The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Yes. It's a separate story within the universe. All three games are.

Errr, nope, not yet! I really haven't made it far at all... I feel kinda dumb for being such a scaredy-cat... But thanks for answering my question. Can you jump right into Infinite without playing the other games though?

• I jumped into Infinite without playing the other two (I played the other two afterwards don't hate pls) you're not going to miss virtually anything, it's essentially a standalone story IIRC. It does handle very dark themes and it can be pretty gruesome at times (though the level of gruesome is pretty standard for an M rated game imo) but it isn't 100% those two things although it's mostly Elizabeth that lightens up the story.

It's a really good game if you're into first person shooters, I was a little disappointed during my first playthrough since I knew nothing about the game and was hoping to be able to explore the city Dishonored style but it's still a great game with a compelling narrative.

Errr, nope, not yet! I really haven't made it far at all... I feel kinda dumb for being such a scaredy-cat... But thanks for answering my question. Can you jump right into Infinite without playing the other games though?

• Oh goody lazy full price 80 euro just cutscenes game with no gamplay

Only be few hours long I bet

Save money watch full play though on youtube when re leased

• Yep, it's like a combination between Until Dawn and The Order 1886.

Markd4547 posted: »

Oh goody lazy full price 80 euro just cutscenes game with no gamplay Only be few hours long I bet Save money watch full play though on youtube when re leased

• I plan on doing this for lunch time, and I intended on giving a donut to the people I sit with

WarpSpeed posted: »

If you bring enough for the whole class, it's fine, but there should be something to drink, and something to clean up fingers, too. Clear it with the teacher first if in doubt.

• Oh ok thanks!

lupinb0y posted: »

I don't think The Outsider just reverts Billie to her original state but replaces her arm and eye to give her powers without the need of a mark.

• After getting 100% on all 8 missions before, I finished the Bathhouse with a fucking godawful 71% stealth rating.

Fuck my life.

• Sniper. Bro. Too much time on your hands. Too much.

• Oh hush, you.

Johro posted: »

Sniper. Bro. Too much time on your hands. Too much.

• blind what the fuck do you even have a job, where do you find the time to go through and censor all that

• it's called free time :p

blind what the fuck do you even have a job, where do you find the time to go through and censor all that

• you have way more free time than i do. teach me your ways.

it's called free time

• Knitting is a good hobby. :)

Oh hush, you.

• I can't really see that happening considering he kinda evaporated :P

The lack of chaos system was a critique I had with the game. The system gives you the incentive to want to play the game how it's canonicall

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited September 2017

Do you remember, the 21st night of September?...

• Look, I just want more Daud, is that too much to ask?

• edited September 2017

As Johro said, all three games are separate stories in the same universe. So, yes. You can jump straight through, but I'd recommend playing at least the first one, though, the second one can be skipped and you won't really miss anything.

I too was really freaked out by the Splicers when I first played it. But you'll get used to them if you keep going.
    Just give it a chance, you might get into it. If not, then try Infinite.

• I heard it'll only be about 20-25$ at release.
    That's not a bad price, if the story can be altered in large ways..

Markd4547 posted: »

Oh goody lazy full price 80 euro just cutscenes game with no gamplay Only be few hours long I bet Save money watch full play though on youtube when re leased

• edited September 2017

Maybe they get paid and work from home. Then again, a lot of moderators tend to work for free.

blind what the fuck do you even have a job, where do you find the time to go through and censor all that

• Movie tie-in game. I get it if it happens to be part of some bundle or something as side product.

• earthquakes, hurricanes with intense winds and huge wildfires all in the month of september.

enter image description here

Do you remember, the 21st night of September?...

• earthquakes, hurricanes with intense winds and huge wildfires all in the month of september.

• I haven't watched him since his first ANF video. Has he improved at all because his ANF video was fuckin awful. He hardly made any good points and just bitched about Clem not being the biggest focus most of the time.

• In The Last Of Us (uh... part I?) you mainly play as Joel, and there is a DLC story campaign where you play as Ellie.
    If in TLOU Part II you mainly play as Ellie (or so they say), what's the chance of there being a DLC story campaign that is mainly about Joel?

• edited September 2017

I don't think so. If the rumors are real we're gonna play in some parts in the game as Ellie's mother, so I think that for some people that would be a better material for DLC. I also heard that in TLOU II we're gonna play in different timelines both as Ellie and Joel so it wouldn't be a necessary to make a DLC about Joel.

In The Last Of Us (uh... part I?) you mainly play as Joel, and there is a DLC story campaign where you play as Ellie. If in TLOU Part II yo

• If the rumors are real we're gonna play in some parts in the game as Ellie's mother, I also heard that in TLOU II we're gonna play in different timelines both as Ellie and Joel

Woah... Where'd you hear those?

• This might be fake but there's a chanel on YT called Breakthrough Gaming. He made a few videos about TLOU 2. I don't remember which video it was but it had some photos with this new actress, I don't remember her name, holding a baby doll. Some people and the author of the video himself speculated that the babydoll is in fact Ellie. He also made a video about this different timelines, but again I don't remember which one it was. Like I said this might be fake and I would take this with a grain of salt but some "facts" make some sense.

Acheive250 posted: »

If the rumors are real we're gonna play in some parts in the game as Ellie's mother, I also heard that in TLOU II we're gonna play in different timelines both as Ellie and Joel Woah... Where'd you hear those?

• just bitched about Clem not being the biggest focus most of the time.

ANF deserves it because after the announcement of Season 4, this whole "For the newcomers" bullshit became pointless and unnecessary.

I haven't watched him since his first ANF video. Has he improved at all because his ANF video was fuckin awful. He hardly made any good points and just bitched about Clem not being the biggest focus most of the time.

• Hmmm, playing as Joel and Ellie in different timelines does sound interesting...

I think the "Playing as Ellie's Mother" sounds kinda far-fetched to me, but... yeah... that's just me.
    I mean, you do play as Sarah...

• I think the "Playing as Ellie's Mother" sounds kinda far-fetched to me, but... yeah... that's just me.

I agree. It’ll be weird if we play as her in DLC but she isn’t given any major role in the game.

Let’s see how the story goes in Pt.II. If we come across any characters interesting enough to have their own DLC, then we can predict the next DLC.

Hmmm, playing as Joel and Ellie in different timelines does sound interesting... I think the "Playing as Ellie's Mother" sounds kinda far-fetched to me, but... yeah... that's just me. I mean, you do play as Sarah...

• What ANF "deserves" is to be properly criticized, analyzed and discussed so people can have a better understanding of why it failed and how it could have been better. It doesn't deserve some pissbabies on the internet crying about "WAAAH WHERE'S MY CLEEEEEEEEEEM!!!!111" when Clem not being the focus isn't a flaw with the game. You know damn well they could have made a fantastic game with Javier as the protagonist, but they didn't, and that's the problem with ANF. If you're going to make a video criticizing ANF then you better be actually criticizing it and not just bitching.

AronDracula posted: »

just bitched about Clem not being the biggest focus most of the time. ANF deserves it because after the announcement of Season 4, this whole "For the newcomers" bullshit became pointless and unnecessary.

• Trust me, I wasn't one of them who cried about Clem not being the PC.....until Episode 5.

What ANF "deserves" is to be properly criticized, analyzed and discussed so people can have a better understanding of why it failed and how

• The only reason Clem not being the PC can become a valid complaint is because Episode 5's ending just basically made Clem the protagonist again and fucked Javi over, so the whole story was rendered pointless.

AronDracula posted: »

Trust me, I wasn't one of them who cried about Clem not being the PC.....until Episode 5.

• ClemyClooAndBabyboo said:
    when Clem not being the focus isn't a flaw with the game. You know damn well they could have made a fantastic game with Javier as the protagonist, but they didn't, and that's the problem

That pretty much sums up what I think to an extent, too. ANF was flawed in areas, but people act like the flaw was specifically because they focused on other characters besides Clem.

What ANF "deserves" is to be properly criticized, analyzed and discussed so people can have a better understanding of why it failed and how

• This is the first post I've made in like 3 weeks. Moved across the country yada yada. Anything new?

• ███████ ran for mod, yada yada yada, and now that's over.

Clemenem posted: »

This is the first post I've made in like 3 weeks. Moved across the country yada yada. Anything new?

• Man I keep forgetting how much I hate my username lol

• You mean @Poogers555?

███████ ran for mod, yada yada yada, and now that's over.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.