The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Sounds like it could be IBS or IBD. Your symptoms seem like you could be in the later stages of a possible disease. Best to get checked, because the longer you wait the worse it gets. Also, you might have to push to get actual information. Lots of regular doctors will just chalk it up as constipation or something. IBD is a complex disease that needs a lot of testing done in order to get a diagnosis.

I just looked up a video about this to get to know this better and now I'm starting to become worried. Many of the symptoms they listed have

• Hell naw this is waaaayyyy too outdated. This needs to be played instead

ClemyClooAndBabyboo said: I have to rewatch [Iron Fist]

• Epic Sax Guy does not evoke feelings of mourning and loss.

Melton23 posted: »

Hell naw this is waaaayyyy too outdated. This needs to be played instead

• He does for me... he does for me

Epic Sax Guy does not evoke feelings of mourning and loss.

• That is just great. Tomb Raider gets another movie adaptation. They should just let the video game movie genre die because none of them were successful.

• enter image description here

papai46 posted: »

You shouldn't play Sonic. At all.

• Looks like I'll be going with Generations.

Unleashed and Colors are very meh and really odd with weird gameplay mechanics, but Generations is basically the one Sonic game you SHOULD play in preparation for Forces.

• I was just about to type of how I saw another colossal spider in my room but for a split second I thought I saw one on my tablet and I ended up throwing my tablet across the room, although it turned out to just be a bit of fabric.

• actually there's been a few video game movies that have grossed a fuckload of money at the box office, so it's not none of them.

as for video game movies that are actually good, there's 2. and no more than 2.

AronDracula posted: »

That is just great. Tomb Raider gets another movie adaptation. They should just let the video game movie genre die because none of them were successful.

• I love watching old Seinfeld reruns it's great.

• edited November 2017

...SPIDERS!!

I hate spiders too!
    It's reassuring to know that I'm not the only person that internally freaks out when I see a clump of thread on the ground thinking that it's a spider... :D

TheFurryOne posted: »

I was just about to type of how I saw another colossal spider in my room but for a split second I thought I saw one on my tablet and I ended up throwing my tablet across the room, although it turned out to just be a bit of fabric.

• Me when I see a spider:

enter image description here

...SPIDERS!! I hate spiders too! It's reassuring to know that I'm not the only person that internally freaks out when I see a clump of thread on the ground thinking that it's a spider...

• https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/18/soviet-officer-who-averted-cold-war-nuclear-disaster-dies-aged-77

A Soviet officer whose cool head and quick thinking saved the world from nuclear war has died aged 77.

Stanislav Petrov was on duty in a secret command centre outside Moscow on 26 September 1983 when a radar screen showed that five Minuteman intercontinental ballistic missiles had been launched by the US towards the Soviet Union.

Red Army protocol would have been to order a retaliatory strike, but Petrov – then a 44-year-old lieutenant colonel – ignored the warning, relying on a “gut instinct” that told him it was a false alert.

“The siren howled, but I just sat there for a few seconds, staring at the big, back-lit, red screen with the word ‘launch’ on it,” he told the BBC’s Russian Service in 2013. “All I had to do was to reach for the phone; to raise the direct line to our top commanders.”

Instead of triggering a third world war, Petrov called in a malfunction in the early warning system. But even as he did so, he later admitted, he was not entirely sure he was doing the right thing.

“Twenty-three minutes later I realised that nothing had happened. If there had been a real strike, then I would already know about it. It was such a relief,” he said.

It later emerged that the false alarm was the result of a satellite mistaking the reflection of the sun’s rays off the tops of clouds for a missile launch.

“We are wiser than the computers,” Petrov said in a 2010 interview with the German magazine Der Spiegel. “We created them.”

• Hey, it's National Cheeseburger Day. Celebrate!

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited September 2017

He will be missed for sure, even if not everyone will appreciate the choice he made and what he prevented. :(

Imagine how different things could have been otherwise.

HiroVoid posted: »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/18/soviet-officer-who-averted-cold-war-nuclear-disaster-dies-aged-77 A Soviet officer whose

• Minecraft: Story Mode wouldn't have happened.

He will be missed for sure, even if not everyone will appreciate the choice he made and what he prevented. Imagine how different things could have been otherwise.

• Minecraft: Story Mode wouldn't have happened.

• If you want more crazy tales about how our world almost ended (either by human action or nature's wrath) I highly recommend this video. It is very informative.

HiroVoid posted: »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/18/soviet-officer-who-averted-cold-war-nuclear-disaster-dies-aged-77 A Soviet officer whose

• Only if I were married to Daisy Fuentes

You sound like a serial killer

• Shit. Even Street Fighter did well in theatres. Made it's money back just in the domestic release.

actually there's been a few video game movies that have grossed a fuckload of money at the box office, so it's not none of them. as for video game movies that are actually good, there's 2. and no more than 2.

• I'm not a fan of Jolie, but the first film was okay. It was a popcorn flick. Have a few drinks and it was okay.

AronDracula posted: »

That is just great. Tomb Raider gets another movie adaptation. They should just let the video game movie genre die because none of them were successful.

• The Star Wars Battlefront [2015] Season Pass is free on PS4, Xbox One, and PC until October 5th. Completely free. This means you can now get all 4 expansions for free.
    Considering that I never supported their practice of pre-order special weapons, and never bought any of the DLC.. I am so getting it. Seems worth it.

Whether or not there'll be many others that still play, I'll just have to find out. Still... free stuff!

• Imagine all the people. Living life in peace.

yes, a world without MC:SM would be truly perfect.

• a perfect world? does that mean eliminating minecraft story mode would eliminate you too then?

Imagine all the people. Living life in peace. yes, a world without MC:SM would be truly perfect.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited September 2017

Imagine all the people, living for today...

Imagine all the people. Living life in peace. yes, a world without MC:SM would be truly perfect.

• Oh my god, thank you. I honestly did not know about this. Just saved myself 25$ and a reason to play Star Wars again

AChicken posted: »

The Star Wars Battlefront [2015] Season Pass is free on PS4, Xbox One, and PC until October 5th. Completely free. This means you can now get

• Hey, it's National Cheeseburger Day. Celebrate!

• edited September 2017

Fun Fact:

Hide Your Heart is a song written by Paul Stanley of KISS(if you don't know it, watch the video NOW...seriously) in 1987.

It was first recorded and released by Bonnie Tyler(yes, the Total Eclipse of the Heart person. You know her) in 1988.

It was later recorded and released by KISS in 1989.

Why? Apparently, the song wasn't good enough for their album in 1987, but their standards lowered in 1989.

• ♫ "Again today I will go soaring through the sky.
    My enemies - I'll dish them up in a stir fry.
    Gracious Goddess of the light, watches from up above.
    At dinner time I always show the cook some love." ♫

• I have seen a lot of huge spiders this year, i always get them out with a glass cup and some paper but this year some of them are nearly too big to fit under the rim of some of the glasses i use.

TheFurryOne posted: »

I was just about to type of how I saw another colossal spider in my room but for a split second I thought I saw one on my tablet and I ended up throwing my tablet across the room, although it turned out to just be a bit of fabric.

• OzzyUK said:
    but this year some of them are nearly too big to fit under the rim of some of the glasses i use.

...the hell? 0.0

OzzyUK posted: »

I have seen a lot of huge spiders this year, i always get them out with a glass cup and some paper but this year some of them are nearly too big to fit under the rim of some of the glasses i use.

• ...the hell? 0.0

I know :O

I did take a pic one time (i won't embed for people who hate spiders) https://imgur.com/a/7okgO, this wasn't the best cup to use but it was the only one i had access to at the time and the width of the top is 8cm.

If the spider wasn't trying to get out the whole thing with its legs out stretched would be as wide as the cup.

OzzyUK said: but this year some of them are nearly too big to fit under the rim of some of the glasses i use. ...the hell? 0.0

• edited September 2017

(Whoops, didn't mean to double post. I had forgotten about that random thing up there ^ )

So I decided to start playing BioShock.
    I bought it ages ago and it was just sitting around collecting dust.
    My brother told me about it but I put off playing it because it just didn't seem that interesting to me.

I've only played it for a few hours, so I still haven't fully grasped everything yet.
    The city of Rapture looks pretty cool and I want to learn more about it... despite how dark and twisted it is.
    But yeah, we'll see how I go.

But when I met my first Splicer, I thought something seemed disturbingly familiar about them.
    Then it hit me: they look like Shade from Tales from the Borderlands!
    DON'T YOU THINK SO?!?!
    ... Errr... a bit? Nevermind...

• The moment Rick went total crazy

• Why do I need to type the emoji around this place instead of being able to select it form my keyboard?

• Bite me.

a perfect world? does that mean eliminating minecraft story mode would eliminate you too then?

• I need more of Ashley Johnson singing. I can listen to her sing all day!

• with pleasure

Bite me.

• Honestly, maybe it's because I'm already 8yrs into my second career, but this is my favourite Simpsons joke of all time:

If it wasn't for the fact I'd be fired or suspended, I'd LOVE to use this one day.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.