The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Damn it is raining here but not that much 0_0
    hope it gets better for you

I almost don't want to go back to my house at this point. My friend drove by and told me part of my roof was ripped off, there are trees al

• edited September 2017

Are there truly any genuine people in the world anymore? Is there anyone out there in this world today, who truly is who they say they are, and who stands behind the things that they say?

I asked this question because quite frankly, from everything that I have seen, and that seems to be a big fat no.

For example, many will preach to you about how people should treat each other, and that how certain actions are despicable, yet if you watch them, they often times are committing those exact same actions themselves.

For example they might say that those who make fun at the expense of others are huge jerks, and they make huge display of labeling themselves as feeling that way, yet if you watch them they themselves often do the same thing, though normally in a passive-aggressive way.

Or they might say something to another in confidence, and that person may indeed keep that matter confidential, yet as soon as that person says something confidential to them, they're out blabbing to anyone and everyone who will listen, or will deliberately twist that person's words, to make that person look bad, because they feel that it makes them look good - which is a HUGE mark of insecurity on their part.

So my point is, with everything said and done, are there really any decent and genuine people anymore, people you can rely on as a true friend and confidant, or is EVERYONE just looking out for themselves?

I've always been more of a quiet observer, and always tried to listen more than talk, always made mental notes of what people said, always nondescript then observed what they did.

Something I definitely observed time and again growing up is how sometimes certain groups would keep somebody and round who didn't fit in with them, and how they acted how they liked that person, yet the truth was the only reason they kept them around was for their entertainment.

Now I'm not saying this because something bad happened to me as of late, but I'm just making an observation of human nature, and quite frankly I'm disgusted by it.

All these people who said everything that was sounded good, in short they were hypocrites! And if there is one thing I HATE with a passion is hypocrites. I ain't got time for them!

And I'm not saying people are perfect, as nobody is, and we all do things that hurt others, especially the ones we love the most, but I have seen so many people being hypocrites that I have developed these huge trust issues with people.

So how do you really know when you can trust somebody, and when somebody is just pretending to be trustworthy when they're anything but?

• Watched IT today and it was great! The kid actors were really good, especially the ones who play Bill, Ben, Richie and Bev. Pennywise was especially great with being both horrifying yet goofy. The effects were great and so were most of the scares. It also gets pretty funny especially with Richie and Eddie. Some of Richie's lines really steal the show.

I'm pretty excited for Chapter 2!

• Yeah, I've noticed that too. I've always wondered how everyone can be so selfish and hypocritical. Last year during Summer I was dreading school just because I didn't want to have to step back into the filth with shitty people. However, I've since learned that even though there's a lot of bad people, there's genuinly good ones too. It just takes time to find those people.

Kenny/Lee posted: »

Are there truly any genuine people in the world anymore? Is there anyone out there in this world today, who truly is who they say they are,

• Colonoscopy and endoscopy today! Prep was hard, nothing but clear fluids for two whole days. I'm so hungry!

Honestly, I'm worried for what comes next. I most likely have Crohn's disease, and I don't know how the quality of life is gonna be like living with it.

• Damn that sucks. Hopefully everything turns out okay.

Colonoscopy and endoscopy today! Prep was hard, nothing but clear fluids for two whole days. I'm so hungry! Honestly, I'm worried for wha

• September 12th, 1683

334 years ago today, the Winged Hussars arrived.

• Praying that everything turns out okay for you.

Colonoscopy and endoscopy today! Prep was hard, nothing but clear fluids for two whole days. I'm so hungry! Honestly, I'm worried for wha

• Let's not forget human-mammoth war 19 years earlier.

That TOTALLY happened, guys.

Sincerely, the NOT Fake News (we don't lie or do clickbait, trust us.)

• The cringe is strong with this one.

• New trailer for The Disaster Artist, James Franco's Tommy Wiseau is spot on.

• edited September 2017

Looks interesting but I doubt the true events adapted from the book were this exaggerated in real life.

New trailer for The Disaster Artist, James Franco's Tommy Wiseau is spot on.

• I hope its nothing serious, wish you well.

• Ksi wiped the floor with him there, but will he be able to do that in the ring? Why is February so far awayyyyy DX

The cringe is strong with this one.

• I guess the best way to find good people is being honest but distant at the same time and those crappy people will stay away because you aren't 'fun' for them. I did that for 4 years and it worked.(or at least they will make fun of you silently)

Kenny/Lee posted: »

Are there truly any genuine people in the world anymore? Is there anyone out there in this world today, who truly is who they say they are,

• man i have had enough with work i finish 10pm GMT and i get told the sink is blocked and i have to unblock how the squanch is that my problem plus i was stuck on till 8 hours again and have to do other things at the same time everyone seems to think im a meeseeksenter image description here

• edited September 2017

I was bored so I made this XD and also I am trying to get a job wish me luck

• Sorry to hear that! :( Hope things turn out well for you in the end.

• Words cannot describe how amazing it is that The Disaster Artist is actually getting a movie adaptation, and a fairly large/notable one at that. I'll have to watch this trailer later, but I've been following the news of this movie on and off for a while and I'm stoked to eventually see it. It's gonna be a riot! :p

New trailer for The Disaster Artist, James Franco's Tommy Wiseau is spot on.

• Knowing how eccentric Wiseau is, I honestly would not be that surprised to see the book and/or movie being pretty grounded and down to earth about what the experience of working on The Room is like.

Looks interesting but I doubt the true events adapted from the book were this exaggerated in real life.

• Random parenting thought:

I won't be one of those parents(if it happens, I'm not so young anymore) that doesn't allow their child on the internet. We all know they'd go behind my back for it. I think I will make sure they have a hobby that includes activity though. Yeah, you can spend 4 nights a week playing some games and watching the youtubes or twitch or whatever's cool then, but I'll be around for it and you will spend 3 nights a week playing soccer or something. I think it's a fair shake.

• I wouldn't shame them like my father did(I wasn't even chubby by today's standards!), I'd be honest. You only have until you're in your early 20's to look at yourself and fix it easily(relatively). Once you hit 30, you'll start to feel how you look and then it's a hard uphill battle to get in shape. Of course I'm talking about the average Joe here. Many people have other issues and I'm not saying that they don't. The average person. You don't even have to bring appearance up. Just manipulate your kid into staying a bit healthy(they are going to eat junk. They will crave sugars and carbs for normal development). I'm fairly smart. I can do it without being an asshole.

Johro posted: »

Random parenting thought: I won't be one of those parents(if it happens, I'm not so young anymore) that doesn't allow their child on the

• good luck with your job search

joshua007 posted: »

I was bored so I made this XD and also I am trying to get a job wish me luck

• So Sally can wait

• edited September 2017

Guess who just woke up at 4 AM with a major toothache.

EDIT: Nvm, it's gone.

• Thank you:)

good luck with your job search

• To whoever ordered the extremely loud road work right outside of my bedroom at 6 in the morning on my day off, I hope you're real fucking proud of yourself.

• Oh don't worry, I am.

ralo229 posted: »

To whoever ordered the extremely loud road work right outside of my bedroom at 6 in the morning on my day off, I hope you're real fucking proud of yourself.

• Is anyone having trouble posting comments on this forum with Chrome? I'm having to use Internet Explorer to post for now.

I've noticed that in Chrome the topics and comments are somewhat behind, and I'm given a security check whenever I try to post a comment, and I come up with an error even if I pass the security check.

• No?? It works fine to me.

RichWalk23 posted: »

Is anyone having trouble posting comments on this forum with Chrome? I'm having to use Internet Explorer to post for now. I've noticed th

• edited September 2017

This 'I am not a Robot' security check seems to come and go whenever I use Chrome for some reason.

enter image description here

Edit: It seems to turn on if I try to make a comment while I'm logged out and I'm then asked to sign-in first.

AronDracula posted: »

No?? It works fine to me.

• I've seen that video before, and it's a really great analysis of The Beginner's Guide; definitely worth the watch if you've played the game recently.

• Edit: It seems to turn on if I try to make a comment while I'm logged out and I'm then asked to sign-in first.

Pretty much. I'll never understand why Telltale downgrade the "My Account" button.

This 'I am not a Robot' security check seems to come and go whenever I use Chrome for some reason. Edit: It seems to turn on if I try to make a comment while I'm logged out and I'm then asked to sign-in first.

• That's a weird site glitch that happened for users a while back; log out and back into your profile on any browser you had where you experienced that issue.

Is anyone having trouble posting comments on this forum with Chrome? I'm having to use Internet Explorer to post for now. I've noticed th

• Has anyone here ever played a game called Brutal Legend? I've been looking into getting it, would you recommend?

• edited September 2017

It's a good game, but buyer beware on this one. It's heavy marketed as an action adventure, however, it quickly turns to more of a real-time strategy game. I loved everything except the gameplay, unfortunately. I HATE RTS.

I suggest finding a LP and watching a 10min chunk in the middle to get a grasp of what it will be like. Review clips mostly show it like a hack and slash.

Has anyone here ever played a game called Brutal Legend? I've been looking into getting it, would you recommend?

• Cheers. I'll give it a go.

That's a weird site glitch that happened for users a while back; log out and back into your profile on any browser you had where you experienced that issue.

• Telltale, why won't you love me?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.