The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited September 2017

Hmm, Playstation Plus keeps getting better and better. Took Sony years to hear that we hate unpopular indie games.

• Why would you kill me, I'm a sweetheart.

That money was your front ticket to the loudest Metallica's concert, way to waste it.

I am alive Dammit, I spent $5,000 for that hitman to kill you, that's money I'm never getting back.

• edited September 2017

shameless dot

I am alive Dammit, I spent $5,000 for that hitman to kill you, that's money I'm never getting back.

• Looks pretty faithful to the manga.

strwar3 posted: »

Tokyo Ghoul:The Movie-Live Action Movie WOW!!! But I still have doubts about this and I hope it's good.

• That's what you get for hiring a Blind rifleman

uhhhhhhh, i mean, whatever are you talking about

• Well if you didn't kill fallandir, then who in the hell did you kill? Please tell me it was one of Kardashians/Jenners.

That's what you get for hiring a Blind rifleman uhhhhhhh, i mean, whatever are you talking about

• Metallica isn't touring the US right now, I'll accumulate that money by the next time they do, which should be in another, what, 7-9 years when they release their next album.

Just goes to show that if you want something done right, you do it yourself. You better watch yourself fallandir, and sleep with one eye open while gripping your pillow tight.

fallandir posted: »

Why would you kill me, I'm a sweetheart. That money was your front ticket to the loudest Metallica's concert, way to waste it.

• that we hate unpopular indie games.

but i love unpopular indie games...

enter image description here

AronDracula posted: »

Hmm, Playstation Plus keeps getting better and better. Took Sony years to hear that we hate unpopular indie games.

• Like the other two said, you've worn them out. Try something new.

Why do I feel like I stop caring about my favourite games like Outlast, Assassin's Creed 2, Metal Gear Solid 5, GTA San Andreas etc.?

• what part of BLIND do you not get, gosh darnit

Well if you didn't kill fallandir, then who in the hell did you kill? Please tell me it was one of Kardashians/Jenners.

• I wanna try Bloodborne (Hopefully I will not regret buying it), I'll probably get it on Christmas.

Like the other two said, you've worn them out. Try something new.

• I don't know if this has been discussed here before, and I didn't really know where else to put this comment as I don't really use The Batman discussion threads. I just wanted to point out in this exclusive clip of Harley Quinn's first entrance, that her face animations especially when she laughs shows how much Telltale have better utilized character expressions, with the new engine after ANF.

• It's probably one of my favorite games of all time, but if you were so frustrated with Outlast 2's insane difficulty I'd recommend not picking it up unless you're absolutely sure you can be dedicated to learning it's mechanics. It's VERY difficult and requires quite a lot of fucking patience. I love the game to pieces but even I can admit that it's biggest flaw is that it is the least newcomer friendly game in the Soulsborne series.

If you've finished any of the Dark Souls games before playing Bloodborne then it'll be a lot less rough, but Bloodborne is not a game you can just hop into. It's very much like Castlevania and Zelda. It drops you into it's world with no tips or clues on your objective, and you're left to figure it out yourself. Which is great and it can lead to some amazing game design, but it also leads to new players being clueless and trying everything they can until finally finding the answer.

I personally recommend checking out the first Dark Souls game before Bloodborne. It's the hardest game in the series (not counting Demon's Souls) but it's also the most newcomer friendly and teaches you a lot of the base mechanics you're forced to learn the upgraded counterparts of in Bloodborne. Or just nab Bloodborne and try it off the bat. If you can be patient with it I assure you it'll be the best PS4 game you've ever played.

I wanna try Bloodborne (Hopefully I will not regret buying it), I'll probably get it on Christmas.

• ^ Clip from Batman Season 2

• Same thing happens with Witcher 3. I dunno how it managed to become successful because I knew nothing about Witcher and I gave it a try but after 2 hours, I stopped playing it because the pacing seemed very slow. Was it successful because of the newcomers? I thought the first two games didn't age well.

if you were so frustrated with Outlast 2's insane difficulty I'd recommend not picking it up unless you're absolutely sure you can be dedicated to learning it's mechanics.

You can't really compare a difficult game with a game mode where you have to finish in one run and have an instant death. I did play hard games like Uncharted on Crushing mode and Resident Evil 7 Ethan Must Die. I hated Outlast 2 Insane Mode because it was badly designed.

I personally recommend checking out the first Dark Souls game before Bloodborne.

Too bad it isn't on current consoles. Only the sequels.

If you can be patient with it I assure you it'll be the best PS4 game you've ever played.

Maybe I shouldn't try it right now cause it will distract me from my last High School year for how difficult I might expect.

It's probably one of my favorite games of all time, but if you were so frustrated with Outlast 2's insane difficulty I'd recommend not picki

• I love that they did a radio play for Futurama. Despite it being set in the 3010s, this actually fits well, considering the show is a twisted version of the mid-20th century predictions of the future (especially The Jetsons, but also the Orson Welles radio play broadcast of War of the Worlds), and the name Futurama comes from an attraction at the 1939 New York World's Fair.

Rsdiorama was a lot of fun, and it felt like a Futurama episode, specifically a "Tales of Interest" style episode with Maurice LaMarche's over the top narration. It's like closing your eyes when watching a televised Futurama episode. I really hope TinyCo and Nerdist commission more podcast episodes like this. :)

AChicken posted: »

To any Futurama fans out there, listen to this: This is a Futurama Special Podcast episode. Made by the show's original creator and write

• Okay, I'll admit - I was killed, but survived. Sniper did a good job despite his blindness, he just didn't care that the body came back to life.

Don't come after me, I'm really dead. Hello, this is a ghost typing.

Well if you didn't kill fallandir, then who in the hell did you kill? Please tell me it was one of Kardashians/Jenners.

• "...We are the Walking Dead"

Okay, I'll admit - I was killed, but survived. Sniper did a good job despite his blindness, he just didn't care that the body came back to life. Don't come after me, I'm really dead. Hello, this is a ghost typing.

• what part of sweetheart don't u understand MR, it's not my fault I can't grow a beard.

Metallica isn't touring the US right now, I'll accumulate that money by the next time they do, which should be in another, what, 7-9 years w

• Mfw the TFTBL art thread is pretty much a ghost town these days :(

enter image description here

• So, I caved in and bought the official Metroid 2 remake.
    At face value, yeah, it's better than the fan version(which I may or may not have played before it was shut down).
    It's also a full priced 3DS game, which is a bit silly to me. It's selling well, so what do I know.

I dislike the new design and find the other remake more pleasing to the eye, but the melee attack is a nice touch.
    Overall, if I had more than a handful of 3DS games, I probably wouldn't have bothered and stuck with the version I may or may not have.
    I don't really regret it though. I want it to be successful and Nintendo to take notice.

• You can't really compare a difficult game with a game mode where you have to finish in one run and have an instant death.

To be fair, both require a lot of patience.

I did play hard games like Uncharted on Crushing mode and Resident Evil 7 Ethan Must Die.

Well that gives you a bit more experience than I expected. But those games are still relatively slower paced and Uncharted's gameplay is pretty streamlined. Bloodborne is hyper fast and definitely insane.

I hated Outlast 2 Insane Mode because it was badly designed.

I still don't see how it's badly designed. The whole point of the mode is to be brutally and realistically difficult and make it so you can only die once, and it does exactly that. So if it does what it does correctly, it provides an actual challenge and it's optional so you don't even HAVE to do it, why is it badly designed?

Too bad it isn't on current consoles. Only the sequels.

It's backwards compatible with Xbox One and it's on PC with relatively low requirements.

Maybe I shouldn't try it right now cause it will distract me from my last High School year for how difficult I might expect.

If you become addicted to it (likeidid) then yeah, may wanna hold off a bit.

Same thing happens with Witcher 3. I dunno how it managed to become successful because I knew nothing about Witcher and I gave it a try but

• I still don't see how it's badly designed. The whole point of the mode is to be brutally and realistically difficult and make it so you can only die once, and it does exactly that. So if it does what it does correctly, it provides an actual challenge and it's optional so you don't even HAVE to do it, why is it badly designed?

Because the AI gets way smarter and they run faster than you do. Instant death should have been the only option. Also, for a big length, I don't see a good reason not adding at least an option to skip cutscenes.

You can't really compare a difficult game with a game mode where you have to finish in one run and have an instant death. To be fair

• I am exhausted.

Busy college day.

Hey, how is everyone doing?

• The First 8 Minutes Of Cuphead Holy Shit!!! This looks awesome! It looks hard and amazingly well done! I can't wait to get it!

• Because the AI gets way smarter and they run faster than you do.

Which is like??? The point of the mode???? And the point of any game????? With a higher difficulty setting??????

I don't see a good reason not adding at least an option to skip cutscenes.

I still agree with this.

I still don't see how it's badly designed. The whole point of the mode is to be brutally and realistically difficult and make it so you can

• As far as I know the PS4 controller can only be plugged in and recharged directly from the PS4, although I think there might be a problem with the controller itself as I can hear something rattling inside it when I pick it up. With the tablet charger I've gone through about 3-4 chargers, with them all working perfectly at first then turning shitty. I tried recharging it downstairs and it went from 10% to 56% in about an hour or two so I'm not sure if it made a difference . Maybe there is something wrong with the tablet since it is only a £50 one.

Johro posted: »

This is using different chargers and cables, right? I know a bit about hardware, software and electrical and this doesn't really make sense

• Is it possible to have a story feature anthropomorphic animals as the main characters but have the story still be taken seriously? I've got quite a good concept for a futuristic sci-fi/fantasy story featuring anthropomorphic animals and how they exist in a world where humans and normal animals also exist alongside them, but I'm afraid it would only be able to be marketed towards children and I would have to get rid of the dark and edgy stuff, the nuclear war stuff, and the sentient giant tree monster that hates humanity.

• It's worked for Elder Scrolls. Why not?

If you avoid the more inhuman, silly, behaviour of animals, it'll be fine.

More like The Howling, less like Sleepwalkers.

TheFurryOne posted: »

Is it possible to have a story feature anthropomorphic animals as the main characters but have the story still be taken seriously? I've got

• Werewolves? Sphinxes? Minotaurs? Centaurs? Jörmungandr? Most are mixed with humans, but it seems that the scarier the animal, the better, and the monster has more chances to be taken seriously.

Is it possible to have a story feature anthropomorphic animals as the main characters but have the story still be taken seriously? I've got

• Welp, I just cancelled my refund of GTA 4 and downloaded some Windows Client thingy, and it's now launching perfectly without problems.

• Did you need to download Windows Live?

Welp, I just cancelled my refund of GTA 4 and downloaded some Windows Client thingy, and it's now launching perfectly without problems.

• Yep, and it's working perfectly.

lupinb0y posted: »

Did you need to download Windows Live?

• Do we have some successful writers around here? I'll exchange cookies for a good useful information on how to publish a book. I've spoken with many people and read tons of online recipes, but still got nothing I'd consider helpful.

• Back in the days before Walking Dead took off, I recall we had a few smaller authors (think indie/self publishing/smaller publishing) on here. But, time has passed and they moved on. I might recommend checking a larger enthusiast community, such as Reddit, to see what they say.

Currently, the forums consist more of younger adults/late teenagers (kind of ironic given Telltale's mature games, but I digress :p ) so perhaps the pool of authors would be a bit on the smaller side.

Do we have some successful writers around here? I'll exchange cookies for a good useful information on how to publish a book. I've spoken with many people and read tons of online recipes, but still got nothing I'd consider helpful.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited September 2017

I would say a story like that depends largely on the characterization, tone, and world building. Tons of mature stories out there can feature anthropomorphic characters. Some do so allegorically, such as the Maus comic or Animal Farm.

Even Telltale dabbled in it with Wolf Among Us - Mr Toad, Collin, and other characters were anthropomorphic animals with compelling story arcs that did not detract from the story being taken seriously. Them being animals even played a role in the story and world building, with their glamour problems.

• Yo can anyone tell me how to put my own unique picture as my profile

• edited September 2017

Man, I LOVE working out! This Is My Workout Song!!!! anybody got a favorite workout song? Man, I just LOVE tbis shit!!

• Holding Out For A Hero, because I like to imagine I'm in an 80's montage.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.