them, some people still like those bad acton scenes and that it totally okay! but all of them are the same now.

A superhero movie could be about meritocracy, about the meaning of life, about moral dilemas, about what it means to have powers. Am I better than others for having powers? And what if I have superstreght but my dream has always been to becoma a children books writer or a ballet dancer? What if I don't have great ambitions? What if I don't want to save the world? Does being a superhero mean I'm a slave of society? Why should I save them? I mean, i didn't ask for this, right? But I am the only one that can do it... am i being selfish if i don't want to save people? If I only want to sit down and draw cartoonish animals? Am I a bad person for letting all this happen? Because most people comfort themselves with their guilt at the horrible things in the world by telling themselves that there is nothing they can do, but I can actually do something! my guilt follows me everywhere though i never did anything bad!

And so on and on and on...

Another thing with superhero movies is that there is no connection between the character and the expectator. You don't have superpowers. You can't save the world, or fight the way they fight, you can hardly understand what they're feeling.

I want a superhero with super streght getting in the middle of a battle and having an emotional breakdown because they were so, so scared and they thought they were going to die and even with powers they're still vulnerable human beings.

Or young adult heroes. Growing up means getting a lot of power over your life you didn't have before. Superhero movies could easily be coming to age stories.

Or let's say a superhero with an useless power like listening to the conversations of the rats, but only when they're not talking to you. A superhero with depression that keeps fighting against theire own demons for society, to protect others, but they only want to die. A comedy about a superhero that decides they want to be a villian, but invoking the power of the Rainbow doesn't seem, scary enough.

Superhero movies are ok, but i want something new.

I don't see a good reason to do that. Superhero movies were always enjoyable. Marvel still keeps making great movies while DC just released one good movie since The Dark Knight.

• to be fair, with the kind of story life is strange set up, that ending is definitely the best one they could have done. that doesn't mean it's a good ending, it's a quite shit one actually, but that's what happens when your time travel story becomes so convoluted and and badly thought out that when it comes time to wrap it up, your only options for an ending are badly made ones.

i think i just found the most optimistic person in the planet "This ending is the best one they could have pulled off" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

• with the exeption of The Incredibles all superhero movies treat the same topics.

this is incorrect. there are plenty of superhero movies that DO try something new and be more than what they're expected to be. you can't just look at Marvel and DC's mediocre cinematic universes and judge the entire genre based on that.

Superhero movies are not bad, but after a while it's been all the same story: dude gets SUPER POWAH or his family gets killed and now goes a

• edited August 2017

But the airport battle from CA: Civil Way was totally new. Superheroes vs Superheroes.

Also, Logan pretty much shares the same plot with The Last of Us which wasn't like a superhero story.

Superhero movies are not bad, but after a while it's been all the same story: dude gets SUPER POWAH or his family gets killed and now goes a

• sorry, my bad. I guess I just see the most "popular" (the worst) out of the whole thing...

with the exeption of The Incredibles all superhero movies treat the same topics. this is incorrect. there are plenty of superhero mo

• When L finds out who Kira is he meets Light in a cafe and does the dumbest thing ever by revealing Light his face

Well, Light hadn't known his real name, right (in the movie)?

• edited August 2017

Thanks to this thread I started to play and watch life is strange, I'm on episode 4 now and it's one of the best games I have ever played, so beautiful, curious about what's gonna happen at the end of episode 5 so I'll try not to read spoilers here...
    Yes I know I'm 2 years later lol anyway thank you guys so much without you I wouldn't have found this game.

Sorry if I wrote something wrong.

to be fair, with the kind of story life is strange set up, that ending is definitely the best one they could have done. that doesn't mean it

• glad you found a game you could enjoy, my dude!

MegaXD posted: »

Thanks to this thread I started to play and watch life is strange, I'm on episode 4 now and it's one of the best games I have ever played, s

• that's understandable. the garbage is the most well advertised to be honest. i can give a list of some really important and well made ones if you'd like.

sorry, my bad. I guess I just see the most "popular" (the worst) out of the whole thing...

• Have you ever heard of a movie called Unbreakable? It came out long before superhero movies were the norm. Its a much more nuanced take on the genre in my opinion. I think you may like it.

• Really? I don't go back until September 7th.

Where I live (which is America), school starts tomorrow. And today, it's August 27th.

• edited August 2017

It varies by area. My school started last week.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I graduated. I guess that isn't really "my" school anymore.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

Really? I don't go back until September 7th.

• edited August 2017

I know some states down south started school last week.

I'm from NYC and school starts on the 7th.

It varies by area. My school started last week. EDIT: Oh yeah, I graduated. I guess that isn't really "my" school anymore.

• FINALLY!!! I got the copy of Uncharted The Lost Legacy. I ordered it and asshole took him 5 days to come. I would have been less spoiled if he came sooner.

• I started an odd run. I'm watching 1 Howling movie a night(There's 8 in the franchise now. Even more share the title). It's a very weird "franchise" as only the first two films are related in any way beside having werewolves(and that relation feels very tacked on and unnecessary).

Anywho, I'm on Howling III: The Marsupials. Hard to judge this one because it holds a special place in my heart as it's the first werewolf movie I saw. Being PG-13, it was allowed to be aired at a reasonable time for a kid back when we only had basic cable.

I have only seen the first 3 before, so the next 5 days should be interesting. Considering number 5 is the highest rated sequel and number 6 is the lowest, I don't know what I'm in for. I have learned to take low imdb ratings with a grain of salt when it comes to 1's, but this doesn't seem like it will be one of those "cool to hate" movies. We'll see.

• Lol it's not the guy who's delivering the game's fault, it's normally some sort of delay due to a bunch k reasons. I ordered the sims 4 and it took a whole month to be delivered, so I can kinda understand why you're pissed :joy:

FINALLY!!! I got the copy of Uncharted The Lost Legacy. I ordered it and asshole took him 5 days to come. I would have been less spoiled if he came sooner.

• enter image description here

Why PSN store more expensive then game stores

I just bought Uncharted lost legacy and Nier for combined 60 euro in my local shop

On PSN digital download would of cost me 100 euro combined

No transport charges or shop getting a cut of the profit plus digital game they own it more like renting so can't trade game in when completed for money back or get refund

Guaranteed 100% of profit for less work and more ownership and control over physical game. Every reason for digital to be much cheaper

So why would the PSN store be more expensive most of the time it's crazy

• Cos it's quicker to buy games???

Markd4547 posted: »

Why PSN store more expensive then game stores I just bought Uncharted lost legacy and Nier for combined 60 euro in my local shop On PS

• Nope if have bad internet could take over 10 hours before can even play the game

Physical copy can play straight away

One of the advantages

Cos it's quicker to buy games???

• I guess. That reminded me that there's a new GTA dlc tomorrow, time to make my broke ass some dollars

Markd4547 posted: »

Nope if have bad internet could take over 10 hours before can even play the game Physical copy can play straight away One of the advantages

• I've been hauling ass trying to money. Once I sell my stock from my Gunnrunning business, I'll have at least 3.3 million. Hopefully that will be enough to get a hanger and a good aircraft.

I guess. That reminded me that there's a new GTA dlc tomorrow, time to make my broke ass some dollars

• I've been trying to play rockstar legit for the 3 1/2 years I've been playing it so I've just been taking advantage of the double money stuff, especially import/export. I found a way to unlock 2 research items at a time though, that isn't that bad right? :p

I've been hauling ass trying to money. Once I sell my stock from my Gunnrunning business, I'll have at least 3.3 million. Hopefully that will be enough to get a hanger and a good aircraft.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.