The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• That is your voice? I was expecting you to sound younger.

this is a video i've been working on for 6 trillion years. it came out kinda shit but it's not as bad as the original version of it. video preview won't show up fucking goooooooooooood it's a review for spider-boi

• WHY ARE YOU SPEAKING IN ONLY ONE OF MY EARS

this is a video i've been working on for 6 trillion years. it came out kinda shit but it's not as bad as the original version of it. video preview won't show up fucking goooooooooooood it's a review for spider-boi

• I can't wait for Got Season 2 on telltale!!! It's gonna come maybe after next year's Game Of Thrones final season. But,God man that's like 4 years the same shit we had to wait for The Wolf Among Us season 2 for next year. Still I can't wait!!!

• yeah, not sure about that. i spent 2 hours trying to fix that issue and i was still completely stumped. audio editing for this was a fucking nightmare.

WHY ARE YOU SPEAKING IN ONLY ONE OF MY EARS

• i'm surprised anyone doesn't think i sound like i'm 4.

AronDracula posted: »

That is your voice? I was expecting you to sound younger.

• edited August 2017

hey it's cool, I liked the review and i love ur voice, if only it came out in both of my ears

yeah, not sure about that. i spent 2 hours trying to fix that issue and i was still completely stumped. audio editing for this was a fucking nightmare.

• When somebody tries to flirt/hit on you and you just don't care or notice:
    enter image description here

• thanks, i appreciate that. i'll see what i can do about the audio for my next video.

hey it's cool, I liked the review and i love ur voice, if only it came out in both of my ears

• Becky... Lemme smash

Lilacsbloom posted: »

When somebody tries to flirt/hit on you and you just don't care or notice:

• Great review! I agree with your points and your speech sounds really natural. It doesn't feel scripted and you don't stumble on your words which is great.

But that audio tho, and you should probably put say spoilers in the title or something.

• Spent today and yesterday touring around an Amish town as part of a family bus charter business. Nice quaint little place, Amish have some good food and beards lol

• Great review! I agree with your points and your speech sounds really natural. It doesn't feel scripted and you don't stumble on your words which is great.

i appreciate it! although i wouldn't say i don't stumble, i spent a lot of time cutting speech errors out and such.

But that audio tho

yeah, couple of my friends on my discord server mentioned that too. audio editing is really fuckin hard, especially when you only have a 10 year old RCA mic and a free audio recording program. working with what i got here.

and you should probably put say spoilers in the title or something.

maybe, do i mention anything spoilery before i get to the spoilers portion of the review? just curious.

lupinb0y posted: »

Great review! I agree with your points and your speech sounds really natural. It doesn't feel scripted and you don't stumble on your words which is great. But that audio tho, and you should probably put say spoilers in the title or something.

• edited August 2017

Eeehh... well I've been trying on an off, but all in all, probably around only a few months... :/
    I find it hard to keep motivated sometimes so I'll go through periods where I won't play it for a while.

I actually really wanted to learn keyboard first, but then I got a guitar.
    I've come to appreciate it and so I've decided to just stick with it for now...

Maybe this is a dumb question, but does knowing one instrument make it easier to pick up any other instrument, or only of the same type?
    For example; if you learn guitar, can that make it easier to learn, say a wind instrument, or only another string instrument?

Wow, I never heard of this MuseScore thing! I'm going to try it. Thank you! I've been playing guitar for around two or three years by now, and violin for a little more than a year. How long have you been playing guitar?

• So... My friend's girlfriend lost her cellphone. She was frantically searching for it for hours(3) before eventually finding it... In her bra... That she was wearing.

Yup. That happened.

• She's only about 5 feet tall and average build. Losing things in there shouldn't be a problem.

Johro posted: »

So... My friend's girlfriend lost her cellphone. She was frantically searching for it for hours(3) before eventually finding it... In her bra... That she was wearing. Yup. That happened.

• enter image description here

So... My friend's girlfriend lost her cellphone. She was frantically searching for it for hours(3) before eventually finding it... In her bra... That she was wearing. Yup. That happened.

• edited August 2017

Saw Guns N Roses again tonight. We got lucky. Axl had a good night.
    Great show. 32 songs(incl. Estranged and Coma which both are 10min songs)... with some James Brown.

It was much better than the 2006 show. Plus Slash and Duff were there.

• I thought the first thing to do when you lose a cellphone is ask someone to dial it, and see if you hear ringing anywhere. That should have been pretty apparent if she had tried that.

• edited August 2017

Ok so guys... I need some help for this story

Let's say there are these two girls in love (cuz i'm the cheesiest piece of trash ever) and threy're in a relationship and happy and all. One of them was raised in a very conservative family and feels guilty every now and then cuz "gay = sin" bullshit ruined her life but now it's getting better. The other one is kind of a witch (nothing to do with actual witchcraft but it's easier than explaining the whole thing) but it's not like the powers can be controlled. It's like, they come whenever they want (she can force them sometimes but it damages her). She can't stop them. They don't hurt anyone and they're not even noticeable but still (it's kinda like reading minds).

So she tells her girlfriend, and the girlfriend like, came from a family of "Witch Hunters" (kinda) and she's horrified and so scared and betrayed she goes into bitch mode and scream at her girlfriend that she's been lying and using her all along, that she's leading her into sin and that loving her was the worst mistake she ever did. None of this is true, though. And the mind-reader hates to fight and still loves her and just says that she sounds a lot like her mother (which is a terrible thing to say). They go to their respective homes and cry themselves to sleep.

About a week later, the religious one goes to her ex-girlfriend's house and apologizes and cries and tells her all the shit her family is involved into and explain why she reacted to badly. She apologized but doesn't expect or want to be forgiven, she knows that she doesn't deserve it.

And the girlfriend, the sweetest cinnamon roll in the world, forgives her and tells her she understands.

And now, they broke up, but they still love each other. The religious one still loves the mind-reader with all her heart and wants to be with her again, even though she know she doesn't deserve it and it's not her the one that, if the relationship is ever going to heal, is going to come back. She doesn't want to force the other one. She will protect her from everything, though, by sabotage and spying and shit.

The other one, while still loves her ex, is still hurt by her words. She loves her, but she doesn't know if she's ready to come back with her. And her BFF finding out that two of the religious girl's siblings are spying on them and want to capture her for some reason, even though they shouldn't be able to know she has powers, and it's their parents the dangerous ones and they're clueless, and the youngest, 11 yars old sister has just been found dead after a month of being missing by the mind-reader and left in the doors of the family's house (to avod problems) only makes things more complex.

Ok, you follow me? nice.

Cuz the story REALLY needs them to get back together, to trust each other like they trusted each other before. It's VERY IMPORTANT for them to be a happy couple again, even if it takes time. They already know each other secret's but the scars hasn't healed yet in one, and the other know that she'll always feel guilty, or at least for a long time. Plus, the grief of loosing her little sister has hit her hard.

Still follow me? okay

How do i get them together again?

• i feel you bro

Lilacsbloom posted: »

When somebody tries to flirt/hit on you and you just don't care or notice:

• That's not a dumb question at all! There is no dumb question! Well, learning a easy string instrument helps you a lot with learning a more difficult string instrument. Guitar is one of the easiest instruments to play and Violin is one of the hardest one. It makes your fingers strong and callous (insert dirty joke here) and while it has many uses ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) like, you know, holding a hot cup of coffe without feeling any pain or just stabbing yourself with a nail or something accidentally and be "meh", it makes learning any string instrument a lot easier. If I want to learn cello, first i need to learn guitar, then violin, then maybe piano, and then cello.

Now, let me explain: most instruments work with notes on a music sheet. The guitar and the piano, while can easily ("easily") be played that way, it's a lot more easy and basic to start with chords. I assume you already know the chords, Em and C and G and Am and all that shit. The help you a lot of you want to lear piano later. The chords in guitar and piano, while are formed and played differently and sounds doifferent cuz, different instruments, sounds basically the same. Or very similar. I'd say there is no order with these two instruments: to learn guitar, learning piano first will help you, and to learn piano, learning guitar first will help you.

Playing an instrument first help you with your imagination and creativity. You can try creatng new chords if you want! I "invented" this one that is like Dm but instead of the first, second and third strings, it's in the fourht, fifth and sixth strings. It sounds beautiful combined with Em.

It trains your ear, it makes you more sensible to small variations of notes. In the guitar, you have frets to guide your fingers, but the violin, for example, doesn't have them. Most people draw little points in the places you need to place your fingers and the smalles desviatio ruins (or makes!) the whole thing.

And don't get me started in reading music! I've been using TABs for a long time now, and I don't know how I would have been able to learn the most basic parts in reading music sheets without learning TABs first.

When I started learning violin, the teacher was impressed by how loud I played and with the streght I used to hold the strings, my speed and my sensibility with the variations and how used I would get to a note to realize instantly the small milimeter that I pressed in the wrong place. I don't think I would have gotten so good in just a year (i'm not THAT good, but I get better fast)

Learning any instrument helps you learn music in general, and it approaches you from a different perspective when you try to play something new.

Listening to the kind of music you want to play is also good. Try playing the song, even if it sounds terrible. Look up some TABs in the internet to train yourself when you feel like it.

I know this is pretty vage but I tell you, if you want to learn the keyboard, great, but guitar will make it easier.

hope this helps

Eeehh... well I've been trying on an off, but all in all, probably around only a few months... I find it hard to keep motivated sometimes

• edited August 2017

And her BFF finding out that two of the religious girl's siblings are spying on them and want to capture her for some reason, even though they shouldn't be able to know she has powers, and it's their parents the dangerous ones and they're clueless, and the youngest, 11 yars old sister has just been found dead after a month of being missing by the mind-reader and left in the doors of the family's house (to avod problems) only makes things more complex.

Would be mind clarifying what you meant by these points? It's kinda hard to understand.

Why do religious girls siblings want to kidnap witch girl? Did you mean to say that religious girl's parents are dangerous but clueless? What do you mean by "after a month of being missing by the mind reader"?

• edited August 2017

kasdhakjfhklsjdkl shhhhh people are not supposed to know it's a fanfic earase this plzzz or just, idk, use a "secret code" or some shit,.

I know anyone can see it's a fanfic but it's still not suposed to be this obvious cuz, if anyone is intersted, ya know, spoilers.

Why do ****'s siblings want to kidnap ***? Did you mean to say that ****'s parents are dangerous but clueless? What do you mean by "after a month of being missing by the mind reader"?

It's a complex thing. It's an AU, like, a very big AU, but I'm miraculous making it feel good, like, it feels like it has quality, even though AUs tend to feel very weird.

I basically give, y'know, HER family a different role in the story, similar to, y'know, the OTHER "evil" family in the original story, but this is supposed to be very mysterious and confusing and complex. They know shit, but they're still kinda clueless about this shit, they want to know more and, even with their little knowladge, they want to take party. However, the siblings are also into a different kind of dark shit, just like ****, but **** is more working under treats and fear, she just wants to protect her loved ones and get the fuck away from this shit, while her siblings are trying to achieve another goal, they want, y'know, *** to feel alone and betrayed so they're trying to get her BFF to hand her in. Of course she refuses profusely, and decides to ask **** what the fuck are they doing. She didn't know they were stalking them until ***'s BFF told her, and she was very pissed with the, but giving away that she knew what they were doing could put her in danger.

Anyways, that's not important, what I want to know is how do i solve a romantic conflict. I said everything else to give context and see if I could get better help. Uh, di you have any advice? I've never been in a relationship (I'm not capacited to write a love story and that's probably the only mistake I'm purporsely overlooking while writing this story) and I don't know how to solve something so severe.

And her BFF finding out that two of the religious girl's siblings are spying on them and want to capture her for some reason, even though th

• Lol sorry. Changed it :P

kasdhakjfhklsjdkl shhhhh people are not supposed to know it's a fanfic earase this plzzz or just, idk, use a "secret code" or some shit,.

• thank you!

Lol sorry. Changed it :P

• I don't know if you've noticed, but this girl isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.

WarpSpeed posted: »

I thought the first thing to do when you lose a cellphone is ask someone to dial it, and see if you hear ringing anywhere. That should have been pretty apparent if she had tried that.

• edited August 2017

Well tragedy tends to bring people together. So how about maybe pushing the death of so and so's sister a little bit further back to allow religious girl and witch girls break up to take effect. Let the readers go through how much of a big change it is then when it seems like their issues could never be resolved, kill the little sister. Religious girl is in denial but becomes a shut in. Ignoring everyone including witch girl and the world around her. But she has no one to turn to so but witch girl, so she eventually confides in her. That brings them closer and they begin talking about the sister, the witches powers and their feelings and maybe let a bit of time go by (a few weeks?), then we find out they've been seeing each other everyday, and to the characters it feels like they're back together but not completely official. Religious girl has already let the unfortunate death set in but is of course still in grief and is working through it with witch girl.

Then let some more of the plot take place and then they're back together again. Don't fix their relationship too quick to make it have more impact.

This is all I can think of :P

Sorry if it's pretty much what you were going to do in the first place.

• Rami Malek, Mr. Robot star has posted on Twitter saying he may post pictures of his makeup, for the new Freddie Mercury biopic Bohemian Rhapsody.

I just had my make up, hair and costume tests as #FreddieMercury and it was overwhelmingly cool and truly unforgettable. Pics coming soon.

— Rami Malek (@ItsRamiMalek) 31 August 2017

• Thanks, this will definetly will helpful! The only problem here is that, y'know who, ****, already has people closer to her to turn to looking for emotional support, and still feels too guilty to ask for any affection from witch girl. I was thinking of Witch Girl looking for Religious Girl first, maybe after the trauma of watching a 11 years old die so horribly? But she still has someone else closer to her, her BFF, who she knows is 100% by her side with 0% chance of betrayal and was actually there with her the day they found her.

So, I need a reason why Witch Girl would try to get closer to Jesus Girl, not to get information or answers or anything, just for emotional purposes. Which, again, would be strange, since she's still hurt by Jesus Girl's words.

Jeez, this is hard. Thank you for your help!

Well tragedy tends to bring people together. So how about maybe pushing the death of so and so's sister a little bit further back to allow r

• Holy fucking shit! I totally forgot about this movie... Cant's wait for his pictures!

Rami Malek, Mr. Robot star has posted on Twitter saying he may post pictures of his makeup, for the new Freddie Mercury biopic Bohemian Rhap

• She was at a concert and it was dark. I'll grant that much... but she should have felt it and looked there as she's put it there multiple times.

I thought the first thing to do when you lose a cellphone is ask someone to dial it, and see if you hear ringing anywhere. That should have been pretty apparent if she had tried that.

• One of the disadvantages of fanfics is that you're often limited in what you can do. If these were just random characters, you could do anything you wanted. But then you also wouldn't get the audience looking for fanfics.

What forces characters to do things is danger. If one sees the other in some sort of danger and reacts to save her, or if they both fall into some sort of bad situation where they have to work together to get out of it, that can lead to other things.

Thanks, this will definetly will helpful! The only problem here is that, y'know who, ****, already has people closer to her to turn to looki

• Maybe try putting them into a situation where they're forced to be together? Or have religious girls siblings harass witch girl and threaten her in front of religious girl and she puts a stop to it. Religious girl after defusing the situation tries to walk away but witch girl grabs her hand or something and manages to convince her to stay and talk. Then they go through the motions of resolving their issues and so on and so forth.

Thanks, this will definetly will helpful! The only problem here is that, y'know who, ****, already has people closer to her to turn to looki

• Needful Things is underrated.

• Ooh okay, I kinda thought that but I asked anyway...

Aaaand nope, I haven't learned a single chord, just a couple of really simple, basic, short songs. :yum:

Most people draw little points in the places you need to place your fingers and the smalles desviatio ruins (or makes!) the whole thing.

I had to read that line, like 20 times to figure out what you were trying to say.
    At first I thought it must be some italian term to do with violins or something... (Stupid me. XD )

You seem really passionate about music and I appreciate that you took the time to teach me a little more about it.
    I don't take lessons and I don't know many people so I don't usually talk about it to anyone.

Thank you for your inspiration. ^_^

That's not a dumb question at all! There is no dumb question! Well, learning a easy string instrument helps you a lot with learning a more d

• I have a pretty bad Thursday and Friday. Thursday was my first day back at school and I have only realised how hard these next 2 years are going to be. Alongside that I received hate messages from people I know from school on an anonymous website

• edited September 2017

I start school on Tuesday and I'm kinda super excited to go back :3 sorry about the hate messages thing btw, that sucks :(

I have a pretty bad Thursday and Friday. Thursday was my first day back at school and I have only realised how hard these next 2 years are going to be. Alongside that I received hate messages from people I know from school on an anonymous website

• Now this is what I'm talking about! Thank you!

One of the disadvantages of fanfics is that you're often limited in what you can do. If these were just random characters, you could do any

• This is better, thank you!

Maybe try putting them into a situation where they're forced to be together? Or have religious girls siblings harass witch girl and threaten

Sign in to comment in this discussion.