The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Hey, people come and go, if she just left you she wasn't really worth your feelings. People tend to be douchy and moody about life, perhaps it's just the phase she's going through, but if it's not, try to blame yourself, that person didn't deserve being friends with you if she pulls up shit like this.

One of my closest friends has ended our friendship and doesn’t want me in her life anymore, I’m not gonna go into detail because I’ll be her

• remember to drop some sick beat dude

AChicken posted: »

Okay... About to audition for my school's mainstage play this year in about 20mins. Wish me luck!

• Thanks for that! And btw your profile pic is amazing XD

fallandir posted: »

Hey, people come and go, if she just left you she wasn't really worth your feelings. People tend to be douchy and moody about life, perhaps

• Yours ain't worse, Luna Lovegood :D And if you need something, I'm around!

Thanks for that! And btw your profile pic is amazing XD

• edited September 2017

Thanks!
    Yeah.. Didn't do too well.
    The play they're doing this year is actually a musical: Little Shop of Horrors. And -- while good -- it isn't my style of music. I can't sing the type of music that's in it.

For the audition we had to prepare a monologue and 16 bars each from two songs of contrasting styles.
    (I chose an excerpt from the book "Wild Abandon" as the monologue, and the songs "A Musical" from Something Rotten - (up tempo, comedic) and "Michael in the Bathroom" from Be More Chill - (Slower tempo, more emotional)
    Doing my monologue was fine, but for the songs, I messed up. For the first song, I sung it really well the first time, and when they asked me to do it again and really get into it, I had mixed up the lines in my head when singing it, and I ended up accidentally singing certain rhymes in the wrong order.
    For the second song, I just failed. I was singing it fine, but as I got halfway into the first chorus I had gotten mixed up in my head again, and stopped myself. They told me to redo it, but I then got mixed up in the first verse, second line.. again thinking of the wrong order of rhymes in my head. The fact that they stopped me early isn't a good sign. I hadn't even gotten to the best parts.

Ah well, I can move on. I'm just not used to musical auditions (or, well, auditions as a whole). The nerves really got to me this time (somehow... Usually I'm pretty confident in theater). But there'll be other smaller plays I can try for this year.

Good luck! And stay happy no matter what happens!

• Man, that sucks.
    I had a falling out with a friend a few years ago, and it wasn't all that great (I had a pretty small circle of friends already). I think it was one of his friends being a bad influence on him, (they ended up talking about me behind my back and [his friend] said pretty mean things to me at one point) though I don't know the whole reason why he [my friend] eventually joined in. But we kind of settled our differences at one point. But our friendly bond is not as strong as it was before.. We really don't hang out as much as we used to (and won't for anytime soon, he's at university in a different city).
    The thing is, try to move on. You'll eventually meet new people and will hopefully form new bonds with them (I just reached the university stage in my life, and there's tons of new people to meet, with guaranteed similar interests because of your program choice).

I hope for the best for you and your friend. Becoming distant from friends is really hard.

One of my closest friends has ended our friendship and doesn’t want me in her life anymore, I’m not gonna go into detail because I’ll be her

• try to blame yourself

Don't you mean try not to blame yourself?

fallandir posted: »

Hey, people come and go, if she just left you she wasn't really worth your feelings. People tend to be douchy and moody about life, perhaps

• I’m not gonna go into detail

But then we can't understand what you're talking about.

• Parents.

If you're going to let your kid sit around and play video games/watch TV all day, at least turn on subtitles/closed captioning.
    That way they at least learn to spell.

• You really think the subtitles/closed captioning get the words right? :)

Johro posted: »

Parents. If you're going to let your kid sit around and play video games/watch TV all day, at least turn on subtitles/closed captioning. That way they at least learn to spell.

• edited September 2017

Star Trek Discovery (Pilot Episode)re:View so, I guess they kinda... liked it,I guess from this Re:View video they did. I didn't want to watch that TV show at all!

• It can't be worse than what I see on social media.

WarpSpeed posted: »

You really think the subtitles/closed captioning get the words right?

• Just watched the new IT. I'm a bit late to the party, but I saw it with two of my buddies in a theater of only five (including us). I haven't actually sat down and watched a horror film in seven years, one of my friends are a complete bitch when it comes to this stuff, and the other casually watches scary movies. I jumped once, my friend that is a bitch jumped twice, and our friend that constantly watches scary movies refused to look at the screen during points. We mocked him appropriately. Most fun I've had going to the movies in a long time. Easily the movie I was the most amped for. The ending was awesome. I've never wanted the heroes to win so fucking badly. I watched the original, and I was still doubting who was gonna live during the movie. I kind of wish there wasn't going to be a sequal. I know there's more to the story, but if the planned duology ended with this one, I'd be completely content. That being said, I'm probably gonna watch the sequel.

• My friend was self-harming and I told our school so she could get help, but I feel I’m a part of the problem cuz I always joke about how I want to kill myself and how I have depression. She says that I hurt her and she can’t forgive that, and I am such a moron that I lost someone over a sick joke. Her family isn’t the most healthy either so they didn’t respond well. My family told me I did the right thing telling someone so she could get the help but now I kind of regret. The last message she sent me was ‘Well I’m moving on have a good life’ and I don’t know how.

papai46 posted: »

I’m not gonna go into detail But then we can't understand what you're talking about.

• I'm ready for the hockey season to start. Let's do it!

Don't like hockey? We can bake some cookies. Everyone likes cookies.

• Just... No ginger snaps. I know. I know. I'm alienating everyone here. Anything else. Gluten free, nut allergies, whatever I'm flex. We'll make it happen. Personally, I have a little thing for M&Ms, but I'm willing to work with you.

I'm ready for the hockey season to start. Let's do it! Don't like hockey? We can bake some cookies. Everyone likes cookies.

• Yeah, I have troubles typing lately.

try to blame yourself Don't you mean try not to blame yourself?

• Good thing I like hockey, because I hate cookies.

I'm ready for the hockey season to start. Let's do it! Don't like hockey? We can bake some cookies. Everyone likes cookies.

• Stop pretending you're the smartest here.

Gotta give a point

AronDracula posted: »

Hahahaha, I played the first one right when I arrived in Netherlands and I finished the whole main story. The good reviews is what made me want to play the game. Stop pretending you're the smartest here.

• You did the right thing in telling someone. Just leave the door open, and she might come back some day. Meanwhile, just treat her "professionally" (detached but not antagonistic) when you have to interact with her at school.

I know, that's easy for me to say.

My friend was self-harming and I told our school so she could get help, but I feel I’m a part of the problem cuz I always joke about how I w

• I dropped my dog off this morning with the intention of picking him after 2 and I discussed this with lady, but I just got a call saying he’s ready to be picked up and it’s not even 11:30.

Nothing I can do about that right now. :/

• Crying right now cuz of this, just pure art.

• Since I'm having such a rough time with Midir, I went back to Dark Souls 1 to play it and relax for a bit and holy shit this game is fun. Especially when you know what you're doing.

• Geez, that's terrible. But you did the right thing, telling someone.

And I do agree with @WarpSpeed on how that might help you get back together, at least somewhat. I know it worked for me.

My friend was self-harming and I told our school so she could get help, but I feel I’m a part of the problem cuz I always joke about how I w

• edited September 2017

Holy shit, Alien Isolation is my second favourite horror and I agree with most of the sins Dartigan pointed out. But that doesn't mean I don't like the game anymore, it makes me understand why this game didn't get a lot of attention.

• Most of the people I know are over 16 and still say are instead of our. They have no disabilities and English is their first language so there's that.

It can't be worse than what I see on social media.

• edited September 2017

You guys ever have a lockdown drill at your school, but only 3 of your classmates took it seriously and the rest wouldn't shut the fuck up? Well, that just happened to me today.

• I was officially informed that the ginger cookies season started in my country today. So I'm eating some right now. They are amazing with hot lemon tea.

• I hate cookies

v

Good thing I like hockey, because I hate cookies.

• Not sure what the deal is with popup ads in your games now. Don't deny it because that's what they are. I haven't played your games in a while, but decided to buy The Walking Dead games again on my PS4, upon playing Michonne and A New Frontier, then I got Guardian's of the Galaxy and I noticed that after every episode, you've wanted me to buy a different game, or sign up for party play. I don't mind if they are announcements on the main menu, but forcefully having a player to see this after finishing an episode is annoying and shows how desperate you are getting to get players to buy something.

• HiroVoidHiroVoid Moderator
    edited September 2017

Puerto Rico is in trouble with the devastation left by Hurricane Maria.

If possible, please donate what you can even if it's just a little.
    http://unidosporpuertorico.com/en/

• lol are you serious?

Not sure what the deal is with popup ads in your games now. Don't deny it because that's what they are. I haven't played your games in a whi

• edited September 2017

Maybe not to that exact degree, but yes, I've experienced a few with some obnoxious people (won't shut their phone off, can't stop giggling, hide in obnoxious places like the empty school supplies closet. -- okay, that one is kinda smart but it still annoyed me.)

You guys ever have a lockdown drill at your school, but only 3 of your classmates took it seriously and the rest wouldn't shut the fuck up? Well, that just happened to me today.

• Man, if there was an ACTUAL shooter at my school and none of my classmates would stop making noise, I'd just take my chances and run outside into the woods.

Maybe not to that exact degree, but yes, I've experienced a few with some obnoxious people (won't shut their phone off, can't stop giggling,

• Currently trying out the new Fortnite Battle Royale game (the free-to-play alternative to PUBG on PC and consoles) and it's really good. I've never owned nor played any of the other battle-royale type games, but this is a fun introduction to it.

There is crafting, where you can build walls, ramps, floors, roofs and various traps in buildings, but everything except the traps are useful. Since the map is fairly large, not many people will stumble into the house you want and trigger a trap you set. Especially if that building has multiple entrances, then you need multiple traps, and it's not worth the time (there is a limited play area in the map that shrinks over time).

It's really fun and very tense considering that you're up against 90 other people, and as the match goes on, many die and you get closer and closer together. You really need to wat how your surroundings and keep an eye on the horizon.
    There is another horde mode which you can get instant access to if you get the paid version (which comes with extra perks for that mode) but they say it too will be free in 2018.
    I recommend this game, and since there's no progression or unlock system, it means everyone is on an even playing field. (but it also means that it could get tedious after a while, since nothing really changes) Either way, for the (not) price that it's at, pick it up.

• Pretty much what happened at our lockdown drill last year. We were all crowded in a corner of the library while the teachers told half the kids to shut up.

• Any other Aussies watching the grand final today?

• oh no a company is recommending me to buy their other games after I finish one of their games in a popup that i can turn off with one click

telltale is SCUM, telltale should not be allowed to reproduce

Not sure what the deal is with popup ads in your games now. Don't deny it because that's what they are. I haven't played your games in a whi

• I beat Resident Evil 7 Ethan Must Die DLC for the second time. I didn't need an Albert, a magnum or even a grenade launcher to beat Margueritte, the weapon that I used on her the most was just a small pistol with enhanced ammo.

• Recently got accepted into beta testing for NVIDIA. FUN!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.