The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I fucking love these guys... Happy birthday Witcher!

• Aye, they do look a lot like Schutzstaffel's S-letters and that's the main reason why countries like Germany and Israel banned Kiss' original logo, since Nazi symbols are outlawed there.

Here's the logo that they use in countries that outlaw all Nazi symbolism:
    enter image description here

Is it just me or do the S's in KISS look like the S's of the SS? I can't be the only person to realize that (although the fact that I realized it only now is pretty dumb).

• KISS are Nazi's confirmed.

Is it just me or do the S's in KISS look like the S's of the SS? I can't be the only person to realize that (although the fact that I realized it only now is pretty dumb).

• Wait what, seriously? That's fucking ridiculous, I highly doubt that when whoever came up with the logo intended for the S's to resemble the Schutzstaffel. I know Germany often gets their panties in a twist when it comes to the Nazi's, but that is just ridiculous, and I would have thought Israel, despite it being a Jewish state, would have a little more common sense than that.

Findagon posted: »

Aye, they do look a lot like Schutzstaffel's S-letters and that's the main reason why countries like Germany and Israel banned Kiss' origina

• edited September 2017

[removed]

• Starting sixth form tomorrow.

• Even though two members are Jewish. IT'S CONFIRMED PEOPLE! :)

I'd still listen to their music regardless.

KISS are Nazi's confirmed.

• I looked up some stuff, it seems they did that in 80s. Frankly, I can't really argue against that. I doubt your songs would sell well when people might associate you with Nazism.

It's a pretty cool logo for a pretty cool band.

Wait what, seriously? That's fucking ridiculous, I highly doubt that when whoever came up with the logo intended for the S's to resemble the

• When you guys look at your feed can you scroll down at all because I cant. I can only see the last 6ish replies and its shitty when I haven't been around for a while because Im obviously going to miss stuff.

• I can currently see 10 feed items, no further. This happened with the last forum software update.

When you guys look at your feed can you scroll down at all because I cant. I can only see the last 6ish replies and its shitty when I haven't been around for a while because Im obviously going to miss stuff.

• The band Sabaton has a ton of songs that deal with the Nazi's, Holocaust, and WWII and they don't get banned in Germany, but Kiss has a logo that somewhat looks like the SS, and all hell breaks loose. The idea of government imposed censorship like this is ridiculous. When Metallica played in China, the Chinese government told them what songs the band could not play, it happened to include some of their best songs like Master of Puppets (a song that deals with the controlling effects of drug use) and One (an anti-war song). Playing them would result in strict punishment.

I looked up some stuff, it seems they did that in 80s. Frankly, I can't really argue against that. I doubt your songs would sell well when people might associate you with Nazism. It's a pretty cool logo for a pretty cool band.

• Let's make sure we don't get too political (not that I disagree with ya, but the rules are the rules).

One of my favorite little stories like that is that Boney M. was told not to play Rasputin in the Soviet Union (despite being popular), but in Poland despite being told the same thing played it anyway, and the live versions were not edited out, though the replays were.

The band Sabaton has a ton of songs that deal with the Nazi's, Holocaust, and WWII and they don't get banned in Germany, but Kiss has a logo

• At least im not the only one

WarpSpeed posted: »

I can currently see 10 feed items, no further. This happened with the last forum software update.

• Anyone here ever heard of some upcoming mobile game called The Walking Dead: Our World?

The trailer, while just representing concept, seems like it'll be some Pokémon GO-esque Walking Dead game.
    Location based maybe, where you need to kill zombies instead of catching Pokémon... At least that's what I get from it.

I wasn't really into Pokémon GO when it came out (and I never caught on to this day).. But I'm a fan of the Walking Dead, and this seems like something I'd try. If it turns out well, and it is what I think it is...

What do you all think?

• edited September 2017

Oh shit me too, high five!
    Edit: nvm, just saw the date, I start on the 5th

TheFurryOne posted: »

Starting sixth form tomorrow.

• On a scale of 1 to 10, how fucked up is to have cyber sex with Cleverbot?

• Nope, it's been like that for me, for I think 2 months now.

When you guys look at your feed can you scroll down at all because I cant. I can only see the last 6ish replies and its shitty when I haven't been around for a while because Im obviously going to miss stuff.

• edited September 2017

I had the most terrifying dream last night.

I was back in secondary school. I remember seeing a few people that were actually in my class in secondary and the teacher used to teach me history but was now doing computer class for some reason.

The problem though? I had to take an exam.

A bit before the exam would start I needed to use the bathroom. I excused myself and went through the halls to look for a bathroom. I found one but it was out of service. So I had to go to the floor below to find a working bathroom. Several floors later and I finally found a working one but it was all the way at the bottom of the building. I did my business and was on my way back to class but suddenly my legs didn't function properly.

They grew tingly and numb. I could barely stand on my own two feet. I had to force myself back or I'd miss the exam! But suddenly my school became like ten stories tall and my class was all the way at the top. So I sluggishly climbed my way up to the second to last floor where I had to go up a long flight of stairs. After reaching the top, connecting the stairs to the actual floor was a rope bridge. I was suddenly hundreds if not thousands of feet in the air. I was higher than the clouds and couldn't even make out the ground.

Once I crossed the bridge I reached what I could only describe as a boarding bridge that connects an airplane to a terminal except without a roof or walls. It was really rickety and the end barely stayed connected to the floor I needed to get to. I somehow managed to limp my way across it and finally got to class. But everyone had already started on the exam. I was late! I got in and the teacher gave me a stern look and said to see him after class for my tardiness. I nodded and quietly got to my seat that was at the teachers table for some reason and got to work on my test.

But I didn't understand anything! It all looked like gibberish to me (which it was). I didn't remember learning anything of this in class. I just sat there, blankly staring at my paper. Pretending to write to make myself appear busy. The teacher even tried giving me a couple hints but I just didn't get it. Soon the exam was over and I had to hand in my test which was empty. Luckily, I suddenly became lucid and realised that this was just a dream and I could just wake up.

And so I did.

What a nightmare.

Shudders

• edited September 2017

Let's ask Cleverbot, shall we?

Cleverbot... WHY.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how fucked up is to have cyber sex with Cleverbot?

• Yeah, that was a design change to the feed around a couple weeks back. They are eventually preparing to do a larger revamp to the community section so I guess it's a placeholder design choice or something but I dunno why.

• When I try to upvote you I get directed to a blank page with true written in the corner, only with you so far. im going to try upvoting other mods and see.

Glitches are weird.

Yeah, that was a design change to the feed around a couple weeks back. They are eventually preparing to do a larger revamp to the community section so I guess it's a placeholder design choice or something but I dunno why.

• edited September 2017

So pumped to try the app after that trailer!

gg

I was actually considering giving this game a chance, but I guess that's not happening.

AChicken posted: »

Anyone here ever heard of some upcoming mobile game called The Walking Dead: Our World? The trailer, while just representing concept, se

• That happens once every often; I think it's just a server connection issue. Try refreshing the page or switching to a more reliable/strong internet connection if that happens. Usually, refreshing the page is enough to do the trick.

When I try to upvote you I get directed to a blank page with true written in the corner, only with you so far. im going to try upvoting other mods and see. Glitches are weird.

• lol. Sorry it isn't available for you.
    In what country do you reside, may I ask?

So pumped to try the app after that trailer! I was actually considering giving this game a chance, but I guess that's not happening.

• Reminds me of this

AChicken posted: »

Anyone here ever heard of some upcoming mobile game called The Walking Dead: Our World? The trailer, while just representing concept, se

• I remember seeing this a while back... good times.

And still good now!

Graysonn posted: »

Reminds me of this

• At least Evie has some standards.

• Is the political thread still up and running? I haven't seen it, so I was just wondering is still up, or did it get closed?

• It was closed; the guidelines have been updated.

Forum Guideline 1.3: Avoid posting content that is obscene, gross, violent or otherwise NSFW. Also avoid discussions of topics that lead into controversial or inflammatory discussions such as politics or religion.

Kenny/Lee posted: »

Is the political thread still up and running? I haven't seen it, so I was just wondering is still up, or did it get closed?

• edited September 2017

AI consistent as always I see. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Cocoa2736 posted: »

At least Evie has some standards.

• edited September 2017

The advanced screenings for 'mother!' Darren Aronofsky's new film have been a pretty mixed bag, a sort of love it or you hate it deal. Critics/audiences have mentioned about how controversial it is, some even saying that its the most 'controversial' and 'ambitious' film after A Clockwork Orange. Although interesting me with a mention of Kubrick, there's a high bar of expectation when people make those sorts of claims. A Clockwork Orange was known most of all for its controversial themes yes, but it had a flair of style and a overall message that still is powerful today. Will mother! have a distinct style and fundamental message? Or will it be seen as controversial for the shock value? I'm both interested and sceptical of this movie. The fact that the entire script (drafts and all) was finished in five days highly worries me, and I'm not the biggest JLaw fan either. What do you guys think? Have any of you guys been following this film?

• Can't see it either.

So pumped to try the app after that trailer! I was actually considering giving this game a chance, but I guess that's not happening.

• Today is the first day of 10th grade. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Me neither.

• can't see it :(

• lol let's ask SimSimi

dammit i won't have cyber sex with a 5 years old.

• lol let's ask SimSimi

dammit i won't have cyber sex with a 5 years old.

• Tried it. Got called Master (would have preffered Mistress but good enough).

• edited September 2017

that gif is smaller than my will to live what the shit

lupinb0y posted: »

I had the most terrifying dream last night. I was back in secondary school. I remember seeing a few people that were actually in my class

• why the fuck is there no jojo thread yet

Sign in to comment in this discussion.